Thread: warrior diet??

anthony788 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

warrior diet??

is there any possible way to gain muscle and lose fat without losing muscle on the warrior diet??

toon126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toon126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toon126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toon126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toon126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toon126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toon126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toon126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toon126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toon126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toon126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by anthony788 View Post
    is there any possible way to gain muscle and lose fat without losing muscle on the warrior diet??
    No. Warrior Diet is a lifestyle solution to eating, nothing more. The results people get are based on their intake levels.

If you enjoy not having to think about food all day and then get to eat a nice big feast to leave you full in the night like I do then go for it, but it won't do anything magical for your goals.

APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It isn't a magical diet. Eat less kcal than you expend you and you will lose fat. Eat more kcal than you expend and you'll gain fat (and hopefully some muscle).

Warrior Diet is cool when you're trying to lose fat but not so good on bulking. Trying to cram enough calories into one meal isn't easy, unless you resort to total junk food options.
    *CEO crew*
    *Married with kids crew*
    *Life starts at 29 crew*
    *Still misc crew*

kenfel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenfel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenfel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenfel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenfel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenfel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenfel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenfel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenfel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenfel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenfel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by anthony788 View Post
    Yes absolutely. It is more of a slow, gradual muscle/strength gain, but entirely possible. In fact, this diet has been the easiest for me to gain strength while eating around my maintenance calories (I don't count, but I'd estimate that sometimes I go slightly over maintenance, and sometimes below).

I just finished one month on the diet, and lost 8 pounds while increasing strength fairly significantly. I have attached my before/after photos.

I have documented more about my diet, workout, etc on my blog. PM me if you are interested.
    Attached Images

low_clazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) low_clazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) low_clazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) low_clazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) low_clazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) low_clazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) low_clazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) low_clazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) low_clazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) low_clazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) low_clazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by kenfel View Post
    Yes absolutely. It is more of a slow, gradual muscle/strength gain, but entirely possible. In fact, this diet has been the easiest for me to gain strength while eating around my maintenance calories (I don't count, but I'd estimate that sometimes I go slightly over maintenance, and sometimes below).

I just finished one month on the diet, and lost 8 pounds while increasing strength fairly significantly. I have attached my before/after photos.

I have documented more about my diet, workout, etc on my blog. PM me if you are interested.
    wow, great progress! post the cliffs of your log here please, I'm interested and I'm sure others are too.

kenfel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenfel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenfel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenfel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenfel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenfel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenfel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenfel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenfel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenfel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kenfel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by low_clazz View Post
    wow, great progress! post the cliffs of your log here please, I'm interested and I'm sure others are too.
    Thanks! I have been eating pretty healthy. When I started the diet, I was eating fruit, nuts, and some greek yogurt (or sometimes casein protein shakes) throughout the course of the day before my main feast. Never more than 3 times, and never more than 300 calories each time. However, after getting used to the diet, I now only eat 3 brazil nuts in the morning (mostly for the health benefits), and then nothing more than 1 oz of almonds until my "feast" begins at 6:30. I workout around 4:30 each day, and my routine looks like this:

Monday (Horizontal Pushing and Pulling)
    - Bench Press – 3 sets of 6 reps with heavy weight, 2 sets of 8 with lighter weight, 1 set of 12 with lighter weight
    - Rows – 3 sets of 6 with heavy weight, 2 sets of 8 with lighter weight, 1 set of 12 with lighter weight
    - Slight incline dumbbell press – 3 sets of 8
    - Seated cable rows – 3 sets of 8

Tuesday (Quad Dominant + hamstrings and abs)
    - Squats – 3 sets of 8 with moderate weight, 2 sets of 6 with heavy weight
    - Abs
    - Leg press – 3 sets of 8 with heavy weight
    - Hamstring curls – 3 sets of 8

Wednesday (Vertical Pushing and Pulling)
    - Military Press – 3 sets of 6 with heavy weight, 2 sets of 8 with lighter weight, 1 set of 12 with lighter weight
    - Weighted chin ups – 3 sets of 6 with heavy weight, 2 sets of 8 with lighter weight, 2 sets of 10 with body weight
    - Dips – 3 sets of 10 weighted dips
    - Upright rows – 3 sets of 8 with moderate-heavy weight

Thursday – Cardio/Abs
    - 20 minutes interval training on stairmaster
    - Abs

Friday – Off

Saturday (Full Body)
    - Incline bench press – 3 sets of 6 with heavy weight
    - Deadlifts – 3 sets of 5 with heavy weight
    - Weight pull-ups – 3 sets of 6 with heavy weight
    - Military Press – 3 sets of 6 with heavy weight
    - Rows – 3 sets of 6 with heavy weight

Sunday – Off

PWO I have been making pretty massive protein shakes (almond milk, 2 bananas, organic cherry juice, 1 or 1.5 scoops protein powder, frozen fruit, heaping scoop of PB). After that, I typically just heat up frozen veggies, and eat a lot of meat (mostly steak, pork, ground beef, ground turkey), beans, and potatoes. After my first meal, I wait a bit, and if I'm still hungry I eat 6 or more scrambled eggs, almonds, fruit, and maybe even more PB. I also eat popcorn almost every other night.

low_clazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) low_clazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) low_clazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) low_clazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) low_clazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) low_clazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) low_clazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) low_clazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) low_clazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) low_clazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) low_clazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks! I have been eating pretty healthy. When I started the diet, I was eating fruit, nuts, and some greek yogurt (or sometimes casein protein shakes) throughout the course of the day before my main feast. Never more than 3 times, and never more than 300 calories each time. However, after getting used to the diet, I now only eat 3 brazil nuts in the morning (mostly for the health benefits), and then nothing more than 1 oz of almonds until my "feast" begins at 6:30. I workout around 4:30 each day, and my routine looks like this:

Monday (Horizontal Pushing and Pulling)
    - Bench Press – 3 sets of 6 reps with heavy weight, 2 sets of 8 with lighter weight, 1 set of 12 with lighter weight
    - Rows – 3 sets of 6 with heavy weight, 2 sets of 8 with lighter weight, 1 set of 12 with lighter weight
    - Slight incline dumbbell press – 3 sets of 8
    - Seated cable rows – 3 sets of 8

Tuesday (Quad Dominant + hamstrings and abs)
    - Squats – 3 sets of 8 with moderate weight, 2 sets of 6 with heavy weight
    - Abs
    - Hamstring curls – 3 sets of 8

Wednesday (Vertical Pushing and Pulling)
    - Military Press – 3 sets of 6 with heavy weight, 2 sets of 8 with lighter weight, 1 set of 12 with lighter weight
    - Weighted chin ups – 3 sets of 6 with heavy weight, 2 sets of 8 with lighter weight, 2 sets of 10 with body weight
    - Dips – 3 sets of 10 weighted dips
    - Upright rows – 3 sets of 8 with moderate-heavy weight

Thursday – Cardio/Abs
    - 20 minutes interval training on stairmaster
    - Abs

Friday – Off

Saturday (Full Body)
    - Incline bench press – 3 sets of 6 with heavy weight
    - Deadlifts – 3 sets of 5 with heavy weight
    - Weight pull-ups – 3 sets of 6 with heavy weight
    - Military Press – 3 sets of 6 with heavy weight
    - Rows – 3 sets of 6 with heavy weight

Sunday – Off

PWO I have been making pretty massive protein shakes (almond milk, 2 bananas, organic cherry juice, 1 or 1.5 scoops protein powder, frozen fruit, heaping scoop of PB). After that, I typically just heat up frozen veggies, and eat a lot of meat (mostly steak, pork, ground beef, ground turkey), beans, and potatoes. After my first meal, I wait a bit, and if I'm still hungry I eat 6 or more scrambled eggs, almonds, fruit, and maybe even more PB. I also eat popcorn almost every other night.
    awesome job. I too snack on about an ounce of almonds during the day and either an apple or banana along with it. I feel I've lost a bit of muscle along with fat myself. however, that's most likely due to my training. I don't lift, mainly bjj and bodyweight circuits. probably need to start hit the iron instead of the circuits. thanks to the warrior diet, I've gone from about 240lbs to 200lbs.

awesome job. I too snack on about an ounce of almonds during the day and either an apple or banana along with it. I feel I've lost a bit of muscle along with fat myself. however, that's most likely due to my training. I don't lift, mainly bjj and bodyweight circuits. probably need to start hit the iron instead of the circuits. thanks to the warrior diet, I've gone from about 240lbs to 200lbs.
    Wow! That's awesome. How long did it take you to lose that much weight?

For me, that is probably the most difficult thing about the Warrior Diet. I don't really want to lose anymore weight, so I actually have started to count calories every now and then to make sure I am eating ENOUGH (around 2500+ calories). Some days it is difficult to get all those calories in during such a small window. But, my strength has steadily (but slowly) increased since starting the diet.

Wow! That's awesome. How long did it take you to lose that much weight?

For me, that is probably the most difficult thing about the Warrior Diet. I don't really want to lose anymore weight, so I actually have started to count calories every now and then to make sure I am eating ENOUGH (around 2500+ calories). Some days it is difficult to get all those calories in during such a small window. But, my strength has steadily (but slowly) increased since starting the diet.
    the 40lb loss took a year, it didn't come off quick as I never count calories.
    I routinely eat huge meals so I'm sure I was over eating many times. I feel stronger than ever but haven't lifted weights in two years so no real guide to justify that. however, strength-endurance has improved greatly as I can do one legged squats and pushups are a breeze. time to add some more resistance and start building muscle. I'm going to add lean protein to my lunch and increase my calories by adding beans and potatoes to my dinners and maybe start eating dessert more often after my largest meal. dessert will probably be restricted to almond milk and a chocolate protein blend shake right before bed. I'm not into a lot of high sugar foods anymore so they will still be reserved for once a week, if at all.

the 40lb loss took a year, it didn't come off quick as I never count calories.
    I routinely eat huge meals so I'm sure I was over eating many times. I feel stronger than ever but haven't lifted weights in two years so no real guide to justify that. however, strength-endurance has improved greatly as I can do one legged squats and pushups are a breeze. time to add some more resistance and start building muscle. I'm going to add lean protein to my lunch and increase my calories by adding beans and potatoes to my dinners and maybe start eating dessert more often after my largest meal. dessert will probably be restricted to almond milk and a chocolate protein blend shake right before bed. I'm not into a lot of high sugar foods anymore so they will still be reserved for once a week, if at all.
    I'd say 40 pounds in a year is pretty dang good. I'd take steady, gradual weight loss any day, over sudden weight loss that is likely to come right back on.

I am the same way. I have very little interest in sweets these days. That is one of my other favorite aspects of the WD, that I rarely have any cravings for sugary foods. If I ever do, my go-to is kiwi fruit.