Tbouch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tbouch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tbouch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tbouch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tbouch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tbouch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tbouch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tbouch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tbouch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tbouch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tbouch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Best way to increase bench press

Bench press has always been one of my best lifts. My max is currently 405, but I can't get my bench any heavier. I know mixing up reps and sets can help, also switching up workouts helps also. I've done all that and I can't get over the 405 lift. I've looked online and asked for opinions and everyone pretty much says to do what I stated before. Any other suggestions on what I can do to get past 405?
    My best workout is my next one.

E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    heres a link to a few strength program calculators

http://www.joeskopec.com/programs.html

ive found using the 6 week russian squat peaking cycle for bench to work well

also switching to a elbows tucked, and back arched powerlifting style form helped a ton

Tbouch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tbouch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tbouch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tbouch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tbouch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tbouch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tbouch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tbouch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tbouch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tbouch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tbouch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Ill definitely give that a shot, seems like a really good program. Thanks man!

Registered User TheCaptainPower's Avatar
    TheCaptainPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCaptainPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCaptainPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCaptainPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCaptainPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCaptainPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCaptainPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCaptainPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCaptainPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCaptainPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCaptainPower is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I was about to give you some advice, but then I saw your 405 beat my best of 350....

Good luck!
    Captain Power

The Captain Power's Underground training site

http://thecaptainpower.blogspot.com

AUTHOR: "Work out, lose weight, and stop being single" available on amazon.com $2.99 on kindle!

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Tbouch View Post
    Bench press has always been one of my best lifts. My max is currently 405, but I can't get my bench any heavier. I know mixing up reps and sets can help, also switching up workouts helps also. I've done all that and I can't get over the 405 lift. I've looked online and asked for opinions and everyone pretty much says to do what I stated before. Any other suggestions on what I can do to get past 405?
    Yes. Add a nickel to each end of the bar and start working with 415.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you haven't been already, start working your sticking points with Westside style training. But if you're at 405, I doubt many people will be able to tell you something you haven't already tried.

Originally Posted by DetMatthews View Post
    If you haven't been already, start working your sticking points with Westside style training. But if you're at 405, I doubt many people will be able to tell you something you haven't already tried.
    What do you mean west side style training? I've never heard of it before.

Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    x2 on the westside powerlifting. Read up on it. Basically, it shall consist of a heavy day and a speed day.

Work on: your lats, board presses, heavy shoulder work, and pausing your reps and exploding up.
    If life gives you AIDS, make lemonAIDS

ISSA Certified CFT

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Tbouch View Post
    What do you mean west side style training? I've never heard of it before.
    Exactly what did you do to get to a 405 Bench in the first place, OP?
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Exactly what did you do to get to a 405 Bench in the first place, OP?
    I've been lifting since high school for football. I've always had a big chest and bench was always my strongest lift. On my bench days I usually do minimum 5 sets of bench or as much as 7 on max days. I like to do incline bench also to strengthen my upper chest, that helps flat bench a lot.

Originally Posted by Richie_Awesome View Post
    x2 on the westside powerlifting. Read up on it. Basically, it shall consist of a heavy day and a speed day.

Work on: your lats, board presses, heavy shoulder work, and pausing your reps and exploding up.
    Ill definitely give that a shot though. I'm willing to try different training methods for sure.