Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by chuckles_345 View Post
    I tend to respond a lot faster than most guys can. I worked my macros to 200gP, 400-450gC, 70-75gF and cardio done to none by 8 weeks post show. I've since had to slowly increase food as I've stalled gaining weight. Currently I'm at 200gP, 440-490gC, 75-80gF and still no cardio. The best part is I'm only ~10lbs over stage weight and actually hitting all time prs. Hoping to work my food even higher before all is said and done.
    I've been following your posts on your strength gains, sounds like you are tearing it up man. You've definitely put in some disciplined, hard work this offseason man. And you still have a year till 2014! You're definitely going to bring your best to the pro stage.
    Follow my journey to the 2016 Spartan Beast: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvoih36zyNmXAbIQ_MaBsHw

Bodybuilder and Obstacle Course Racer

For Interviews and Tips from Elite OCR Athletes, check out: www.spartanbuddy.com

Absolutely anything is possible through Jesus Christ

NGA Pro Bodybuilder chuckles_345's Avatar
    chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by TIUjoe View Post
    I've been following your posts on your strength gains, sounds like you are tearing it up man. You've definitely put in some disciplined, hard work this offseason man. And you still have a year till 2014! You're definitely going to bring your best to the pro stage.
    Just trying to keep up with young guys like you my man!
    Peter Fitschen M.S., PhD Candidate in Nutritional Science
    NGA Natural Pro Bodybuilder
    Fitbody and Physique LLC
    fitbodyphysique.com

TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by chuckles_345 View Post
    Just trying to keep up with young guys like you my man!
    hey hey hey now...you're the pro ;p
    Follow my journey to the 2016 Spartan Beast: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvoih36zyNmXAbIQ_MaBsHw

For Interviews and Tips from Elite OCR Athletes, check out: www.spartanbuddy.com

Today's workout:
    weight: 173

Squat: 220x5; 255x5; 290x13
    laying hamstring curl; 55x12x4; 55x8+rest pausex4
    Hack Squat: 3+1/4 on each sidex12x4; 3+1/4 each sidex13x1
    Quad Ext: 110x20; 110x13xrest pausex4;90x20+10 quarter reps
    glute press 110x10x1 per leg

thank goodness deload is over was going a little insane haha

Today's workout was:
    Flat bench: 190x5; 220x5; 250x13
    Barbell Incline Press 185x12x3; 185x9 +rest pause x3
    Weighted Dips BW + 55 x 12; BW +55 x10x2; BW+45 x 8+Rest Pausex2
    Weighted Pull-ups BW+15x10x4; BW+15x7+rest pausex2

Meals thus far:
    Breakfast (pre workout): 2 servings fiber cereal, kale, frozen berries, skim milk, 5 egg whites and a protein shake
    post workout: 2 low fat granolla bars, 6oz chicken breast, amino acids, 2 slices whole grain bread
    lunch: sludge and protein pancakes

seeing how I do at 2,650 cals this week...fingers crosses....hopefully not bad at all!

Occlusion killed me the past couple of days! Yesterday was an arm workout, did 1 set of occlusion for both bi's and tri's and then 6 more working sets for each part. Today I had lower body which included

Deadlifts (from floor) -my right lower back/hip felt pretty okay today so I decided to try from the floor instead of the rack like I've been doing. Foam rolling and stretching daily is probably helping out with this. Hopefully I can start feeling a lot better and improve my deadlift game. Have always had setbacks in the deads department.
    220x5;255x5;290x14
    glute ham raises; bwx10x3
    seated hamstring curls; 110x12x1; 110x12x1+RPx3
    Walking DB lunges; 65x10steps/legx3
    occluded leg extensions; death
    calves

great workout this morning, time to eat and grow these legs. I want them to be freaking massive onstage, jaw dropping. I'm visualizing them how I want to see them onstage and praying that God will blow my own expectations away.

triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Bench 250x13...u crazy!

How's the 2650 cals/day treatin you? I'm at 2600, have been for several weeks now. My bodyweight is already in the upper 170s though haha....

Originally Posted by triplewhammy View Post
    Bench 250x13...u crazy!

How's the 2650 cals/day treatin you? I'm at 2600, have been for several weeks now. My bodyweight is already in the upper 170s though haha....
    Haha I've seen your vids benching man, you're putting up bigger #'s than that! My strength is finally starting to head in the right direction-hormones are back to normal for the most part. Eh, the 2,650 is alright, I'm sitting around 173-174 with it right now. My weight is up too, but I'm still very lean...not contest lean, but you get the picture haha. My offseason weight may be a little heavier than I initially intended ;p. You gonna shoot for that 230? haha

triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Haha I've seen your vids benching man, you're putting up bigger #'s than that! My strength is finally starting to head in the right direction-hormones are back to normal for the most part. Eh, the 2,650 is alright, I'm sitting around 173-174 with it right now. My weight is up too, but I'm still very lean...not contest lean, but you get the picture haha. My offseason weight may be a little heavier than I initially intended ;p. You gonna shoot for that 230? haha
    Haha well let's not forget I was clinically obese when I hit 365 on bench Right now I'm about 177 but only good for 225x9. I don't plan on getting that heavy again, honestly the only way I would is if I was hitting consistent PRs and showed no signs of slowing down LOL... Other than that, 220 was just downright ugly! And I most certainly will not start contest prep that far off of stage weight...bleh. By this time 2 years ago I was already up in the high 180s after competing at the Midwest States, so definitely set up for success this time around. What is your highest offseason weight?

Haha well let's not forget I was clinically obese when I hit 365 on bench Right now I'm about 177 but only good for 225x9. I don't plan on getting that heavy again, honestly the only way I would is if I was hitting consistent PRs and showed no signs of slowing down LOL... Other than that, 220 was just downright ugly! And I most certainly will not start contest prep that far off of stage weight...bleh. By this time 2 years ago I was already up in the high 180s after competing at the Midwest States, so definitely set up for success this time around. What is your highest offseason weight?
    That's awesome man, making progress each year. My heaviest offseason weight was 215 which is what I weighed in February of last year, started cutting in Feb and 1 then once I got down to 181 decided to hire Layne. But I basically spent an entire year, not growing...simply maintaining...that's no way to spend a whole year! haha. I learned my lesson.

That's awesome man, making progress each year. My heaviest offseason weight was 215 which is what I weighed in February of last year, started cutting in Feb and 1 then once I got down to 181 decided to hire Layne. But I basically spent an entire year, not growing...simply maintaining...that's no way to spend a whole year! haha. I learned my lesson.
    Ugh yeah I hear you...I really have a hard time not gaining or losing 1-2 lbs per week. I feel like I should be headed in one direction or the other, don't want to just spin my wheels.

Ugh yeah I hear you...I really have a hard time not gaining or losing 1-2 lbs per week. I feel like I should be headed in one direction or the other, don't want to just spin my wheels.
    We apply what we learn from experiences to come back next contest season with a more impressive physique

Been really busy lately with a few projects, here is my workout for today

OHP 105x5;115;5;130x13
    T-Bar Rows 150x12x4; 150x8+RP 100x5
    Underhand Pulldown 150x10x2; 150x8 +RP 120x5
    DB Incline Press 85x10x5

All my lifts are improving one way or another so I am pretty excited about that. Will continue progressively overloading something I was not tracking during my last off-season. I am definitely feeling the benefits

Hey guys! My little brother is 17 and is doing the $50,000 bodyspace 12 week challenge! Please stop by his bodyspace and give him some support and encouragement please. I'm very proud of him and his 12 week commitment.

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/mattlo2/

My leg day today was:
    Squat:
    240x3
    270x3
    305x10
    Laying hamstring curl: 60x10x3; 60x6x1+rp x3
    Quad Ext: 150x12x2; 155x10x1; 155x8 + 90x3 (super slow)
    Hack Squat: 8 platesx10x2; 8platesx10+rest pause x2
    Abduction; 110x12;110x10

For the next week I'm not going to have any re-feed days for 2 reasons 1) I want to see where staying at 2,800 cals will do for my body weight so I can get a better idea of where my caloric surplus will be to start my gaining phase. 2) I'm not controlling my re-feeds as much as I need to be. So this week my macros will be around: 70F 320C 225P. My re-feeds thus far have only been on lower body days and I can tell it's working well for my legs. But I want EVERYTHING to be growing from a slight surplus each day, not just re-feeds on leg days. This will help me have a better idea for my gameplan. It's been just over 9 weeks from my last contest.

Today's workout:
    Flat Bench: 205x3; 235x3; 265x11
    Barbell Incline Press: 195x10x2; 195x9; 195x8 + rest pause x2
    Weighted Dips: BW + 55 x12x4; BW + 55x10 + rest pause x2
    Weighted Pull-ups (need to step it up here) BW + 20 x10x3
    Cybex Pull-down 160x12; 160x10 + RP 120x4 (incredible mmc on this machine, great squeeze at the bottom, very smooth movement)

265x11? u dirty dog!

265x11? u dirty dog!
    must be the BBQ pringles and cottage cheese I had last night haha strengths coming back!

must be the BBQ pringles and cottage cheese I had last night haha strengths coming back!
    haha so sick!

Weighed in at 175.5 this a.m. we will see where I'm at by the end of the week with the 2,800 cals, no re-feeds. Did some HIIT, calves, and abs this a.m.

curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Doing good work in here! Great work controlling yourself after the contest, gives me hope that l be able to do the same once mine finally comes.
    TEAM DEMON
    Follow my Journey here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=

Twin brother competing in men's physique

Deadlift (from floor instead of rack...low back/glute has been feeling better with foam rolling and stretching)
    240x3;270x3;305x14
    Glute-ham raises bwx10x4
    DB walking lunges 65x10 steps (per leg)x4
    Quad Ext. 160x10x5

BTW My twin brother will be competing in men's physique in 2014! I know he's got what it takes, what do you guys think?

Originally Posted by curjo View Post
    Doing good work in here! Great work controlling yourself after the contest, gives me hope that l be able to do the same once mine finally comes.
    Appreciate that man! When is your contest?

Here are the workouts for the last 2 days:

Monday:
    Squat: 255x5; 290x3; 325x6
    laying hamstring curl: 60x10x4; 60x10x8+Rest pausex3
    Quad Ext. 160x12x4; 160x8+160x10 (quarter reps)
    Hack Squat: 8 platesx10x4
    Single Leg quad ext (hammer strength) 45x12x2
    Abduction 120x12x1

Tuesday:
    Flat Bench 220x5; 250x3; 280x9 (I may have had 1 more in the tank, should've went for it)
    Barbell Incline Press 195x10x4; 195x10 + rest pause 135x8
    Weighted Dip Bw+60x12; BW+60x10x2;BWx60x11+Rest pause x4
    Weighted Pull-ups BW+20x10x3; BWx8x1
    Cybex Pulldown 170x8x1; 160x8x1

Calories have been 3,000. around 240g protein, between 20-30% of my daily calories in fat and the rest are carbs. Finally starting to feel normal again

Here are the workouts for the last 2 days:

Monday:
    Squat: 255x5; 290x3; 325x6
    laying hamstring curl: 60x10x4; 60x10x8+Rest pausex3
    Quad Ext. 160x12x4; 160x8+160x10 (quarter reps)
    Hack Squat: 8 platesx10x4
    Single Leg quad ext (hammer strength) 45x12x2
    Abduction 120x12x1

Tuesday:
    Flat Bench 220x5; 250x3; 280x9 (I may have had 1 more in the tank, should've went for it)
    Barbell Incline Press 195x10x4; 195x10 + rest pause 135x8
    Weighted Dip Bw+60x12; BW+60x10x2;BWx60x11+Rest pause x4
    Weighted Pull-ups BW+20x10x3; BWx8x1
    Cybex Pulldown 170x8x1; 160x8x1

Calories have been 3,000. around 240g protein, between 20-30% of my daily calories in fat and the rest are carbs. Finally starting to feel normal again
    Weren't you just at 2800 cals/day? Bumpin it up again I see...very nice, well-played I'm stickin with 2600 4 days a week plus 3 days of cheating hehe....

Weren't you just at 2800 cals/day? Bumpin it up again I see...very nice, well-played I'm stickin with 2600 4 days a week plus 3 days of cheating hehe....
    haha yea man. Putting myself on a slight caloric surplus on all days...or at least trying. It's only day 4 on 3,000 so we will see. weight has stayed in the 178 range. I'll do a cheat meal every week though. My friends and brother have always made it a big event when we can go out for a cheat meal haha. Those 3 days sound a lot better though...haha

haha yea man. Putting myself on a slight caloric surplus on all days...or at least trying. It's only day 4 on 3,000 so we will see. weight has stayed in the 178 range. I'll do a cheat meal every week though. My friends and brother have always made it a big event when we can go out for a cheat meal haha. Those 3 days sound a lot better though...haha
    Yeah it's a trade-off for me. I'm pretty much starving come bed time when I'm at 2600 cals. But those cheat days make it all worth it...*sigh*....LOL!