Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Faith and Free Weights: Journey to the Center of the Stage

Hey fellow brothers and sisters in iron! Before I introduce myself I want to say thanks for stopping in and getting a glimpse of my training, nutrition, goals, etc. My name is Joe LoGalbo, I am a natural competitive bodybuilder and I am training to become the next pro-natural bodybuilder (hence the name, journey to the center of the stage). My goal for next competition season is to be the competitor in the center of the stage with his hand raised. I recently competed in my first bodybuilding competition November 17, 2012 in which I won the novice class as well as the men's open medium height class. I missed the pro-card in the overall to a very deserving athlete in Mackey Gareno (sorry Mackey if I butchered the spelling). Aaron Lobliner was putting up a fight in the overall as well, also a great competitor. I Attached a picture of the overall below in this thread. Right now I am 6 weeks into my reverse diet, some blips along the way, but so far it hasn't been too shabby.

Right now I am using Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 program to work on my strength (it'll be nice once my hormones are back to normal as that will help greatly). This offseason's goals are to become stronger (obviously), but I will have some more resistance specific goals after I start feeling normal again. I don't think that one simply saying, "I want to become stronger" provides enough "umf" for training and is a weak resolution for yourself. Set specific goals and go after them. I'll get in-depth on my nutrition and lifestyle-as well as my faith (as that is a HUGE part of my journey), but in no way am I looking to force my faith in Christ on anyone. Similar to how Kai Greene (Mr. O 2013!-also pulling for Jay Cutler, love his no quit attitude) shares his philosophies and beliefs of the power of the mind, I would like to have the freedom to do so without being accussed of "Bible thumping" anyone.

I'm excited to see where this offseason takes me. I am definitely eating to stay lean...I'll post some "fat" pictures of me when I let myself get out of hand last "bulking"....more like "fulking" season. But I'm here to take you guys along the good, the bad, and the ugly in my offseason protocol and eventually my contest prep for pro status!

Let's start things of right, eh?

12/31/12 169.5 (still a little high from my christmas eve/day binge)
    current macros on normal days: ~63f ~260c ~205p
    macros on re-feed days (2x a week on leg days): ~58f ~400c (but can get up to 800c) ~205p

Supplements:
    -Multi-vitamin
    -fish oil
    -vitamin D
    -green tea extract
    -ON 100% gold standard whey/casein
    -arginine
    -beta alanine
    -L-carnitine
    -ON Amino Energy

Legs (Wendler 5/3/1):

*Back Squat (ATG, always assume ATG b/c there is no other way to squat!): 240x5; 280x3; 315x4 (dropped on 5th)

*Laying Hamstring Curls 60x12; 60x12; 60x10; 60x7 + 4 (after rest pause)

*Quad Extensions 140x12; 140x12; 140x12; 140x12; 140x13 + 4 (after rest pause) + 10 (quarter reps)

*Hack Squat 320x12; 320x12; 320x12; 320x12; 320x10 + 2 (after rest pause)

*calves

Today's meals so far:

MEAL 1 (Pre-Workout):
    5 egg whites, 1/2 cup oats, tbsp sugar free grape jelly, whey/casein shake, 2 slices wheat bread, and "I can't believe it's not butter" spray (mmmmm)

MEAL 2 (Post Workout):
    12' Footlong (wheat bread, chicken breast, veggies), banana, whey/casein shake, 2 pop-tarts

Don't plan on getting too crazy on food tonight for new years, but I'm saving some carbs for later just incase. I don't want to go too crazy on my macro's today (re-feed days seem to be the hardest days for me to maintain self-control)...I do sense a super dark chocolate bar in my near future

Hope you all have a great new year celebration and good luck with all the goals (physical, spiritual, relational) that you set for yourself this upcoming year! may 2013 be blessed!

Joe
    Attached Images
    Last edited by TIUjoe; 12-31-2012 at 12:42 PM.

TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Happy new year! Hope everyone had a nice new year and enjoyed time with friends and family. I know I did. Started off the morning with 5/3/1 bench press and some other accessory lifts. Here it is.

Wendler 5/3/1 Flat Bench

Barbell Flat Bench Press: 215x5; 245x3; 275x6
    Barbell Incline Press: 185x10x4; 185x11 + 2 negatives (on the negatives I had my brother push down on the bar to increase the eccentric load).
    Weighted Dips: BW+55x10x4; BW+55x10+3(after rest pause)
    Weighted Underhand Pull-ups: BW+15x10x3; BW+15x7+3(after rest pause); BWx10

Overall, workout took around 45min-1hr. Had a good amount of energy from all the food last night.

started off the morning with my pre-workout meal of 4 egg whites, 3 slices wheat bread, frozen berries, kale, and a serving of ON banana flavored whey.
    after my workout I had 80g of banana, banana protein pancakes, and a slice of wheat bread. Here is the recipe for the protein pancakes if you're at all interested:

Banana protein pancakes:

1 serving banana whey protein
    3 egg whites
    1 cup oats
    3 spoonfulls splenda
    1.5 Tbsp baking powder
    cinnamon
    and a little bit of water

made about 6 medium sized pancakes.

rest of the day will consist of some sludge, salmon, veggies, frozen fruit, and a protein bar or two, I may hop on later and post what I had for the rest of the day. Enjoy the 1st day of 2k13 and go after your goals!
    Follow my journey to the 2016 Spartan Beast: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvoih36zyNmXAbIQ_MaBsHw

Bodybuilder and Obstacle Course Racer

For Interviews and Tips from Elite OCR Athletes, check out: www.spartanbuddy.com

Absolutely anything is possible through Jesus Christ

Finished off the rest of the day with a few meals:

meal 3: 3oz salmon, supreme protein bar, 1 serving of peanut butter

meal 4: chicken, salmon, celery, kale, frozen fruit

snacked on an orange pepper a little bit ago, about to get some rest. I'll be doing some form of cardio tomorrow.
    Follow my journey to the 2016 Spartan Beast: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvoih36zyNmXAbIQ_MaBsHw

For Interviews and Tips from Elite OCR Athletes, check out: www.spartanbuddy.com

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I saw some footage from the overall posedown on Marc Lobliner's Youtube channel. You have a sick physique and no doubt a Pro Card is in your future as well as success beyond that.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In for this! CRAZY physique man!
    advertising not permitted

Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    I saw some footage from the overall posedown on Marc Lobliner's Youtube channel. You have a sick physique and no doubt a Pro Card is in your future as well as success beyond that.
    Thanks Paul! That's quite a compliment coming from a guy like yourself, I really appreciate it. Congrats on your success on the pro stage this past contest season. I've been following your channel on youtube, really great vids and I'm looking foward to more videos on Dan's prep. Are you still reverse dieting or are you into your off season?

Originally Posted by NaturalPursuit View Post
    In for this! CRAZY physique man!
    Hey thanks a lot my man! Checked out your website the other day. Very cool stuff!

Just had my pre-workout meal which consisted of cinnamon pumkin pancakes (3 egg whites, 1 cup oats, 3 spoonfulls splenda, cinnamon, pumking spice) and 7 egg whites. Bout to make my pre-workout cocktail and I'm off for some HIIT and some calf work. Hope everyone is just as motivated on the 2nd as they were on the 1st!

post workout meal after HIIT and calves

BCAA's
    1 serving Trader Joe's Strawberry Yogurt O's (You'll see a WHOLE lot of TJ products following this log, love that place)
    1/2 serving whey protein mixed with 1/2 serving PB2
    1 pita with 1/2 serving light chipotle mayo and 2 servings canned chicken (need to cook the good stuff tonight)

macros for the meal: 8f 72c 50p

Still have those nights where I am waking up hungry and having trouble falling back asleep. So I'm up at 3am sipping on a diet rootbeer (no caffeine) and catching up on some ESPN. I may just stay up till the gym opens at 5 and get an early arms session in today. I added an arm day into my 5/3/1 routine. My week looks similar to this:

Mon: 5/3/1 Squat + Lower Accessory
    Tue: 5/3/1 Barbell Bench + Upper Accessory
    Wed: 0ff or HIIT
    Thur: Arms
    Fri: 5/3/1 Rack Deadlift + Lower Accessory
    Sat: 5/3/1 Overhead Press + Upper Accessory
    Sun: Off or HIIT

Weighed 172 at 3am, was 169 at 8am yesterday so I'm sure I'm around the same if I was to sleep through the night. Once I get up to 50 posts I'll start posting some viewable pictures on here for you guys. I could have done a better job reverse dieting thus far as I'm about 10lbs over stage weight from November, but the glutes, chest, and triceps are still striated so I'm not going to stress about it too much. My main priority is to build my metabolism back up without losing control, eating like a mad man, and putting on a bunch of bodyfat in the process. But I feel a little more normal each week. Right now my macros are 63f 260c 205p-roughly 2,400 calories. Hoping to up my carbs to around 280 next week but we will see what the scale tells me

curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Just checking in, looks like everything is going good for you besides the sleep! Don't feel too bad though, my day starts at 2:45am everyday. I'm not too far from you either, I work in spring grove, il. Keep up the good work!
    TEAM DEMON
    Follow my Journey here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=

Originally Posted by curjo View Post
    Just checking in, looks like everything is going good for you besides the sleep! Don't feel too bad though, my day starts at 2:45am everyday. I'm not too far from you either, I work in spring grove, il. Keep up the good work!
    You too my man! How's your cut going?

Reverse Dieting PICS

2 weeks post contest

3 weeks post contest

4 weeks post contest

6 weeks post contest (ughh the holiday treats haha)

Here's an arm workout from a video for my business. Check it out! Hope you enjoy

what's up 3am? Weighed in at 170.3, so I see it's probably time to up my carbs again now to around 280...we will see. Today is a re-feed day (usually the day when i have less self control eating wise). I may just go into the gym early today since I am awake. We will see in a half hour if I am still feeling awake enough to have my pre-workout meal. Right now I am snacking on a "stuffed" red bell pepper with canned chicken, mustard, hot sauce, pepper, and garlic powder. I made it yesterday and loved it so I'm back for more this morning.

Workout for today:

5/3/1 Rack Deadlift
    Glute-Ham Raises
    Walking Lunges
    Quad Extensions
    possibly some front squats or seated hamstring curls thrown in there as well

triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You know I'm in on this!

Originally Posted by triplewhammy View Post
    You know I'm in on this!

Glad to have you in Josh! Good times right here v

Breakfast (pre-workout):
    5 egg whites, 1/2 cup oats, 1 slice fiber wheat bread, kale, frozen berries, and a serving of banana flavored whey. Put some grape jelly in the oats and some "I can't believe it's not butter" on my bread. About to go hit some upper body. On the menu for today:

5/3/1 Overhead Press
    T-Bar Row
    Underhand Pulldowns
    DB Incline Press
    a set of cable flys

Yesterday was a great leg day and re-feed day. Went to one of my favorite food places-pita inn. Haven't been there since the day after my show. Looking foward to some football tonight and tomorrow. I'm not the biggest Ravens fan but I'm definitely a Ray Lewis fan. He's retiring after this year, so I'll be pulling for them in the playoffs this year (because the Bears clearly blow it as the season closes and let's face it...Chiefs weren't getting in this year....#1 draft pick baby!)

Which bodyspace members have "their" team in the playoffs this year??

Great workout today

5/3/1 OHP 110x5; 125x3; 140x8
    t-bar rows 150x12x3; 150x10+(100x4 on drop)
    underhand pull-downs 142.5x10x3
    single-arm pull-down 45x10 (first time doing this, great stretch and mmc on the lats)
    DB incline press 85x12x2; 85x10 + drop set 50x7
    Pec Fly Machine 110x16 + rest pause 110x4

progressively overloading on each exercise

Post workout meal:
    amino acids
    1 serving trader Joe's strawberry yogurt O's
    1 pita
    4 oz chicken tenderloins
    1/2 cup oats
    tbsp grape jelly
    1/2 scoop casein, 1/2 scoop whey

I'm contemplating deloading next week. I'm following Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 program. The "branier" and more structured side of me wants to deload but the "meatier" side of me wants to wait till after the next cycle to deload. Suggestions? Has anyone else deloaded every 2 cycles?

7 weeks post contest-update

deload today and some HIIT!

I posted a new video up on my YouTube channel of a protein pancake recipe and a delicious and healthy cottage cheese omega breakfast for those in a rush. Great for bodybuilders and athletes! Try it out and let me know what you guys think! Should have a french toast recipe coming soon for you guys!

Emekaokammor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emekaokammor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emekaokammor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emekaokammor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emekaokammor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emekaokammor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emekaokammor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emekaokammor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emekaokammor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emekaokammor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emekaokammor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Awesome log! Had me at the title!
    Emeka "The MenAce" Okammor - All American EFX Rep

Phil. 4:13

********: www.********.com/AllAmericanEFX
    Twitter: @AllAmericanEFX
    Instagram: @AAEFX
    http://www.aaefx.com

My comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of All American EFX and they are my own.

Originally Posted by Emekaokammor View Post
    Awesome log! Had me at the title!
    We can do all things through Christ brotha!

Did some arms today with my friend Johnny. He will be competing in May, right now I am doing his prep.

Here's my diet for today thus far

breakfast (pre-workout)
    kale, frozen berries, protein pancakes, egg whites, 125g cottage cheese, and my pre-workout cocktail.

Post-workout
    amino acids, 1.5 serving whey protein, 1/2 cup oats, 1 serving grape jelly, 1 serving PB2, 125g cottage cheese, 45g figs

snacked on a red pepper a few hours later

Meal 3
    2/3 cup light buffalo chicken dip w/ 200g celery (this stuff is delicious! low carb, may make a video of it)
    sludge (1 serving casein, 40g peanut butter)
    8oz sweet potato, 14g extra virgin coconut oil with cinnamon on top.

Still have about 50c, 3f, and 50 protein left for the rest of the night

NGA Pro Bodybuilder chuckles_345's Avatar
    chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Looks like you are absolutely crushing it. I took a similar approach with training coming out of my contest prep and it worked well. Keep it up! I'll be following!
    Peter Fitschen M.S., PhD Candidate in Nutritional Science
    NGA Natural Pro Bodybuilder
    Fitbody and Physique LLC
    fitbodyphysique.com

Originally Posted by chuckles_345 View Post
    Looks like you are absolutely crushing it. I took a similar approach with training coming out of my contest prep and it worked well. Keep it up! I'll be following!
    Thanks Peter! Appreciate it my man. BTW I try to avoid your log when I get hungry...so many pictures of food! haha

triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TIUjoe View Post
    We can do all things through Christ brotha!
    This.

chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks Peter! Appreciate it my man. BTW I try to avoid your log when I get hungry...so many pictures of food! haha
    Haha sorry about that, but I'm telling you if you nail your reverse like I did, you will be eating a ton of food before you know it and still be lean.
    Fitbody and Physique LLC
    fitbodyphysique.com

Originally Posted by chuckles_345 View Post
    Haha sorry about that, but I'm telling you if you nail your reverse like I did, you will be eating a ton of food before you know it and still be lean.
    How long did you reverse diet for?

How long did you reverse diet for?
    I tend to respond a lot faster than most guys can. I worked my macros to 200gP, 400-450gC, 70-75gF and cardio done to none by 8 weeks post show. I've since had to slowly increase food as I've stalled gaining weight. Currently I'm at 200gP, 440-490gC, 75-80gF and still no cardio. The best part is I'm only ~10lbs over stage weight and actually hitting all time prs. Hoping to work my food even higher before all is said and done.
    Fitbody and Physique LLC
    fitbodyphysique.com