Has Muscle Dysmorphia!!!! jonnyb's Avatar
    jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My mom wants to lose some weight, not sure what to tell her

My mom is in decent shape. She's not fat but her arms are getting more flab on them as time goes on.

There's no way she'll do more then 20minutes of working out a day, she doesn't want to get muscle, just wants the fat to go away. What excersises should i get her to do?

derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Re: My mom wants to lose some weight, not sure what to tell her

Originally posted by jonnyb
    My mom is in decent shape. She's not fat but her arms are getting more flab on them as time goes on.

There's no way she'll do more then 20minutes of working out a day, she doesn't want to get muscle, just wants the fat to go away. What excersises should i get her to do?
    What does her diet look like, and how many pounds is she looking to lose?

TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000)
    There is no reason why she can't get toned up a bit with just 20 minutes a day. (that sounds like a commercial)

However she needs to eat clean, and get an exercise program going which includes both cardio and lifting. She does not need to worry about bulking...she is not going to get huge muscles.

Let her know that as she ages, alot more than just the arms will start sagging. And the weight will creep on 1 pound at a time.
    I know this from experience.

For cardio- she can do anything she enjoys, but she needs to get the heart rate up. Eventually have her start doing 20 minute HIIT.

For Lifting- not sure if you have access to weights or a gym. She needs to lift heavy enough to feel the burn, but light enough to continue with good form. Doing bicep curls with 1lb weights is not going to do much good.

For Diet- eat clean 6x day.

Check into Body For Life for a good beginner course in diet, cardio, and weight training.

thatdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    working out wont cause her to get muscular becuase mens and womans muscals are diff. but definitly dont lift heavy do low wieght high reps for good calorie burnand i sugest following the keto diet.
    as i walk throught the valley of the shadow of death i will fear no evil for thou art with me

thatdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    PS trish why feel the "burn" thats just a build up of lactic acid.
    as i walk throught the valley of the shadow of death i will fear no evil for thou art with me

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally posted by thatdude
    PS trish why feel the "burn" thats just a build up of lactic acid.
    The burn, at first, means lactic acid. This means you are working your muscles at a level where the blood supply can not cope with the amount of lactic acid that is being produced via anaerobic metoablism (this is what provides your muscles with energy). This is a good thing! It means you are training your muscles energy system to cope with anaerobic exercise and it also means you are changing your bodies physiology!

After your body get more efficient at removing the lactic acid from the muscles the burn starts to mean different things - usually the tearing of muscle fibres. This is important for muscle stimulation and growth as it is what stimulates your muscles to 'get bigger'

(ok.. I know.. highly simplified... but I am trying to make it simple ).

robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

"more work, less time"

Get your Mom to lift weights for those 20 minutes. Get her to do 20 minutes 4-5 times a day if you can.

Have her do 5 sets for each muscle group. Try to to 2-3 muscle groups each workout. Do squats or lunges for legs, bent-over rows for back, etc.

Ultimately, she should be lifting enough weight that she can only do, say, 10 reps. But it sounds like you're going to be lucky to do this at all, so just have her do 10 reps period.

THIS IS IMPORTANT: Rest only 15 seconds between sets. NO MORE.

If you do this right, I guarantee you can see noticeable changes within days. I have done this very routine with people, and they soon want to increase the volume of their training because they are so inspired by the results.

Please check out my posts for more information.

Respectfully,
    Rob

Impossible is Nothing buffmama33's Avatar
    buffmama33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buffmama33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buffmama33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buffmama33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buffmama33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buffmama33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buffmama33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buffmama33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buffmama33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buffmama33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buffmama33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just tell her to clean up her diet a bit and go buy an exercise tape. Do those and you're sure to keep toned up.
    "The man who has no imagination, has no wings."-Mohammed Ali

- Skip "No, I'm not a post whore. But I play one on TV."

*Lost 25 lbs. in phase 1*
    Week 1: 136.6
    Week 2: 135.6
    Week 3: 134.0
    Week 4: 133.0
    Week 5: 132.6
    Week 6: 132.2 (wisdom teeth, sucky week)
    Week 7: 129.4
    Week 8: 128.6
    Week 9:
    Week 10:

Miss Fitness, ha... I'm going for Miss Olympia.

robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Ooops

I meant 4-5 times per week. 20 minutes 4-5 times per week.