Thread: NASM Question

HuskerGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuskerGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuskerGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuskerGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuskerGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuskerGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuskerGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuskerGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuskerGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuskerGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuskerGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question NASM Question

Hey guys quick question. How much do i need to know about the actual muscles? Obviously i need to know the vast majority but like for instance do i need to remember the insertion, isolated function, and integrated function for the Longus Coli?

Thanks guys.

Maynard311862 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maynard311862 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It wouldn't hurt to know it, but not overall. You only need a 70% to pass so if you have a strong knowledge of everything else, it wouldn't be too detrimental anyways.

I didn't have any questions on my exam related to insertion, but I did have a couple about isolated and integrated function. I don't remember exactly (my exam was about 5 months ago), but I'm pretty sure they asked me about the isolated function of the gastrocnemius. Whether it's isolated function was to accelerate, or decelerate. Something like that. One thing you really should focus on regarding muscles is any of the compensations, muscle imbalances, etc that you would find during an initial assessment, as well as muscle synergists, agonists, antagonists, so on and so forth. I struggled with that part of the test but I still passed and wasn't even too stressed.

Hope that helps out man and best of luck on the exam.

DeadliftDOMS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeadliftDOMS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeadliftDOMS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeadliftDOMS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeadliftDOMS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeadliftDOMS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeadliftDOMS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeadliftDOMS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeadliftDOMS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeadliftDOMS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeadliftDOMS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I would say if your serious about it then you should want to know everything that's in the book..Really try and comprehend the material rather than just remember it to pass a test. people are going too be asking questions and your going to wanna know what your talking about. i don't recall any question about specific muscles and their action. It was more about imbalances, a few about over and under active muscles..several questions that described a situation and asked what the solution should be. There really was a couple question for each chapter it seemed..even a couple marketing questions for example..I'd say though that the assesments chapter and program design were the most important..there was also several question from the first chapters on basic science that really surprised me like the outer most layer of the muscle would be the fascia for example or question about an ATP pathway. I will say the test wasn't easy but not impossible either. Study everything real hard, comprehend it and you will do fine.

Make Misc Great Again JustiNtense's Avatar
    JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by HuskerGuy View Post
    Hey guys quick question. How much do i need to know about the actual muscles? Obviously i need to know the vast majority but like for instance do i need to remember the insertion, isolated function, and integrated function for the Longus Coli?

Thanks guys.
    You won't need to know this for the test.

Just understand the eccentric and concentric actions of the major muscle groups.
    "Even through the darkest days, this fire burns, always."

The pessimist complains about the wind
    The optimist expects it to change direction
    The realist adjusts the sails