coveryisadick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) coveryisadick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) coveryisadick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) coveryisadick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) coveryisadick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) coveryisadick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) coveryisadick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) coveryisadick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) coveryisadick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

lifting gloves with wrist wraps ....

got a pair of lifting gloves for christmas that have Velcro wrist wraps and am wondering how effective something like that is to actually prevent your wrists from bending causing improper form or strain ? will a feature like that alone ensure my wrists from bending improperly or should i still be mindful of my form on certain exercises even with the added wrist support ?

xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    you should always be mindful of form (and it is doubtful the wrist straps will provide a LOT of support, not against poor form anyways)
    ()---() York Barbell Club #37 ()---()

coveryisadick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) coveryisadick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) coveryisadick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) coveryisadick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) coveryisadick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) coveryisadick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) coveryisadick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) coveryisadick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) coveryisadick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    yeah i figured you cant rely on something like that 100 percent good form is still very important no matter the equipment you use. i should of asked what is the real purpose or function of wrist straps on lifting gloves ? is it mainly for show or does it provide some real function that gloves without cant ?

xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by coveryisadick View Post
    yeah i figured you cant rely on something like that 100 percent good form is still very important no matter the equipment you use. i should of asked what is the real purpose or function of wrist straps on lifting gloves ? is it mainly for show or does it provide some real function that gloves without cant ?
    I'm sure it provides a bit of wrist support, same as knee wraps do for knees, They do not allow for crap form, but can be of use if used properly. Especially if you have an old injury or such, basically used as a protective "layer"
    ()---() York Barbell Club #37 ()---()

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have a pair of Schiek 425's that I used for a while when my wrist was acting up, and the extra support definitely helped. I still use them from time to time for dips (I like the padded palm), but I have moved on to actual wrist wraps when I feel like I need a bit of extra support.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||