Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bwillems View Post
    I think its a tendon, but yesterday the muscle/tendon right next to my elbow (on the outside) started to hurt. Now its inflamed/bruised and it hurts especially when i flex my bicep. Its on my elbow though. What did i injure/what to do?
    It might be a **** ton of things...

The inflammation/bruises is a bad sign, go see a doctor or a physicaltherapist. It might be a tear. Dont worry, it's probably nothing serious...but it surely worth being checked. Avoid any movements that require bicep activation (curls and pulling movement). If I was you....I would stay out of the gym until the inflammation is gone (few days to a week).
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

OW log :
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149575693&p=977696913#post977696913

Competition lift : 212 kg total (95/117) @ 77 kg

BRB Becoming a God. Achilles1994's Avatar
    Achilles1994 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Achilles1994 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Achilles1994 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Achilles1994 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Achilles1994 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Achilles1994 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Achilles1994 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Achilles1994 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Achilles1994 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Achilles1994 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Achilles1994 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hey guys, for the past week or two every time I train arms using a barbell I get a bad pain in my forearms when my set is finished and I put the bar down. It gets really tight as well but only for about 5 seconds after every set. (And not the good kind of tight like the pump.) Any ideas on what might be wrong?

Jozu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jozu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jozu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jozu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jozu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jozu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jozu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jozu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jozu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jozu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jozu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've had this strange poking pain in my lower right back for a while now. I can't remember precisely when it started.

I don't feel the pain during lifting, but usually after it will be a little worse. Its not a dull pain, but its not concerningly sharp either. It just feels like my a stick is poking out from above my hip. I know its dumb to not go to the doctor but I live in US and doctors appointments cost a lot for my parents and I never thought it bad enough to worry about.

Now that I'm trying to feel for it I don't, but I usually feel it after doing a squat and I move my back a little bit I feel the poke. Would appreciate advice, thanks in advance.
    "“But as in landlessness alone resides the highest truth, shoreless, indefinite as God - so better is it to perish in that howling infinite, than be ingloriously dashed upon the lee, even if that were safety! For worm-like, then, oh! who would craven crawl to land!”
    -Moby Dick

Woolyyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woolyyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woolyyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woolyyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woolyyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woolyyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woolyyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woolyyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woolyyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woolyyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woolyyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Jozu777 View Post
    I've had this strange poking pain in my lower right back for a while now. I can't remember precisely when it started.

I don't feel the pain during lifting, but usually after it will be a little worse. Its not a dull pain, but its not concerningly sharp either. It just feels like my a stick is poking out from above my hip. I know its dumb to not go to the doctor but I live in US and doctors appointments cost a lot for my parents and I never thought it bad enough to worry about.

Now that I'm trying to feel for it I don't, but I usually feel it after doing a squat and I move my back a little bit I feel the poke. Would appreciate advice, thanks in advance.
    hey man, if its really bugging you, I would honestly go to the doctors. back injuries are some serious ****, you don't wanna end up making it worse.

domenic1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenic1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenic1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenic1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenic1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenic1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenic1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenic1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenic1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenic1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenic1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    there's this pain in my right wrist on the outer side opposite the thumb. i've had it for a few weeks and it's gotten progressively worse. i think it was caused when i was trying to learn how to clean properly. at first the pain was only there when i did heavy supinated lifts like curls, but progressively it became worse and now its present even at rest. i woke up with a huge shooting pain through my wrist and doing anything with it hurts immensly, creating a fist, turning in either direction. even moving my right hand around with my left hurts. do you have any idea what this might be? i'm going to take the next few weeks off of lifting, other than legs to see what happens

buckoboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buckoboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buckoboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buckoboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buckoboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buckoboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buckoboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buckoboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buckoboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buckoboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buckoboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a pinched nerve in my lower back, which makes working my legs out excruciating. Sucks bro

mechamanz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mechamanz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mechamanz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mechamanz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mechamanz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mechamanz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hey
    About a month and a half ago i was doing heavy deadlifts and partially tore my bicep tendon...on the day i applied ice and there ws no extreme pain...next day it was getting better then after that my arm was fine....no significant bruising or anything ..i could do my daily activities normally... however lifting weights was out of the question.about 2weeks after I was fine doing all my push workouts (chest,sm shoulders and legs,...however till this day i am still unable to do pulling movements, when I try I feel strain on my left bicep area.so im not sure about the severity of this injury..there literely was no pain after 3rd day of injury

Any advice is greatly appreciated

spek578 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) spek578 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) spek578 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) spek578 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) spek578 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) spek578 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) spek578 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) spek578 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) spek578 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) spek578 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) spek578 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    saintsqc,

so its been since january that i injured my knee and its only slightly better. over the course of these couple months i think ive come to the conclusion that i either strained or slightly tore my PCL. granted, im not a doctor, but my ortho basically saw two clean MRIs and shooed me out the door. im going to see about meeting with a different ortho in the hopefully near future.

as for lower body work ive worked in leg extensions and barbell goodmornings once or twice a week each. any other recommendations that wouldnt put weight bearing stress on a bent knee?

thanks bro
    220/280/440

HolyZyzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HolyZyzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HolyZyzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    So i injured my right shoulder doing military presses with dumbells, (I was able to get the weight up with my left side but not my right) and my right basically fell with the weight. Ive been out about 4-5 months now still with minor symptoms such as pain coming and going as it is usually a sharp pinch in my back shoulder and slightly in the middle either when im performing movements at the gym (Mostly overhead/bench press) and just doing things around at my house. Ive been at PT for about 3 months now and ive come along way considering i wasnt able to move it at all when i first injured it. Anyway if anyone has any expierience with this type of injury or has any idea how much longer ill be out id appreciate it, thanks

saketp96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saketp96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saketp96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saketp96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saketp96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saketp96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saketp96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saketp96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saketp96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    every time I heavy squat i seem to strain my upper back one my left side around the shoulder blade. what is causing this?

universalpak will become famous soon enough. (+50) universalpak will become famous soon enough. (+50) universalpak will become famous soon enough. (+50) universalpak will become famous soon enough. (+50) universalpak will become famous soon enough. (+50) universalpak will become famous soon enough. (+50) universalpak will become famous soon enough. (+50) universalpak will become famous soon enough. (+50) universalpak will become famous soon enough. (+50) universalpak will become famous soon enough. (+50) universalpak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeahh, found this thread and want to share my experience...I haven't been workout for years already...I became a lil bit nervous after this disease..My body causes all types of body pain as joints, muscles and tendons...I did x-ray, magnetic resonance imaging, ultrasonography, many doctors looked out at me and found much symptons of few diseases...I did rehab exercises with rubber and ball..I have used many type of drugs, as ibuprofen, xanthinol nicotinate, paracetamol...Doctor said that last hope for me is, vitamins, lots of vitamins B, magnesium, calcium, drinking lots of water, eating fruits and vegetables(as i didn't been doing this), refuse addictions(smoking,drinking), refuse any fast or unhealthy food...Now I will consider on my diet..I know that there's no doctors around this forum and I do not hope for any response, I just wanna share my experience..Maybe someone got similar problem, share it, it is imporant to read it for me..

/btw sorry for my english as usual

IbsAtTheGym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IbsAtTheGym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IbsAtTheGym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IbsAtTheGym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IbsAtTheGym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IbsAtTheGym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IbsAtTheGym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IbsAtTheGym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IbsAtTheGym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IbsAtTheGym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IbsAtTheGym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    injuries are liesss

NIMOHOSTCO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice post I like it thumbs up from me

SkinnyManBoy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyManBoy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyManBoy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyManBoy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyManBoy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyManBoy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyManBoy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Unhappy Chest pain!??

I've recently started getting pain in the middle of my chest. It started when I was doing dead lifts earlier today after that I didn't want to stop my workout because it was the last workout of the week so I moved on to military press and than bench press.

It has been 11 hours now and I still feel pain in my chest, it can happen when I move and sometimes when I breath very deeply. I do not go to doctors I don't care how stupid that sounds I just don't like the available medicine in America it is just terrible in the long run IMO. So I was thinking about playing doctor for myself as we'll as possible.

Do you guys think two or three rest days with lots of stretching will do the trick if my pain is gone after the two or three days?

Ps. The pain isn't there any more when I breath deeply and there is not slight pain when I tap on my chest bone
    Last edited by SkinnyManBoy; 05-04-2013 at 07:27 AM.
    "Try and fail a hundred times, or try and climb a 100 steps" - Skinnymanboy

Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SkinnyManBoy View Post
    I've recently started getting pain in the middle of my chest. It started when I was doing dead lifts earlier today after that I didn't want to stop my workout because it was the last workout of the week so I moved on to military press and than bench press.

It has been 11 hours now and I still feel pain in my chest, it can happen when I move and sometimes when I breath very deeply. I do not go to doctors I don't care how stupid that sounds I just don't like the available medicine in America it is just terrible in the long run IMO. So I was thinking about playing doctor for myself as we'll as possible.

Do you guys think two or three rest days with lots of stretching will do the trick if my pain is gone after the two or three days?

Ps. The pain isn't there any more when I breath deeply and there is not slight pain when I tap on my chest bone
    Follow the steps in OP.

If it doesnt go away in 1-2 weeks, go see a doctor or a physicaltherapist.
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

OW log :
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149575693&p=977696913#post977696913

Competition lift : 212 kg total (95/117) @ 77 kg

KrizyFiT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KrizyFiT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KrizyFiT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KrizyFiT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KrizyFiT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KrizyFiT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KrizyFiT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KrizyFiT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KrizyFiT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KrizyFiT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KrizyFiT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good post, knowing how to prevent injury and staying healthy is atleast as important as lifting weights to become bigger and stronger.

Registered User TheSkinnyGinger's Avatar
    TheSkinnyGinger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheSkinnyGinger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheSkinnyGinger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheSkinnyGinger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheSkinnyGinger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheSkinnyGinger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheSkinnyGinger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheSkinnyGinger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheSkinnyGinger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheSkinnyGinger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheSkinnyGinger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Awesome.

Great information. Sometimes after heavy and long chest/tricep days I get major soreness in my tendons in my left elbow, and it hurts to perform a contraction and to touch it. It usually disappears after a few days. It begins to hurt maybe 30-45 minutes after I stop lifting, so I don't think it's DOMS. Could it possibly be mild tendinitis?
    It's not about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
    -Rocky

giggitygoo202 will become famous soon enough. (+50) giggitygoo202 will become famous soon enough. (+50) giggitygoo202 will become famous soon enough. (+50) giggitygoo202 will become famous soon enough. (+50) giggitygoo202 will become famous soon enough. (+50) giggitygoo202 will become famous soon enough. (+50) giggitygoo202 will become famous soon enough. (+50) giggitygoo202 will become famous soon enough. (+50) giggitygoo202 will become famous soon enough. (+50) giggitygoo202 will become famous soon enough. (+50) giggitygoo202 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great thread

dreamdriss is not very well liked. (-100) dreamdriss is not very well liked. (-100) dreamdriss is not very well liked. (-100) dreamdriss is not very well liked. (-100) dreamdriss is not very well liked. (-100) dreamdriss is not very well liked. (-100) dreamdriss is not very well liked. (-100) dreamdriss is not very well liked. (-100) dreamdriss is not very well liked. (-100) dreamdriss is not very well liked. (-100) dreamdriss is not very well liked. (-100)
    great and good topic
    thank you

Bugler666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bugler666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bugler666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bugler666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bugler666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bugler666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bugler666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bugler666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bugler666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bugler666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bugler666 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Not really an injury, but I did a pretty intense 2 hour session this morning (included squats, deads and benchpresses in the same workout) and then ran 3 miles home. When I got in my right eye was bloodshot. Should I be worried about this? My Dad is a rugby coach and is saying it's no biggie and will fade over the next few days - but he's not actually qualified in anything but first aid, so I'm not sure if I should take his word.

I'm going to have a google now, see what i can find.

Ironpat96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ironpat96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ironpat96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ironpat96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ironpat96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ironpat96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ironpat96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ironpat96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Achilles1994 View Post
    Hey guys, for the past week or two every time I train arms using a barbell I get a bad pain in my forearms when my set is finished and I put the bar down. It gets really tight as well but only for about 5 seconds after every set. (And not the good kind of tight like the pump.) Any ideas on what might be wrong?
    I believe its a form of tendonitis. When i was still bodybuilding, whenever i did arms, i used to have the same type of pain your talking about. My advice would to be take like 2 weeks off of training biceps and then try again after those 2 weeks. thats what i did and it worked great for me. Hope this helps!

MikkelDK95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys. last thursday I felt a pain in my shoulder. I am 99% sure that its because of overtraining. Its the front part of my shoulder, if im not mistaken its a part of the rotator cuff? (sorry, my english isn't my motherlanguage, so it is not 100p correct).

I am following Jim Stoppani' HIIT 100's and I believe that this type of program, stressed my shoulder a little too much.

So what i am getting to is that: Can I make my shoulder "heal" faster with cold/warm methode, or maybe taking eating more proteins for faster recovery?

thanks in advance

WhyNotDrum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhyNotDrum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhyNotDrum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhyNotDrum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhyNotDrum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhyNotDrum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhyNotDrum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhyNotDrum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhyNotDrum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhyNotDrum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhyNotDrum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had bad elbow pain (think it was leading to tendentious around the lower lateral head of the tricep) and got a massage which pretty got rid of the pain/problem. So I found massage + stretching works for me.
    Cbf to come up with witty crew CREW (srs)
    ~ ~ ~ ~
    DL - 405x4
    S - 315x2
    BP - 210
    ~ ~ ~ ~
    - Chris

thors5 is just really nice. (+1000) thors5 is just really nice. (+1000) thors5 is just really nice. (+1000) thors5 is just really nice. (+1000) thors5 is just really nice. (+1000) thors5 is just really nice. (+1000) thors5 is just really nice. (+1000) thors5 is just really nice. (+1000) thors5 is just really nice. (+1000) thors5 is just really nice. (+1000) thors5 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Great info in here!!
    Fierce 5

themasterx7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Good work

Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Achilles1994 View Post
    Where in the forearms? In the muscley part near the elbow or the thinner part down near the wrist? On the back or the front or does it feel deep in the forearm?
    The science is out there!
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Jozu777 View Post

A quick look at your profile pic and it seems that you have a scoliosis (sideways curvature of the spine). Perhaps your pelvis / hips are not level and causing this. Did you slip or fall sometime before your back started to hurt?
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

Originally Posted by Bugler666 View Post
    Not really an injury, but I did a pretty intense 2 hour session this morning (included squats, deads and benchpresses in the same workout) and then ran 3 miles home. When I got in my right eye was bloodshot. Should I be worried about this? My Dad is a rugby coach and is saying it's no biggie and will fade over the next few days - but he's not actually qualified in anything but first aid, so I'm not sure if I should take his word.

I'm going to have a google now, see what i can find.
    Were you holding your breath when doing the heavy loads?

Bloodshot eye = a burst capillary, often comes with raised blood pressure form exercise where arms are above heart (like bench press) and/or holding your breath when exercising.
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

Originally Posted by MikkelDK95 View Post
    Hey guys. last thursday I felt a pain in my shoulder. I am 99% sure that its because of overtraining. Its the front part of my shoulder, if im not mistaken its a part of the rotator cuff? (sorry, my english isn't my motherlanguage, so it is not 100p correct).

I am following Jim Stoppani' HIIT 100's and I believe that this type of program, stressed my shoulder a little too much.

So what i am getting to is that: Can I make my shoulder "heal" faster with cold/warm methode, or maybe taking eating more proteins for faster recovery?

thanks in advance
    Pain in the front of the shoulder is more likely an impingement / bursitis. It can also be abiceps tendonitis. Most commonly caused by tight pec mahor, pec minor and lats causing poor shoulder posture. Try doing some stretching for those muscoles, good 30 second holds minimum.
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

Originally Posted by SkinnyManBoy View Post

Most likely you sprained a joint in the middle of your back and it has referred pain around to the chest. If it was painful with breathing it could be one of the joints where the rib joins onto the spine. Do some thoracic rotation and thoracic extension work. Some ibuprofen may also help.
    www.thegymphysio.com.au