Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    mully8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mully8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mully8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mully8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mully8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mully8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mully8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mully8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mully8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mully8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mully8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Saintsqc View Post
    Are you flexible enough to catch the bar on your delts and not with your hands?

It's problably nothing serious. It's probably a minor sprain/strain. Let it heal and it will go away.
    I can usually do it but when tired I noticed I sometimes didn't catch it completely with my delts which may have been my problem. Thanks for the help! Any idea how long that type of injury would take to heal?

Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mully8 View Post
    I can usually do it but when tired I noticed I sometimes didn't catch it completely with my delts which may have been my problem. Thanks for the help! Any idea how long that type of injury would take to heal?
    From a couple of days to a couple of weeks Impossible to tell with so little informations through a forum

You should be fine within a week or 2 IMO.
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

OW log :
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149575693&p=977696913#post977696913

Competition lift : 212 kg total (95/117) @ 77 kg

mully8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mully8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mully8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mully8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mully8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mully8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mully8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mully8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mully8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mully8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mully8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Saintsqc View Post
    From a couple of days to a couple of weeks Impossible to tell with so little informations through a forum

You should be fine within a week or 2 IMO.
    Thanks a lot man, I hope your right haha!

RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000)
    When I do barbell push ups or a lot of DB incline pressing, I get pain towards the front of my shoulder joint the next day and for a few days after. Is this caused from bad posture? I played baseball for a long time and it contributed to a muscular imbalance. I can tell that my scapula adductors are weaker because my shoulders kinda round forward. Should I work on thoracic extension and improving posture or just drop the exercises that cause pain?
    This post is Natypes approved.
    Natypes crew

I'm also a gun snob.

Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by RollTideNation View Post
    When I do barbell push ups or a lot of DB incline pressing, I get pain towards the front of my shoulder joint the next day and for a few days after. Is this caused from bad posture? I played baseball for a long time and it contributed to a muscular imbalance. I can tell that my scapula adductors are weaker because my shoulders kinda round forward. Should I work on thoracic extension and improving posture or just drop the exercises that cause pain?
    Try reducing the ROM of your presses and use more reps/less weight for some time. Maybe it will give a break to your shoulders.

I believe you should work on thoracic extension (especially chest and front delt mobility) and strengthen your traps and your rhomboids.

If specific exercises hurt you directly, you should avoid them. Make sure your form is A1 and dont push through pain. It will probably feels right once the inflammation is gone and once the muscle imbalance is corrected.
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

OW log :
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149575693&p=977696913#post977696913

7ylerCooke is not very helpful. (-500) 7ylerCooke is not very helpful. (-500) 7ylerCooke is not very helpful. (-500) 7ylerCooke is not very helpful. (-500) 7ylerCooke is not very helpful. (-500) 7ylerCooke is not very helpful. (-500) 7ylerCooke is not very helpful. (-500) 7ylerCooke is not very helpful. (-500) 7ylerCooke is not very helpful. (-500) 7ylerCooke is not very helpful. (-500) 7ylerCooke is not very helpful. (-500)
    One thing many people ignore that results in weight room injuries is your body telling you to stop. Your body is very clever and when you feel pain (not nice pain, we all love the buuurrn) its telling you to STOP. Alot of people get confused with the saying ''no pain no gain'' and then end up pulling their shoulder out of place on a DB press.

Prevention is better than a cure!!!

Originally Posted by 7ylerCooke View Post
    One thing many people ignore that results in weight room injuries is your body telling you to stop. Your body is very clever and when you feel pain (not nice pain, we all love the buuurrn) its telling you to STOP. Alot of people get confused with the saying ''no pain no gain'' and then end up pulling their shoulder out of place on a DB press.

Prevention is better than a cure!!!
    So true!!!
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

OW log :

RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So for thoracic extension and rhomboids, I'm thinking about doing barbell shrugs with the bar on the back side, cable rows (with the small V-bar handle) to my sternum, face pulls to my chin, and batwing holds for time. Sound good?
    This post is Natypes approved.
    Natypes crew

I'm also a gun snob.

kcwilson59 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kcwilson59 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kcwilson59 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kcwilson59 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kcwilson59 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kcwilson59 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kcwilson59 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kcwilson59 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kcwilson59 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kcwilson59 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kcwilson59 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

wrist injury

I have been lifting on and off for about a year now. I have hurt my wrists because I was benching wrong. For the past 6 month my wrist have hurt day in and day out. Some days better than others. I have no idea what I did to them but within this 6 month period I stopped lifting for 4 months. And I'm back lifting again and pain is still there not has bad but still there. I put icy hot on them and I have wrist wraps for when I do bench and even tried going to suicide grip to keep my wrist from bending back. Would be amazing to get back to no pain at all. Any suggestions??

eperez225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eperez225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eperez225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eperez225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eperez225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eperez225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eperez225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eperez225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eperez225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eperez225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eperez225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey saint ! I want to get your opinion on this "incident". I was benching today, my final reps were the most challeging but I pushed myself to finish. But when pushing the last reps I felt a sensation, prressure, on my elbow area. I didn't notice till now that it has gotten swollen around the "funnybone" nerve. Although.I feel no pain what so ever, when touching a certain of the elbow and pressing on it hurts. What you think happen? Could I have strained it? If that makes sense. Btw the swelling is nothing to freak, its just a liltte bigger compared to my right one.

Originally Posted by RollTideNation View Post
    So for thoracic extension and rhomboids, I'm thinking about doing barbell shrugs with the bar on the back side, cable rows (with the small V-bar handle) to my sternum, face pulls to my chin, and batwing holds for time. Sound good?
    Facepulls are very important!

Yes, it does sounds good

Originally Posted by kcwilson59 View Post
    I have been lifting on and off for about a year now. I have hurt my wrists because I was benching wrong. For the past 6 month my wrist have hurt day in and day out. Some days better than others. I have no idea what I did to them but within this 6 month period I stopped lifting for 4 months. And I'm back lifting again and pain is still there not has bad but still there. I put icy hot on them and I have wrist wraps for when I do bench and even tried going to suicide grip to keep my wrist from bending back. Would be amazing to get back to no pain at all. Any suggestions??

Go see a doctor...I know some peole who had a similar problem. For most of them, it was a kyst or something like that. There is nothing they can do (exept surgery)...it hurts whenever they bend their wrist.

Otherwise, I'm sorry, I have no idea how to fix that :s

Originally Posted by eperez225 View Post
    Hey saint ! I want to get your opinion on this "incident". I was benching today, my final reps were the most challeging but I pushed myself to finish. But when pushing the last reps I felt a sensation, prressure, on my elbow area. I didn't notice till now that it has gotten swollen around the "funnybone" nerve. Although.I feel no pain what so ever, when touching a certain of the elbow and pressing on it hurts. What you think happen? Could I have strained it? If that makes sense. Btw the swelling is nothing to freak, its just a liltte bigger compared to my right one.
    You perfectly fit the steps written in OP.

If there is no pain within 1-2 days, you should probably be fine to get back to your work out with full intensity within a week. By the way you describe it, it is nothing serious. Some inflammation to ligaments/tendons/muscles or other soft tissue. If it doesnt hurt, it is not alarming.

Just to be safe, ice the area, protect it and dont stress it. See if it gets sore or painful the next few days. Test your joint with light weight in 2-3 days to see if there is anykind of weird feeling. If not, you can keep up with your normal routine. If it's uncomfortable or weird, be careful and let it fully heal before training heavy again.
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

OW log :

eperez225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eperez225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eperez225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eperez225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eperez225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eperez225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eperez225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eperez225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eperez225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eperez225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eperez225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks saint ! I do feel is more of the inflimmation that's causing the pressue sensation and slightly discomfort around the area. I did ice it, I wil ice it again tomorow. Also, idk if u still remeber man but I posted awhile back on this thread talking about straining a area of mmy knee and was unable to sqaut due to pain. I have build up the strength in my legs and can squat up to 225 now ithout any issues.

Edit: I feel like I pinched the nerve, alhough not sevely just slightly. I researched a bit an it says by rest and icinng it can be treated.
    Last edited by eperez225; 03-04-2013 at 09:23 PM.

shishang23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Recently got back on http://www.armaniwatchbrand.com/

Great thrread man. When I squatted I felt a small sensation on the ijured area, nothing big, just a small sensation. Should I still lay off it? Also, the next day afte squatting the small infalmmation on the injured area reduced,
    Recently got back on squatting. I strained either a ligament or tendon ( not sure) on the my right knee. Layed off any leg workouts for more than a month. I could do lightt jogs, do a full ROM squat Ass to grass now. I was surprised.

Originally Posted by eperez225 View Post
    Thanks saint ! I do feel is more of the inflimmation that's causing the pressue sensation and slightly discomfort around the area. I did ice it, I wil ice it again tomorow. Also, idk if u still remeber man but I posted awhile back on this thread talking about straining a area of mmy knee and was unable to sqaut due to pain. I have build up the strength in my legs and can squat up to 225 now ithout any issues.

Edit: I feel like I pinched the nerve, alhough not sevely just slightly. I researched a bit an it says by rest and icinng it can be treated.
    It's really cool for your knee

Dont worry, your nerves can be compressed by the inflammation.

I strongly suggest you to follow the steps until all symptoms are gone. I guess you will quickly get on the third step...just dont get back to heavy lifting too soon. Let it heal.

Originally Posted by shishang23 View Post
    Great thrread man. When I squatted I felt a small sensation on the ijured area, nothing big, just a small sensation. Should I still lay off it? Also, the next day afte squatting the small infalmmation on the injured area reduced,
    Recently got back on squatting. I strained either a ligament or tendon ( not sure) on the my right knee. Layed off any leg workouts for more than a month. I could do lightt jogs, do a full ROM squat Ass to grass now. I was surprised.
    I cant tell man, I'm sorry I need more informations.

Dont push through pain, that's the most imporant thing!
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

OW log :

warrkeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) warrkeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) warrkeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) warrkeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) warrkeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) warrkeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) warrkeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) warrkeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) warrkeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) warrkeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) warrkeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, my first season snowboarding and guess what ? Overconfidence and hit the ramps, 360 and fell on my right wrist. Got a contussion which was better than a fracture or anything else. Anyway, i'm back in the gym almost 3 weeks later but my wrist still hurts on some movements , point is I've lost quite some strenght which is said and like 0.5inch of my arms, didnt really measure the rest. Point is its horrible to have any kind of injure that doesn't let you workout. So be careful people!!!

kcwilson59 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kcwilson59 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kcwilson59 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kcwilson59 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kcwilson59 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kcwilson59 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kcwilson59 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kcwilson59 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kcwilson59 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kcwilson59 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kcwilson59 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the reply. I have searched on the form on how people position there hands and a few people say to squeeze the bar like h***. So I did light weight high reps and squeezed the bar as hard as I could on bench and they have felt a lot better this week so I think I'm going to do that for a few weeks and see how they feel.

Apollonius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apollonius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apollonius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apollonius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apollonius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apollonius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apollonius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apollonius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apollonius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apollonius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apollonius will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good thread...currently recovering from an enlarged spleen and rotator cuff damage.
    DOueven wut m8?
    S1 Crew

iwanagetbig is just really nice. (+1000) iwanagetbig is just really nice. (+1000) iwanagetbig is just really nice. (+1000) iwanagetbig is just really nice. (+1000) iwanagetbig is just really nice. (+1000) iwanagetbig is just really nice. (+1000) iwanagetbig is just really nice. (+1000) iwanagetbig is just really nice. (+1000) iwanagetbig is just really nice. (+1000) iwanagetbig is just really nice. (+1000) iwanagetbig is just really nice. (+1000)
    fckkkk, i think i fcked up my back(not sure how bad tho) i was squatting a day ago and on my last rep sorta bent over(not even that much tho) today my mid back hurts like a bitch, especially twisting, and if i take big deep breaths it hurts too. anyone ever had this?

Edit: it only hurts on the right side if that makes a diff
    ▲▼▲5'7" Master Race Crew▲▼▲

SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have a clay shovelers fracture that refuses to heal. I stopped lifting in January. Wut do
    Master total
    S: 585
    B: 370
    D: 605

Originally Posted by iwanagetbig View Post
    fckkkk, i think i fcked up my back(not sure how bad tho) i was squatting a day ago and on my last rep sorta bent over(not even that much tho) today my mid back hurts like a bitch, especially twisting, and if i take big deep breaths it hurts too. anyone ever had this?

Edit: it only hurts on the right side if that makes a diff
    Back injuries worth being look at by professionnals.

Originally Posted by SamSix View Post
    I have a clay shovelers fracture that refuses to heal. I stopped lifting in January. Wut do
    See a professionnal and be patient...
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

OW log :

Registered User FORVERMIRINBRAH's Avatar
    FORVERMIRINBRAH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FORVERMIRINBRAH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FORVERMIRINBRAH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FORVERMIRINBRAH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FORVERMIRINBRAH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FORVERMIRINBRAH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FORVERMIRINBRAH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FORVERMIRINBRAH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FORVERMIRINBRAH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FORVERMIRINBRAH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FORVERMIRINBRAH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Great info!

This is great, it has giving me a different perspective to overcoming my injury, thanks!

Qgla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Should I still take creatine during one week in whic I won't be able to go to gym?

Originally Posted by Qgla View Post
    Should I still take creatine during one week in whic I won't be able to go to gym?
    I dont know a lot about creatine, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

IMO, it depends how you will ease back into training. If you're going to slowly ease back intro training and progressively build the volume and intensity, I dont see any benefits to keep taking creatine during the week off. You are not going to need it anyway.

If you're going back to training without a decrease in volume/intensity, I think you can keep taking creatine.

In doubt, I would just stop.
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

OW log :

MrBananaHead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great Thread :P
    What do I do if I have a muscle imbalance and I think my chest is pulling my front delts inwards and its causing pain? =l

Originally Posted by MrBananaHead View Post
    Great Thread :P
    What do I do if I have a muscle imbalance and I think my chest is pulling my front delts inwards and its causing pain? =l
    2x more back volume that chest volume (2 pull for 1 push)
    Cable rows, face pulls, shrugs, rear delt fly...a lot, and often.
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

OW log :

Location: Chase town, Staffordshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    nathanowen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey! Anyone know how to speed up the healing process of tennis/golfers elbow?
    I've been resting for around a week now and I'm dying not being able to workout.....
    Cheers

Zbaby15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I went to the doctor and was told i have an umbilical hernia but that it is smaller than usual and it will not effect my routines. i workout every day and i fight every other day. but it might just be superstition but ive cut down alot on everything and stepped up cardio, but ive been told by alethitic trainers that core workouts can be good and may even push it back in. anyone have any more advice on this?

Location: derbyshire, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    HezzaD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I tend to get an issue in my left arm after doing hammer curls or bicep curls, down side of my left arm only it tends to tighten up bad and hurts then releases.
    I do plenty of stretching and only don't overdo bicep workouts either.

calvinphilips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calvinphilips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calvinphilips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calvinphilips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calvinphilips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calvinphilips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calvinphilips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calvinphilips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calvinphilips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calvinphilips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calvinphilips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    RICE is really the primary solution I have ever seen for any kinda injury. Well, Saintsqc it’s good to come across such an informative post at one place for the common injuries that we come across in our venture. These tips would be really helpful.

bwillems is not very helpful. (-500) bwillems is not very helpful. (-500) bwillems is not very helpful. (-500) bwillems is not very helpful. (-500) bwillems is not very helpful. (-500) bwillems is not very helpful. (-500) bwillems is not very helpful. (-500) bwillems is not very helpful. (-500) bwillems is not very helpful. (-500) bwillems is not very helpful. (-500) bwillems is not very helpful. (-500)
    I think its a tendon, but yesterday the muscle/tendon right next to my elbow (on the outside) started to hurt. Now its inflamed/bruised and it hurts especially when i flex my bicep. Its on my elbow though. What did i injure/what to do?