Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    domenic1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenic1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenic1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenic1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenic1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenic1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenic1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenic1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenic1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenic1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenic1995 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i have tendinitis in my right arm near the elbow insertion in my bicep, would it be okay for me to do legs as normal seeing as it doesn't really need the problem area other than stabilization in some lifts? also what is your take on doing deadlifts during the time it's like this. when i do them i feel no pain or strain whatsoever, but it's still using the problem are pretty heavily

Damn95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation

Like 3 weeks ago I was working out my triceps and and suddenly they started hurting, the next day i had no pain at all doing some other excercises, the next week my triceps didnt hurt but as soon as I started working out on them I felt great, i haven't go to the gym since that and they don't hurt at all but I don't know if I should go to the doctor first? Can you give me some advice plz

fluroblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i just went to my doctors and he said i had some minor tennis elbow. i suffer from noodle arms and the pain appeared around the elbow joint. if im reading the post right, tennis elbow would be a quick recovery? im not very sporty and just started exercising properly this week but ive experienced the same pain over a year ago with the same/ similar exercise, which makes me think it might be long term and not actually tennis elbow??? right now im using some voltaren emulgel and not doing anything with my arms. i tried modified pushups a day after i felt the pain and it didnt come back. is there any arm exercises i can do that avoids strain on the tennis elbow? sorry if these are noobs questions im just really new to this

edit: a year ago i stopped completely after the pain appeared and just didnt acknowledge it which was stupid
    Last edited by fluroblue; 01-12-2013 at 12:17 AM. Reason: added content

Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by domenic1995 View Post
    i have tendinitis in my right arm near the elbow insertion in my bicep, would it be okay for me to do legs as normal seeing as it doesn't really need the problem area other than stabilization in some lifts? also what is your take on doing deadlifts during the time it's like this. when i do them i feel no pain or strain whatsoever, but it's still using the problem are pretty heavily
    If you dont feel pain or strain (or discomfort), it should be all right. So, keep working dem legs!

Use the same thumb rule for deadlift. No pain, no strain, no discomfort? That's good! If your tendinitis is in your bicep, maybe you should stick to double over hand to avoid elbow bending and bicep recruitement. If your tendinitis is in your forearm muscles, maybe gripping the bar will flare up the inflammation. Be cautious and maybe you should use straps for the next few days/weeks.

Anyway, follow the steps in post 1 and it should get rid of that easily! Listen to your body and never push through pain.

Originally Posted by Damn95 View Post
    Like 3 weeks ago I was working out my triceps and and suddenly they started hurting, the next day i had no pain at all doing some other excercises, the next week my triceps didnt hurt but as soon as I started working out on them I felt great, i haven't go to the gym since that and they don't hurt at all but I don't know if I should go to the doctor first? Can you give me some advice plz
    Keep doing what you're doing and be attentive to what can causes the pain. Stretch your triceps more (search for triceps stretching) and I guess foam rolling will help. Some people have hard knot in the triceps (or near the shoulder joint).

Wait a little longer before going to the doctor. If you feel no pain lately, there is nothing to worry about.

Originally Posted by fluroblue View Post
    i just went to my doctors and he said i had some minor tennis elbow. i suffer from noodle arms and the pain appeared around the elbow joint. if im reading the post right, tennis elbow would be a quick recovery? im not very sporty and just started exercising properly this week but ive experienced the same pain over a year ago with the same/ similar exercise, which makes me think it might be long term and not actually tennis elbow??? right now im using some voltaren emulgel and not doing anything with my arms. i tried modified pushups a day after i felt the pain and it didnt come back. is there any arm exercises i can do that avoids strain on the tennis elbow? sorry if these are noobs questions im just really new to this

edit: a year ago i stopped completely after the pain appeared and just didnt acknowledge it which was stupid
    A quick recovery is relative. Every body is different and an injury will heal at a different rate for every one. For example, a tendinitis is quick to recover compare to a complete torn, a broken bone or a surgery.

There is many possible causes to your problem.

Possibility 1 :
    If you were completely inactive/sedentery before, your body is probably out of shape. Its capacity to resist stress might be very low. So, if you started exercising (full of good intentions), you might have pushed beyond your limits (wich might be very low) and it might have caused a tendinitis.
    Solution 1 :
    If it's the case, I suggest you to reduce your training frequency/volume/intensity and ease back in a good training regimen. Rome wasnt built in a day. Look out for Allpro's beginner program (in work out program section, it's a sticky) and do it. Start with light weight.

Possibility 2 :
    What is your job? If you have a fairly active lifestyle, this recurrent elbow injury can be caused by your work. People who works in a cold environnement, people who works a lot with computer, people who repeats always the same fast movement or people who has to grip heavy or big object are prone to elbows tendinitis.
    Solution 2 :
    If it's the case, your training regimen creates more stress on your elbow and push your body beyond it's capacity. You should reduce your frequency/volume/intensity of exercises that recruit your elbow (pretty much any upper body exercises) at first. Stretch and massage your forearm, your bicep and your triceps. Stick to the compound that doesnt hurt or doesnt stress your elbow too much (bench press, pull down/chin up, shoulder press, row) and avoid arms isolation (curl, tricep push down, etc.). You have to give a chance to your body to adapt to this new stress. So start easy and progress slowly.

Possibility 3 :
    The problem might be a mechanical problem. You do the movement wrong so it stress your tendons and ligaments.
    Solution 3 :
    Ask a coach to correct your form and dont use weight you can't handle. Work in a higher rep range.

Possibility 4 :
    The problem might be because you over use your elbow. Upper body exercises use the elbow. So, if you do too much upper body exercises, you might over use your elbow.
    Solution 4 :
    Get on a real program. Allpro's beginner program, ws4sb, starting strength, GST, etc.

It might have other possibilities, those are the most commons I know.

Anyway, rest until the pain goes away at rest. In other words, avoid every thing that causes pain and wait until you can move your elbow normally. Then, follow the steps written in first post. Ease back intro training, but avoid every thing that causes pain, start with light weight and do high reps. Ease back intro training progressively. However, you MUST find what causes this injury, otherwise, it will happen again. YOU have to fix it. Did you start too agressively? Is it a lack of rest? How is your form on exercises? How is your routine? etc...

To avoid strain on your elbow, dont do anything that hurts right now. Later, when it doesnt hurt anymore, slowly re introduce upper body exercises. But, be ready to back off at the moment it hurts or your feel discomfort. Compounds exercises (bench press, pull down, shoulder press, row) are less stressful on the elbow than isolations.

Good luck!
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

OW log :
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149575693&p=977696913#post977696913

Competition lift : 212 kg total (95/117) @ 77 kg

AussieJuNior is not very helpful. (-500) AussieJuNior is not very helpful. (-500) AussieJuNior is not very helpful. (-500) AussieJuNior is not very helpful. (-500) AussieJuNior is not very helpful. (-500) AussieJuNior is not very helpful. (-500) AussieJuNior is not very helpful. (-500) AussieJuNior is not very helpful. (-500) AussieJuNior is not very helpful. (-500) AussieJuNior is not very helpful. (-500) AussieJuNior is not very helpful. (-500)
    Gud thread. I've recently injured my rotator cuff. Its a slight problem, doesn't really hurt at all during lifts but can tell I have strained it abit. Best thing I recommend is what you have suggested, particularly the self massage and ice.
    element9876:
    "If you compete in Natural Shows where they urine and blood test you it makes you natty"

fluroblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks saintsqc! i dont have a job right now, i just finished year 12 and waiting to get into uni and thought i should use my time wisely. i do spend a lot of time on the comp.
    thanks for your detailed reply!

highteeld has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) highteeld has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) highteeld has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) highteeld has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) highteeld has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) highteeld has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) highteeld has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) highteeld has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) highteeld has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) highteeld has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) highteeld has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

pec tear

I'm coming back from a pec tear and i didn't work out a bit for 4 months and lost like 20 lbs of muscle. but I'm healed now so really you have no choice but rest.
    Lifts:
    Bench: 460
    Squat: 475
    Deadlift: Don't Ask
    Full ROM Seated Shoulder Press: 315
    Standing Press: 260
    BW: 280 lbs (will cut soon, going for 5 bills on bench)

Woolyyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woolyyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woolyyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woolyyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woolyyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woolyyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woolyyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woolyyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woolyyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woolyyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woolyyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks for all the replies an advice saints, every little bit of info helps lol. It doesn't feel like my back is sprained anymore. There's just these hard spots near the middle/low part of my spine (attached pic below), and my right hamstring flares up when standing for more than 15 minutes. Staying positive was pretty hard at one point, but the doctors appointments in 2 weeks give me something to look forward to. Definitely bringing up being put on meds though. I just want to lift again

EDIT: also considering trying ice packs again, but the last time I used an ice on my back (3ish months ago), my back sort of locked up, and I had to see my PT lol. Heating pads aggravate the area. Should I consider ice again?
    Last edited by Woolyyyy; 01-14-2013 at 01:01 PM.

Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Woolyyyy View Post
    Thanks for all the replies an advice saints, every little bit of info helps lol. It doesn't feel like my back is sprained anymore. There's just these hard spots near the middle/low part of my spine (attached pic below), and my right hamstring flares up when standing for more than 15 minutes. Staying positive was pretty hard at one point, but the doctors appointments in 2 weeks give me something to look forward to. Definitely bringing up being put on meds though. I just want to lift again

EDIT: also considering trying ice packs again, but the last time I used an ice on my back (3ish months ago), my back sort of locked up, and I had to see my PT lol. Heating pads aggravate the area. Should I consider ice again?
    I cant tell what to do about ice. I dont want you to get locked up again :s

Post back here after your doctor appointment!
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

OW log :
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149575693&p=977696913#post977696913

Woolyyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woolyyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woolyyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woolyyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woolyyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woolyyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woolyyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woolyyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woolyyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woolyyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woolyyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Saintsqc View Post
    I cant tell what to do about ice. I dont want you to get locked up again :s

Post back here after your doctor appointment!
    lol same here. i'll probably just continue stretching and taking epsom salt baths. 2 weeks isn't that long to wait.

outofthisworld has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) outofthisworld has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) outofthisworld has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) outofthisworld has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) outofthisworld has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) outofthisworld has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) outofthisworld has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) outofthisworld has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) outofthisworld has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) outofthisworld has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) outofthisworld has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    worked out extremely hard a week ago, both pecs were sore right after- nut now a week later only my right one still hurts.. i think i pulled it or something... hurts when i stretch it ;o

AestheticsCuz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AestheticsCuz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AestheticsCuz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AestheticsCuz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AestheticsCuz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AestheticsCuz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AestheticsCuz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AestheticsCuz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AestheticsCuz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AestheticsCuz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AestheticsCuz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Bad form causes injuries!

Jelet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jelet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jelet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jelet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jelet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jelet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jelet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jelet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jelet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jelet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jelet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AestheticsCuz View Post
    Bad form causes injuries!
    wrong. even with good form u get injuries. thats how i got injured.

herniated disc- had good form but turns out i have scolisis + long legs = herniated disc with ATG squats.

shoulder injury(no mri) - dips, i got strong to quickly. ligaments couldnt keep up.
    My favorite miscer:LtGoose (no homo)
    Respect List : ShayZ, , dickyoliver, zuludddd, Thomas.of.Hunter , jcapo, zer0xp , Rasc170,wollo7,ajcoop20,softpounder
    -------
    *L4-l5 Herniated Disc Crew*
    *slap tear shoulder injury crew*

vicegrip147 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vicegrip147 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vicegrip147 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vicegrip147 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i have shoulder injury from carrying any good looking birds on shoulders at Stereosonic (srs)

1 rep = 1 prayer

JackRickards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    my wrists are ****ed. i been building religiously for a year and they have been playing up since the first month they hurt loads... although i did take a month break off to let my wrists heal and when i started again it didnt take them long to start playing up again.

Ruffies has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I got a pain under the middle of my forearm. It hurts when I do bicep curls, like any simple bicep curl or bb curl. It doesn't hurt though when I do machinery bicep curls. Whats wrong?

luminism is on a distinguished road. (+10) luminism is on a distinguished road. (+10) luminism is on a distinguished road. (+10) luminism is on a distinguished road. (+10) luminism is on a distinguished road. (+10) luminism is on a distinguished road. (+10) luminism is on a distinguished road. (+10) luminism is on a distinguished road. (+10) luminism is on a distinguished road. (+10) luminism is on a distinguished road. (+10) luminism is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Very insightful, thank you!

dannyboy2519 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dannyboy2519 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dannyboy2519 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dannyboy2519 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dannyboy2519 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dannyboy2519 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dannyboy2519 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dannyboy2519 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dannyboy2519 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dannyboy2519 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dannyboy2519 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    HELP! i injured myself in the gym 4 months ago now, doing front plate raises, felt fine whilst doing them but afterwards my inner elbow, where bicep/forearm meet started to really tighten up. i haven't done any bicep/back exercises since as unable to without making it worse, i tried to continue doing chest/shoulders but after a couple of attempts and finding it irritated the injury i gave up and haven't done any upper body exercises for near on 3 months now.

i have been to the doctors on 3 occasions, and had two physio sessions on it (physio seemed to make it worse) doctors tell me i have tendonitis and that it just needs rest, i have been resting it as much as possible for three months, icing 3-4 times a day, using anti inflammatory cream, but nothing seems to be helping it, even straightening my arm seems to agitate it. its not a injury that stops my day to day life, and i still have the same strength, but i cant do any kind of exercise without making it worse.

i need help! i wanna get back in the gym! any with any kind of advice? im beginning to think i may have a small tear, could i be right?

spek578 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) spek578 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) spek578 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) spek578 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) spek578 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) spek578 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) spek578 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) spek578 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) spek578 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) spek578 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) spek578 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    pretty sure ive got knee tendinitis in my left knee. it was sore after a day of heavy deadlifts for reps and it hurt to curl my leg up, but is fine to squat on? it hurts most in the mornings and after im off it for a while.

alternating cold/hot therapy and rest?
    220/280/440

Originally Posted by dannyboy2519 View Post
    HELP! i injured myself in the gym 4 months ago now, doing front plate raises, felt fine whilst doing them but afterwards my inner elbow, where bicep/forearm meet started to really tighten up. i haven't done any bicep/back exercises since as unable to without making it worse, i tried to continue doing chest/shoulders but after a couple of attempts and finding it irritated the injury i gave up and haven't done any upper body exercises for near on 3 months now.

i have been to the doctors on 3 occasions, and had two physio sessions on it (physio seemed to make it worse) doctors tell me i have tendonitis and that it just needs rest, i have been resting it as much as possible for three months, icing 3-4 times a day, using anti inflammatory cream, but nothing seems to be helping it, even straightening my arm seems to agitate it. its not a injury that stops my day to day life, and i still have the same strength, but i cant do any kind of exercise without making it worse.

i need help! i wanna get back in the gym! any with any kind of advice? im beginning to think i may have a small tear, could i be right?
    Woh!

Small tear usually take short time to heal.

A tendinitis not healed tend to became tendinosis. It's basically the same, exept it takes much longer to heal. If you had a tendinitis at first but you still train through pain for a while without giving enough time to your injury to heal, it might became a tendinosis.

When you say you take 3 months of rest and it didnt help..that's puzzled me.

Maybe a sport specialist will help you better. Through a forum, it's impossible for me to help you, I'm sorry.

Originally Posted by spek578 View Post
    pretty sure ive got knee tendinitis in my left knee. it was sore after a day of heavy deadlifts for reps and it hurt to curl my leg up, but is fine to squat on? it hurts most in the mornings and after im off it for a while.

alternating cold/hot therapy and rest?
    It might be time to take a deload week? By the way you describe it, it seems to be inflammation. Ice and rest will do.

It happens to me all the time. When it happens, I take a week off from lower body training and then I slowly ease back into training. By the time I reach the level I was before my deload (3-4 weeks), the pain is gone.
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

OW log :

spek578 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) spek578 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) spek578 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) spek578 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) spek578 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) spek578 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) spek578 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) spek578 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) spek578 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) spek578 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) spek578 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Woh!

Small tear usually take short time to heal.

A tendinitis not healed tend to became tendinosis. It's basically the same, exept it takes much longer to heal. If you had a tendinitis at first but you still train through pain for a while without giving enough time to your injury to heal, it might became a tendinosis.

When you say you take 3 months of rest and it didnt help..that's puzzled me.

Maybe a sport specialist will help you better. Through a forum, it's impossible for me to help you, I'm sorry.

It might be time to take a deload week? By the way you describe it, it seems to be inflammation. Ice and rest will do.

It happens to me all the time. When it happens, I take a week off from lower body training and then I slowly ease back into training. By the time I reach the level I was before my deload (3-4 weeks), the pain is gone.
    To be more specific, it hurts to "pull" the ground. For example if I'm seating and plant my foot as far out as I can and then trying to "pull" the floor back by dragging my foot back with pressure on the ground. I can go up and down stairs fine, and one leg squat with my body weight fine. Its just when I standing curl my leg or do the dragging thing that it hurts..

Edit: never mind, sometimes sharp pain when going down stairs
    Last edited by spek578; 01-31-2013 at 11:38 AM.
    220/280/440

had my doctors appointment today! he said my back isn't sprained anymore, but the tightened muscles surrounding the sprain couldn't loosen up again, thus me having muscle spasms. gave me a prescription for Flexeril, i see my back doctor next week, and my physician says to see him again in a month.

it looks like i'm relatively close to being active again. this is literally the happiest i've been in 6 months!

nedholden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedholden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedholden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedholden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedholden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedholden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedholden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedholden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedholden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedholden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedholden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Looking for a bit of insight as to what I have been experiencing which i find rather weird. The ONLY time that i experience it is when doing handstands working up to handstand pushups i experience a sharp pain on one side of my upper pec towards the shoulder.

To be more specific, it hurts to "pull" the ground. For example if I'm seating and plant my foot as far out as I can and then trying to "pull" the floor back by dragging my foot back with pressure on the ground. I can go up and down stairs fine, and one leg squat with my body weight fine. Its just when I standing curl my leg or do the dragging thing that it hurts..

bump
    220/280/440

Sorry for the delay man!

You describe the same symptoms I often have. Does it also hurt when you kneel down on the floor or on your bed or when you put pressure on your knee when its bent?

My physiotherapist told me it was a small hamstring tear. It goes away after a while.

Go see a doctor and follow the steps in first post. You probably just need some rest!

Originally Posted by Woolyyyy View Post
    had my doctors appointment today! he said my back isn't sprained anymore, but the tightened muscles surrounding the sprain couldn't loosen up again, thus me having muscle spasms. gave me a prescription for Flexeril, i see my back doctor next week, and my physician says to see him again in a month.

it looks like i'm relatively close to being active again. this is literally the happiest i've been in 6 months!
    That's awesome

Slowly easy back into training though! Dont push yourself too hard in the gym the first few weeks, otherwise you risk to cramp everything up!

Originally Posted by nedholden View Post
    Looking for a bit of insight as to what I have been experiencing which i find rather weird. The ONLY time that i experience it is when doing handstands working up to handstand pushups i experience a sharp pain on one side of my upper pec towards the shoulder.
    That could be many things. From tight shoulders muscles to bad technique. Make sure everything is contracted and tight, dont let all your weight push on your joint. Play with hand stand width...narrow, shoulder width, wide...maybe some width will hurt and others wont.

It might be possible you just can't do that exercise. Personnally, my shoulder cringes everytime I do dips.
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

OW log :

Sorry for the delay man!

You describe the same symptoms I often have. Does it also hurt when you kneel down on the floor or on your bed or when you put pressure on your knee when its bent?

My physiotherapist told me it was a small hamstring tear. It goes away after a while.

Go see a doctor and follow the steps in first post. You probably just need some rest!

That's awesome

Slowly easy back into training though! Dont push yourself too hard in the gym the first few weeks, otherwise you risk to cramp everything up!

That could be many things. From tight shoulders muscles to bad technique. Make sure everything is contracted and tight, dont let all your weight push on your joint. Play with hand stand width...narrow, shoulder width, wide...maybe some width will hurt and others wont.

It might be possible you just can't do that exercise. Personnally, my shoulder cringes everytime I do dips.
    Is that possible even if I just feel it in my knee? Nothing hurts on my hammie, not even when using a foam roller on it
    220/280/440

Is that possible even if I just feel it in my knee? Nothing hurts on my hammie, not even when using a foam roller on it
    Yeah, it's possible to feel nothing in the hamstring. Tendons insertion are very close to the area. The first time it happens to me, I thought some ligaments or meniscus were damaged. I was sceptic when the PT told me it was a torn muscle.

Take a rest and if it doesnt get better within 2-3 weeks, go see a professionnal.
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

OW log :

Yeah, it's possible to feel nothing in the hamstring. Tendons insertion are very close to the area. The first time it happens to me, I thought some ligaments or meniscus were damaged. I was sceptic when the PT told me it was a torn muscle.

Take a rest and if it doesnt get better within 2-3 weeks, go see a professionnal.
    That sounds exactly right. I've got an appointment Tuesday with my orthopedic
    220/280/440

nedholden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedholden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedholden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedholden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedholden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedholden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedholden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedholden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedholden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedholden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedholden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

awesome, will play with it a little more thanks man

RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Pain in the hip when I squat down deep, even with just BW. It was hurting before during warm ups, but goes away for the most part. I've been stretching and doing a little mobility work as a warm up. Last workout was tuesday, but didn't feel it until yesterday. I woke up with pain. I squat with a widish stance with toes pointed out and I go ATG 100% of the time. I can also feel it when I pull my knee (left) up to my chest, and move my knee towards the right. Doesn't feel like a soreness, more of a joint pain feel.
    Last edited by RollTideNation; 02-08-2013 at 09:28 AM.
    This post is Natypes approved.
    Natypes crew

I'm also a gun snob.