Reply
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 330 of 461
  1. #301
    Registered User jlai928's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2013
    Location: Hong Kong
    Age: 23
    Posts: 347
    Rep Power: 138
    jlai928 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jlai928 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jlai928 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jlai928 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jlai928 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jlai928 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jlai928 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jlai928 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jlai928 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jlai928 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jlai928 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    jlai928 is offline
    Originally Posted by aln2919 View Post
    I've been lifting for about a year now. I was hit with wrist pain in my left wrist about 6 weeks ago. A sharp sort of pain that hurt with any lateral rotation or any rotation at all really. I sort of brushed it off at first thinking it was nothing big so continued my workouts for a week or two. Realized it wasn't going away like I hoped and halted all upper body work.

    Then my right wrist started getting stiff after I stopped doing upper body. Next thing I knew I was experiencing about the same kind of pain in the right wrist. Then gradually forearm pain started coming on. Sort of a achy feeling. Feels like chills sometimes. Really weird kind of pain. Ill feel it running along my pinky side of hand too.

    Then comes the elbow pain. Started on the outer elbow (ulnar nerve area). I'd had some tendonitis in this area about 6 mo. ago so thought maybe thats what it was. Feels weird to even place my arm on a harder surface, like a funny bone feeling but more intense. And now I'm getting inner elbow symptoms (elbow-pit area if you will). Feels like a cord in there thats tight. No real pain associated just tightness.

    Pretty confused and depressed to be completely out of the gym for about 5 weeks. Seems like everything came on so suddenly. Didn't feel anything to warn me of this that I can think of.. Anyone know whats up? I haven't done **** for 5 weeks. Hardly feels any better. I kind of suspect tendonitis but didn't think i'd be out for this long. Don't know what else it could be though. How long will I be dealing with this?
    Sorry if I'm scaring you but sounds pretty serious/abnormal.. Go see a doctor!! Hope it's alright :S
    Started and can't stop. Scratch that. Will NEVER stop.

    Swoldier Nation
    "Last set best set" - Steve Cook

    But when youre out there partying, horsing around, someone out there at the same time is working hard. Someone is getting smarter and someone is winning. Just remember that. Now, if you want to coast through life, dont pay attention to any of those rules. But if you want to win, there is absolutely no way around hard, hard work. - Arnie
    Reply With Quote

  2. #302
    Registered User JoshLifts123's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2014
    Posts: 10
    Rep Power: 0
    JoshLifts123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    JoshLifts123 is offline
    GOOON SNAP YO **** UP

    liek i hav (srs)
    Reply With Quote

  3. #303
    Registered User TitanLifting84's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2014
    Location: United States
    Posts: 24
    Rep Power: 0
    TitanLifting84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    TitanLifting84 is offline
    I was deadlifting yesterday and I when I did my first couple reps I was fine then I jerked up when I was on my last rep and did something to my lower back do you know what I should do cause I have football this afternoon?
    Reply With Quote

  4. #304
    Registered User jlai928's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2013
    Location: Hong Kong
    Age: 23
    Posts: 347
    Rep Power: 138
    jlai928 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jlai928 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jlai928 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jlai928 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jlai928 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jlai928 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jlai928 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jlai928 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jlai928 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jlai928 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jlai928 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    jlai928 is offline
    Originally Posted by TitanLifting84 View Post
    I was deadlifting yesterday and I when I did my first couple reps I was fine then I jerked up when I was on my last rep and did something to my lower back do you know what I should do cause I have football this afternoon?
    Happened to me brah..

    Just rest, if it hurts too much don't do football but take it easy regardless if you do. All you can do is rest and don't strain it. I gave mine only 2 days then started deadlifting again and pulled it for the second time so more rest is better than gtting back into it in a hurry. Avoid working lower back in the mean time.
    Started and can't stop. Scratch that. Will NEVER stop.

    Swoldier Nation
    "Last set best set" - Steve Cook

    But when youre out there partying, horsing around, someone out there at the same time is working hard. Someone is getting smarter and someone is winning. Just remember that. Now, if you want to coast through life, dont pay attention to any of those rules. But if you want to win, there is absolutely no way around hard, hard work. - Arnie
    Reply With Quote

  5. #305
    Natty pro someday... SammyJr's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2010
    Location: United States,, Miami, FL NOT, Zimbabwe
    Age: 26
    Posts: 14,925
    Rep Power: 40918
    SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    SammyJr is offline
    ty for the thread... i really need some advice on what to do...



    i went pretty much uninjured for a long time. Late March, the beginning of prep for my 2nd show, destroyed my hamstring tendon at the gym doing hamstring isolation stuff. Crutches for 2 weeks, no lifting for 6 weeks (but did rehab after 3 weeks).. lost a TON of size in my right leg. tried going heavy for 6 weeks b/c i really wanted to compete but the tendon just was not healing, and doing isolation stuff, the tendon was still extremely weak and felt pain lifting anything over 5 lbs. yet i could do 130 lb lunges with no pain... anyway.. just quit all my leg workouts 2 weeks ago after i realized the tendon just was not healing and the leg was not growing. now i quit the prep, will focus on only rehab and getting the tendon better. going to a sports med doctor in a few days

    now, for the past month i've been feeling unusual chest tightness/ slight strain anytime I work my chest. It tends to click when on the negative portion of a rep, and then it ends up feeling exhausted very quickly. it's now weaker than the right pec.. I've tried stretching/foam rolling, but it keeps coming back when I go back to doing chest, even doing light weight I can feel the imbalance in the pecs. No pain at all but it's annoying and abnormal..

    now just today I tried doing 30 lb lateral raises instead of 25 lb (haven't done 30 lb in like a year)... felt a weird pop in my right delt, no pain but weird feeling. it feels weird right now too when I do the lateral raise motion with my hand. I tried doing shrugs/lat pulldowns and they both made my delt felt uncomfortable/like it would pop again.. then doing reverse lat pulldowns, my other delt, left delt (the rear delt tho) was feeling a little pain when bringing the bar all the way down.



    so yeah.. wtf is wrong with me right now. i feel like all of a sudden im made of glass. and its scary. ive been lifting 5 years, only took like 1 week off max so far every 8 weeks. I've never taken over a week off really. some people tell me last year when I was near contest shape for 4 months really messed me up and is the reason I'm getting all these problems right now. I'm still lean by most people's standards. look at avi, that's pretty much what I look like now.. 18 lbs above stage weight.

    I was thinking, should I take a whole month off all lifting? combined with foam rolling every muscle a few times a week and stretching every day?
    Full Blown Baby
    Kevin Levrone 100 lbs in my face

    Medical Student - Class of 2021 ! :)
    Reply With Quote

  6. #306
    Registered User Noobontheblock's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2013
    Posts: 268
    Rep Power: 137
    Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Noobontheblock is offline
    really good post.. this will surely prevent me from injuriess
    Reply With Quote

  7. #307
    Physiotherapist Fresch's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2001
    Location: Wollongong, NSW, Australia
    Posts: 4,682
    Rep Power: 6210
    Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Fresch is offline
    Originally Posted by SammyJr View Post
    ty for the thread... i really need some advice on what to do...



    i went pretty much uninjured for a long time. Late March, the beginning of prep for my 2nd show, destroyed my hamstring tendon at the gym doing hamstring isolation stuff. Crutches for 2 weeks, no lifting for 6 weeks (but did rehab after 3 weeks).. lost a TON of size in my right leg. tried going heavy for 6 weeks b/c i really wanted to compete but the tendon just was not healing, and doing isolation stuff, the tendon was still extremely weak and felt pain lifting anything over 5 lbs. yet i could do 130 lb lunges with no pain... anyway.. just quit all my leg workouts 2 weeks ago after i realized the tendon just was not healing and the leg was not growing. now i quit the prep, will focus on only rehab and getting the tendon better. going to a sports med doctor in a few days

    now, for the past month i've been feeling unusual chest tightness/ slight strain anytime I work my chest. It tends to click when on the negative portion of a rep, and then it ends up feeling exhausted very quickly. it's now weaker than the right pec.. I've tried stretching/foam rolling, but it keeps coming back when I go back to doing chest, even doing light weight I can feel the imbalance in the pecs. No pain at all but it's annoying and abnormal..

    now just today I tried doing 30 lb lateral raises instead of 25 lb (haven't done 30 lb in like a year)... felt a weird pop in my right delt, no pain but weird feeling. it feels weird right now too when I do the lateral raise motion with my hand. I tried doing shrugs/lat pulldowns and they both made my delt felt uncomfortable/like it would pop again.. then doing reverse lat pulldowns, my other delt, left delt (the rear delt tho) was feeling a little pain when bringing the bar all the way down.



    so yeah.. wtf is wrong with me right now. i feel like all of a sudden im made of glass. and its scary. ive been lifting 5 years, only took like 1 week off max so far every 8 weeks. I've never taken over a week off really. some people tell me last year when I was near contest shape for 4 months really messed me up and is the reason I'm getting all these problems right now. I'm still lean by most people's standards. look at avi, that's pretty much what I look like now.. 18 lbs above stage weight.

    I was thinking, should I take a whole month off all lifting? combined with foam rolling every muscle a few times a week and stretching every day?
    Seeing the Sports Med Doctor sounds like the best thing at this stage - get a review by an expert!!

    Report back his findings
    The science is out there!
    www.movementandperformance.com.au
    https://www.facebook.com/the.gym.physio/
    Reply With Quote

  8. #308
    Registered User 95builder's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2012
    Age: 25
    Posts: 57
    Rep Power: 0
    95builder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 95builder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 95builder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 95builder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 95builder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 95builder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 95builder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 95builder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    95builder is offline

    Unhappy dislocated shoulder

    Yesterday was my last day on vacation and like an idiot I was trying to skim board for a few days. Well like I expected I got injured but I didn't think it'd be this bad. Luckily when i stood up after the fall in popped back in by itself so it wasn't fully out. A dislocated shoulder prevents me from doing so much especially in the gym and I an so angry. Im going to see an orthopedic soon for an mri. Anyone else ever had thus happen please reply
    Reply With Quote

  9. #309
    Physiotherapist Fresch's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2001
    Location: Wollongong, NSW, Australia
    Posts: 4,682
    Rep Power: 6210
    Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Fresch is offline
    Originally Posted by 95builder View Post
    Yesterday was my last day on vacation and like an idiot I was trying to skim board for a few days. Well like I expected I got injured but I didn't think it'd be this bad. Luckily when i stood up after the fall in popped back in by itself so it wasn't fully out. A dislocated shoulder prevents me from doing so much especially in the gym and I an so angry. Im going to see an orthopedic soon for an mri. Anyone else ever had thus happen please reply
    Have you started your rehab on the shoulder?? Or has the shoulder been immobilised??
    The science is out there!
    www.movementandperformance.com.au
    https://www.facebook.com/the.gym.physio/
    Reply With Quote

  10. #310
    Registered User 95builder's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2012
    Age: 25
    Posts: 57
    Rep Power: 0
    95builder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 95builder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 95builder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 95builder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 95builder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 95builder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 95builder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 95builder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    95builder is offline
    Originally Posted by Fresch View Post
    Have you started your rehab on the shoulder?? Or has the shoulder been immobilised??
    I'm currently immobilized in a sling. I had an X ray and they said everything looked good. I gave to go see a orthopedic now to check tissue and muscle. I can't imagine all the gains I'm going to lose it hurts
    Reply With Quote

  11. #311
    Registered User jzeltwanger's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2014
    Age: 24
    Posts: 71
    Rep Power: 81
    jzeltwanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jzeltwanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jzeltwanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jzeltwanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jzeltwanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jzeltwanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jzeltwanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jzeltwanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jzeltwanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jzeltwanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jzeltwanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    jzeltwanger is offline
    awesome thread man
    Reply With Quote

  12. #312
    Registered User chermanmal's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2014
    Age: 33
    Posts: 54
    Rep Power: 0
    chermanmal is not very well liked. (-100) chermanmal is not very well liked. (-100) chermanmal is not very well liked. (-100) chermanmal is not very well liked. (-100) chermanmal is not very well liked. (-100) chermanmal is not very well liked. (-100) chermanmal is not very well liked. (-100) chermanmal is not very well liked. (-100) chermanmal is not very well liked. (-100) chermanmal is not very well liked. (-100) chermanmal is not very well liked. (-100)
    chermanmal is offline
    i always injure my left shoulder when doing tricep pulldowns
    Reply With Quote

  13. #313
    Registered User Shado23459's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2014
    Age: 21
    Posts: 76
    Rep Power: 0
    Shado23459 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shado23459 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shado23459 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shado23459 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shado23459 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shado23459 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shado23459 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shado23459 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shado23459 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shado23459 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shado23459 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Shado23459 is offline
    Great thread.
    Reply With Quote

  14. #314
    Registered User Shado23459's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2014
    Age: 21
    Posts: 76
    Rep Power: 0
    Shado23459 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shado23459 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shado23459 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shado23459 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shado23459 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shado23459 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shado23459 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shado23459 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shado23459 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shado23459 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shado23459 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Shado23459 is offline
    good read
    Reply With Quote

  15. #315
    Registered User 95builder's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2012
    Age: 25
    Posts: 57
    Rep Power: 0
    95builder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 95builder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 95builder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 95builder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 95builder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 95builder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 95builder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 95builder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    95builder is offline

    Dislocated shoulder UPDATE

    So I've started physical therapy and she said it looks like nothing us torn and that my arm just needs rest and some PT. She cleared my to do legs, abs and walking cardio. No chest arms or shoulders (obviously) for at least another 2 or 3 weeks.
    Reply With Quote

  16. #316
    Registered User Gilooo's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2011
    Location: Canada
    Age: 25
    Posts: 403
    Rep Power: 155
    Gilooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gilooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gilooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gilooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gilooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gilooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gilooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gilooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gilooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gilooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gilooo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Gilooo is offline

    Osteochondritis dissecans (OCD)

    So, I have osteochondritis dissecans (OCD), in BOTH my knees AND shoulders and the pain is a b*tch... Doctor told me I was generically predisposed.

    I was wondering if anyone else had/has OCD? Did it require surgery/how was the wait/how was it treated/is the pain persisting/how was recovery/anything you can't do anymore/etc.

    I'll be posting my MRI pics along with updates on my own post!
    You miss 100% of the shots you never take. Wayne Gretzky
    Reply With Quote

  17. #317
    Physiotherapist Fresch's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2001
    Location: Wollongong, NSW, Australia
    Posts: 4,682
    Rep Power: 6210
    Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Fresch is offline
    Originally Posted by 95builder View Post
    I'm currently immobilized in a sling. I had an X ray and they said everything looked good. I gave to go see a orthopedic now to check tissue and muscle. I can't imagine all the gains I'm going to lose it hurts
    And the results are??
    The science is out there!
    www.movementandperformance.com.au
    https://www.facebook.com/the.gym.physio/
    Reply With Quote

  18. #318
    Physiotherapist Fresch's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2001
    Location: Wollongong, NSW, Australia
    Posts: 4,682
    Rep Power: 6210
    Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Fresch is offline
    Originally Posted by Gilooo View Post
    So, I have osteochondritis dissecans (OCD), in BOTH my knees AND shoulders and the pain is a b*tch... Doctor told me I was generically predisposed.

    I was wondering if anyone else had/has OCD? Did it require surgery/how was the wait/how was it treated/is the pain persisting/how was recovery/anything you can't do anymore/etc.

    I'll be posting my MRI pics along with updates on my own post!
    If there are multiple floating fragments in the joint then surgery is often advised to remove them and clean out the joint.
    If the attachment of a ligament or muscle has become detached, it may need to be pinned back into place, although sometimes rest/bracing can be adequate.
    I assume you have consulted a paediatrician and/or orthopaedic surgeon?
    The science is out there!
    www.movementandperformance.com.au
    https://www.facebook.com/the.gym.physio/
    Reply With Quote

  19. #319
    Banned Spartanize's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2014
    Posts: 2,789
    Rep Power: 0
    Spartanize Spartanize Spartanize Spartanize Spartanize Spartanize Spartanize Spartanize Spartanize Spartanize Spartanize
    Spartanize is offline
    I did lat pulldown and dumbbell bench press. My lower back is stiff af. I think it might be muscle spasms. What do? How long until I can lift again. I can't be 120 something pounds forever.
    Reply With Quote

  20. #320
    Registered User harrynguyen's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2014
    Posts: 1
    Rep Power: 0
    harrynguyen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    harrynguyen is offline
    really good post.. this will surely prevent me from injuriess
    Reply With Quote

  21. #321
    Registered User OmarElBanna's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2014
    Age: 21
    Posts: 5
    Rep Power: 0
    OmarElBanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    OmarElBanna is offline
    Quick question, i injured my wrist doing incline barbell bench months ago. it was so bad i couldnt lift anything at all. So i rested for a week, then started lifting lightly again. The pain starting fading in all my exercises (now i dont feel it at all) except in any bicep workouts. It hurts when i supinate my writs and that pain continues for a minute or so after each set. So what should i do now regarding bicep training? any suggestions please?
    Reply With Quote

  22. #322
    Physiotherapist Fresch's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2001
    Location: Wollongong, NSW, Australia
    Posts: 4,682
    Rep Power: 6210
    Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Fresch is offline
    Originally Posted by OmarElBanna View Post
    Quick question, i injured my wrist doing incline barbell bench months ago. it was so bad i couldnt lift anything at all. So i rested for a week, then started lifting lightly again. The pain starting fading in all my exercises (now i dont feel it at all) except in any bicep workouts. It hurts when i supinate my writs and that pain continues for a minute or so after each set. So what should i do now regarding bicep training? any suggestions please?
    Perhaps get the wrist injury diagnosed first?
    The science is out there!
    www.movementandperformance.com.au
    https://www.facebook.com/the.gym.physio/
    Reply With Quote

  23. #323
    Registered User rdxmuscle's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2013
    Posts: 96
    Rep Power: 0
    rdxmuscle is not very well liked. (-100) rdxmuscle is not very well liked. (-100) rdxmuscle is not very well liked. (-100) rdxmuscle is not very well liked. (-100) rdxmuscle is not very well liked. (-100) rdxmuscle is not very well liked. (-100) rdxmuscle is not very well liked. (-100) rdxmuscle is not very well liked. (-100) rdxmuscle is not very well liked. (-100) rdxmuscle is not very well liked. (-100) rdxmuscle is not very well liked. (-100)
    rdxmuscle is offline
    Originally Posted by OmarElBanna View Post
    Quick question, i injured my wrist doing incline barbell bench months ago. it was so bad i couldnt lift anything at all. So i rested for a week, then started lifting lightly again. The pain starting fading in all my exercises (now i dont feel it at all) except in any bicep workouts. It hurts when i supinate my writs and that pain continues for a minute or so after each set. So what should i do now regarding bicep training? any suggestions please?

    Use wrist support at all times!!!!
    Reply With Quote

  24. #324
    Registered User Bubrubb's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2014
    Age: 23
    Posts: 50
    Rep Power: 0
    Bubrubb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bubrubb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Bubrubb is offline
    What about when one of your joints (in my case, my right wrist) has been hurting consistently with or without rest? Lately i've just said phuck it and have been doing my normal bulk workouts (high weight low reps), and it hurts sometimes during my lifts, but mainly afterwards. I got this injury from boxing. Jammed my wrist hitting a heavy bag and it's been messed up ever since. And it only hurts in one specific area, directly under my thumb.
    BULKING
    Start: August 15th
    End: ________
    Weight: 165
    Bench: 225
    Hangclean:195
    Powerclean:205
    Squat: 345
    Reply With Quote

  25. #325
    Registered User Twistedmetalist's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2012
    Age: 26
    Posts: 323
    Rep Power: 130
    Twistedmetalist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Twistedmetalist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Twistedmetalist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Twistedmetalist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Twistedmetalist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Twistedmetalist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Twistedmetalist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Twistedmetalist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Twistedmetalist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Twistedmetalist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Twistedmetalist is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Twistedmetalist is offline
    so I've had this problem around 7 1/2 months and it has put a huge strain on my lifting life and really its bothersome in life in general, I slept all my arm one day the whole entire day from being sick, I'm a side sleeper and I had a bit of tingle in my arm the next day and several after, I went to the gym a couple days later and it didn't help of course and since then it has spread into my jaw tingling and also has the bottom of my eye twitching. I also get some lat discomfort on my right side along with a weird feeling up by my color bone also a weird feeling when swallowing, my upper right side of my back pop constantly when I breath in, I've been seeing a chiro but no major changes so far, any thoughts weird be greatly appreciated, thanks.
    "Lifes not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning how to dance in the rain,so dance motha****a dance"

    "Your greatest hour will come right after your worst hour of despair. That is when you'll find out who you truly are."

    Starting Weight July 2011 - 295lbs

    Current Weight July 9th 2012 - 184lbs

    Follow My diet - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Twistedmetalist
    Reply With Quote

  26. #326
    Registered User stretchmarkshop's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2014
    Age: 30
    Posts: 51
    Rep Power: 80
    stretchmarkshop is on a distinguished road. (+10) stretchmarkshop is on a distinguished road. (+10) stretchmarkshop is on a distinguished road. (+10) stretchmarkshop is on a distinguished road. (+10) stretchmarkshop is on a distinguished road. (+10) stretchmarkshop is on a distinguished road. (+10) stretchmarkshop is on a distinguished road. (+10) stretchmarkshop is on a distinguished road. (+10) stretchmarkshop is on a distinguished road. (+10) stretchmarkshop is on a distinguished road. (+10) stretchmarkshop is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    stretchmarkshop is offline
    thanks at OP
    Reply With Quote

  27. #327
    Registered User Saintsqc's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2010
    Age: 28
    Posts: 5,663
    Rep Power: 15411
    Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Saintsqc is offline
    Originally Posted by Bubrubb View Post
    What about when one of your joints (in my case, my right wrist) has been hurting consistently with or without rest? Lately i've just said phuck it and have been doing my normal bulk workouts (high weight low reps), and it hurts sometimes during my lifts, but mainly afterwards. I got this injury from boxing. Jammed my wrist hitting a heavy bag and it's been messed up ever since. And it only hurts in one specific area, directly under my thumb.
    It sounds like a ligament injury. You strained something hitting that bag and it didnt heal yet. Ligament take a while to heal. I've sprained my thumb 2 years ago and it's not fully heal!

    2 days of rest wont make it lol. You might need a week or even a couple of weeks to clearly see a difference.

    Every time you lift and it hurt (during lifting), it's like if you were damaging your wrist even more. It's like micro-damage that imper your recovery, slow down the process. Every time your wrist hurt after a training, you know it's been hard on your wrist and now tissues are swelling.

    My advice, find a way so it doesnt hurt anymore when you lift, and find a way so it barely hurt after a training. Taping your wrist/thumb will probably help. Go see a physiotherapist, check out on internet or talk with boxing coaches. It's probably common among boxers. A taping will do the job of your injuried ligaments. Also, avoid any exercise that cause pain. Maybe you should stop doing bench press, over head press, front/side raises, etc. Or do these exercises with a taping and see if it helps. Use straps when doing back. Maybe it's time to focus on your legs and you cardio ?

    Let your wrist heal for 1-2 weeks. If pain is decreasing, you know you are doing something right

    Originally Posted by Twistedmetalist View Post
    so I've had this problem around 7 1/2 months and it has put a huge strain on my lifting life and really its bothersome in life in general, I slept all my arm one day the whole entire day from being sick, I'm a side sleeper and I had a bit of tingle in my arm the next day and several after, I went to the gym a couple days later and it didn't help of course and since then it has spread into my jaw tingling and also has the bottom of my eye twitching. I also get some lat discomfort on my right side along with a weird feeling up by my color bone also a weird feeling when swallowing, my upper right side of my back pop constantly when I breath in, I've been seeing a chiro but no major changes so far, any thoughts weird be greatly appreciated, thanks.
    It's time to see a doctor, a real doctoc, not a chiro.
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

    OW log :
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149575693&p=977696913#post977696913

    Competition lift : 212 kg total (95/117) @ 77 kg
    Reply With Quote

  28. #328
    Registered User Jphoenix97's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2014
    Age: 23
    Posts: 20
    Rep Power: 0
    Jphoenix97 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jphoenix97 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jphoenix97 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jphoenix97 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jphoenix97 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jphoenix97 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jphoenix97 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jphoenix97 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jphoenix97 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jphoenix97 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jphoenix97 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Jphoenix97 is offline
    Hey guys looking for some advice. even before I started lifting weights I've had problems with my left shoulder having pain that would come from the top centre and extend right down to my hand a sharp pain at the top and kind of an electric feeling as it goes down my arm.

    Anyway ever since I've been lifting it's been really halting my progress in terms of chest and shoulder work especially lately so I'll get onto the bench and do my first few sets fine but =then as i get into the fourth my left arm just completely spazzes out like it starts shaking and i cant even lift with it the weight isn't too heavy its just my shoulder locks up.

    I've had my form looked at by 4 pt's all who'm I trust a lot and they've said it's perfect for stuff like bench and shoulder press and I've had it looked at by a doctor and a physiotherapist they haven't been able to figure it out but they have found that when I move my arm out or above my head it makes a cracking sound I've had X-rays and they've shown nothing though.

    Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue and has any ideas what it could be maybe so I could ask the doctor about it?

    Thanks!
    Reply With Quote

  29. #329
    Registered User farhan713's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2008
    Age: 39
    Posts: 57
    Rep Power: 149
    farhan713 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) farhan713 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) farhan713 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) farhan713 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) farhan713 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) farhan713 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) farhan713 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) farhan713 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) farhan713 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) farhan713 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) farhan713 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    farhan713 is offline
    take the time off from the gym if u have to. i lifted for 7-8 months in pain but couldnt carry on. had to take a break. so earlier the better.
    Reply With Quote

  30. #330
    Physiotherapist Fresch's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2001
    Location: Wollongong, NSW, Australia
    Posts: 4,682
    Rep Power: 6210
    Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Fresch is offline
    Originally Posted by Jphoenix97 View Post
    Hey guys looking for some advice. even before I started lifting weights I've had problems with my left shoulder having pain that would come from the top centre and extend right down to my hand a sharp pain at the top and kind of an electric feeling as it goes down my arm.

    Anyway ever since I've been lifting it's been really halting my progress in terms of chest and shoulder work especially lately so I'll get onto the bench and do my first few sets fine but =then as i get into the fourth my left arm just completely spazzes out like it starts shaking and i cant even lift with it the weight isn't too heavy its just my shoulder locks up.

    I've had my form looked at by 4 pt's all who'm I trust a lot and they've said it's perfect for stuff like bench and shoulder press and I've had it looked at by a doctor and a physiotherapist they haven't been able to figure it out but they have found that when I move my arm out or above my head it makes a cracking sound I've had X-rays and they've shown nothing though.

    Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue and has any ideas what it could be maybe so I could ask the doctor about it?

    Thanks!
    Sounds like a nerve compression / irritation type of sensation. Have you been checked for any type of nerve compression or neural limitation?? What part of the body was X-rayed??
    The science is out there!
    www.movementandperformance.com.au
    https://www.facebook.com/the.gym.physio/
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts