Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Registered User GetYourShineBox's Avatar
    GetYourShineBox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetYourShineBox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetYourShineBox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetYourShineBox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetYourShineBox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetYourShineBox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetYourShineBox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetYourShineBox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetYourShineBox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetYourShineBox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetYourShineBox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Six Star Testosterone Booster Review/Log

I have been contemplating the idea of using a test booster for a couple of months. The rationale, I am approaching 40 and just got back into the gym after a few years out (marriage, 2 kids and a demanding career). I "feel" like my test has dropped a bit (no lab work done however) because of general lack of energy later in the day, I have put on some weight mainly in the midsection, etc. Based on this, I figured I might be an ideal candidate for a test booster.

I have looked at most of the popular test boosters but decided on the Six Star because for under $10, I figured it was worth a whirl combined. In addition, the fact that the main "boosting" ingredient is Boron which has clinical backing as a test booster was persuasive. I plan on running at least a 60 day cycle (that will be 4 bottles - 60 in each at 4 a day) for a total investment of $40.00 - less than 1 bottle of many of the other popular choices.

I began this cycle on Dec 24th, 2012. These are my thoughts thus far, more to follow.

Log--

Dec 24th- Work out in the AM. Bought the supplement in the afternoons and took half of the daily dose. I developed a headache shortly thereafter (<2 hours). I wrote the headache off to holiday stress, etc. Also, had sex that night and had the following effects (1) delayed "finishing"---felt like I could go all night (this drew a comment from the wife) and (2) recovered quickly and was able to go again. For those of you in my age range, you know that you don't recover as quickly for 2nd's---so this was a pleasant effect.

Dec 25th- Took both doses (2 pills, 2 a day) and once again had a headache. This time it was much more dull than the previous day. No other effects to report.

Dec 26th- AM work out (shoulders) due to day off. Typically I work out PM (after kiddies are in bed, etc). Had a great workout, lots of energy and willingness to continue. Heck, I even did a leg work out, which I have been avoiding like the plague. Not sure if the gym energy it was due to the test booster--I kind of doubt it after only a few days. I think it had more to do with the fact that it was in the AM when I was fresh as opposed to 10 pm when I am normally at it. Didn't have a headache today.

Dec 27th- Developed a headache again today--much like the first day of dosing. Also, noticed I was a bit agitated all day--typical effect from a test booster. Not sure if the test booster caused the agitation/rage or if it was due to the fact I was back at work after the long holiday. I tend to think it may have been the test booster as I had an otherwise easy day at the office (I am a lawyer).

That is my first few days---more to follow.

GetYourShineBox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetYourShineBox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetYourShineBox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetYourShineBox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetYourShineBox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetYourShineBox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetYourShineBox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetYourShineBox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetYourShineBox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetYourShineBox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetYourShineBox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Dec 27th, PM and Dec 28th

Dec 27th (cont)-

Took the PM dose with dinner (around 8pm) and had an urge around 9:30 to do some cardio at home so I did for an hour. I felt really energized all day and was ready for the cardio. When I got done with that felt like I had tons of energy to spare so did a bunch of stuff around the house. Great feeling--lots of energy today.

Dec 28th-

Woke up from the best nights sleep in ages. Felt really rested and woke up with as much energy as a went to bed with. To the AM dose with my protein shake and had lots of energy all day. Got another headache after the pm dose---but advil took it away. Not sure if the supp is causing the headaches or not but they haven't been with every dose so I am kind of doubting it. No work out today.

Dec 29th-

9am work out. Noticed a lot more sweating that usual, lots of energy and pushed through some tough sets (back and chest today). Turned into a 2 hour workout (usually I go an hour or hour 15..had plenty of energy for it. Energy was up all day..
    Last edited by GetYourShineBox; 12-30-2012 at 06:44 PM.

Sun Dec 30th..

No work out today...Back at it in the am....

My energy level continues to be good all day....Had a little rage again today...Coming up on a week on this supp...will do a full week 1 wrap tomorrow.

Week 1 Wrap Up-

So I began then end of my first week on this supp with an am workout. Things went well at the gym again. I had lots of energy and push through on some new bi/tri exercises. Had plenty of energy/endurance for 1.5 hours.

My thoughts after one week of this supp are: my energy level is way up (has been all week) haven't felt tired or unmotivated to hit the gym. I have had some (2 of last 3 days) rage/aggression. Both are typical of most test boosters--although I can't say for sure that it is due to the supplement.

I haven't seen an increase in libido---although I typically don't have an issue with that. The maker claims it can boost free test in just 7 days. Has it boosted my t-levels? Did not have any medicals done so can't say for sure but the empirical evidence (some rage/aggression esp towards the end of week one and an abundance of energy) seems to suggest perhaps my t-level have increased.

Side effects- other that the headaches the first few days, which have since disappeared, I haven't had any side effect.

Bottom line thus far is my energy is up and I feel totally motivated when at the gym and otherwise.

I will continue with this product for the 60 day cycle.

Quick Note: for the sake of completeness here is a list of the other supplements I am on: 1. ON Pro Complex (post work out etc) 2. ON - Opti Men Multi Vitamin 3. L Glutamine (pre-and post work out) 4. Creatine Mono (5g a day).

I was taking all of these pre-test booster.

Jan 2 and 3

Not much new to report. Energy level is still up---had a good workout yesterday (shoulders / traps) - seeing an increase in the amounts I am lifting and the duration of my works out.

So far so good --- no adverse effects to report.

Jan 4th-- great chest/back workout tonight...really was able to push things and it turned into a two hour work out.

Also, been experimenting with the timing of my doses (2 daily). I have found that 1 dose in the am with breakfast and the other in the afternoon with my pm snack (between 3:30 - 4:30) really seems to work best as I get the energy all day with this configuration.

Monday will be three weeks on this supp...so far increased energy and stamina in the gym have been what I have noticed most. Wife also commented today that I am looking leaner.

jaredanthony has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredanthony has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredanthony has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredanthony has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredanthony has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredanthony has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredanthony has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredanthony has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredanthony has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredanthony has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredanthony has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I noticed the irritability too...also, accompanied by sometimes apathy,or no stress/worries. But no headaches for me. I have never really gotten headaches though ...I love water. The crap.they ave to use to create the actual pill/ chalk might be doing that too. Eat food with it and try adding 48 oz (3 bottles) of water to your daily diet.

Good tip...

I've upped my water intake from about 64oz a day to 100-120. Haven't had any headaches since.

How long have you been taking this? I'm coming up on three weeks.

Any benefits you are seeing?

Originally Posted by jaredanthony View Post
    I noticed the irritability too...also, accompanied by sometimes apathy,or no stress/worries. But no headaches for me. I have never really gotten headaches though ...I love water. The crap.they ave to use to create the actual pill/ chalk might be doing that too. Eat food with it and try adding 48 oz (3 bottles) of water to your daily diet.

jaredanthony has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredanthony has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredanthony has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredanthony has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredanthony has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredanthony has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredanthony has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredanthony has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredanthony has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredanthony has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredanthony has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by GetYourShineBox View Post
    I've upped my water intake from about 64oz a day to 100-120. Haven't had any headaches since.

How long have you been taking this? I'm coming up on three weeks.

Any benefits you are seeing?
    I orinally was going to say add 64 oz as well. I wrote my own review, link below.
    h
    ttp://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150893853

I had to mess with the link because BB . Com wouldn't let me post it otherwise (low post count.)

Interesting that you mention acne

I've been having terrible breakout on my back and arms like I was 18 again (I am zeroing in on 40)-- wife mentioned it today.

The only regret I have had so far is that I didn't do medicals pre test to see if there was an actual test boost--empirical evidence seems to suggest it however.

I am gonna do my three week review tomorrow.

How long do you plan to run this? The instructions dont say anything about it

Originally Posted by jaredanthony View Post
    I orinally was going to say add 64 oz as well. I wrote my own review, link below.
    h
    ttp://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150893853

I had to mess with the link because BB . Com wouldn't let me post it otherwise (low post count.)

Originally Posted by GetYourShineBox View Post
    I've been having terrible breakout on my back and arms like I was 18 again (I am zeroing in on 40)-- wife mentioned it today.

The only regret I have had so far is that I didn't do medicals pre test to see if there was an actual test boost--empirical evidence seems to suggest it however.

I am gonna do my three week review tomorrow.

How long do you plan to run this? The instructions dont say anything about it
    I want to see if I can control the acne with the dermatologist again. So about 4 more months probably, that makes a total of 7 months.

Week 3 Review

Well it has been three weeks on this supplement and 1 bottle down. Starting the 2nd in the am.

Finished the 3rd week with the best arm/tri workout since getting back into the gym in mid November. Really pushed thing, esp with the tris and my are felt and looked swoll as hell.

So far so good! Well worth the $20 investment thus far.

Results----

I have noticed the following:

1. strength increases in the gym (esp last week or so);
    2. lots of energy--haven't had this much since my late 20's (I am in my late 30's);
    3. not only energy but a desire to get things done;
    4. looking leaner (new suits bought a few months ago--the pants are practically falling off the waist;
    5. Alpha male feeling (not all days --- some more than others)

Side effects:

1. body acne back/arms/chest -- bought some OTC meds to help with it;
    2. headaches in the beginning---resolved by upping daily water intake from 64oz to 128oz (+/-)
    3. Days where I have rage/irritability---not all days

Suggestions:

Take lots of water with this supplement---good idea anyway but I had headaches at 1st until I upped water intake;

Take 1 dose in the am (with breakfast) and the other in late afternoon (3-4pm) to keep the energy going all day.

Combine with a workout regiment, multivitamin and a solid diet. (I am also on creatine, protein (200g a day min)--food and supplementation, L-Glutamine and Fish Oil)

Enjoy! (I'll continue to update while I am on this supp. I figure at least another 45 days)

Been down and out since Tuesday with a cold. Managed to get to the gym this AM, only 2nd work out this week.

Less then stellar today---still feeling the effects of the cold. Hoping to take it easy the rest of today, tomorrow and get back after it Monday.

Strongtower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awesome report. Me and my wife do Insanity 5 days a week and on 5th day I lift weights. Anyway I don't feel lethargic working out but I do throughout the day so will try this product. I love six star proteinshake so will try this product. Seems like it has good reviews. Talked to a trainer who runs 10 miles a day and said I am always tired so he said I bet your testosterone is low.

I will try it and give a report back later. I'm 36 FYI

Thanks for the kind words.

For the 10 bucks its worth a shot. Hopefully, it will work for you as well.

Split the doses 1 with breakfast and the other in late afternoon and you should have all day energy.

Let me know how it works out for you.

QUOTE=Strongtower;1009282843]Awesome report. Me and my wife do Insanity 5 days a week and on 5th day I lift weights. Anyway I don't feel lethargic working out but I do throughout the day so will try this product. I love six star proteinshake so will try this product. Seems like it has good reviews. Talked to a trainer who runs 10 miles a day and said I am always tired so he said I bet your testosterone is low.

I will try it and give a report back later. I'm 36 FYI[/QUOTE]

week 4 begins

To my surprise had my weekly weigh in this am and I am down 4.4 lbs for the week. Being sick has its benefits I guess.

Trying to cut down to 207-209 before bulking back up, hopefully with 12-14 lbs of lean muscle.

Skipped the am dose of the Supp yesterday. But took it this am and had a rare am weekday workout.

Strength was right there but I did get fatigued a littler earlier than I have been....I write that off to coming back from being sick.

Looking forward to my next workout Wednesday!

Well I didn't expect six star to act this fast therefore didn't expect to make a post this soon but here it goes. Started taking pills yesterday around 4 pm and within less than an hour I started feeling the effects. I felt a lot of energy but had an after effect I didn't like. I felt like I took 4-5 ephedrine pills or something. Was wired all night but did sleep through the night. Only side effect was I got cramps in my feet but it was due to me being so wired. I couldn't wait to wake up to do insanity. I woke up and tok my morning dose and worked out. Three things I noticed.
    1. I never sweat during warm up but do in the middle when I stretch. Well I noticed I began sweating during second phase of warm ups which there are three warm ups.
    2. next thing I noticed was the pills boosted my metabolism way up because after I work outi take a shower then eat breakfast to cool down then go to work. Well it took forever to cool down because I was still burning calories
    3. During the night and morning I felt anxious and wired but after the workout I felt very good and alert.

Side effects - only thing I got was cramps in my feet but didn't have that today. Also I didn't get any headaches but did drink a lot of water

My only recommendation is if you don't workout I would not do these pills. You have to have some kind of release from this energy you will have

sounds like a good start...

I noticed increased sweating as well---I really hardly ever sweat but definitely do so on this supp.

My first few days I had a medicine head feeling but it quickly went away in a day or so.

Good luck. Let us know how things continue to go.

update

Not much new to report. Energy is still way up no new side effects rs to report.

Really hitting my stride at the gym, lifting heavier on all exercises.

Leaning out nicely, only 5 more lbs till I hit my goal for this cut.

I gave myself until the end of Feb to hit my goal..on track to hit it.

Update week later

1. Energy is way up
    2. I have no more ephedrine type feel anymore
    3. No side effects - no acne, sweating, headaches, cramps anything
    4. Sex is awesome
    5. Lost 5 pounds but I am on a low card diet with vigirous exercise and have been losing weight since end of last year so don't know if this six star aided in weight loss or not.
    6. I can't tell any difference in my work outs but main thing is the energy I have all day long
    7. Love the product so far and will continue to use it

Good stuff man...sounds like your experience is similar to mine...Keep up the good work and keep posting updates.

Week 5 Begins.

Energy is still way up.

No side effects other than a little back acne.

Making good strides in the gym. Strength is up.

I am leaning out slowly but surely and putting on some lean muscle.

All in all, loving this supplement. If nothing else, it has helped with my energy and focus in the gym.

PS I see that Six Star has a new version of the test booster--saw it at WalMart the other day. It is a powder (not caplets) and I took a quick look at the ingredients and it looks like they have added tribulus. If I recall, it was $20 and only required 1 dose daily. Might give it a whirl after I finish what I have.

EML84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EML84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EML84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EML84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EML84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EML84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EML84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EML84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EML84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EML84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EML84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Things are going pretty well in here, but if you want a long-term effective supplement regime for testosterone, at your age, you could look into transdermal DHEA with some I3C for ensuring it converts more-so to testosterone than estrogen. Transdermal, in itself, is said to do this testosterone conversion much higher than oral DHEA. Just a thought. Cheap and effective!

EML84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EML84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EML84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EML84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EML84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EML84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EML84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EML84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EML84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EML84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EML84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Also, excellent screen name hahahaha! No more shines, Billy...

thanks for the advice...any links you can share...not familiar with transdermal DHEA

Just about another week on the books with this supplement. Another good week of workouts and high energy. Waiting to fall off the energy cliff but it hasn't happened yet..supplement is still working like a champ on the energy front.

My strength is definitely up and I really noticing the additional muscle in the upper body (back, shoulders, chest). Almost none of my clothes fit--pants are hanging off and a few shirts I bought right after the holidays are now really tight in the shoulders, back and arms.

I can't say it is all do to the test booster, as I have been eating well and hitting the gym hard. That said, I think the booster is definitely helping with the energy to get to the gym and the stamina to hit it hard once I am there.

Added cardio and ab work into the routine over the last week...time to kick this cut into high gear....about 7-8lbs and -8% BF from where I want to be before focusing on a bulk (10-12 lbs of lean muscle). The test booster makes it much easier to work out 5-6 days.

Not much has changed....Got terrible back acne again....and had some agitation over the last week.

Energy is still way up and stamina too. Has really helped since I added cardio and ab days in. Up to 5-6 days a week working out.

Have dropped 8 lbs (about 4% BF) since starting the supp on DEC 24TH, while maintaining muscle.

Nothing but good things to say about this supp.

Log Wrap Up----Final Entry

Well finished up my 4th bottle today - for a total of 60 days on this supplement. While the directions do not say you have to cycle off, I am doing so because most other Test Boosters suggest 8 week cycles - I think it is a good idea to cycle off most all supplements.

Overall, I am very impressed with the product. As I have written numerous times during this log, the supplement gave me tons of energy, focus and desire to hit the gym. For a total of $40 investment (less than 1 bottle of most other brands) I think I got great results.

As mentioned previously, I did not do have blood work drawn pre-supplement. However, I believe my test did increase based on some empirical evidence. First, my energy and stamina for the gym (and in general) were pretty much through the roof the entire time. One of the reasons I wanted to start a test boost was the sluggish feeling I was having, especially at towards the end of the day when I typically work out. My 9:30 to 11pm workout were a breeze on this supplement. Also, I had some acne break outs (including currently) on my back and arms and shoulders during this run. I also had days when I felt very alpha and days when I was easily agitated. I noticed that the agitation tended to be on days when I did not work out and less so on workout days. Strength increased very solidly during the run.

Physical results. I started on Dec 24th and was 222 lbs. Currently I am at 211.8, for a loss of about 1.25lbs a week. Note: I also followed a 2340 cal diet (200 grams protein a day) during this time period and progressed from working out 3 days a week (lifting) to 5 days (2 days cardio/abs). My body fat dropped about 5%. Biggest gain have been in tris and bis, back- shoulders and traps. For the first time in forever, I have some upper abs starting to peak out. Most of my clothes are falling off at the waist and are tight across the shoulders and back.

I hate to give the supplement up and fear my production will fall off. I plan on starting a pre-workout supplement (c4) to help out with energy and focus for the gym. Can't wait to start another 60 day cycle in about 30 days! Kudos to Six Star for putting out this great product at an awesome price point!