cstud1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

33, 5 foot 11 inch, 313 pound male Needs Advice

Just got back in the Gym and Dieting first week.........Diet is keeping Calories under 2k, No Sugar except for small amount in Coffee in the morning and Natural sugar in Fruits....Drinking Water only except for cup of coffee in the AM. Exercise is 25 minutes of Cardio and about 15 minutes of light weight Training power sets ..........Looking to take a over the counter Diet pill. Something to maybe speed up my metabolism why I sit at a Desk 10 hours a day. Any Help or Advice would be great.............Also this is my first week and I gained a pound on the scale. Any reason why? like I said Calorie Intake was cut big time and have been exercising while doing none previous. Thanks in Advance and everyone please send good vibes to the guy who is desperately trying to get his life back!

Thanks to the 50 people who looked who couldn't give any help or advice..

MrDanielRamos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrDanielRamos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrDanielRamos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrDanielRamos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrDanielRamos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrDanielRamos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrDanielRamos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrDanielRamos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrDanielRamos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrDanielRamos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrDanielRamos has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'll try to help. I've lost 95lbs in 5 in a half months.

1) Lowering calories won't help if your Diet isn't in check. Your body will compensate by holding onto more fat if you lower calories too much

2) Stop trying to focus on weight loss and see it as a lifestyle change. Losing weight is more than just cutting calories. It's eating healthier food options. Anyone can cut calories.

3) Keep it simple and aim for 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight. Fats and Carbs should be no more than 150 grams each for you. So roughly half your bodyweight for Carbs and Fats.

4) Set a goal such as building muscle. Your going to get a lot of beginner gains which basically means you will lose a lot of fat and build a lot of muscle quickly. Ex. Between 4-5 months.

5) Learn more about nutrition and lifting weights.

6) After you get more experience with lifting weights and nutrition, at least 6 months, THEN you can slowly cut calories. Specifically from carbs. Keep Protein and Fats high especially when dieting.

Good Luck and remember give your body at least 6 months to adjust to weight lifting before you try cutting calories.

Thanks I appreciate that.

holl0309 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) holl0309 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) holl0309 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) holl0309 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) holl0309 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) holl0309 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) holl0309 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) holl0309 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) holl0309 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) holl0309 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) holl0309 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by cstud1 View Post
    Thanks I appreciate that.

No magic pill is going to speed up your metabolism.

Keep your diet in check and the weight will fall off. I wouldn't worry about the 1lb gained. If you were truly in a deficit all week and continue you will probably have a whoosh and lose a few lbs soon.

teatime69 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    dude just diet and eat protein. no bs pills and ****

write2staceyz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) write2staceyz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) write2staceyz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) write2staceyz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) write2staceyz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) write2staceyz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) write2staceyz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) write2staceyz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) write2staceyz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) write2staceyz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) write2staceyz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I just started cutting too!

Have you drinked a lot of water. Water helps improve metabolism!

Oh, no, don't buy diet pills.

CarmenCrudup is not very well liked. (-100) CarmenCrudup is not very well liked. (-100) CarmenCrudup is not very well liked. (-100) CarmenCrudup is not very well liked. (-100) CarmenCrudup is not very well liked. (-100) CarmenCrudup is not very well liked. (-100) CarmenCrudup is not very well liked. (-100) CarmenCrudup is not very well liked. (-100) CarmenCrudup is not very well liked. (-100) CarmenCrudup is not very well liked. (-100) CarmenCrudup is not very well liked. (-100)
    Maintain a good lifestyle and diet and keep hitting the gym. If you keep doing that, you will hav your life back so soon Good luck and dont you give up bro

BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000) BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000) BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000) BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000) BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000) BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000) BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000) BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000) BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000) BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000) BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just got back in the Gym and Dieting first week.........Diet is keeping Calories under 2k[...]
    Don't start off too strict with calories. At 313 lb, you certainly have a lot of weight to lose. The problem comes in with being too strict, too quick. It inevitably leads to cheat meals, which crash everything. For reference, I'm 205 @ 5'9" and I eat about 2000-2,500 calories to cut. The main thing now is to be consistent, and be active on a daily basis.

Thanks to the 50 people who looked who couldn't give any help or advice..
    Don't be a dik. The 50 people that checked could have been chineese hackers for all your know. If you would have posted in the correct forum, you probably would have gotten more responses. This section is log your experiences with supplements, not ask questions.

Originally Posted by MrDanielRamos View Post
    I'll try to help. I've lost 95lbs in 5 in a half months.

1) Lowering calories won't help if your Diet isn't in check. Your body will compensate by holding onto more fat if you lower calories too much
    > This is horribly, horribly false. Your body can only burn fat in a caloric deficit. An excessive deficit may be unhealthy, but your body won't hold on to fat.

2) Stop trying to focus on weight loss and see it as a lifestyle change. Losing weight is more than just cutting calories. It's eating healthier food options. Anyone can cut calories.
    > Right idea about lifestyle, but complete broscience about calories. Calorie tracking is the most important thing. If he gets all of his carbs from poptarts, that's fine. At teh end of the day, calories need to be in check. After that comes tracking macros.

3) Keep it simple and aim for 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight. Fats and Carbs should be no more than 150 grams each for you. So roughly half your bodyweight for Carbs and Fats.
    >1 gram per lb of lean body mass, not weight. That would be a stupid (and useless) amount of protein. The minimum for fats is about 70g, the rest can be carbs.

4) Set a goal such as building muscle. Your going to get a lot of beginner gains which basically means you will lose a lot of fat and build a lot of muscle quickly. Ex. Between 4-5 months.

5) Learn more about nutrition and lifting weights.
    > This is good advice for you, too before you give our more advice.

6) After you get more experience with lifting weights and nutrition, at least 6 months, THEN you can slowly cut calories. Specifically from carbs. Keep Protein and Fats high especially when dieting.

>Where does 6 months come from? Why? Adjust after 2-4 weeks if there has been no change.

Good Luck and remember give your body at least 6 months to adjust to weight lifting before you try cutting calories.
    Originally Posted by holl0309 View Post
    No magic pill is going to speed up your metabolism.

Keep your diet in check and the weight will fall off. I wouldn't worry about the 1lb gained. If you were truly in a deficit all week and continue you will probably have a whoosh and lose a few lbs soon.
    ^ This. Diet pills sometimes help in surpressing appetite, but they don't really improve discipline. They won't speed up metabolism, either.
    Current Log | https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173823581
    Store Reviews | http://reviews.bodybuilding.com/supplement-reviews/brennanmwhite

MrDanielRamos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrDanielRamos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrDanielRamos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrDanielRamos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrDanielRamos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrDanielRamos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrDanielRamos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrDanielRamos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrDanielRamos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrDanielRamos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrDanielRamos has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Quote From BrennanMWhite:

1) This is horribly, horribly false. Your body can only burn fat in a caloric deficit. An excessive deficit may be unhealthy, but your body won't hold on to fat.

2)Right idea about lifestyle, but complete broscience about calories. Calorie tracking is the most important thing. If he gets all of his carbs from poptarts, that's fine. At teh end of the day, calories need to be in check. After that comes tracking macros.

3)1 gram per lb of lean body mass, not weight. That would be a stupid (and useless) amount of protein. The minimum for fats is about 70g, the rest can be carbs.

4)This is good advice for you, too before you give our more advice.

5)Where does 6 months come from? Why? Adjust after 2-4 weeks if there has been no change.

-----------------------------------------------

ANSWER:

1)OP was saying he was going to lower his calories further after bringing it down to under 2,000. He is 313 lbs I do not want him to ruin his metabolism by bringing his calories TOO LOW. Because you won't lose ANY fat with a ruined metabolism.

2) He is a BEGINNER. Let him get the beginner gains of losing weight and building muscle before you put him on IIFYM. All I'm saying is swap out certain carbs for healthier options, I'm not demonizing junk food or snacks I'm just telling him to minimize them.Example, swap fries for sweet potato fries or white rice for brown rice or have oatmeal instead of the Big Mac . If he wants to have a pop tart or cake sure have it but just don't get MOST of your carbs from junk food.

3) 1 gram of protein per lean body mass is a great recommendation also! I'm just giving a guideline that he can experiment with. It might be stupid to you but I've never seen anyone gain fat because of a high protein intake.So even if it's "useless" at least his calories came from protein.

4) I look good without my shirt, I am secure with myself, I have motivated people to lose weight through my weight loss of 100lbs in 6 months. I am successful and young. *You probably are rolling your eyes at this point* I know, I know all of this is subjective because to you I'm probably some "scrawny kid". But I've been in the OP's shoes so I speak from experience.Check out the pics on my page.

5) Again he is new to weightlifting and this lifestyle. Let his body adjust and adapt to lifting weights. 6 months is the perfect amount of time to look back and say "Wow I've come along way!"

> Sorry for the long post I just want to explain the reasoning behind my advice and recommendation.
    Last edited by MrDanielRamos; 06-14-2017 at 05:11 PM.

Jpm60621 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just got back in the Gym and Dieting first week.........Diet is keeping Calories under 2k, No Sugar except for small amount in Coffee in the morning and Natural sugar in Fruits....Drinking Water only except for cup of coffee in the AM. Exercise is 25 minutes of Cardio and about 15 minutes of light weight Training power sets ..........Looking to take a over the counter Diet pill. Something to maybe speed up my metabolism why I sit at a Desk 10 hours a day. Any Help or Advice would be great.............Also this is my first week and I gained a pound on the scale. Any reason why? like I said Calorie Intake was cut big time and have been exercising while doing none previous. Thanks in Advance and everyone please send good vibes to the guy who is desperately trying to get his life back!
    OK I've never tried losing 100 lbs but in my experience as your bodyfat decreases, it gets harder to lose. I did lose 25 lb in about 3 months. Here is what I did:

1. I did no cardio. I just lifted and did a ton of core work. My workouts were daily but no more than 1 hour long. I wasn't trying to burn calories during my workout, I was trying to build muscle.
    2. I did start moving around more. I was already coaching baseball but I was doing that at 210 lb too. I justs tarted taking stairs instead of elevators, etc.
    3. I cut out certain foods - especially soda or anything with sugar. I drank a ton of water and coffee with no sugar - cut the habit of sweetening your coffee. You'll get used to it eventually.
    4. I estimated my daily calorie burn at 2000 calories though I bet it was more. I tried to eat about 1500
    5. I tried various pills to curb appetite. They definitely helped. I was eating like 2 meals a day and I felt good. However, I did not have much energy in the gym.

Anyway in about 6 months, I went from 210 to 185 and a 6-pack. That's when I thought, damn, Im a skinny noy (I am 6'2). So I went the other way - eating tons and lifting hard. My energy shot way up. I lifted for 90 minutes 3 days a week and after 6 months, I was at 210 and similar body fat % (went from 10.8 -> 12.8% roughly). I feel and look great.

Good luck. This is just my story and not advice on what you should do.

Jim