Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    BlackSwan88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackSwan88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackSwan88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackSwan88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackSwan88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackSwan88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackSwan88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackSwan88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackSwan88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackSwan88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackSwan88 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Is having a Six Pack worth the cost? Honestly?

Merry Xmas everyone,

Ok, if you are reading this, I'm assuming you are probably in good if not excellent shape. I consider myself in that category. My primary goal for the New Year that I've set out for is to obtain a “six pack”. Presently, I have a lean stomach, and the beginnings of a”4 pack”. But I'm soliciting insights from those of you that either have a six pack, had them but lost them or tried to get them but gave up.

To me, they are the hallmark of health, the so called Holy Grail. But, to get them, takes a lot of effort..maybe too much effort. Let me explain, most of us have taken on a very healthy lifestyle. We eat lean, we work out and we don't do nasty things to our bodies. So, let's run down the reason we get in shape. To be healthy. Ok, I'm there. To be able to do more with our bodies. Yup, I can lift and run with the best of them now. Next, to look good. Honesty, and not being a jerk, as I'm among others like me, when I walk into a room, I'm "noticed" because I'm in excellent shape. So yup, check that off as well.

So then, why go for that one elusive goal? I mean really, how often do those of you who have them, get to show them off? I doubt you work out with your shirt off. Other than when you go to the beach, who really sees them? Your significant other perhaps, right? Which I'm sure he/she loves them.

At the end of the day, I figure I'd have to lose about 17 lbs based on my present body fat (about 10%) to get down to 8%. I figure I'd pretty much have to stick to chicken, vegetables and water. Then when I do get there, is that pretty much what I have to stay on to maintain? I'm saying this somewhat tongue in cheek, but overall, I'd like to hear from others on whether the end result was worth it. Remember, I've already reaped the benefits of good health, what I want to know is whether a six pack is worth it and is keeping them as difficult as I surmise?

Appreciate the feedback.

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why don't you get one, then decide whether it was worth it? When I have one I enjoy it. I bring it out for summer, and put it away for winter, like many others on here.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You do not have to live on chicken and vegetables to have a sixpack. I hardly even eat chicken or very much vegetables. I eat steak, fish, ground beef, roast beef, turkey, tuna, eggs, fruit, oatmeal, toast, and occassionaly cake/cookies. I don't have a sixpack right now, but I am well on my way back to one and will be there very soon. You just have to eat a little less of what you are eating now to get there. For me I plan to be at my leanest since I was in my 20's over the summer, then slowly bulk up without going over 12% BF ever again. I see no need to carry extra weight around as I have been maintaining my strength and even getting stronger lately on a deficit.
    Eric

PR's
    squat 335x1
    benchpress 245x1
    DB Benchpress 100'sx6
    Bent over rows 245x8
    deadlifts 445x1
    Military press 130x6
    Chin-ups BW+100x2
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144259741 My workout journal

geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Might get some heat around here for this, but honestly the six pack is mostly for girls and competition. It does feel good to have one, and I would always rather feel thinner than fatter, if that makes sense which if you bust butt in the gym you should know what I mean. But it is less stressful to carry a little more fat. Stress I have learned is one of the major setbacks for me in the gym (don't know about the rest of you so stress the word ME). I am in school full time and work part time, and I am the kind of person that pushes myself hard to get good grades, constant results in the gym, to be the best employee at my job. All that causes a lot of stress. I have noticed a big difference in my lifts on semester breaks, and during the summer when I am less stressed. They just seem to go better and up easier. Point is stress plays a big part in progress.
    Get your ass in the gym period!

Jrob69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jrob69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jrob69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jrob69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jrob69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jrob69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jrob69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jrob69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jrob69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jrob69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jrob69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    yes

69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    For me it is.
    The best part of this is, my kids are learning to live healthier because of me.

ruckin is just really nice. (+1000) ruckin is just really nice. (+1000) ruckin is just really nice. (+1000) ruckin is just really nice. (+1000) ruckin is just really nice. (+1000) ruckin is just really nice. (+1000) ruckin is just really nice. (+1000) ruckin is just really nice. (+1000) ruckin is just really nice. (+1000) ruckin is just really nice. (+1000) ruckin is just really nice. (+1000)
    i can't say i've ever really had great abs, but i used to be very obese, and i can say for certain that all the junk food and sedentary lifestyle was not worth being that fat, so assume it would be the same way for having a great core: that it is worth it.

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BlackSwan88 View Post

At the end of the day, I figure I'd have to lose about 17 lbs based on my present body fat (about 10%) to get down to 8%. I figure I'd pretty much have to stick to chicken, vegetables and water. Then when I do get there, is that pretty much what I have to stay on to maintain? I'm saying this somewhat tongue in cheek, but overall, I'd like to hear from others on whether the end result was worth it. Remember, I've already reaped the benefits of good health, what I want to know is whether a six pack is worth it and is keeping them as difficult as I surmise?

Appreciate the feedback.
    When you find out you don't have to eat like this to get there OR stay there, it isn't so bad.

TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000) TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000) TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000) TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000) TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000) TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000) TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000) TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000) TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000) TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000) TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I dont have a six pack but for me it is a huge deal. My abs are showing finally, but DUDE this is the first time EVER! Feelsgoodman and I never once made it a goal, it just happened with consistancy and more consistancy. And I eat a lot of chicken but also many other things like above stated. I am also too motivated to be stressed out from eating clean! you get used to it. FYI if you do it correctly you can have something you crave ALOT and still drop! hope this helps.

Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Why do people get their masters or PHD or multiple degrees after their bachelors degree when it's not necessary for the work they do.
    It's assumed that I have a degree because of my work. So where am I going with this.

You say you are fit and healthy, and people see it just by the nature of the outline your clothes has. Can't see your abs unless you of course remove the shirt. But YOU know it's there. For me I have a masters degree didnt really need it. But I know I have the smarts to have gotten it. And, actually when I needed it, I can reveal it and people seem to be more serious as to what I am capable of doing and my knowledge.

I have strived to reveal my pack not for others or a contest, women- though it has crossed my mind, but for me it reveals a potential that I have desired. For only that reason. Vain, I don't think so but why not strive to fulfill dreams rather than look for excuses not to. It's personal for me. Just saying
    I'm open to any suggestions and have a difficult time accepting limitations without an honest effort on my part, you can count on that!

"iCan, iWill, iHave"

There are always choices, no bad ones, no good ones, only "great" ones,
    "Oh, great!" :)

BlackSwan88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackSwan88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackSwan88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackSwan88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackSwan88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackSwan88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackSwan88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackSwan88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackSwan88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackSwan88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackSwan88 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Frnkd View Post
    Why do people get their masters or PHD or multiple degrees after their bachelors degree when it's not necessary for the work they do.
    It's assumed that I have a degree because of my work. So where am I going with this.

You say you are fit and healthy, and people see it just by the nature of the outline your clothes has. Can't see your abs unless you of course remove the shirt. But YOU know it's there. For me I have a masters degree didnt really need it. But I know I have the smarts to have gotten it. And, actually when I needed it, I can reveal it and people seem to be more serious as to what I am capable of doing and my knowledge.

I have strived to reveal my pack not for others or a contest, women- though it has crossed my mind, but for me it reveals a potential that I have desired. For only that reason. Vain, I don't think so but why not strive to fulfill dreams rather than look for excuses not to. It's personal for me. Just saying
    Yes...I was waiting for someone else to say it...I want it just so I can say I did it. Excellent responses all around. Thanks!

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    Is having a Six Pack worth the cost? Honestly?
    Not to me, it isn't. Unless I spent 90% of my time shirtless, or was prepping for a contest. I'd rather not have to try to walk the line between fat loss and muscle gain (as a natural lifter). My goal is to look big in clothes.

I'm happy with 15 to 20% fat. That still puts me well ahead of the vast majority of the population in terms of fitness.
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★
    ★Squat Booty Sorority Fan Club★
    ★Forum Member #109,914,313★

â–º â–º â–ºDirty South Crew gear: https://www.zazzle.com/s/thedirtysouthlifts â—„ â—„ â—„ (Proceeds go to children's charities)

wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Since, assumably, you are already working out consistently, getting a six pack is as simple as hitting your macros and calories each day. Each and everyday.

There is no mystical elusive zone to transcend into. You don't have to starve or eat boring food. Study the stickies in the nutrition section. Once you understand IIFYM you will see that you can eat a very good volume of food...... if you don't blow your calorie budget on a bunch empty calorie foods.

It just takes an understanding of your nutrition and consistent lifting and eating habits. It is easy to maintain with a little discipline.

What have you had to eat and drink the last 15 days?
    Daily calories?
    Daily grams of protein ?
    Daily grams of fat?

If you cant answer those questions you probably won't have abs any time soon.
    Last edited by wsm9808; 12-16-2012 at 07:22 PM.

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by IronCharles View Post
    Not to me, it isn't. Unless I spent 90% of my time shirtless, or was prepping for a contest. I'd rather not have to try to walk the line between fat loss and muscle gain (as a natural lifter). My goal is to look big in clothes.

I'm happy with 15 to 20% fat. That still puts me well ahead of the vast majority of the population in terms of fitness.
    This^^^. I know there are a few here who don't understand our mentality and that's fine by me.

smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

X3 I usually hover between 13 and 15%. Lord knows I need all the help I can get to try to look bigger in clothes.

Originally Posted by Corbi View Post
    This^^^. I know there are a few here who don't understand our mentality and that's fine by me.
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card
    21 BB 40+1st..50+1st..Open 5th..4th Card

highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My thoughts as I was a former fatty... Yes it's worth it and once you get there it's easier to stay there.

I used to be 30+% BF, now if I get above 13% I feel fat as ****. Feeling that way makes it much easier to stay lean and keep that 6 pack. I have no idea how I used to walk around so fat, I guess it's just what you get used to. I'm used to being lean now and i never want to go back.

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have been as high as probably 18-20 and currently below 10. I think most kid themselves when they say they don't want it.....the truth is if it could be done easy, they would do it in a heartbeat. But it is not. It takes a lot of discipline.

It is not magic.....It just takes day in day out discipline that most people lack.

As a person finally getting to some decent composition......I can honestly say it is well worth it. But it is not just going to the gym to workout. It is a 7 day a week, 24 hour a day commitment. Waaaay harder then just hitting the gym.

And not just the abs. Seeing the definition in the whole body is very rewarding.

Also, doing this gives you the tools to then maintain good composition moving forward. So now when you are on surplus, you still look great.

ISO is 100% dead and one of the few that really know.
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile

If you take your shirt off at the beach or in front of the ladies it is worth it..and what you have to do to get it and maintain it makes you a healthier guy..my blood pressure is 98/68..my cholesterol is 114...and I have a 30" waist..
    KEN LECLAIR

RobertD2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobertD2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobertD2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobertD2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobertD2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobertD2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobertD2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobertD2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobertD2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobertD2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobertD2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kenethleclair View Post
    If you take your shirt off at the beach or in front of the ladies it is worth it..
    People kid themselves into believing if they keep the shirt on it's okay. Your BF shows in your face the same way it shows any place else.

I don't wear a burka . A ski mask.

fit4life1991 is not very well liked. (-100) fit4life1991 is not very well liked. (-100) fit4life1991 is not very well liked. (-100) fit4life1991 is not very well liked. (-100) fit4life1991 is not very well liked. (-100) fit4life1991 is not very well liked. (-100) fit4life1991 is not very well liked. (-100) fit4life1991 is not very well liked. (-100) fit4life1991 is not very well liked. (-100) fit4life1991 is not very well liked. (-100) fit4life1991 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Unless you've never done a core exercise in your life, (never done a squat, never done a deadlift, never done a crunch) you don't have 10% BF, because you should have an 8-pack easy at that BF if u do anything for abs. Anyway, as ID said, its not even about the abs, everything looks better when your BF is lower.

fit4life1991 is not very well liked. (-100) fit4life1991 is not very well liked. (-100) fit4life1991 is not very well liked. (-100) fit4life1991 is not very well liked. (-100) fit4life1991 is not very well liked. (-100) fit4life1991 is not very well liked. (-100) fit4life1991 is not very well liked. (-100) fit4life1991 is not very well liked. (-100) fit4life1991 is not very well liked. (-100) fit4life1991 is not very well liked. (-100) fit4life1991 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by RobertD2 View Post
    People kid themselves into believing if they keep the shirt on it's okay. Your BF shows in your face the same way it shows any place else.

Or you can just be asian and have a fat face at sub 10% BF. (and I'm only half asian)

BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

This isn't true for everyone. Fat stored in the face can be genetic. My wife's father's family all sport a genetic double chin. None of them are fat.

As long as I stay below 25% bodyfat..my mug stays pretty chiseled. I can't answer the OP's question. I've never seen my abs. I'm a former fatty that strives to keep the shoulder to hip ratio in check. I refuse to lose all the hard earned gains at the expense of visible abs. If that's your thing...more power to you.

KindaBigGuns is on a distinguished road. (+10) KindaBigGuns is on a distinguished road. (+10) KindaBigGuns is on a distinguished road. (+10) KindaBigGuns is on a distinguished road. (+10) KindaBigGuns is on a distinguished road. (+10) KindaBigGuns is on a distinguished road. (+10) KindaBigGuns is on a distinguished road. (+10) KindaBigGuns is on a distinguished road. (+10) KindaBigGuns is on a distinguished road. (+10) KindaBigGuns is on a distinguished road. (+10) KindaBigGuns is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I agree with this also. I want big arms that look big unflexed hanging from my t-shirt. The bodyfat simply needs to be healthy and low enough not to have a "gut". Otherwise I could care less about the appearance of me abs because they are under clothes. To each his/her own though.

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BankWalker View Post
    This isn't true for everyone. Fat stored in the face can be genetic. My wife's father's family all sport a genetic double chin. None of them are fat.

As long as I stay below 25% bodyfat..my mug stays pretty chiseled. I can't answer the OP's question. I've never seen my abs. I'm a former fatty that strives to keep the shoulder to hip ratio in check. I refuse to lose all the hard earned gains at the expense of visible abs. If that's your thing...more power to you.
    Those with a genetic predisposition to easily showing abdominals are going to look at this question much differently than those that are not so equipped. For some its climbing Everest, I think that is why some people go for it. What else we going to do, play checkers on the porch?
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz

That's true. Some like the gaunt, contest bodybuilder mug look. Others prefer the younger looking, more filled out face look.
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★
    ★Squat Booty Sorority Fan Club★
    ★Forum Member #109,914,313★

â–º â–º â–ºDirty South Crew gear: https://www.zazzle.com/s/thedirtysouthlifts â—„ â—„ â—„ (Proceeds go to children's charities)

flowxsss is not very well liked. (-100) flowxsss is not very well liked. (-100) flowxsss is not very well liked. (-100) flowxsss is not very well liked. (-100) flowxsss is not very well liked. (-100) flowxsss is not very well liked. (-100) flowxsss is not very well liked. (-100) flowxsss is not very well liked. (-100) flowxsss is not very well liked. (-100) flowxsss is not very well liked. (-100) flowxsss is not very well liked. (-100)
    heres a straight answer to your question, when comparing what you,ll have to go through to get a six pack with what you get when you finally achieve the holy goal of "check out my abs ,, yeh six pack" !!! imo its not worth the effort, you get nothing other than people staring at you, if you think it will make your luck change with women you are wrong , women with all due respect now a days are looking for$$$ not abs! you,ll be lucky with fat women if thats what you want !!

DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    what I want to know is whether a six pack is worth it?
    No, but, it's a hobby.
    "It doesn't matter what exercise you do, but man was made to move, to eat sparingly, to work hard and to screw as much as he can manage. Do all that, and you will look as good as your genes will let you, be content as the arseholes around you will allow, and maybe get a few screws. The particular virtues of weight training are in the discipline it brings to both mind and body, and, if you do it right, it will make you look good naked and do well what you got your clothes off to do." Georgeoz

Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    220 here got them, check avi...i think if you have the rest of build to go with it they are awesome and i dont want to give them back. If you dont then your a skinny kid with lumps on his belly.
    As i get older I am realizing i have to get while the gettings good. I can put stats and PR's up here all day long. But, the main concepts with my workouts....
    1. GO BIG OR GO HOME.
    2. FORM IS EVERYTHING
    3. BREATHE.

clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I don’t have a fully fledged six pack but I’ve got a little bit of definition going on and my waist is 30 inches, that’s good enough for me.
    Much rather have big arms to show off!

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    But, to get them, takes a lot of effort..maybe too much effort.
    ^^^^Is this the "cost" you are talking about? Because if it is, I do not see "a lot of effort" as being a cost. A lot of effort with training and nutrition should just a given.

As I see it, the first cost of having visible abs is in the nutritional requirements to get them exposed in the first place. Being on an extended cut in order to uncover them is fine if you have a specific reason, but it comes at the cost of not adding any muscle mass while you are doing it. My experience with this is that while I was uncovering my abs and taking my body fat down to a level where they really looked sharp I was also NOT adding any new muscle mass. As far as I know, I have never added an ounce of muscle while on a calorie deficit. Quite the opposite... I have always lost some muscle.

Secondly, once you have your abs exposed how willing are you to maintain them? You are looking at strict adherence to maintenance level calories, and once again, the cost as I see it is the inability to add new muscle mass without a calorie surplus.

So my question is, which side of the cost/benefit are you willing to be on?