Woodyb23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question for the ladies

So my girlfriend loves to workout and that makes me happy cause I finally got a girl that loves the gym more than I do.

She does alot of cardio and different classes but will never lift heavy. I was wondering if it would be wrong of me to say something about her lifting heavier. She has great body composition and I would love to see her put on more muscle. I am sensitive about commenting on her body at all so I have no idea how to approach this subject with her. She really does a great job with the gym, is consistent, and looks great imo. I would just like to see her get more muscle.

Any suggestions?

I am taking her to the Arnold Classic this year so we can go to the bikini and physique competitions. I am hoping that will peak her interest in lifting seriously.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If its not broke dont fix it. She obviously cares about her body and puts in the time and effort to make it look the way she wants it to look. If sheshe asks for advice then give her some tips....but you need to just appreciate her just the way she is...dont try to change her. If she wants to change her body she will.
    Started at 350 pounds and 65% body fat
    Natural Women's Physique Competitor
    Future Ms. Natural Olympia

Motivadian and Lifestyle Coach

*NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE*

Follow my shenanigans on Instagram: Fabulyss88

tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What about encouraging her to get stronger?

And the second she shows any interest in joining you in the weight room, jump on it!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172554141

srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The best way to approach the subject is ask her what her goals are... A lot of women don't really know what they are doing and I'm sure she would actually appreciate advice. Don't comment on her body rather help her to be more productive in what she is trying I do
    IFBB Bikini Pro
    NFPT & NESTA Certified Personal Trainer
    CEO BamBody Nutrition
    Official Formutech Nutrition Athlete
    Www.formutechnutrition.com

Your right, its not broke at all and Im happy she cares that much about her health. I truly do appreciate her.

Originally Posted by LyssieDoll88 View Post
    If its not broke dont fix it. She obviously cares about her body and puts in the time and effort to make it look the way she wants it to look. If sheshe asks for advice then give her some tips....but you need to just appreciate her just the way she is...dont try to change her. If she wants to change her body she will.

I think this is a good angle to take and she wouldn't be offended by me encouraging this. My pet peeve with her is that she will just dial it in when it gets tough. I have never understood it but some people have a hard time continuously challenging themselves in the gym and she can be like that. Instead of getting better she will find a way to make it easier or just make the weight lighter. I used to get mad about it with her but its not worth the fight anymore. She at least knows it pisses me off when she doesnt go hard.

Originally Posted by tina722 View Post
    What about encouraging her to get stronger?

And the second she shows any interest in joining you in the weight room, jump on it!

Yeah I dont think she has any goals except to "not get fat." Now is not a good time but I will ask her soon simply what are her goals in the gym and whats her purpose for being there.

Originally Posted by srb04e View Post
    The best way to approach the subject is ask her what her goals are... A lot of women don't really know what they are doing and I'm sure she would actually appreciate advice. Don't comment on her body rather help her to be more productive in what she is trying I do

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The question is... does SHE want more muscle?
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Woodyb23 View Post
    I think this is a good angle to take and she wouldn't be offended by me encouraging this. My pet peeve with her is that she will just dial it in when it gets tough. I have never understood it but some people have a hard time continuously challenging themselves in the gym and she can be like that. Instead of getting better she will find a way to make it easier or just make the weight lighter. I used to get mad about it with her but its not worth the fight anymore. She at least knows it pisses me off when she doesnt go hard.
    These threads piss me off. Seriously your gf has a right to workout anyway she wants to. What gives you a right to get mad at her because she's not doing what you want her to do??

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by megdaig View Post

This. ^^^
    Just do you, and let her do her.
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by megdaig View Post
    This...
    If you go and tell her "hey you should put on more muscle" she is more than likely going to be upset and you are going to cause an argument that you could very easily avoid. If she looks good then leave her alone lol
    Love the Lord your God with all your heart & with all your soul & with all your mind & with all your strength. -Mark 12:30

With God all things are possible. -Matthew 19:26

myfitnesspal: marissarenee

★ ☆ ★ MFP Aesthetics Crew ☆ ★ ☆ ★

mrsmartinez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrsmartinez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrsmartinez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrsmartinez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrsmartinez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrsmartinez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrsmartinez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrsmartinez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrsmartinez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrsmartinez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrsmartinez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've actually had male friends ask me to talk to their girls about doing more than just cardio. While it can be better received and believed coming from another female, I don't go there unless the girl shows interest on her own. She'll either decide she wants to bump it up or she won't, it's completely her choice. If she's healthy that's what's important.