mak224 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mak224 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mak224 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mak224 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mak224 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mak224 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mak224 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mak224 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mak224 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mak224 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mak224 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Looking to lose fat

Hello, I am not sure if this is the correct section for me, or not. I recently met a gal who is into being healthy. I currently am not the most healthiest person by far. I am currently 6'2" 300, I would like to get down to around 200 or so, and also show her that I can be healthy. I've been doing a little looking at supplements, but not sure if that is the way I should go to help. A little back story on me, I am pretty sedative, but haven't gained weight nor lost any the last few years. Thank you.

Snow3y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Snow3y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Snow3y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Snow3y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Snow3y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Snow3y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Snow3y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Snow3y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Snow3y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Snow3y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Snow3y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mak224 View Post
    Hello, I am not sure if this is the correct section for me, or not. I recently met a gal who is into being healthy. I currently am not the most healthiest person by far. I am currently 6'2" 300, I would like to get down to around 200 or so, and also show her that I can be healthy. I've been doing a little looking at supplements, but not sure if that is the way I should go to help. A little back story on me, I am pretty sedative, but haven't gained weight nor lost any the last few years. Thank you.
    Do you have any pics?

You need to eat in a calorie deficit in order to lose weight, this means eat less calories that of which you burn daily. Diet is your main key here.. Do you wish to gain any muscle in the process? or do you simply want to just lose weight?

I'll try help you as best I can, my sister lost 5kg in 1 week without even exercising using her diet, but I first need to know if you wish to gain any muscle as well

dodgy01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dodgy01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dodgy01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dodgy01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dodgy01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dodgy01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dodgy01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dodgy01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Snow3y View Post
    Do you have any pics?

You need to eat in a calorie deficit in order to lose weight, this means eat less calories that of which you burn daily. Diet is your main key here.. Do you wish to gain any muscle in the process? or do you simply want to just lose weight?

I'll try help you as best I can, my sister lost 5kg in 1 week without even exercising using her diet, but I first need to know if you wish to gain any muscle as well
    also interested in loosing fat but i would like to gain a little muscle at the same time if poss

gpalsbo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gpalsbo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gpalsbo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gpalsbo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gpalsbo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gpalsbo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gpalsbo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gpalsbo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gpalsbo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I'm also 6'2 but used to weigh 320lbs. In a little over a year I got down to 198 and I've gained a noticeable amount of muscle - enough that several people have commented (but I'm emaciated by bb's standards haha).

What worked for me was just dieting until about 275. Then I joined a gym and started doing elliptical because my fat loss was slowing. Don't do bike because it is the most efficient use of your leg muscles which means you don't burn a whole lot of calories. Because all of my excess fat was a nice source of energy I was able to do elliptical at a low intensity for one hour in the morning and one hour at night. You definitely don't need to do this much, just an hour should be good. As I lost more fat I started upping the intensity of my cardio which resulted in less time doing cardio. Now I'm doing HIIT (high intensity interval training) every other day and weights on the alternate days. I think you should definitely look into HIIT but don't do it until you have good cardiovascular health or else it can be very dangerous. I personally started doing HIIT when I could run 3 miles outside without stopping, but that's just an arbitrary number so I wouldn't give it a whole lot of weight.

My suggestion is starting weight training when you are at around 230-240 and you really should do it because I had stick arms by the time I had lost the bulk of my weight. Fortunately I think that since both of us get fat easy we also get muscle easy. After 8 weeks of regular weight training I had A LOT more muscle than when I was 320 (and you will lose a lot of muscle while you lose weight). You should look into compound exercises such as deadlifts which encourage human growth hormone release and get your heart beating.

Before all of this though is get your diet straightened out. I noticed that when I traded a lot of my simple carbs for protein is when I lost the most noticeable amount of weight. Just remember to give weight loss some time and to use all of your will power to push yourself in the gym and resist fatty and sugary foods.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you're doing it for someone else you will probably not succeed. Do it for yourself.

1. Get rid of your misconceptions
    2. Calculate your calories and macros
    3. Eat about 20% less calories than you burn each day while still meeting minimum protein and fat. Get the remainder of cals from carbs.
    4. Buy a kitchen scale and weigh everything that you eat.
    5. Count calories using a site like MyFitnessPal. Here's how to count properly.
    6. Lift heavy weights to preserve muscle mass, on a program like Starting Strength. Why not your own routine? Read this.
    7. If nothing happens after 3 weeks, reexamine calculations, and eat less.