wimberlyt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wimberlyt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wimberlyt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wimberlyt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wimberlyt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wimberlyt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wimberlyt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wimberlyt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wimberlyt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wimberlyt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wimberlyt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lose or gain strength?

Hey guys and gals. I have a question I'm a 43 year old fat guy (that's me today in the pic) that needs to lose about 175 lbs but I have very low upper body strength. Should I lose the weight first or gain the muscle and strength first? I can't even get off of the floor without hanging on to something to help pull me up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    No man stands as tall as when he stoops to pick up a child. Shriners.

I've gone out to look for myself. Should I return before I get back, hold me until I get here. The Doctor.

Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by wimberlyt View Post
    Hey guys and gals. I have a question I'm a 43 year old fat guy (that's me today in the pic) that needs to lose about 175 lbs but I have very low upper body strength. Should I lose the weight first or gain the muscle and strength first? I can't even get off of the floor without hanging on to something to help pull me up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    I'm going to go way out on a limb and say you can most likely accomplish both at the same time.
    Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!

OV35 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=388841&page=90

xccellence.com, theironden.com

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    yes, I agree.....just take it easy there, big fella, as , right now, your heart is under a tremendous strain...
    Lift as MUCH as you can, for as MANY reps as you can,
    while in complete control of the exercise.

KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    There is no need to even lift weights right now in all honesty and you will probably find it discouraging. I would start just doing exercises using your body weight like push ups (maybe even on your knees) and body weight squats and take short rest periods and keep your heart rate up the entire time you work out then do some easy steady state cardio. Go buy a heart rate monitor and when you see it slowing down start another set and you will burn a lot of calories and slowly get stronger. Then make your way to the weights. Just be persistent and don't give up!! I lost 87 lbs last year and some of these guys have lost more than that.
    The Unexamined Life is not worth living

tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by KenJenkinsII View Post
    There is no need to even lift weights right now in all honesty and you will probably find it discouraging. I would start just doing exercises using your body weight like push ups (maybe even on your knees) and body weight squats and take short rest periods and keep your heart rate up the entire time you work out then do some easy steady state cardio. Go buy a heart rate monitor and when you see it slowing down start another set and you will burn a lot of calories and slowly get stronger. Then make your way to the weights. Just be persistent and don't give up!! I lost 87 lbs last year and some of these guys have lost more than that.

In this case it might be easier to start out with weights. If Op isn't doing pushups right now, he could start with benching lower weights and working up to pushups.

Three years ago, before I injured myself, I was working out with 235 on the bench. 7 months ago, when I started lifting again, I could only do 3 pushups. I was shocked when I tried and found that to be my best. I actually had to start benching weights that I'm still to ashamed to post on here. Now my bench is still nowhere close to something to be proud of, but I can do more pushups than the average joe. But I'm over thirty pounds lighter too.

Op, I recommend you start the weight loss program, get a medical checkup and lift weights. I think you will build muscle and lose weight. As a newbie, you can do both.

wimberlyt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wimberlyt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wimberlyt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wimberlyt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wimberlyt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wimberlyt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wimberlyt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wimberlyt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wimberlyt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wimberlyt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wimberlyt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks guys. I talked to my doctor and he gave me the green light to workout, but he said to take it slow. Tryintorebuild, which weight loss program? I can't do anything too expensive as I only work part time at a dime above minimum wage (sad I know).

I've gone out to look for myself. Should I return before I get back, hold me until I get here. The Doctor.

Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Most exercises, bodyweight work can be done at home..walking is an excellent one to do. Start off with small walks each day and build from there as the weight falls off you. If you can't get outside to do it, even just walking through the house will get you there :-) Slow and steady wins the race. Have fun and keep at it!

BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks guys. I talked to my doctor and he gave me the green light to workout, but he said to take it slow. Tryintorebuild, which weight loss program? I can't do anything too expensive as I only work part time at a dime above minimum wage (sad I know).
    YES you can do both. You should.

Walking is free.
    So is running for the most part, but shoes cost.

You should maybe join a gym. Why? It is a hell of a lot cheaper than buying the weights I am going to recommend.

You are probably not going to join a gym, either... so you might just be more comfortable with this-

dumbells at home.

They (dumbells) are NOT inexpensive ways to buy weights. But, it is a good way to get your body in tune with what is to come. You have a LONG way to go, but right now you need to look down at your feet and think about small baby steps. A million of those can do some AMAAAAAAzzzzzzzing things...

I recommend dumbells because they are (when you can't afford a larger barbell set of weights) the cheapest way to get into some kind of lifting. You need to lift, and you need to get the benefit of some muscle retention and even some muscle gains while you lose this fat.

Later, you will likely either want to join a gym, or buy some BB (barbell- big weights) for home. I prefer "home", but there are advantages for gyms as well.

I do not know your income, but you CAN afford the dumbells ( a couple of usefull pairs), and a small adjustable bench, to get started. The roads are free, walking is free, and running, like I said, will cost you some shoes. Taking and making the time to get fit- YOU do have the time. Nobody gets as big as you are without a LOT of free time- no offense.

You really should make sure you take it easy coming in. Seriously, you are NOT in a sprint to recovering from being obese. You are in a marathon. You need to be resolute, but understand that it takes, honestly, well over a year to get out of where you are...

You will, if you can stick with it, be elated, high, feel amazing, feel younger, start seeing the world in a different way, others will see YOU in a different way, it will be amazing.

I lost 40 lbs. Think what losing 100 will be like.

Jaw dropping.

Go for it, stick with it, learn, take it slow, know that it will be a long haul, be patient, --- it is a new lifestyle, not a fad.

And - by the way- 85% of it is food, kitchen, diet.... At least 85%.

So get the eating right-

I will help any "weigh" I can... hehe-
    Nobody improves without trying. Period.

Listen to your wisdom as you gain it. Rarely are things lost forever. Change is usually always possible. Second chances sometimes reveal better results than first chances. Always look to believe that you can and will be better. You're not done until you give up.

(Bear= wife's nickname for me... Luna= my nickname for her)

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think right now, the most important thing you can work on, is diet management. Learn to count, get your macros in order, stay in a deficit.

Your exercise routine can be fairly light. Simply becoming more active will improve your stamina greatly. I personally would recommend avoiding weight training and limiting cardio to LISS until your stamina improves.

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by KenJenkinsII View Post
    I would disagree with that ... At 385 pounds, he probably has a good amount of muscle mass under that fat .... Resistance training can help him maintain his muscle (and perhaps even gain some) while dropping the fat. But, I agree with AC that diet management should be first and foremost.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Mate walking and nutrition rid me of 44lbs. But i did suffer muscle loss. Wish i knew what i know now 13 months ago. I feel awesome now and I'm now stronger than when i was 30. I'd be keen to see where you are at in 6 months.

PS Bodybuilding.com is great.

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    I would disagree with that ... At 385 pounds, he probably has a good amount of muscle mass under that fat .... Resistance training can help him maintain his muscle (and perhaps even gain some) while dropping the fat. But, I agree with AC that diet management should be first and foremost.
    I think lifting weights will be a matter of current conditioning. I am working with one individual right now that his exercise is limited to walking. Even then, more than 5 minutes is too much. If OP can tolerate it, I would agree here and go with some strength training.

OP, if you feel you can handle a less-than-aggressive lifting routine, go ahead. The majority of your lifts should be focused around mobility (weighted bridges, goblet squats, incline bench, rows and lots of core work).

BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000)
    When I lost 130lbs I started with cardio and diet and added weights in later. But with hindsight, I wish I'd started lifting at the same time. It would have allowed me to keep muscle which I only had to spend time and energy adding later down the line. Luckily, I started lifting a couple of months in so didn't lose too much muscle.

For weights, I went with compound lifts. Isolations were a waste of time and being obese, I was pretty much used to shifting large amounts of bodyweight around anyway.

quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Diet is going to be your biggest concern. Read the stickies at the top of the page in the nutrition forum on this site. Educate yourself and start traking everything.

Oh, and take a few before photos. I wish I had a few more before I lost 80+ pounds.

tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I wouldn't get hung up on a diet plan and watching macros and micros is great for the experienced. At the point you're at, just start.
    I call them push aways. Push away from the table. Push away food that isn't of any value. For me it started right before Christmas in 2007. I had been thinking about loosing weight but kept blaming my metabolism. I thought I was just getting older and it was getting slower. But at a work party on afternoon, while enjoying my fifth piece of cheesecake, I realized. Nobody's metabolism is fast enough to eat 5 pieces of cheesecake without gaining weight.
    The first steps were easy. I gave up the two doughnuts I was having for breakfast every morning. I stopped eating the batch of cookies my wife and daughter enjoyed making for me every couple of days. My eating was terrible.
    But, like many on here, I did a lot of things wrong. I did lose a lot of muscle as I pulled the weight. And though I say I did it wrong, I'm not sure I regret it. I gave up muscle, but I thinned up in a hurry. I lost 50 pounds in about 8 months.
    Counting calories isn't a perfect way to lose weight, but it's not a bad way to start. If you have a smart phone, there is an app called MyFitnessPal. If you don't, then try MyFitnessPal.com. Keep an accurate log of what you eat everyday. The app makes it easy. Then start cutting out the calories a few hundred per day at a time.
    Don't expect results overnight. If you starve yourself for the next two days, you still won't see a difference when you look in the mirror. Cut back your calories and don't expect to notice any difference in the next two weeks, but realize the difference is coming. Around two weeks, you'll see a difference on the scale, but it will take the mirror another two weeks to catch up.
    But here is the big thing... Don't wait until tomorrow. Tomorrow is the biggest hinderance you have in losing weight. Yeah, this is a terrible time to start. We all love Christmas candy and pies. But I know too many overweight people who have been going to start a diet tomorrow for years.
    You can do it. I'm anxious to see the pictures you will post over the next few months showing us your success.
    Go for it.

One other thing. I disagree with those on here saying not to lift weights. You said your upper body is weak. So what if you can only curl ten pounds and barely bench the bar. Curl ten pounds and bench the bar. And never be ashamed.
    There are people out there who belittle people for not being able to do what they do. Ignore them, jerks are jerks. Find the people who will encourage you and listen to them. Remember there are people who just don't like success in other people. It's easier to keep you down, than to excel myself.
    Funny thing at the gym is it's probably not going to be the guy over there benching 350 lbs that judges you for only benching 45. He doesn't need to belittle you to feel good about himself. In fact, he just might come spot for you to help you lift more. If you run across a trash talker, I'll bet it'll be that 210 lb guy benching 160. He'll feel the need to stroke his own ego.
    But most likely you won't get anything but encouragement.
    Again. Go for it. We have your back here. There are many on here who will offer the encouragement you need.

MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You got lots of good advice in here with everyone basically agreeing that diet is #1 and at least getting some walking in every day. All I can add is that you don't have to make this tough or painful to stick with and as a matter of fact, the first 6 months or so just take it easy -- meaning you should feel a little discomfort in a calorie deficit but don't go crazy. If you normally eat a burger and fries for lunch, eat the burger and throw out the damn fries! I find it easiest personally to drop some carbs and up the protein but that's just me. Long as your calories go down, so will your weight. Drink only water, that could easily save you 500 or more cals a day.

Whatever it is you choose to do, take it slow, think long term and learn as you go but stay consistent! I'm nowhere near where I thought I would be when I started almost 4 years ago. Unlike you I want to get bigger but it's still the same fight -- staying consistent, learning and eating to achieve your goals. At the very minimum, you'll be making at least some progress and you have plenty of time left so no need to burn out.

Originally Posted by BearLovesLuna View Post
    YES you can do both. You should.

Walking is free.
    So is running for the most part, but shoes cost.
    I asked the doc about running and he told me ABSOLUTELY NOT. He said that I was WAY too heavy to start running. he told me that two things would happen if I started running, I'd either blow out my knees or splinter my shins or both. So running is out. I don't think I could do it anyway, I have arthritis in the one ankle from a childhood injury. If I'm on it too long it gives me a not so subtle reminder to stop what I'm doing. Lol! As for the diet part, I'm TRYING to keep my calories to under 2500 a day. It's rough. since I'm only working part time, we're pretty much living on ramen noodles, hot dogs, balony, eggs, mac & cheese, etc. I was told to get protien powder but at $45+ a tub, I just can't afford it.
    Last edited by wimberlyt; 12-20-2012 at 08:58 AM.

I asked the doc about running and he told me ABSOLUTELY NOT. He said that I was WAY too heavy to start running. he told me that two things would happen if I started running, I'd either blow out my knees or splinter my shins or both. So running is out. I don't think I could do it anyway, I have arthritis in the one ankle from a childhood injury. If I'm on it too long it gives me a not so subtle reminder to stop what I'm doing. Lol! As for the diet part, I'm TRYING to keep my calories to under 2500 a day. It's rough. since I'm only working part time, we're pretty much living on ramen noodles, hot dogs, balony, eggs, mac & cheese, etc. I was told to get protien powder but at $45+ a tub, I just can't afford it.
    You are right, protein powder can be pretty expensive. There are cheaper than 45 dollar a tub brands, but even the less expensive stuff can whey (that's a joke) heavy on the wallet. But tuna and eggs are pretty cheap protein. They are certainly cheaper than balogna and possibly ramen noodles. Although ramen is pretty cheap, so maybe not. A can of green beans isn't real expensive either.
    Replace your mac and cheese with green beans and you will save money. You'll only eat green beans til your not hungry, mac and cheese is pretty easy to eat til your full. You see the difference don't you? About the same price, not even a quarter of the calories and you quit eating at about half the serving size.
    I'm not saying quit the carbs all together. Have a serving of mashed potatoes, just don't load up the butter and seasoning. A little bit of that is ok too.
    You're eating cheap, but you could eat cheaper and healthier at the same time.
    I don't know where you live, but fishing can take care of providing the protein and giving you a hobby that doesn't have to take all you money. Like every other hobby, it can take all your money, but it doesn't have to.
    2500 calories a day is do-able. You should be able to keep your diet to that, but if you go over a little you will still be taking in less calories than you were. So if you find yourself over your calorie limit, don't get discouraged and quit. I see people do that a lot. They reach their limit, feel like they killed their diet and then go hogwild and figure they'll start again the next day. Don't do that. I have a close friend that gained 50 pounds on her " I'm gonna start a diet Monday, so I'll just enjoy the weekend" diet plan.

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You've been very honest with us. Now, be honest with yourself. Every time you ponder skipping a walk, adding extra condiments, having another serving, be truthful about how those things help it hurry your goal. Stay focused. Stay committed. You CAN do this, and frankly, you MUST do this. I believe you can do this.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

graybeard is just really nice. (+1000) graybeard is just really nice. (+1000) graybeard is just really nice. (+1000) graybeard is just really nice. (+1000) graybeard is just really nice. (+1000) graybeard is just really nice. (+1000) graybeard is just really nice. (+1000) graybeard is just really nice. (+1000) graybeard is just really nice. (+1000) graybeard is just really nice. (+1000) graybeard is just really nice. (+1000)
    When I was diagnosed with diabetes, I weighed about 215. For the first three months, I walked 3 miles/day and lost about 35 lbs. Then started in the gym and my weight and lean muscle gradually increased thereafter. Do not under estimate what walking alone can accomplish.