Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Today was a rep workout on the squats. I worked up to 475 x 6 with the last rep paused. We ended doing some SSB good mornings, DB lunges, and a set of 50 with 135 olympic squats

ENERGY 8/10 I used 1 scoop today. I felt like the bloodflow/pumps are a little better on 1 scoop vs. 1.5. Energy might not be quite as high, but it's still there.
    PUMPS 8/10 Not bad, but not great. The set of 50 was pretty brutal and it left my quads pretty pumped, but nothing out of the ordinary.
    FOCUS 8/10 Pretty good, but I definitely seem to be a little more tunnel visioned when I'm on 1.5 scoops.

I'll upload the squat video tomorrow.
    1708 total @220 Raw
    Improve my total every time I step on the platform.

Being a male is a matter of birth. However, being a "man" is a matter of choice.

Photo in Avi is not current, I'm way fatter now.

Betancourt Juggernaut tatteredsaint's Avatar
    tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    those deads are pretty impressive I think my best ever was 575 it was from a close stance but I also had versa grips on which have been a godsend for bodybuilding but when I went back into power it ruined my grip for raw deads
    one mind , one body, one chance to make it happen

Betancourt Nutrition Rep

http://www.betancourtnutrition.com

"The opinions expressed in my posts do not necessarily reflect those of Betancourt nutrition"

zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tatteredsaint View Post
    those deads are pretty impressive I think my best ever was 575 it was from a close stance but I also had versa grips on which have been a godsend for bodybuilding but when I went back into power it ruined my grip for raw deads
    Thanks. Using the straps here and there won't really make a difference. I've said quoting someone else, that what you do 10% of the time doesn't make nearly the difference compared to what you do 90% of the time. So as far as using straps I almost never use them, but I might start using them on high rep days on deads as my hands do tear on days when I end up doing a lot of reps and sets. I will use them for really heavy shrugs.
    1708 total @220 Raw

Being a male is a matter of birth. However, being a "man" is a matter of choice.

REP DEADLIFTS
    515 x 6 from a 1.25" deficit
    515 x 2 sets of 3 from floor

SSB OLYMPIC SQUATS
    295 x 3 sets of 8 last set paused all 8 reps

GHRS
    4 sets of 10 bw

BACK RAISES
    2 sets of 25

ENERGY 9/10 Went with 1.5 scoops today. 80% of your 1RM for 6 reps at a deficit is no joke and the 1st rep workout I did during the Cube method I failed the rep set from the deficit. I definitely needed a good kick in the pants today and I got what I needed. I definitely rank D-Stunner up there in terms of energy. The other pre that I took that I really liked for it's ability to get me going was K-Otic and it's a pretty dead heat between the two.

PUMPS N/A Not really enough rep work to give a fair assessment here. However, my hams did get some alright blood flow when doing the GHRs.

FOCUS 9/10 Solid again.

SUSTAINED ENERGY 9.5/10 I really like that there's no crashing or sudden drop off in energy with D-Stunner.
    Last edited by zmcdole; 01-16-2013 at 08:03 PM.
    1708 total @220 Raw

tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by zmcdole View Post
    Thanks. Using the straps here and there won't really make a difference. I've said quoting someone else, that what you do 10% of the time doesn't make nearly the difference compared to what you do 90% of the time. So as far as using straps I almost never use them, but I might start using them on high rep days on deads as my hands do tear on days when I end up doing a lot of reps and sets. I will use them for really heavy shrugs.
    haha yeah that may be true but I use my versas 90% of the time for just about everything and have for about 2yrs now

Betancourt Nutrition Rep

"The opinions expressed in my posts do not necessarily reflect those of Betancourt nutrition"

Today we did dynamic squats with 65% of our 1rm for 6 sets of 2. Accessory work included Olympic squats, leg press, and reverse hypers.

ENERGY 8.5/10 Not bad, but a few times while lifting i wasn't feeling it like I normally am.
    FOCUS 8/10 Ok, but a couple times working up and in during the 1st few sets I kinda felt like I was going through the motions. My 5th and 6th sets were pretty good though. I blame the focus issues mainly on the light weight.
    PUMPS 8/10 I did get some good blood flow in my legs from the 5 x 5 olympic squats and 4 sets of 15 leg presses.
    1708 total @220 Raw

I benched today on very little sleep. My son kept me up pretty much all night last night. Also, I'm at the hospital right now with my wife and we'll be having our 2nd child anytime in the next 30 hours. I'll come back at some point and post my workout.
    1708 total @220 Raw

Originally Posted by zmcdole View Post
    I benched today on very little sleep. My son kept me up pretty much all night last night. Also, I'm at the hospital right now with my wife and we'll be having our 2nd child anytime in the next 30 hours. I'll come back at some point and post my workout.
    congrats on the new addition bro , no worries take your time coming back n be w your family

Betancourt Nutrition Rep

My son Everett Neal was born this morning at 11:35 at 7lbs 13 ounces.

On Saturday I did get my lift in. I worked up to 385 floor presses for 3 sets of 2 and then did some high rep sets on the bench where I topped out at 295 x 14 after doing a set of 275 for 15 reps.

ENERGY 9/10 Very good considering I got less than 3 hours of legit sleep the night before because my son was being nuts.
    PUMPS 7.5/10 I got some good rep work in after my heavy sets and the blood did flow, but D-Stunner has been pretty inconsistent overall with the pumps. I've noted that 1 scoop does allow for slightly better pumps than 1.5 scoops, but even then it's not a whole lot more than I could get on my own. Me and preworkouts just don't get along in the pumps dept, never have.
    FOCUS 9.5/10 Focus was great. Got in and did what I needed to do in a shorter amount of time than normal because I knew my wife could have gone into labor at any moment even though she didn't.

1708 total @220 Raw

I've got just enough D-Stunner for one more workout. I'm gonna save it for my heavy squat workout on Thurs or Friday.

SPEED PULLS (Cube Method)
    415 x 2 x 6 (conventional with stiff bar)

SNATCH GRIP DEADS (from 4" box)
    315 x 20

SSB SQUATS
    235 x 3 sets of 8 atg

PULLDOWNS
    3 sets of 15

ENERGY 10/10 I got less than 3 hours of sleep last night, but I was fired up and ready to go today after taking D-Stunner. A tough exam for D-Stunner to pass.
    FOCUS 10/10 Again the sleep was low, but I was able to be very focused and do what I needed to do with intention even thought the weight was light.
    1708 total @220 Raw

so have u got the new addition to get in the squat rack yet ? solid work on the vids as always bro

Betancourt Nutrition Rep

so have u got the new addition to get in the squat rack yet ? solid work on the vids as always bro
    Yes. Everett Neal was born on Sunday at 11:35 AM at 7lbs 13oz. It's been a crazy week and an even crazier last few days that ended with an all nighter in the ER last night. Everything is fine, but I'm completely wiped out.

Here's my last workout with D-Stunner:

HEAVY SQUATS CUBE METHOD
    507 x 2 x 3 (last set paused

GMs
    165 x 8
    185 x 8
    210 x 8

LEG PRESS
    3 sets of 20 (4 plates a side)

BACK RAISES
    60 reps/3 sets of 20

LEG CURLS
    3 sets of 25

ENERGY 9/10 Very solid as I only had 7 grams left which isn't even a full serving.
    FOCUS 9/10 Good here as well. I was looking forward to a fairly heavy squat workout even though I was feeling it a little from the deadlift workout earlier i the week. I was able to stay focused and block out soreness from the pulls.
    PUMPS 7/10 Pretty normal. We did 4 sets of 20 on the leg press and 75 reps on leg curls, but I didn't get any more than I would normally as far as pump is concerned.
    1708 total @220 Raw

FINAL REVIEW OF D-STUNNER
    First I wanna say thanks for the opportunity to use D-Stunner. I enjoyed the experience.

ENERGY 9/10 Overall this product gives me a boost as good as any other pre-workout supp I've used. My all time favorite is K-Otic and this easily matches it in performance in this area. 1 scoop is probably more than enough for 99% of the population that will use this supp, but if you're like me and can handle stims 1.5 will get the job done and some more. The energy lasts throughout your workout without a sudden crash. It comes on smoothly as well.

PUMPS 7/10 I've never gotten a huge increase in blood flow/pumps from any pre-workout that I've ever used. I will say that 1 scoop is slightly better at inducing blood flow than 1.5 scoops.

FOCUS 9/10 D-Stunner will help you get your mind right. I work all day with 23 third graders and I'm mentally fried at the end of the day and D-Stunner does a very good job of re-setting my mind to get it right for a workout.

INGREDIENTS 7.5/10 I'm fairly pleased overall with what's in it. The caffeine and beta alanine are very solid ingredients to put in a pre even though the BA isn't essential as far as timing is concerned. I don't think the creatine needs to be included especially since there's no amount listed. I take my creatine separate in the form of creatine mono so I don't need any extra. My guess is that the amount in D-Stunner is negligible so this is not something that I wanna see in a pre-workout. In most cases there's not enough and then if there is enough it only increase the price of the product. There were some other ingredients that I wasn't aware of in the beginning, but Tatteredsaint gave me a little heads up on those things. I would like to see the amounts of each ingredient listed on the package.

PRICE 6/10 I'm using the price as listed on bb.com for a 28 serving tub. A 40 serving tub for $30 would be much better IMO. If I'm gonna spend the money on a pre-workout supp I never wanna pay $1 or more per serving. I can make my own using raw ingredients for much less. There's a deal going now where you can get 3 tubs for right around $60. That comes out to like $.71/serving. Not too shabby. If I knew how well something worked and how I responded to it, I'd buy multiple tubs of it to get the pricing. I know that Betancourt isn't fully responsible for the price that a distributor sells their product for, but they are responsible for the MSRP or what the distributor pays to get the product. $52.99 is the MSRP listed for D-Stunner. That's a little high IMO even though most people will never pay MSRP for a supplement.

TASTE 7.5/10 Not bad but not great. I would say decent best describes the taste. The other flavors may be better, but the fruit punch was just ok. It did have a supplement taste to it, but not so bad that I had to slam it. I was able to sip it and somewhat enjoy the ritual of drinking a preworkout before smashing the weights.

WOULD I RECOMMEND D-STUNNER TO A FRIEND Yes and no. If they had a bigger budget than I did and weren't afraid to spend money on supps I'd say sure buy it you'll like it and how well it works for energy and focus. If they didn't have a big budget and had to watch their pennies I'd say no. Even though you can get it for $.71/serving by buying 3 tubs, I'd say no because it's not smart to buy something in bulk if you've never used it before. If asked about performance I'd say it's a great supplement that works.
    1708 total @220 Raw

I see the price thing a lil differently with this product as I typically have to take 2 scoops of almost any normal pre workout which gives me 20 sessions where as with dstunner 1 scoop will get me going wich gives me 28 , but as always u are entitled to your opinion, thanks for the honest final review and for running a solid log

Betancourt Nutrition Rep

WhyAmISoHuge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhyAmISoHuge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhyAmISoHuge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhyAmISoHuge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhyAmISoHuge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhyAmISoHuge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhyAmISoHuge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhyAmISoHuge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhyAmISoHuge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhyAmISoHuge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhyAmISoHuge is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    holy mother of god you are strong as hell...
    Squat - 425x1
    Bench - 315x1
    Deadlift - 540x1
    Total: 1280

I see the price thing a lil differently with this product as I typically have to take 2 scoops of almost any normal pre workout which gives me 20 sessions where as with dstunner 1 scoop will get me going wich gives me 28 , but as always u are entitled to your opinion, thanks for the honest final review and for running a solid log
    You make a very good point. The strength of D-Stunner does help it's value considering most people will never need more than one scoop with D-Stunner. I just think the product would be even more attractive if it came in a 40 serving tub for around $30-35. 40 servings for $35 would come out to about $.87/serving. That would be just about right IMO.
    1708 total @220 Raw

Originally Posted by WhyAmISoHuge View Post
    holy mother of god you are strong as hell...
    thank you. I'm on recharge. I'll get you in a bit.
    1708 total @220 Raw