Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000)

Giving Joy Anonymously at Christmas

I just posted this reply on another thread, but thought that it might be a good start for another on giving during Christmas.

My goal along with my wife is to go to a restaurant and anonymously pay someones bill......a family, military personnel, or a person that looks in need of a pick me up of joy........I've heard of this on the net, tv, news etc....Id like to see it in real life.

Have anyone done this? Any stories?
    I'm open to any suggestions and have a difficult time accepting limitations without an honest effort on my part, you can count on that!

"iCan, iWill, iHave"

There are always choices, no bad ones, no good ones, only "great" ones,
    "Oh, great!" :)

highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Frnkd View Post
    I just posted this reply on another thread, but thought that it might be a good start for another on giving during Christmas.

My goal along with my wife is to go to a restaurant and anonymously pay someones bill......a family, military personnel, or a person that looks in need of a pick me up of joy........I've heard of this on the net, tv, news etc....Id like to see it in real life.

Have anyone done this? Any stories?
    I would and should do this, thanks for the idea. Keeping this in mind when we're out and about.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sort of...My wife and I take the admonishments in the scriptures about charity pretty seriously, so any chance to "give back" is taken.

One thing comes to mind because it happened a couple weeks before Christmas about three years ago, and that's what you're asking about...I picked up a 2 for 1 deal on fish oil at the grocery store but discovered when I got home that I'd been charged full price. I took the bottles back to the store with my receipt and said a prayer on the way that I'd give anything refunded to me to someone who needed it more than I did.

It turned out that the blunder was mine because what I'd actually grabbed was a bottle of fish oil and bottle of something else...might have been D3 or something. I didn't know the pills had to be the same ones because the add just said "On all [whatever brand] supplements!" When the manager of the store explained to me why I was charged full price for both bottles, he went ahead and refunded the $30 to me anyway. I really wasn't expecting that, and I turned and went straight out and gave it to the bell ringer outside.

I was so overcome with thanksgiving to G-d for that blessing that I start crying and just couldn't stop. I tried to tell my wife what had happened, and I just couldn't get the words out without bawling. When I finally croaked the story to her, she said she thought someone had yelled at me. LOL
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by highiso View Post
    I would and should do this, thanks for the idea. Keeping this in mind when we're out and about.
    dont forget to post what happened......I certainly will.....one more thing I will have a little card that simply say "Have a Merry Christmas, Please pass it forward", and have the server give it instead of the bill.
    I'm open to any suggestions and have a difficult time accepting limitations without an honest effort on my part, you can count on that!

"iCan, iWill, iHave"

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Awesome thread Frnkd

A town I lived in back in the early 80's had a home less gentleman (very rare) and he would collect bottles and such to make cash. I was in the beer store when he was making returns, i tried to pass him a 20 and he declined, I pondered this and figured he was too proud, so I threw the 20 on the sidewalk for him to find. I watched him retrieve it and still think of him often at Xmas.

Since then I have done other stuff at Xmas but never involving the giving of cash directly, just toys or food hampers etc..left on doorsteps that I knew would use it.

If you do something like you mentioned Frnkd you will find it very rewarding, it feels great.

Happy Holidays everyone.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

Originally Posted by Marius_Ursus View Post
    Sort of...My wife and I take the admonishments in the scriptures about charity pretty seriously, so any chance to "give back" is taken.

One thing comes to mind because it happened a couple weeks before Christmas about three years ago, and that's what you're asking about...I picked up a 2 for 1 deal on fish oil at the grocery store but discovered when I got home that I'd been charged full price. I took the bottles back to the store with my receipt and said a prayer on the way that I'd give anything refunded to me to someone who needed it more than I did.

It turned out that the blunder was mine because what I'd actually grabbed was a bottle of fish oil and bottle of something else...might have been D3 or something. I didn't know the pills had to be the same ones because the add just said "On all [whatever brand] supplements!" When the manager of the store explained to me why I was charged full price for both bottles, he went ahead and refunded the $30 to me anyway. I really wasn't expecting that, and I turned and went straight out and gave it to the bell ringer outside.

I was so overcome with thanksgiving to G-d for that blessing that I start crying and just couldn't stop. I tried to tell my wife what had happened, and I just couldn't get the words out without bawling. When I finally croaked the story to her, she said she thought someone had yelled at me. LOL

Giving without expecting anything in return for whatever reason is the most humane gesture. I think it pulls on a part of our humanity that we may not realize the impact. Your story exemplifies it. Felt it too.

"iCan, iWill, iHave"

nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Great idea!

Through the Salvation Army my work sponsors a few families each christmas. We have a list of items they could use under the tree and then we each check off the items that we'd like to shop for. I think it's a nice way to give back. It's also fun to get a group of friends or family together and go grocery shopping for the food bank.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This thread reminds me a lot of Christmas Jars.

http://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Jars.../dp/1590384814

"Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice idea! Driving home for Thanksgiving last year I hit the toll booth on the Indian Nations Turnpike, pulled up to pay my two bucks, and the attendant said, your toll was just paid. Seems that someone early in the morning had pulled through and paid for the person behind them, only asking that the attendant say Happy Thanksgiving to the driver behind. This little pay for the person behind you had been going on for hours. I paid for the folks behind me and drove on. I hope it went on for the rest of the day! Still cost me two bucks, Ha! But it was nice. The 'giving spirit' can be contagious.
    paolo59

"If you're going through hell, keep going!" Winston Churchill

litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I was just thinking of doing this yesterday (similar "help a stranger"). I'm pissed at myself for not pulling the trigger, but I will the next chance I get.

I was at a gas station/convenience store and the guy in front of me was paying for gas in coins. I overheard the clerk say outloud $2.16 on pump 3. The idea didn't hit me until I had paid for my stuff and I was already back in my car. I would have loved to throw the clerk $10-20 bucks and said add it to his pump.

*Edit - times are tough and I regularly see people putting very small amounts of gas in their vehicle. Hopefully it will help somebody in need.
    You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    We have found that giving cash via the Salvation army, and our Catholic Church has worked well. Further I pick up hitchhikers. I remember being in the USAF and thumbing rides to town. I always said when I had a car I would return the favor. Been doing it since 1964, and at 69 years I still do it. Today it was a guy who ran out of gas. Took him to gas, and a ride back to his car.

Go do the same you are a rough tough bodybuilder or weightlifter who can help out a person @ day.

goya goya goya
    Do what's right.

Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    Awesome thread Frnkd

A town I lived in back in the early 80's had a home less gentleman (very rare) and he would collect bottles and such to make cash. I was in the beer store when he was making returns, i tried to pass him a 20 and he declined, I pondered this and figured he was too proud, so I threw the 20 on the sidewalk for him to find. I watched him retrieve it and still think of him often at Xmas.

Since then I have done other stuff at Xmas but never involving the giving of cash directly, just toys or food hampers etc..left on doorsteps that I knew would use it.

If you do something like you mentioned Frnkd you will find it very rewarding, it feels great.

Happy Holidays everyone.
    I am determined to, and not just once.

Originally Posted by nixter View Post
    Great idea!

Through the Salvation Army my work sponsors a few families each christmas. We have a list of items they could use under the tree and then we each check off the items that we'd like to shop for. I think it's a nice way to give back. It's also fun to get a group of friends or family together and go grocery shopping for the food bank.
    that's a thought too.

Originally Posted by paolo59 View Post
    Nice idea! Driving home for Thanksgiving last year I hit the toll booth on the Indian Nations Turnpike, pulled up to pay my two bucks, and the attendant said, your toll was just paid. Seems that someone early in the morning had pulled through and paid for the person behind them, only asking that the attendant say Happy Thanksgiving to the driver behind. This little pay for the person behind you had been going on for hours. I paid for the folks behind me and drove on. I hope it went on for the rest of the day! Still cost me two bucks, Ha! But it was nice. The 'giving spirit' can be contagious.
    Wow, nice story. I always say remember that feeling of receiving as you can pass it on to others by giving, don't hold it to yourself.

Originally Posted by litljay View Post
    I was just thinking of doing this yesterday (similar "help a stranger"). I'm pissed at myself for not pulling the trigger, but I will the next chance I get.

I was at a gas station/convenience store and the guy in front of me was paying for gas in coins. I overheard the clerk say outloud $2.16 on pump 3. The idea didn't hit me until I had paid for my stuff and I was already back in my car. I would have loved to throw the clerk $10-20 bucks and said add it to his pump.

*Edit - times are tough and I regularly see people putting very small amounts of gas in their vehicle. Hopefully it will help somebody in need.
    The next person will be the beneficiary of this thought.

Originally Posted by philipj View Post
    We have found that giving cash via the Salvation army, and our Catholic Church has worked well. Further I pick up hitchhikers. I remember being in the USAF and thumbing rides to town. I always said when I had a car I would return the favor. Been doing it since 1964, and at 69 years I still do it. Today it was a guy who ran out of gas. Took him to gas, and a ride back to his car.

Go do the same you are a rough tough bodybuilder or weightlifter who can help out a person @ day.

goya goya goya
    what a humanitarian you are.

What great experiences so far.

"iCan, iWill, iHave"

so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There is a person in a community just north of where I live, in fact, my wife used to teach there. Every Christmas, this person buys gifts for all the less fortunate children in this town of about 3,000. Just before the holiday break, they have a Christmas party at the high school auditorium, and the presents are distributed. This is the most joyful act of kindness that I could ever imagine. I am sure somebody knows who this person is, but it has been a well kept secret in this little town.
    I like to ride my horses and shoot my guns

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I've never done this at Christmas, but I commit similar acts throughout the year. Not always altruistic (though, that word can become a philosophical thread in itself). Example; just two nights ago, a guy and his wife.... at a local grocery store, who I was standing in line behind, got to the register. After the cashier rang up their credit card(s!) twice and were told they were declined, I said, "I got it.". They both turned and looked at me as if they'd been busted. Don't know how else to describe their look, lofl. Anyway, it was only $15 and some change...and I'm an inpatient sonofabitch (srs!). I make OK money, and I now live in a very impoverished region of my state, so I see people like these, every single day. They might not have "deserved" the helping hand, but I don't care. I've done this same "cash register" charity countless times, but usually for a buck or two...or even just change when the person(s) look to be stressing out.

Nah, Christmas isn't the time to do the right thing. Every day is.

SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dbx View Post
    I've never done this at Christmas, but I commit similar acts throughout the year. Not always altruistic (though, that word can become a philosophical thread in itself). Example; just two nights ago, a guy and his wife.... at a local grocery store, who I was standing in line behind, got to the register. After the cashier rang up their credit card(s!) twice and were told they were declined, I said, "I got it.". They both turned and looked at me as if they'd been busted. Don't know how else to describe their look, lofl. Anyway, it was only $15 and some change...and I'm an inpatient sonofabitch (srs!). I make OK money, and I now live in a very impoverished region of my state, so I see people like these, every single day. They might not have "deserved" the helping hand, but I don't care. I've done this same "cash register" charity countless times, but usually for a buck or two...or even just change when the person(s) look to be stressing out.

Nah, Christmas isn't the time to do the right thing. Every day is.
    If you have so much cash as to give it to complete strangers then why not involuntarily donate it to Obama? They don't get much stranger then him!
    I'm a sad little man

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
    If you have so much cash as to give it to complete strangers then why not involuntarily donate it to Obama? They don't get much stranger then him!
    LOL, I'm actually stressing about cash right now!

And like I alluded to, I didn't want to fcking wait for another worthless CC to be whipped out and declined...and the the cashier ask for the manager...and then....

Beside, my beer was getting warm.

Like I said, I don't claim to be altruistic

not quite... domesticated justboo2u's Avatar
    justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This one bar in town that I 'somewhat often' frequent puts up a 'Gift tree' every year, with 'requests' from parents of a child... Ive done it a few times and every time it has been the same thing...

Practical items (like diapers, wipes,)
    Clothing (usually some specific type like onesies or a full set),

A toy. (NEVER 'TOYS' but 'An age-appropriate toy')

Must remember to do this again this year. Not sure yet if they have the tree up... a good excuse to 'check the place out'.

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So nobody actually benefited since they all had to pay anyway......

(I know, I know....I am missing the point.)
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Tonight a lady(manager I think) from the grocery store me and my 2 daughters shop at, stoped by my house and gave us a basket full of oranges,apples,bananas, and some chocolate(for them I'm sure). Really blew me away to get a knock at the door and see her there presenting this gift. Feels really good. What goes around comes around

paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    So nobody actually benefited since they all had to pay anyway......

(I know, I know....I am missing the point.)
    Ha ha, we all benefitted! It put a smile on my face. You know how it is; in this day and age, it's not what you're actually doing, but rather what you think you're doing! Get with the program brother!

Truth be told, this little thread put a thought in my mind, and I was able to act upon it! Giving is contagious!!! As long as you give from your heart and from your own need. Gifts are worth more when they're not 'coerced' by the hand of government, no? Ha ha.
    Last edited by paolo59; 12-12-2012 at 11:17 AM. Reason: The thread can do without my 'political carping!' Ha!
    paolo59

Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks for starting this journal....this is a great reminder for me to be in the gifting spirit.

I haven't had the chance to do this lately (mainly because now that I'm a Dad I don't get out that often) but whenever I went out to a concert downtown (Toronto) I'd always take along some granola bars or similar with me and hand them out to whoever was around asking for change. It was always appreciated....

thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Operation Christmas Child from Samaritan`s Purse, massive outreach by them, Outstanding Organization, Salvation Army another, Focus Hope here in the Detroit Metro Area is excellent there is a myriad of good People and companies that truly help, paying for a soldiers Groceries or a cup of coffee and saying thank you, there are so many people who are really hurting and many are being anonymous because they are embarrassed to ask for help & I bet none of us who have ears & eyes would not have to search to much, it is more profound than we like to think--------------It is Christmas and the Greatest gift of all was bestowed on mankind, we can do this everyday if we choose in some manner
    John 4:20

Romans 12 :2

Ephesiens 6:13

"The Lord is my rock,my fortress and my deliverer, my God is my rock, in whom shall I take refuge"

Originally Posted by thomashenry View Post
    It is Christmas and the Greatest gift of all was bestowed on mankind,
    I thought that was pizza.

j/k, Thomas. G-d bless you and yours and keep fighting the good fight.

Also, taxation is theft.

thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I thought that was pizza.

j/k, Thomas. G-d bless you and yours and keep fighting the good fight.
    Deep Dish, with Italian Sausage {well Done}--and you and your Family as well my friend, God Bless, good too to see you, been gone a while, Hiatus, withdraw or just screw it ? :}
    Last edited by thomashenry; 12-12-2012 at 10:19 AM.

"The Lord is my rock,my fortress and my deliverer, my God is my rock, in whom shall I take refuge"

Deep Dish, with Italian Sausage {well Done}--and you and your Family as well my friend, God Bless, good too to see you, been gone a while, Hiatus, withdraw or just screw it ? :}
    Hiatus. Worked had me swamped, and my commute is almost 1.5 hr., so...not much time to post.

Also, taxation is theft.

Hiatus. Worked had me swamped, and my commute is almost 1.5 hr., so...not much time to post.
    1.5 hrs ughhhhh, Well you have been missed

1.5 hrs ughhhhh, Well you have been missed
    That's the price you pay for living in a place where your nearest neighbor lives 1/2 mile down the road.

Also, taxation is theft.

ABeast1Day is just really nice. (+1000) ABeast1Day is just really nice. (+1000) ABeast1Day is just really nice. (+1000) ABeast1Day is just really nice. (+1000) ABeast1Day is just really nice. (+1000) ABeast1Day is just really nice. (+1000) ABeast1Day is just really nice. (+1000) ABeast1Day is just really nice. (+1000) ABeast1Day is just really nice. (+1000) ABeast1Day is just really nice. (+1000) ABeast1Day is just really nice. (+1000)
    Every year for Christmas we sponsor a family in need. We dont get to meet them,the church sets it up like a secret santa deal. Usually a single parent with children who are in a bad way.The parent fills out a questionnaire with what the family needs as well as the ages and interests of the kids. Then the wife and I take the kids out shopping and let them pick things out for the little ones and we shop for the parents/needs of the family. In order to teach our kids the spirit of giving and making it real for them we make them crack their piggybanks and use 1/3 of their money to help with paying for it.The first few times they were pissed but the last few years they were excited to pitch in and help.

Feels good man.
    ♚ Never seen my Ab's Crew
    ♚ ProMISCuous Crew
    ♚ Oakland Raiders Crew
    ♚ Oakland Athletics Crew

RIP Bro and by bro i mean always my bro.
    http://i.imgur.com/cWsP5Qm.jpg

Originally Posted by ABeast1Day View Post
    Every year for Christmas we sponsor a family in need. We dont get to meet them,the church sets it up like a secret santa deal. Usually a single parent with children who are in a bad way.The parent fills out a questionnaire with what the family needs as well as the ages and interests of the kids. Then the wife and I take the kids out shopping and let them pick things out for the little ones and we shop for the parents/needs of the family. In order to teach our kids the spirit of giving and making it real for them we make them crack their piggybanks and use 1/3 of their money to help with paying for it.The first few times they were pissed but the last few years they were excited to pitch in and help.

Feels good man.
    It's a good thing to teach kids to give! I knew a family growing up, each Christmas all of the kids had to pick 2 or 3 of their toys (and not the broken ones!) to donate to the Salvation Army or some other organization. "Just how many toys do you think you need when there are kids without even one?" That's a pretty good viewpoint to instill in a child.
    paolo59

ABeast1Day is just really nice. (+1000) ABeast1Day is just really nice. (+1000) ABeast1Day is just really nice. (+1000) ABeast1Day is just really nice. (+1000) ABeast1Day is just really nice. (+1000) ABeast1Day is just really nice. (+1000) ABeast1Day is just really nice. (+1000) ABeast1Day is just really nice. (+1000) ABeast1Day is just really nice. (+1000) ABeast1Day is just really nice. (+1000) ABeast1Day is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's a good thing to teach kids to give! I knew a family growing up, each Christmas all of the kids had to pick 2 or 3 of their toys (and not the broken ones!) to donate to the Salvation Army or some other organization. "Just how many toys do you think you need when there are kids without even one?" That's a pretty good viewpoint to instill in a child.
    Absolutely. My parents made us donate our old toys. We have a huge family and the sheer amount of toys/presents under the christmas tree was really kinda sickening in retrospect.We couldnt even play with it all.I think my mom used to take some and re-gift em for various birthdays throughout the year. We go on vacation for the holidays now instead of buying a bunch of crap.Disneyland this year.They get 1 present from Santa and 1 or 2 from the grandparents.I dont buy em anything.
    ♚ Never seen my Ab's Crew
    ♚ ProMISCuous Crew
    ♚ Oakland Raiders Crew
    ♚ Oakland Athletics Crew

RIP Bro and by bro i mean always my bro.
    http://i.imgur.com/cWsP5Qm.jpg