Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    JohnnyCage12 is not very well liked. (-100) JohnnyCage12 is not very well liked. (-100) JohnnyCage12 is not very well liked. (-100) JohnnyCage12 is not very well liked. (-100) JohnnyCage12 is not very well liked. (-100) JohnnyCage12 is not very well liked. (-100) JohnnyCage12 is not very well liked. (-100) JohnnyCage12 is not very well liked. (-100) JohnnyCage12 is not very well liked. (-100) JohnnyCage12 is not very well liked. (-100) JohnnyCage12 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by deaglebrah View Post
    Lol at thinking religion is incompatible with the fact that we are animals who have to survive in a food chain. Is this real tea?
    I was contrasting how ridiculous it is that op thinks that a god in the sky is giving him minor clues to the way he is supposed to be living life when there is millions of people dying of starvation in other parts of the world and how brutal life is in general there is no god and if there is he doesn't give a fuk.
    cold shower crew

ziggy5121 is a name known to all. (+5000) ziggy5121 is a name known to all. (+5000) ziggy5121 is a name known to all. (+5000) ziggy5121 is a name known to all. (+5000) ziggy5121 is a name known to all. (+5000) ziggy5121 is a name known to all. (+5000) ziggy5121 is a name known to all. (+5000) ziggy5121 is a name known to all. (+5000) ziggy5121 is a name known to all. (+5000) ziggy5121 is a name known to all. (+5000) ziggy5121 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by namesarehard View Post
    Correct. It is a matter of faith and interpretation. You can see an event as divine and graceful or a complete coincidence. I just felt compelled to believe there is a deeper meaning to my life.
    You still don't understand. You say "faith" as if it somehow validates your beliefs. It does not.

I believe that the world is flat. All evidence points to the contrary. But i don't care and still believe because of "faith". Yet that doesn't make the world flat. I'm still wrong. I'm still an idiot. Just now I'm an idiot with faith.

Faith is your attempt to rationalize your belief in something that you already know isn't true. You want to believe in god because it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that you have a purpose and meaning in life. So you pick up one of the many thousands of superstitions/religions you could, and try to justify it with "faith".

My mom used to release helium balloons with words written on them to "communicate" with her relatives in heaven. The balloons just "disappeared in the sky". Everyone argued with her. She just chose to have "faith". She didn't stop until she wrote her full name on the balloons a few times and the police showed up telling her to stop because she was littering the area with her crap.

Your faith is not a substitute for reality, just your intelligence.
    Last edited by fireup6; 12-10-2012 at 12:20 PM.

Krazshni has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Krazshni has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Krazshni has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Krazshni has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Krazshni has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Krazshni has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Krazshni has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Krazshni has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Krazshni has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Krazshni has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Krazshni has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Krazshni View Post
    > click here > https://sites.google.com/site/spiritualobjectivity/ < click here <

wot u think bout my biuriful page brah?
    why has the OP not replied 2 my post? ;'{

EvilThoughts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EvilThoughts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EvilThoughts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EvilThoughts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EvilThoughts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EvilThoughts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EvilThoughts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EvilThoughts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EvilThoughts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EvilThoughts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EvilThoughts has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Lol OP did you get worried about Dec. 21st or whatever day the world is suppose to end and decide to believe in God?

inb4 OP becomes atheist Dec. 22 again.

namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by YMCATeen View Post
    I always thought about it this way. I'm still Atheist by the way, but strongly considering going into Christianity.

Our body is just too intricate to be coincidental, the way our bodies repair, grow, and function is all too complex that we don't full understand.
    There has to be another way of it happening, there has to be a more powerful, and almighty being that created us. Our DNA has over 300,000 pages of DNA, and the chances of everything being so coincidental, the growth, the repairing, the reaction/homeostasis is 10^40,000 which was confirmed by a mathematical analysis and countless science professors.
    I'm sorry I missed this post. I'm really glad you posted this because this is very important. This goes back to what I am talking about when I say interpretation. You can interpret this as chance and coincidence or you can see it as graceful and divine. The divinity of the universe is insane. You can see space as cold and dead or you can see it as a miracle. It is all faith. The answer will never be clear. It's a complete mystery. It's stuff like this why I believe. We are so intricate and complex and so is everything. It's all interpretation and faith.
    *Good guy crew*
    *Cares about people crew*
    *Lifts for Strength crew*
    *MMA crew*
    ++ Positive Crew ++

RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000) RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000) RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000) RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000) RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000) RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000) RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000) RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000) RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000) RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000) RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by ftblplyr46 View Post
    So your saying Evolution is garbage, and millions and billions of years of it didnt actually perfect the organisms we see today? Somebody just made them up out of some dirt?

the simpletons can not wrap their minds around billions of years of organisms evolving; its fruitless to engage in debate really.
    ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

*Anti Marriage Crew*

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄,

KR3W1 is just really nice. (+1000) KR3W1 is just really nice. (+1000) KR3W1 is just really nice. (+1000) KR3W1 is just really nice. (+1000) KR3W1 is just really nice. (+1000) KR3W1 is just really nice. (+1000) KR3W1 is just really nice. (+1000) KR3W1 is just really nice. (+1000) KR3W1 is just really nice. (+1000) KR3W1 is just really nice. (+1000) KR3W1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    have you ate any mushrooms lately?

namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by EvilThoughts View Post
    Lol OP did you get worried about Dec. 21st or whatever day the world is suppose to end and decide to believe in God?

inb4 OP becomes atheist Dec. 22 again.
    Nope. Every year there is a new apocalypse coming.
    *Good guy crew*
    *MMA crew*
    ++ Positive Crew ++

basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DJK1221 View Post
    This.

Thread should just end right here, but idiots from both sides will continue to argue. Let people have faith in whatever they wish to.
    The OP wanted this.

And it's impossible to let people of faith alone since for many of them their beliefs leach out into society. Abortion, wanting evolution removed from school science rooms, gay marriage, etc, that is an almost endless list. Mention that you are an atheist or agnostic wanting to run for any office and it's game over.

Johnsmatrix is just really nice. (+1000) Johnsmatrix is just really nice. (+1000) Johnsmatrix is just really nice. (+1000) Johnsmatrix is just really nice. (+1000) Johnsmatrix is just really nice. (+1000) Johnsmatrix is just really nice. (+1000) Johnsmatrix is just really nice. (+1000) Johnsmatrix is just really nice. (+1000) Johnsmatrix is just really nice. (+1000) Johnsmatrix is just really nice. (+1000) Johnsmatrix is just really nice. (+1000)
    Had weird things happen to me to, but I won't discuss that.
    Thread: Ask a former atheist who strongly believes in God anything

??????

Originally Posted by KR3W1 View Post
    have you eaten any mushrooms lately?
    Only drug I do is caffiene brah.

Brb, Just running to the doctor.
    *Good guy crew*
    *MMA crew*
    ++ Positive Crew ++

deaglebrah is just really nice. (+1000) deaglebrah is just really nice. (+1000) deaglebrah is just really nice. (+1000) deaglebrah is just really nice. (+1000) deaglebrah is just really nice. (+1000) deaglebrah is just really nice. (+1000) deaglebrah is just really nice. (+1000) deaglebrah is just really nice. (+1000) deaglebrah is just really nice. (+1000) deaglebrah is just really nice. (+1000) deaglebrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by RightKindaGuy View Post
    the simpletons can not wrap their minds around billions of years of organisms evolving; its fruitless to engage in debate really.
    Most religious people believe in evolution and the fact that the universe is billions of years old. Put aside your intolerance and look at facts.

RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000) RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000) RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000) RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000) RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000) RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000) RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000) RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000) RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000) RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000) RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by deaglebrah View Post
    Most religious people believe in evolution .
    sorry man, but that is a fail. there was a thread on here just a week ago suggesting otherwise.
    ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

*Anti Marriage Crew*

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄,

roadtrippin is not very helpful. (-500) roadtrippin is not very helpful. (-500) roadtrippin is not very helpful. (-500) roadtrippin is not very helpful. (-500) roadtrippin is not very helpful. (-500) roadtrippin is not very helpful. (-500) roadtrippin is not very helpful. (-500) roadtrippin is not very helpful. (-500) roadtrippin is not very helpful. (-500) roadtrippin is not very helpful. (-500) roadtrippin is not very helpful. (-500)
    Why did you revert back to retardism?

bigwolfman007 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigwolfman007 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigwolfman007 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigwolfman007 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigwolfman007 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigwolfman007 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigwolfman007 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigwolfman007 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigwolfman007 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigwolfman007 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigwolfman007 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Good start OP may the light guide you

MP525i will become famous soon enough. (+50) MP525i will become famous soon enough. (+50) MP525i will become famous soon enough. (+50) MP525i will become famous soon enough. (+50) MP525i will become famous soon enough. (+50) MP525i will become famous soon enough. (+50) MP525i will become famous soon enough. (+50) MP525i will become famous soon enough. (+50) MP525i will become famous soon enough. (+50) MP525i will become famous soon enough. (+50) MP525i will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    christian brah checking in...

i agree with most of the posts in this thread. religion is an evil and corrupt institution that's been enslaving millions of people for thousands of years. it nourishes the idea of fear into people's hearts (makes sense to get repeat customers). if more people knew how free and made perfect they really were, the whole attitude around the globe would be different.

i guess you could say i'm a jesus freak that believes in big bang theory and WANTS the progress of science and technology to flourish. i guess i get ticked off when a lot of "religious" people condemn the facts of science and technological advances.

good luck with your journey brah.
    [ 300 Spartan Crew ]

ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Why do you have to refer to it as God rather than just an aspect of nature that drives us to do the things we are "meant to do"? I believe in science but I do think there are things that just don't have answers and even if they do they are answers that humans may never comprehend. I don't see what this has to do with God or religion or anything. I just see it as part of nature. The same way a lion is driven to hunt their prey for food humans are driven to progress their race and prosper. It CAN be coincidence, it CAN be god, it CAN be anything but attempting to nail it down to one answer when there is no real evidence for any of it is a huge disservice to logical thought and spirituality. The same way a lion doesn't have the brain capacity to understand why it hunts so fervently for prey maybe humans simply don't have the brain capacity to ever understand why we do the things we do or end up where we do.

Originally Posted by roadtrippin View Post
    Why did you revert back to retardism?
    I thought atheism was logical, but my logic changed. Kind of figured out that atheism was just as blind as organized religion.
    *Good guy crew*
    *MMA crew*
    ++ Positive Crew ++

ThisisnotChad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThisisnotChad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThisisnotChad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThisisnotChad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThisisnotChad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThisisnotChad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThisisnotChad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThisisnotChad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThisisnotChad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThisisnotChad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThisisnotChad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    go.
    What traumatic brain injury did you sustain to make you dumber to come to your conclusions ?

Originally Posted by ThisisnotChad View Post
    What traumatic brain injury did you sustain to make you dumber to come to your conclusions ?
    Not sure why people have to be so disrespectful. Why are you being so conceited brah?
    *Good guy crew*
    *MMA crew*
    ++ Positive Crew ++

JOK3RR is just really nice. (+1000) JOK3RR is just really nice. (+1000) JOK3RR is just really nice. (+1000) JOK3RR is just really nice. (+1000) JOK3RR is just really nice. (+1000) JOK3RR is just really nice. (+1000) JOK3RR is just really nice. (+1000) JOK3RR is just really nice. (+1000) JOK3RR is just really nice. (+1000) JOK3RR is just really nice. (+1000) JOK3RR is just really nice. (+1000)
    "I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is." At least if you've led a life by religion you've led a good life. Morals. Lol at the people shooting down OP for deciding to follow a set of morals to better his life (he's even said he doesn't take the bible literally) and lol at the people saying OP is agnostic.
    Last edited by JOK3RR; 12-10-2012 at 02:14 PM.
    Shredu>zyzz (That means rep me)

gasonjenova has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Blackbrere View Post
    The ancient Hindu school of Advaita Vedenta is worth checking out. Basically it affirms that reality is Brahman; undifferentiated and beyond all qualities, including personhood, so no need to make out like you're better then anyone else. Individuality is merely an illusion as the true self is Brahman. Therefore life after death for the Hindu is a kind of enlightened realisation of Brahman or simply coming to peace with yourself. Ofcourse there's karma, so if you're bad in one life, you're going to have to try again. There's also Buddhism which instead of Brahman, there's no reality, just you understanding yourself. My mind was blown at how better Hindu teachings (there's a lot) are (at least the Advaita Vedenta and Budhism) in comparison to western monotheistic religions.

I'm an atheist and don't mean to hijack thread or promote my views, just OP it might be worth reading about if you're interested.
    i can confirm, i am hinduism