Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    goranothos is just really nice. (+1000) goranothos is just really nice. (+1000) goranothos is just really nice. (+1000) goranothos is just really nice. (+1000) goranothos is just really nice. (+1000) goranothos is just really nice. (+1000) goranothos is just really nice. (+1000) goranothos is just really nice. (+1000) goranothos is just really nice. (+1000) goranothos is just really nice. (+1000) goranothos is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mikieson View Post
    i like that..lol..i tire of having to explain things too..
    I am so glad another O35er understands. :-)
    He which hath no stomach to this fight, let him depart.

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    hm
    a lot of folks here don't know what the fk they are talking about.
    Steven Seagal was a legit master of aikido and aiki jujutsu, years before stapping on the big screen. he was the first westerner allowed to operate a Dojo in Japan, he trained under the Aikido founder. His blackbelt tests were said to be some of the most brutal in Japan at that time. Don't look at him as a guy with a big belly who no longer trains, he still practices his art.
    Don't think that he would fight like he does in the movies.
    The reason he would win is he has always trained with lethal and disabling techniques, he has never trained to get a tap out, he has probably forgotten more submission techniques that randy couture has known.
    this year there have been multiple knockouts by top ranked fighters who attribute their wins directly to techniques learned from Seagal.

That said, in a fight anything can happen, thats why I would never bet on a fight.

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by thepainter5 View Post
    Try reading this article and see a bit of Seagal's own legacy in martial arts,
    http://www.blackbeltmag.com/daily/ma...ry-in-america/
    Doesn't matter .... Couture has proved himself in competition, Seagal has not. There is a reason why you don't see Aikido masters dominating MMA.

BTW, Bas Rutten would also spank Seagal
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

goranothos is just really nice. (+1000) goranothos is just really nice. (+1000) goranothos is just really nice. (+1000) goranothos is just really nice. (+1000) goranothos is just really nice. (+1000) goranothos is just really nice. (+1000) goranothos is just really nice. (+1000) goranothos is just really nice. (+1000) goranothos is just really nice. (+1000) goranothos is just really nice. (+1000) goranothos is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    Doesn't matter .... Couture has proved himself in competition, Seagal has not. There is a reason why you don't see Aikido masters dominating MMA.
    Probably the same reason you don't see MMA masters dominating bodybuilding.

They are two completely different sports.

Do you, Karl, think a champion MMA, uh, practitioner (sorry, I don't know what to call them), could survive against an olympic fencer in a sword fight for very long?
    Last edited by goranothos; 12-16-2012 at 04:39 PM.

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by goranothos View Post

Do you, Karl, think a champion MMA, uh, practitioner (sorry, I don't know what to call them), could survive against an olympic fencer in a sword fight for very long?
    There you have it. Seagal may be a martial artist, but he is not a fighter.

orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Attitude and charisma have completely different meanings.

Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Strong missing the point.

The original intent of MMA/UFC was to determine who was the best MARTIAL ARTIST. The early bouts pitted Okinawan Karate and Wrestling, Ju-Jitsu vs. Boxing, etc.. You do your thing, I'll do mine and the last man standing is... well, the last man standing.

It was - and still is, open to everybody, and last I checked, Aikido was still considered a Martial Art, no? They are not two completely different sports, but rather one is an "art" and the other the arena in which to test it.
    "Do you think SHE actually felt like that was a sexual thing he was doing? She's like 6. Only an actual p3do would think that she thought he was groping her, too."

"Not that it's impossible to touch a minor inappropriately, but it is true that a 6 year old girl will not recognize someone putting a hand on their chest as groping, whether it is inappropriate or not."

- Jayarbie

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=182007113&p=1671975503#post1671975503

ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'd fight Seagal. For free.
    100% Raw / Natural
    July 2009 - 273 pounds - PL Total: 540
    July 2010 - 255 pounds - PL Total: 775
    July 2011 - 221 pounds - PL Total: 1065
    July 2012 - 228 pounds - PL Total: 1240

Latest physical test results - rested heart rate of 48 bpm

COTA/SDI - MMA Fighter - Semper Fi
    ***reps back***

lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Doing some searches to find out more about Seagal, having only ever seen him in under siege, I happened across this hilarious opinion piece on this very strange man. Anyway, I don't know who would win, I don't care, without the opportunity for witnesses what's the point?

Originally Posted by Bushmaster View Post
    Strong missing the point.

The original intent of MMA/UFC was to determine who was the best MARTIAL ARTIST. The early bouts pitted Okinawan Karate and Wrestling, Ju-Jitsu vs. Boxing, etc.. You do your thing, I'll do mine and the last man standing is... well, the last man standing.

It was - and still is, open to everybody, and last I checked, Aikido was still considered a Martial Art, no? They are not two completely different sports, but rather one is an "art" and the other the arena in which to test it.
    I am not missing anything, including the original UFC fights which I watched live. No time limits, no weight classes, very few rules. BJJ dominated.

Many, many, many more rules now. Much more of a sport fight than the early days.

I'm sorry, what was your point?

Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I am not missing anything, including the original UFC fights which I watched live. No time limits, no weight classes, very few rules. BJJ dominated.

Many, many, many more rules now. Much more of a sport fight than the early days.

I'm sorry, what was your point?

The point was...

A) You have no idea WTF you're talking about.

Or...

B) You're just arguing for the sake of having an argument..

Because earlier you said...

Bleah, I have all those on........VHS TAPE!!!

Even those early fights had many, many rules, bro.
    Which is it?
    "Do you think SHE actually felt like that was a sexual thing he was doing? She's like 6. Only an actual p3do would think that she thought he was groping her, too."

"Not that it's impossible to touch a minor inappropriately, but it is true that a 6 year old girl will not recognize someone putting a hand on their chest as groping, whether it is inappropriate or not."

- Jayarbie

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=182007113&p=1671975503#post1671975503

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by lunchbreak View Post
    Doing some searches to find out more about Seagal, having only ever seen him in under siege, I happened across this hilarious opinion piece on this very strange man. Anyway, I don't know who would win, I don't care, without the opportunity for witnesses what's the point?
    ---

When I read the link I have to admit I've never laughed so much. Talk about deconstruction! Whether this is all true or somewhat embellished--and, as always, the truth, I feel, lies somewhere in the middle--the story made my practically hurl all over the keyboard.

The lulz were had, that's all I can say.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Studied aikido in my early 20 's.Very traditional MA.Belts only issued by descendent of a Samuari warrior .The sensei that trained us could not judge us for belt advancement .We got graded by individuals from Japan.A very lethal art but not aggressive ,redirects an attack rather than initiate.If you ever take notice most moves originate from the motion of a sword coming at you.Because the wrists are the closest and most vulnerable of an opponent almost every move originates there .Its ancient and revolves around confrontation in Fuedal Japan.Not well rounded enough for today's mesh of all styles .MMA is the pit bull of MA....
    True genius is often shown in elegant simplicity .

m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by champ07 View Post
    Studied aikido in my early 20 's.Very traditional MA.Belts only issued by descendent of a Samuari warrior .The sensei that trained us could not judge us for belt advancement .We got graded by individuals from Japan.A very lethal art but not aggressive ,redirects an attack rather than initiate.If you ever take notice most moves originate from the motion of a sword coming at you.Because the wrists are the closest and most vulnerable of an opponent almost every move originates there .Its ancient and revolves around confrontation in Fuedal Japan.Not well rounded enough for today's mesh of all styles .MMA is the pit bull of MA....
    How would an aikido fighter deal with a low single leg takedown against an experienced wrestler? Do they train to defend takedowns? James Toney (an all time great boxer) trained takedown defense for a year, but he had no chance against Couture's decades of wrestling experience.

What would happen to a pure aikido fighter once he's on his back? I'm sure Seagal has done plenty of cross training, but I doubt he's trained enough wrestling and jiu jitsu to beat Couture even if he was in his prime. I'm sure he could beat most people easily, just not an elite MMA fighter like Couture.

It's rare to see a traditional standup martial artist succeed in mixed martial arts these days. A fighter like Lyoto Machida can make traditional karate work only because he has years of experience training to defend against wrestling and jiu jitsu.

Originally Posted by m314 View Post
    I'm sure he could beat most people easily.
    I'm not even sure he could do that. Watching some of his old martial arts demonstration videos is pure comedy.

champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Question

m314.Do you know how to read?
    True genius is often shown in elegant simplicity .

m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    BTW, Bas Rutten would also spank Seagal
    Bas has been one of my biggest martial arts heroes since the 90s. I finally got to meet him over the summer.

I got so nervous when I finally met him, I felt like I was asking the prom queen out on a date in high school. No homo. He was cool, though. He took credit for my cast. "I did that. First round armbar."

Originally Posted by champ07 View Post
    m314.Do you know how to read?
    Duh, I dunno. Yer post dont mention no takedowns.

Bas has been one of my biggest martial arts heroes since the 90s. I finally got to meet him over the summer.
    Cool pic! I am a fan of his too -- Nice guy, but I would NOT want to get on his bad side. Some of his stories are just crazy.

Cool pic! I am a fan of his too -- Nice guy, but I would NOT want to get on his bad side. Some of his stories are just crazy.
    A buddy of mine tried to talk me into challenging Bas to a fight. That way he'd respect me more. Lol. I wouldn't want to get on his bad side either. In the history of hand to hand combat, there are very few if any people who could beat Bas in his prime. Maybe Fedor, but maybe not.

This is probably why Seagal thinks he can beat Couture. He had trained this kick with Lyoto Machida in the months leading up to the fight, and everyone thought it was a joke. Then Machida used it to win the fight. I never thought the Karate Kid kick would work in a real fight.

Seagal is no Machida, though. Machida could only use this kick because of his excellent defensive wrestling skills. No one has been able to take him down and hold him down except for Jon Jones. Traditional standup martial artists can only beat elite wrestlers when they have superior takedown defense.

Originally Posted by Bushmaster View Post
    The point was...

A) You have no idea WTF you're talking about.

Or...

B) You're just arguing for the sake of having an argument..

Because earlier you said...

Which is it?
    I am flattered by your attention to my posts.

I'll make it simple.

Early MMA had rules, quite a few of them. Modern MMA has many more rules.

MMA is a sport, goverened by rules.

Now, with that said, I am an MMA fan (Chuck Liddell is my favorite), but not a big enough fan to actually pay PPV fees. But big enough to watch the big fights on YouTube afterwards.

I have seen enough of MMA, since the early 1990s, to understand that it is a sport fight, just like boxing, with ever-changing rules.

A "real" fight has no rules. Not a one. No rules, no ring, no cage, no referee, nothing.

That's pretty much it.

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am flattered by your attention to my posts.

I'll make it simple.

Early MMA had rules, quite a few of them. Modern MMA has many more rules.

MMA is a sport, goverened by rules.

Now, with that said, I am an MMA fan (Chuck Liddell is my favorite), but not a big enough fan to actually pay PPV fees. But big enough to watch the big fights on YouTube afterwards.

I have seen enough of MMA, since the early 1990s, to understand that it is a sport fight, just like boxing, with ever-changing rules.

A "real" fight has no rules. Not a one. No rules, no ring, no cage, no referee, nothing.

That's pretty much it.
    ----

I'm just going to focus on your last two sentences. In a fight with no rules and no ref--in other words, a legit street fight--I'd put my money on the best-conditioned guy who's had the most experience IMO fighting with a variety of styles, and that's Couture. Granted, one shot could take him out as Machida did in the vid and yes, Steven Seagal has probably picked up a number of techniques over the years. Having said that, the guy, from the photos I've seen, is simply not in condition. He's overweight, out of shape, and if push came to shove, I think RC would take him down and pound the living daylights out of him. JMO...you're entitled to yours.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

brb bulk-utting! nvrstopworking's Avatar
    nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    A buddy of mine tried to talk me into challenging Bas to a fight. That way he'd respect me more. Lol. I wouldn't want to get on his bad side either. In the history of hand to hand combat, there are very few if any people who could beat Bas in his prime. Maybe Fedor, but maybe not.
    Ken Shamrock did.... twice. Although perhaps one could argue that he wasn't yet "in his prime". A real shame that they never fought for a third time.

Would have also liked to have seen him fight prime Wanderlei and prime Crocop. Maybe Sakuraba too (who's my personal fave).

I have to admit though... he looks like one crazy mo-fo. The LAST person that I would ever want to fight lol.

So many great stories about him too.... here's a good one.

Originally Posted by nvrstopworking View Post
    Ken Shamrock did.... twice. Although perhaps one could argue that he wasn't yet "in his prime". A real shame that they never fought for a third time.

Would have also liked to have seen him fight prime Wanderlei and prime Crocop. Maybe Sakuraba too (who's my personal fave).

I have to admit though... he looks like one crazy mo-fo. The LAST person that I would ever want to fight lol.

So many great stories about him too.... here's a good one.

Bas is one of those fighters who evolved and got better through his career. His submission skills (offensive and defensive) continued to improve with each fight. I'd consider the Shamrock losses to be before his prime (second half of the 90s). He went undefeated for his next 22 fights after the 2nd loss to Ken.

I'd love to see how he would have done against today's elite fighters like Jon Jones and Junior Dos Santos. It's one of those "mythical matchup" questions, like who'd win between a prime Tyson and Ali.

I'll have to check out that story later.

Originally Posted by GuyJin View Post
    ----

I'm just going to focus on your last two sentences. In a fight with no rules and no ref--in other words, a legit street fight--I'd put my money on the best-conditioned guy who's had the most experience IMO fighting with a variety of styles, and that's Couture. Granted, one shot could take him out as Machida did in the vid and yes, Steven Seagal has probably picked up a number of techniques over the years. Having said that, the guy, from the photos I've seen, is simply not in condition. He's overweight, out of shape, and if push came to shove, I think RC would take him down and pound the living daylights out of him. JMO...you're entitled to yours.
    Yes, everything you said is probably true. RC would probably take down old, fat, SS and beat the hell out of him.....unless SS pulled out a towel with a billiard ball wrapped inside. ;-)

Guys, yes, in sport fighting, as in all sports, conditioning and practice is paramount.

In real life confrontations, it's all about who is better armed, fastest, most ruthless, most able to quickly assess the situation, etc, etc. And yes, conditioning is important also.

For example, if a group of three men confronts you in an aggressive manner, and one of them advances towards you threatingly, are you going to attempt to take him to the ground and try to get him in a choke hold, as a BJJ trained MMA fighter might do?

No, I don't believe anyone reading this is stupid enough to try that maneuver.

Assuming all four of you are unarmed, your best bet (obviously) is to run for it, because not RC, SS, or even Chuck Norris is likely to come out on top of this situation.

Now if you happen to pull out a knife, and your three opponents are unarmed, the situation changes a great deal.

Despite what we have all seen in the movies, a man holding a 6 inch knife, who able to use it with a basic degree of competitance, is more than a match for one, two, or perhaps even three unarmed opponents.

Suppose one of your three opponents grabs a baseball bat? Well, your knife weilding arse better be beating a hasty retreat.

There are no Ubermensch, IMO.

Bottom line: Yes, I believe SS would have a chance in a no rules fight against RC.

Quitting is not an option thepainter5's Avatar
    thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000)
    .....Assuming all four of you are unarmed, your best bet (obviously) is to run for it, because not RC, SS, or even Chuck Norris is likely to come out on top of this situation.....
    Seriously??? Three guys going after one guy usually indicates a 'bully' mind set in those three guys. Bullies don't tend to be well trained because if they were they wouldn't need to go 3 on 1. If the person being attacked is any of those three guys you named I expect bad outcomes for the three guys. The problem with having to defend yourself against multiple opponents is actually trained for and tested for at higher levels of many martial arts. I expect that our named fighters above know the simple rule when forced to fight against 3 guys, kill the first one, break the second one and the third will likely have already ran away.

Add weapons to the mix above and the one guy who isn't prepared to actually use that weapon is likely going to give it up really quickly.

Should the majority of people run if they can, yes. Should Randy, Steven or Chuck run? Depends on how charitable they feel towards mouthy bullies.

Originally Posted by thepainter5 View Post
    Seriously??? Three guys going after one guy usually indicates a 'bully' mind set in those three guys. Bullies don't tend to be well trained because if they were they wouldn't need to go 3 on 1. If the person being attacked is any of those three guys you named I expect bad outcomes for the three guys. The problem with having to defend yourself against multiple opponents is actually trained for and tested for at higher levels of many martial arts. I expect that our named fighters above know the simple rule when forced to fight against 3 guys, kill the first one, break the second one and the third will likely have already ran away.

Add weapons to the mix above and the one guy who isn't prepared to actually use that weapon is likely going to give it up really quickly.

Should the majority of people run if they can, yes. Should Randy, Steven or Chuck run? Depends on how charitable they feel towards mouthy bullies.
    I submit.

VlKlNG is just really nice. (+1000) VlKlNG is just really nice. (+1000) VlKlNG is just really nice. (+1000) VlKlNG is just really nice. (+1000) VlKlNG is just really nice. (+1000) VlKlNG is just really nice. (+1000) VlKlNG is just really nice. (+1000) VlKlNG is just really nice. (+1000) VlKlNG is just really nice. (+1000) VlKlNG is just really nice. (+1000) VlKlNG is just really nice. (+1000)
    "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." – Thomas Jefferson
    Ron Paul 16' R[̲̅ə̲̅٨̲̅٥̲̅٦̲̅]ution
    NY Rangers-Jets-Mets
    ***Viking Crew***

Bottom line: Yes, I believe SS would have a chance in a no rules fight against RC.
    "No rules fight" usually still implies a few basic rules. No weapons and no buddies joining in. If you mean "no rules" literally, it would come down to a gunfight.

Seagal would have a chance against anyone, but I don't think it would be much of a chance against Couture in a fair fight. One on one with no weapons allowed.

Bas is one of those fighters who evolved and got better through his career. His submission skills (offensive and defensive) continued to improve with each fight. I'd consider the Shamrock losses to be before his prime (second half of the 90s). He went undefeated for his next 22 fights after the 2nd loss to Ken.

I'd love to see how he would have done against today's elite fighters like Jon Jones and Junior Dos Santos. It's one of those "mythical matchup" questions, like who'd win between a prime Tyson and Ali.

I'll have to check out that story later.

Yup, those fights were before Bas bothered training sub defense. IMO, in his prime, he was much better than Shamrock ever was.