tfroost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfroost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfroost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfroost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfroost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfroost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfroost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfroost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfroost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfroost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfroost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Newbie: Am I taking the right path?

TLDR:

Height: 1.71m / 5'7''
    Weight: 75kg / 165.5 lbs
    Bodyfat: 20-25% ? (pictures attached, unsure since waiting for skin-fold callipers to be delivered: any estimates greatly appreciated)
    Daily intake with a 747 caloric deficit = 1729 calories per day [assuming my TDEE = 2076 (sedentary lifestyle) + 400 (exercise: 3 days lifting (newbie), 4 days cardio)]
    Temporary goal: 69kg / 152 lbs (meaning 0.67kg / 1.5lbs lost per week over 9 weeks)

What are your thoughts?
    Many thanks!

Long version:

Hi, until now I have gradually lost 15kg / 33 lbs over a course of about a year (hopefully the majority of that was bodyfat) by increasing my energy expenditure (some bodyweight exercises such as pushups, and occasional light cardio) and reduced my daily intake slightly. I have attached images of my current self (relaxed, no flexing). I am not sure of my bodyfat percentage but after a comparison with other images, I am guessing 20-25%. Any opinions here would be greatly appreciated!

Now, I've decided to plan things out more methodically, speed up the process and hope to begin weight training as well. I have a few questions about how to go about this:

1) How long should I continue cutting before I consider maintaining or bulking? (I am worried that all that will left of me is skin and bone down the road - when I stretch my body, I can clearly see my ribcage now.)

2) If I continue, should I keep on going at a gradual rate as before, or can I speed things up as outlined above? (I am worried about loss of the muscle that I do have. Some sources I have read say: never go beyond 20% TDEE reduction, or never go below 1200 calories daily, or 1000 caloric deficit maximum.)

3) Is it ok to start some weight training, or should I just continue with bodyweight exercises and cardio? (I've read through many threads that beginners make significant gains when starting out. I am worried that I will waste these 'newbie' gains or worse, lose muscle, by starting weight training during this large caloric deficit. On the other hand, I have read that you have to have weight training so you maintain strength and muscle(?). Having done no training prior to this, how would I know if I am having a reduction in strength without having to experiment during this cut and risk losing muscle?)

4) In general, what is the best way forward?

Diet details:
    165g Protein, 167.5g Carbs, 37.5g Fat = 1668 calories daily
    (Protein = 1g/lb bodyweight, Fat = 20% daily intake, Carbs = remainder)
    One 427 calorie cheat meal a week.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if I have been too wordy!
    Attached Images

qurs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) qurs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) qurs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) qurs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) qurs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) qurs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) qurs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) qurs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) qurs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) qurs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) qurs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Will work if your TDEE is accurate. Track your weight over three weeks and compare it to the amount of calories you eat a week to see if you're close. I think most people on these forums will tell you that your fat intake might be too low. Most recommend .4g/lb LBW.

I only read the TLDR sorry.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Cut, lift while cutting, get adequate protein and fat, good things will happen, stop overthinking.

1. Get rid of your misconceptions
    2. Calculate your calories and macros
    3. Eat about 20% less calories than you burn each day while still meeting minimum protein and fat. Get the remainder of cals from carbs.
    4. Buy a kitchen scale and weigh everything that goes in your pie hole.
    5. Count calories using a site like MyFitnessPal. Here's how to count properly.
    6. Lift heavy weights to preserve muscle mass, on a program like Starting Strength. Why this program? Read this.
    7. If nothing happens after 3 weeks, reexamine calculations, and eat less.

tfroost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfroost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfroost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfroost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfroost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfroost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfroost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfroost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfroost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfroost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfroost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the advice so far!

@qurs
    Yes, looks like I wasn't going to take enough fat daily! Thank goodness you pointed that out before I jumped into what I had planned Cheers!

@dmacdonal9
    I have a habit of over-thinking lol (which is probably why I've already got my kitchen scale ready, you didn't have to say ). I'll make sure to read through the information you've provided. Thanks!