Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Codinie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by KDwyer View Post
    awesome guide man, i play AFL (Australian football)

im just curious does jogging for miles help build stamina or will short sprints still build good stamina
    Yea it does bud because it slowly builds just keep changing distance and speed each week or so or sprint full pace 10 seconds then jog 20

mccoyb1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hell yeah man... Rugby!!!

xbreezie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Will this help with vertical explosiveness?

dubs89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im a 20 yr old hockey player and was thinking about taking anavar, what do you guys think? i want to get some feedback before i do so, i was thinking a low dosage for about 4 weeks with novladex, my goals are not to become 'big' just stronger faster and more explosive

wesley2367 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice thread

the1achilies has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=RollTideNation;990554803]
    Workout A
    1.Box squat 3x3
    2.Bench press 3x5
    3.DB shoulder press 3x8
    4.Row 5x6-12
    5.Shrugs 3x8
    6.Posterior chain exercise 3x5-10
    7.Core work 3 sets

Workout B
    1.Deadlift 3x3
    2.Push press 4x3
    3.DB bench press 3x8
    4.Chin/pull ups 3x5-12
    5.Rear delt work 3x8
    6.Unilateral leg exercise 3x5
    7.Core work 3 sets

.[will this workout help me with strength an speed for boxing?

Lightweight1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great stuff. thanks

Adavii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by daxpwn View Post
    awesome article thanks!
    any other specific drills/ examples that would be good for rugby conditioning?
    Gassers are great for conditioning in any sport. This is where you sprint the WIDTH of your field down and back.. Perfect mix of mid distance with max intensity.. Set the bar high and give yourself a time limit.

nbaplaya has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nbaplaya has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nbaplaya has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nbaplaya has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nbaplaya has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nbaplaya has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I play competitive soccer and basketball...

Burnts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Burnts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Burnts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Burnts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Burnts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Burnts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Burnts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Burnts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Burnts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Burnts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Burnts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good thread.

Let's not forget about periodization though, which can be an efficient way to improve strength, power, endurance, or whatever combinations of traits you are training.
    For example, I am a D1 college tennis player(pu$$y I know), and during my off-season, I wanted to increase my strength, explosiveness/power (the combination of speed and strength), and strength-endurance(strength for an extended period of time). Now I could create a workout that I would do throughout the summer that would include low rep heavy weights for strength, plyos for power, and high rep work for strength endurance. But if I trained them all at the same time, my body would not adapt optimally.

Instead, I break up my goals into three "periods", the first being my strength period. So I would run a strength program for say a month (a 5x5 program, for example), get my strength up a lot with optimal recovery, and then move onto training power. I would then focus mainly on explosive movements (including low volume strength work during this section is not a bad idea) and my body would expend all of its resources on making me a more explosive athlete, using the strength base I created for myself. A few weeks before my season, I would do a strength endurance program. For a tennis player, this is going to involve body weight exercise timed circuits, involving some plyometric exercises as well, but without weight now. This will translate directly to tennis, strength and power for an extended period of time. By the time I am done with this period of my training, my season begins, and I am in peak condition for it. I have my strength base (I am probably able to lift slightly less weight than I could when I finished my strength period), which I then converted into power and strength-endurance, the two aspects that directly translate to tennis. I have trained so that I peak as my fall season begins, and when it ends, I will train in a way that allows me to peak again during the spring season.

Cardio and the like should be periodized as well, depending on your goals as an athlete. Every sport is different and has different physiological needs, but periodizing your training is the way that the best athletes in the world train (even if you are on a high school football team with a decent coach, your training is probably periodized).

Ideally, especially if you are training without strength coaches who create a schedule for you, you plan your training so that you peak during your season.

Hope this helps someone. I just used myself as an example. Periodization can get very complex, but if you look on google there are some good articles.

Also, if anyone has any problems with what I've said, let me know please!

RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Burnts View Post
    Good thread.

Let's not forget about periodization though, which can be an efficient way to improve strength, power, endurance, or whatever combinations of traits you are training.
    For example, I am a D1 college tennis player(pu$$y I know), and during my off-season, I wanted to increase my strength, explosiveness/power (the combination of speed and strength), and strength-endurance(strength for an extended period of time). Now I could create a workout that I would do throughout the summer that would include low rep heavy weights for strength, plyos for power, and high rep work for strength endurance. But if I trained them all at the same time, my body would not adapt optimally.

Instead, I break up my goals into three "periods", the first being my strength period. So I would run a strength program for say a month (a 5x5 program, for example), get my strength up a lot with optimal recovery, and then move onto training power. I would then focus mainly on explosive movements (including low volume strength work during this section is not a bad idea) and my body would expend all of its resources on making me a more explosive athlete, using the strength base I created for myself. A few weeks before my season, I would do a strength endurance program. For a tennis player, this is going to involve body weight exercise timed circuits, involving some plyometric exercises as well, but without weight now. This will translate directly to tennis, strength and power for an extended period of time. By the time I am done with this period of my training, my season begins, and I am in peak condition for it. I have my strength base (I am probably able to lift slightly less weight than I could when I finished my strength period), which I then converted into power and strength-endurance, the two aspects that directly translate to tennis. I have trained so that I peak as my fall season begins, and when it ends, I will train in a way that allows me to peak again during the spring season.

Cardio and the like should be periodized as well, depending on your goals as an athlete. Every sport is different and has different physiological needs, but periodizing your training is the way that the best athletes in the world train (even if you are on a high school football team with a decent coach, your training is probably periodized).

Ideally, especially if you are training without strength coaches who create a schedule for you, you plan your training so that you peak during your season.

Hope this helps someone. I just used myself as an example. Periodization can get very complex, but if you look on google there are some good articles.

Also, if anyone has any problems with what I've said, let me know please!
    This is a very good post!

Periodization is a very good way to train. Most athletes will in fact work on strength and power during the offseason, as well as speed (not as big of an emphasis as strength), and crush their bodies with conditioning before the season starts. I do however think that working multiple strength qualities is the best way to train, but periodization could be better for athletes.

Once again, great post!
    This post is Natypes approved.
    Natypes crew

I'm also a gun snob.

MrIncrediblely will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrIncrediblely will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrIncrediblely will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrIncrediblely will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrIncrediblely will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrIncrediblely will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrIncrediblely will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrIncrediblely will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrIncrediblely will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrIncrediblely will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrIncrediblely will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Don't forget trunk strengthening/stabilizing exercises

golightlys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know it's an old thread but just came across it. Great information and very helpful. Thanks!

MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am looking to transform my body and build it so I can excel at football (soccer for you Ameribrahs)

As you have covered, I want to increase my speed, power, strength and stamina!

Naturally, I am pretty quick and agile, although I have not played for a team in years so I feel that I am starting at the very bottom, especially with my stamina! Apart from my physical activity at work I do not get any other exercise really. Looking to change all of that though, so your guide will come in very useful!

For my strength and power, I am going to do Rippetoes Starting Strength. It has a lot of compound lifts so I can have a good go at that!

For football (soccer) I feel that training for acceleration will be more effective than for top end speed. Naturally I am pretty fast once I get past 30-40yds, so it will be beneficial for me to train more towards acceleration.

What would you recommend I do for flexibility ?

So, TUE, THU and SAT will be my lifting days. MON, WED and FRI will be my days for speed, agility and stamina.

What I need to go and do now is, find out what workouts I should do for an increase in stamina ( I want to be able to last 90 mins on the pitch ) and decide which workouts I should do for acceleration/agility.

How would this week look:

MON- Stamina
    TUE- Weights
    WED- Speed
    THU- Weights
    FRI-Agility
    SAT-Weights
    SUN- Match day!

Or would this week look better?

MON- Weights
    TUE- Speed/agility
    WED- Weights
    THU- Stamina
    FRI- Weights
    SAT- Rest
    SUN- Match day!

Just wondering if I should separate agility and speed training ? Or try to do them on the same day ?

Would really appreciate some help guys as I am really looking forward to getting started with this!

slapjamir09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RollTideNation View Post

Workout A
    1.Box squat 3x3
    2.Bench press 3x5
    3.DB shoulder press 3x8
    4.Row 5x6-12
    5.Shrugs 3x8
    6.Posterior chain exercise 3x5-10
    7.Core work 3 sets

Workout B
    1.Deadlift 3x3
    2.Push press 4x3
    3.DB bench press 3x8
    4.Chin/pull ups 3x5-12
    5.Rear delt work 3x8
    6.Unilateral leg exercise 3x5
    7.Core work 3 sets
    Im conditioning myself because i'm planning to enroll in a BJJ class this month and i'm really serious about it. So im searching for routines to condition my body.

Just a couple of question:

1. Just had a lower back injury, is there any alternative to squats? Will bulgarian split squats 3x5 and lunges 3x10 can compensate with that?
    2. Alternative for deadlift?
    3. What row? Is BB, DB or cable row?
    4. If it's BB bent over row, can i do yates row instead? (lower back injury)
    5. What if i can't do much with chin ups? I think i can only do 3 chinups.
    6. What are posterior chain and unilateral leg exercises?
    7. What good core exercises that i can do with this routine?

Thanks guys!

MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Any help guys?

GanaBJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How should I do these excersises? Should I go slow and good form or work on the explosiveness but also good form or kinda mixed it together? It seems that when I go slow there is extreme intensity and I tire out my muscles halfway through the workout and when I explode and go fast there isn't really much intensity but I get the workout done

scottdwyer98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was wondering if anyone knows any good exercises to improve rowing. I have been in the sport for four years now and have made fantastic gains to my strength and speed. Im looking to keep making those gains so if anyone knows any great rowing workouts that would be mush appreciated! Thanks

sdhiv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Excellent articles, after read your article, I will make less mistake when I doing sport! Thanks!

Mackiever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mackiever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mackiever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mackiever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mackiever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mackiever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mackiever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mackiever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mackiever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mackiever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mackiever will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If only programming would be as fun as working out at the gym, this would a better world.
    Java, c, c++, python, php, html, sql, etc...

πολυμαθής ก้้้้้้้้้้้ ThundaHorz's Avatar
    ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    in4l8r/subbed
    fui quod es, eris quod sum

Eddie67 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by scottdwyer98 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone knows any good exercises to improve rowing. I have been in the sport for four years now and have made fantastic gains to my strength and speed. Im looking to keep making those gains so if anyone knows any great rowing workouts that would be mush appreciated! Thanks
    You still need advice man ?

May1231 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks a lot

july321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cheap jersey and very nice quality

Cheap jersey and very nice quality NFL Jersey just need $18.99
    Order 10 pcs jerseys we provide free shipping.
    New Camo US.Mccuu Jerseys Available Now
    NFL Nlike Drift Fashion II Elite Jersey in Stock
    Share our site on ******** you can get the 5% discount code!~
    We also have the customized jersey service and you can have the jersey stitched on you name and your number!
    Enjoy the best online shipping experience
    www dot efeelsports dot com

throwfast has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) throwfast has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) throwfast has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) throwfast has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) throwfast has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) throwfast has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) throwfast has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) throwfast has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hello all, I've been reading everyone's posts about doing some off season work to develop the muscles of the rotator cuff to increase throwing velocity. I found a great product that uses a parachute and a neoprene glove. It's extremely versatile and very easy to use. It's allowed me to increase my fastball from 86 to 89 in just over a month by using it for 20 minutes 3 times a week. Go to parachutepower.com to check it out. Hope this helps you guys as much as its helped me. Good Luck!

july321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cheap jersey and very nice quality

Cheap jersey and very nice quality NFL Jersey just need $18.99
    Order 10 pcs jerseys we provide free shipping.
    New Camo US.Mccuu Jerseys Available Now
    NFL Nlike Drift Fashion II Elite Jersey in Stock
    Share our site on ******** you can get the 5% discount code!~
    We also have the customized jersey service and you can have the jersey stitched on you name and your number!
    Enjoy the best online shipping experience
    www dot efeelsports dot com

Registered User silentkiller424's Avatar
    silentkiller424 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) silentkiller424 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) silentkiller424 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) silentkiller424 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) silentkiller424 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) silentkiller424 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) silentkiller424 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) silentkiller424 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) silentkiller424 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) silentkiller424 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) silentkiller424 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hey awesome stuff brah

tiomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nice

Euell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Euell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Euell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Euell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Euell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Euell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Euell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Euell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Euell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Euell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Euell is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    it is very valuable information! thanks

Andrekjp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Andrekjp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Best workoiut for speed and strenght

Google Andre Jean-Pierre workout dailymotion. Check out the video, it includes the best workouts you can do for speed and strength. If you're in Miami I also train if you guys might be interested.