Thread: question

diverdman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

question

Hey guys, I'm new here so take it easy if I ask a dumb question. When I first stared working out in august I weighed 120 and currently I weigh 135. My goal is to get to 160. I don't want anymore than that cause since I am a smaller framed guy I don't want to much stress put on my bones. I'm 20 and still growing and my bones will still grow as far as I know till my mid 20's. I'm doin heavy weight low reps and bout 6-8 sets for each muscle group. I workout 4 days a week with a weekend off and Wednesday off. But I do a run or swim on my off days to keep my endurance up. I drink GMC amplified wheybolic 60 after my workout and GMC xxx mass gainer before bed. Can somebody give me advice on what to do more or less of? I don't wanna get huge cause I know my body well enough it won't get there. Tony Horton I the physique I wanna go for. Thanks guys

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You're right, that was a series of dumb questions... But I'll help.

1. Your knowledge of the human body is limited, get this growing bones bro crap out of your head.
    2. Doing cardio on your off days is great, but it can limit growth for skinny guys.
    3. Get on a good beginner program listed in the workout programs stickies.
    4. Get on a good bulking diet program, there are many links in the nutrition section.
    5. Don't aim to emulate anyones physique, your own structure will dictate what you can and cant look like.

Good luck bro.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As you get more muscle (gain weight), you will get bigger and stronger. Unless you are 80 years old and worrying about breaking a hip, I wouldn't worry about having "too much weight" on your bones/joints/whatever, as long as you are healthy. Stop limiting yourself in your mindset.
    I remove my shirt to poop crew
    Hookey Pookey crew

Captain Funpants' Poop Log of Excellence:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146431903

Originally Posted by SuicideGripMe View Post
    You're right, that was a series of dumb questions... But I'll help.

1. Your knowledge of the human body is limited, get this growing bones bro crap out of your head.
    2. Doing cardio on your off days is great, but it can limit growth for skinny guys.
    3. Get on a good beginner program listed in the workout programs stickies.
    4. Get on a good bulking diet program, there are many links in the nutrition section.
    5. Don't aim to emulate anyones physique, your own structure will dictate what you can and cant look like. Good luck bro.

Well I talked to a coworker of mine who was a medic and is a RN and he told me that bones will continue to grow to mid 20s and if you gain mass or weight it forces your bones to grow or make them stronger due to the fact your putting more weight on them. I know it won't be a huge difference but only a shy difference. But thanks for your advice. I'm doin upper body workouts Monday and Thursday and lower on Tuesday and Friday. Should I have a dedicated day to certain muscle groups on my days rather than doin all of that in one day?

ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by diverdman View Post
    Well I talked to a coworker of mine who was a medic and is a RN and he told me that bones will continue to grow to mid 20s and if you gain mass or weight it forces your bones to grow or make them stronger due to the fact your putting more weight on them. I know it won't be a huge difference but only a shy difference. But thanks for your advice. I'm doin upper body workouts Monday and Thursday and lower on Tuesday and Friday. Should I have a dedicated day to certain muscle groups on my days rather than doin all of that in one day?
    Stress is more damaging to your body then healthy muscle on your bones will ever be.

NO leg days?

Also whats your intake right now ? diet is a pretty damn important factor....

Lifting to Avoid COVID-19 PeterGibbons316's Avatar
    PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by diverdman View Post
    So your friend told you that gaining weight will make your bones bigger and stronger and you DON'T want to do it???
    My Journal (RIP 05/11 - 09/13):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134256491

DIY Plyo Boxes:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151765733

speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    dude not to discourage you but at 20 you will not grow much till mid 20's probably like half inch.
    and no, lifting will not hinder your height growth. have you seen those guys who started lifting at 16 and still grew relatively tall?

ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by speedjason View Post
    dude not to discourage you but at 20 you will not grow much till mid 20's probably like half inch.
    and no, lifting will not hinder your height growth. have you seen those guys who started lifting at 16 and still grew relatively tall?
    We talking about body size... or....

Just kidding I do agree with you on this one.

speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ktothewire View Post
    We talking about body size... or....

Just kidding I do agree with you on this one.
    this is not misc.

Originally Posted by speedjason View Post
    this is not misc.
    Bed time for you?

Originally Posted by ktothewire View Post
    Stress is more damaging to your body then healthy muscle on your bones will ever be.

NO leg days?

Also whats your intake right now ? diet is a pretty damn important factor....
    Leg days are tuesday and friday. and i have a 3500-4000 calorie intake per day.

Originally Posted by PeterGibbons316 View Post
    So your friend told you that gaining weight will make your bones bigger and stronger and you DON'T want to do it???
    Cause i know they wont be a dramatic difference but only a small one.