Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000)

No Fancy Titles: red_cat's 2013 Prep Log

So, here it is. My second prep season. For those who didn't follow the first time around, here's the link to my first show log (or the last eight weeks, at least) http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=133664801 and my off-season log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=135668431. My plan for this log is to update every day. They may not be the MOST in depth updates, but I'll at least be posting my weight, some workout details, and thoughts.

I've been considering what I want to accomplish this season and came up with three main points:

1) Retain as much strength and muscle as possible - I lost a LOT of strength and muscle last time around both in my upper and lower body. I'm back up to some pretty respectable numbers on my big 3 liftss now, so I'm looking to keep those numbers up as prep goes on. I realize that some strength loss is inevitable, but minimizing that is a major goal.

2) Definition in my hams and glutes - Major problem for me last time. Between not dieting long enough and not being able to train legs hard/heavy due to massive amounts of cardio, there was no way I was going to get any definition back there. The ideal goal is striated glutes, but I'll take any improvement, honestly. I plan on introducing some swimming into my cardio for this prep so that my joints aren't quite as beat up as they were last time.

3) Improved conditioning and fullness - I felt like the conditioning was okay last time around (especially chest, delts, and back) but I had to get pretty flat to pull off the semi-shredded look. With as long of a diet as I am doing, I should be able to get much leaner and carb up appropriately this time around without worrying about losing striations.

A pro card isn't on that list. One of the shows I will be doing is a pro-qualifier, but I don't think I have a pro caliber physique yet. Don't get me wrong, I think that I'm on my way to creating that kind of physique...it just takes time. This year I'm mostly looking to beat what I brought to the stage last time. If I get lucky and get my card, great. That's the dream. But as long as I'm making improvements each year, I'll be happy with whatever placings come to me. Ideally I'd like to win my Novice class and get an Overall Novice title. I'm a big believer in taking the appropriate steps...crawling before you walk, etc. and at least competing for a Novice overall is the first step.

I'll be aiming for two to three shows. Those are:

May 18th - NANBF Heartland (Omaha, NE)
    June 1st - NANBF Nutri-Sport (Des Moines, IA)
    June 17th - NANBF Max Classic (Norfolk, NE)

I feel like the Heartland will be a good show for me to aim to win (it was my first show two years ago) and Des Moines will be my first pro qualifier. The Max is a very small show and I know I could have a strong showing there. We'll see what happens after the Iowa show and go from there. If I'm not satisfied with my placings and I feel like I can hang on for a few more weeks, I'll jump in. If not, I'll call it good and dive into my growing season. As of Dec 15th I will be 22, 24, and 27 weeks out from those three shows.

One thing I'll have to deal with a lot during this prep is traveling. There will be some times when I am away from home for 4-5 days at a time for conferences/tours and I'll be pressed hard to keep on track. Those days are going to be all about hitting my macros and doing everything I can to find a gym to keep pace with my workouts.

My last weigh-in was right around 218 lbs, approx. 11-12% BF. I still have just over a week before I officially start the diet, during which I will go off diet a little bit one last time , so I'll re-weigh on Day #1 of prep to give a definite starting point.

A few pictures from my previous showing:

Last edited by red_cat; 12-06-2012 at 02:52 PM.

red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    And now, some motivational pictures for later (when prep starts getting tough and I need reminding of what I want to accomplish):

Valentine Ezugha

Ben Tennessen

Brian Whitacre

Paul Revelia

Brian Ahlstrom

Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Good luck in your prep journey and accomplishing your aims
    You've got some great aims and have plenty of time to achieve them and succeed in your shows
    ___Growing Mentally and Physically ___
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154388901&p=1079896151&posted=1#post1079896151

My Blog - www.innerbuilder.weebly.com

Fat is temporary, strength and muscle is not

Originally Posted by Ccm644 View Post
    Good luck in your prep journey and accomplishing your aims
    You've got some great aims and have plenty of time to achieve them and succeed in your shows
    Thanks, man! Looking forward to the journey and glad to have you along for the ride!

Chest/Biceps/Delts Hypertrophy
    Flat DB Press 3 sets
    HS Incline 3 sets
    Bi-Axial Chest Press 3 sets
    Incline Cable Flys 2 sets
    DB Curls 3 sets
    Cable Concentration Curls 2 sets
    Spider Curls 2 sets
    HS Front Shoulder Press 3 sets
    Side Delt Machine 2 sets
    Smith Machine Upright Rows 3 sets

Thoughts: Had a really solid session today. I've been pulling my overall volume down just a little bit over the past week since I'll be working from a deficit soon. I also won't have quite as much time to spend in the gym, so I need to keep any weekday sessions concise and to the point. I didn't hurry through anything, but I stayed focused and didn't waste any time. Tomorrow will be Lower Body Power...legs are still a little sore from Wednesday, but I think they'll be good to go after a solid night of sleep.

Nailed down some details for a conference I'll be attending at the start of January. I'll be staying at a Hilton and this is their fitness facility:

15,000 sqft of awesomeness. I'm not expecting a full squat rack or anything, but it doesn't look like I'll have to alter my workouts a TON while I'm at this conference.

Weight: 217.8
    Approx BF%: 12.7

Lower Body Power
    Squats 3 sets
    Hack Squats 2 sets
    Extensions 2 sets
    RDL 3 sets
    Single Leg Curls 2 sets
    HS Seated Calf/Donkey Calf 3 sets

Thoughts: Another solid one in the books. Decided I'm going to go ahead and start working out my food this week (how long everything takes to eat/how long food prep takes/etc). That way I'm on the ball once next week starts. Like I said before, I'll go off diet a bit throughout the week, so I'm not worried about weight loss yet. Just getting a feel for a couple of foods I haven't eaten in a while but will be part of my prep.

Took some time to go through a set of mandatories after my workout. I'm a little bit rusty, but it wasn't terrible. I took video but haven't decided if I want to post yet.

domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Post the video mate would be awesome to see where you're at!

Originally Posted by domingochavez View Post
    Post the video mate would be awesome to see where you're at!
    Just went back and watched it...my entire bottom half is cut off. lol I'll shoot another one tomorrow and post it.

Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

Ah, tis the season. I bet you will soon have loads of company as contest prep season gets in full swing.

In for this one and best of luck!

- Stan

Back/Triceps

BB Row 3 sets
    Pull ups 3 sets
    HS Row 3 sets
    DB Row 2 sets
    HS Pulldown 2 sets
    EZ Bar Pushdown 3 sets
    Skull Crushers 2 sets
    Dip Machine 2 sets
    5 min Posing Practice

Thoughts: Got started a little late today, but still had a good time at the gym. It's pretty cold and windy up here, so getting out to do anything is a miserable experience. Had time to soak in the hot tub after my workout...so nice in the winter.

As promised, posing practice! Not too bad for 23 weeks out. lol

Originally Posted by demonwareltd View Post
    Ah, tis the season. I bet you will soon have loads of company as contest prep season gets in full swing.

In for this one and best of luck!

- Stan
    Glad to have you on board, Stan!

demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by red_cat View Post
    Back/Triceps

BB Row 3 sets
    Pull ups 3 sets
    HS Row 3 sets
    DB Row 2 sets
    HS Pulldown 2 sets
    EZ Bar Pushdown 3 sets
    Skull Crushers 2 sets
    Dip Machine 2 sets
    5 min Posing Practice

Thoughts: Got started a little late today, but still had a good time at the gym. It's pretty cold and windy up here, so getting out to do anything is a miserable experience. Had time to soak in the hot tub after my workout...so nice in the winter.

As promised, posing practice! Not too bad for 23 weeks out. lol

Glad to have you on board, Stan!
    Not bad for 23 weeks out?! Dude, that looks like me at like 8 weeks out. This is gonna be some epic leanness for sure

HIIT Cardio/Abs

5 min warm up
    9 intervals (1 min each of varying on/off splits)
    6 min cool down

6 sets of weighted ab work

Thoughts: I hate cardio...really. Least favorite part of prepping. Tonight was made more bearable by the fact that: A) It wasn't that long, and B) I listened to a podcast that had Jeff Alberts talking about posing. I used a spin bike (never tried that before) and it was actually kinda nice! I just pushed the lever when I needed to...simple adjustments right when I needed them instead of pushing a bunch of buttons.

Not bad for 23 weeks out?! Dude, that looks like me at like 8 weeks out. This is gonna be some epic leanness for sure
    lol Thanks, Stan. I saw what some of the guys in this section pulled off this year and I want that. I want glutes you could grate cheese on. I want the kind of lean where people just say, "JESUS!" when I step on stage. That's the goal!

domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Looking great for 23 weeks out!

12/11/12 - Power Upper

BB Incline 3 sets
    BB Row 3 sets
    DB Rows 2 sets
    Rack Pulls/Dips 2 sets
    Overhead Press 3 sets
    BB Curls 3 sets
    Close Grip Bench 3 sets

Thoughts: Had a really rough day today, but I tend to lift well on those days and this was no exception. I just threw my earbuds in, pulled my hat down, and kicked some ass. I should probably start posting some numbers up on here so I can go back and compare later on.

Originally Posted by domingochavez View Post
    Looking great for 23 weeks out!
    I'm definitely a lot better off than last year and that's the goal!

12/12/12 - Lower Body Hypertrophy

Speeds Squats - 225x3, 3, 3; 245x3, 3; 255x3
    Hack Squats - 230x14; 270x10; 320x10
    Leg Press - 540x15; 630x12
    Split Squats - 15x15; 20x15
    RDL - 195x12; 225x11, 12
    Lying Leg Curl - 95x15; 105x10+2
    Seated Curl - 115x16, 16

Thoughts: Rough workout today. I woke up feeling kind of "blah" and have felt that way for the past few days. Sinuses really stuffed up, sore throat...you know. Went in for legs anyway and did great up until RDLs. That was my breaking point. I started to feel pretty woozy and needed a lot of time in between sets to feel normal again. I had a full day of work and practicing, but I came home afterwards and threw in the towel. I tried sleeping in today...moderate success. This crap normally hangs on for a few days and then goes away, so I should be fine tomorrow.

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks for using my pictures along with those other great athletes! I am not sure I belong but happy I can help in any way.

I look forward to see the changes you bring as you have done the homework!
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

Real PhD/Fake Bodybuilder adknows's Avatar
    adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50) adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50) adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50) adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50) adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50) adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50) adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50) adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50) adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50) adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50) adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    subbed... Best of luck to you on your journey back to the stage.

12/13/12 - OFF

Finally decided in the afternoon that it wasn't worth pushing it today. The day off will probably do more good than a cardio session would have. Just focused on hitting my macros (took a few carbs out) and resting up.

Speaking of macros, I don't think I ever posted them up! Starting out I'll be at 328p/481c/90f = 4046Kcal on regular days and 244p/638c/73.5f = 4189Kcal on re-feeds. Right now just doing one re-feed a week on chest/bi/delts day (being weaker body parts for me). I know a lot of people put them on leg days, but I generally don't have any issues getting through leg days...unless I'm sick. lol We'll see how it goes for now and I can always adjust.

Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    Thanks for using my pictures along with those other great athletes! I am not sure I belong but happy I can help in any way.

I look forward to see the changes you bring as you have done the homework!
    Don't sell yourself short, Paul! You pulled off some seriously great conditioning this year and gave all of us tall guys something to aspire towards. Glad to have you on board, bud!

Originally Posted by adknows View Post
    subbed... Best of luck to you on your journey back to the stage.
    Thanks! What part of MO do you hail from? I used to live down there.

adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50) adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50) adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50) adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50) adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50) adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50) adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50) adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50) adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50) adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50) adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I moved to St. Louis about a year ago for work but I'm actually from MS. What part of MO were you in? I saw some of your older pics you've added a ton of lean mass. I try to track all the tall guys on here, it gives me hope that I can still add some muscle to my frame lol

12/14/12 - Chest/Biceps/Delts Hypertrophy

Flat DB Press - 85x12; 90x10, 8
    HS Incline (per side) - 75x12; 85x10; 90x10
    Bi-Axial Chest Press - 115x15; 125x12
    Incline Cable Flys - 35x17; 40x16
    DB Curls - 35x12; 40x12; 45x8
    Cable Concentration Curls - 25x15; 35x15
    1-Arm Standing Preacher Curls - 20x17, 17
    HS Front Shoulder Press - 70x12; 80x9, 8
    Side Delt Machine - 105x15; 110x15
    Smith Machine Upright Rows - 50x20; 60x15+2; 15

Thoughts: Had a really solid session yesterday. Didn't feel sick at all, but I was a little sluggish to get started. I had a gig in the middle of nowhere last night and didn't get home until 3 AM. Thankfully the band I was playing with has a tour bus with beds, so I got a little bit of sleep on the way home. Slept in today and going to go hit legs later. Re-feed macros were pretty close yesterday...that's a whole lot of carbs. lol

I moved to St. Louis about a year ago for work but I'm actually from MS. What part of MO were you in? I saw some of your older pics you've added a ton of lean mass. I try to track all the tall guys on here, it gives me hope that I can still add some muscle to my frame lol
    I was up just North of KC. Funny thing...I was born in Greenville, MS. We moved when I was a kid, though. Yeah, tall guys have it tough. It just takes a whooooole lot of food and time!
    Last edited by red_cat; 12-15-2012 at 09:18 AM.

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sick session! Great place for 20+ weeks out!!!
    advertising not permitted

12/15/12 - Lower Body Power

Squats - 300x5; 320x5; 335x4
    Hack Squats - 320x8; 360x6
    Extensions - 190x10; 210x8
    RDL - 245x8; 275x7; 295x5
    Lying Ham Curl - Ummm....forgot....
    Standing Calf Raise (Slow TUT Reps)/Sht Squat Calf Raise - 175x5/17; 185x5/15, 5/13

Thoughts: YEAH HEAVY SQUATS! Those felt absolutely great today. Form was solid and weights were up! Really can't complain there. I need to get some new headphones...random, I know. went way heavier than I normally would on RDLs and it felt solid! I've always been a "lighter is better" person on those but I focused on keeping tension in my glutes and hams and it felt good!

Originally Posted by NaturalPursuit View Post
    Sick session! Great place for 20+ weeks out!!!
    Thanks, bud!

First off, great squats!

Secondly, you play in a band?! Very cool. What kind of music and what instrument do you play? In my college days I dreamt about playing in a metal/hard rock band - even tried forming a band once, but it was hard work getting so many different people to agree on what to do. It's been several years but used to play a mean rhythm guitar, thrashing along to many a Megadeth and Metallica songs

Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Your killing these sessions.

There looking good
    ___Growing Mentally and Physically ___
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154388901&p=1079896151&posted=1#post1079896151

My Blog - www.innerbuilder.weebly.com

Fat is temporary, strength and muscle is not

12/16/12 -

Weight: 217.5...kinda. Scale was all over the place.

Back/Triceps

Pullups - 12, 12, 10
    BB Rows - 185x10; 205x9, 9
    HS Rows - 135x12; 145x12
    Seated Rows - 140x15; 155x13, 13
    HS Pulldowns - 70x15, 15
    EZ Bar Pushdowns - 75x12; 85x9, 8
    Skullcrushers - 80x14, 15
    Dip Machine - 185x20; 195x14+1
    +10 min Posing Practice

Thoughts: Things I suck at: pullups. Curse my long limbs. Over the past couple of years I've really tried to focus on doing full range pullups and, while I can't do a ton of them, I can do a heck of a lot more than I used to. Practiced posing along with a YouTube video..not quite as winded as last week. I think I'll keep posing to once a week for now. My body is going to change a lot over the next couple months as I shed the fat and I don't want to create any bad habits. I'll probably start adding sessions in once I hit 16 weeks.

First off, great squats!

Secondly, you play in a band?! Very cool. What kind of music and what instrument do you play? In my college days I dreamt about playing in a metal/hard rock band - even tried forming a band once, but it was hard work getting so many different people to agree on what to do. It's been several years but used to play a mean rhythm guitar, thrashing along to many a Megadeth and Metallica songs
    Yeah! I play saxophone (finishing up my doctorate in saxophone right now, actually) and play with several groups around the area. The gig the other night was at a sweet ballroom in the middle of nowhere...nothing but gravel roads around this place. Absolutely pristine dance floor, though and people who still love swing music. Great place to play! I actually used to play bass in some rock bands back in the day before I got really serious about sax. The first challenging song I learned on bass was "Orion" by Metallica, actually.

Originally Posted by Ccm644 View Post
    Your killing these sessions.

There looking good
    Thanks for the support, man!
    Last edited by red_cat; 12-17-2012 at 07:19 AM.

12/17/12

Weight - 217.8? (scale still weird)

HIIT Cardio - Spin Bike

5 min warm-up
    11 min interval ladder (10/50, 12/48...........20/40, 18/42, 16/44..............)
    4 min cool down

7 sets of ab work

12/18/12

Weight - 220.4 (It's official. My scale has been on an uneven surface for quite a while now. I'm surprised I didn't notice that earlier. Oh well. At least NOW the readings will be consistent.)

Upper Body Power

BB Incline 185x5; 205x5; 225x5
    BB Row 230x5; 250x5; 270x4
    Rack Pulls/Dips 45/30x10/10; 70/30x8/10
    DB Rows 115x10; 130x6
    Overhead Press 120x8; 125x8; 135x6
    BB Curls 90x10; 100x7, 7
    Close Grip Bench 155x10; 165x9; 175x8

Thoughts: Cardio wasn't so bad yesterday. Still not my favorite, but it's not so bad. Felt DAMN strong today for upper body power. Definitely some of my best numbers and far above where I was at last time I started a contest prep. Kinda frustrated about the scale thing, but you can't fix the past. I've got a nice level surface now (apparently the ONLY level surface in the bathroom) and everything should be fine. I guess it's nice to know that I started out heavier than I thought but with the same approx body fat.

Originally Posted by red_cat View Post
    12/17/12

Weight - 217.8? (scale still weird)

HIIT Cardio - Spin Bike

5 min warm-up
    11 min interval ladder (10/50, 12/48...........20/40, 18/42, 16/44..............)
    4 min cool down

7 sets of ab work

12/18/12

Weight - 220.4 (It's official. My scale has been on an uneven surface for quite a while now. I'm surprised I didn't notice that earlier. Oh well. At least NOW the readings will be consistent.)

Upper Body Power

BB Incline 185x5; 205x5; 225x5
    BB Row 230x5; 250x5; 270x4
    Rack Pulls/Dips 45/30x10/10; 70/30x8/10
    DB Rows 115x10; 130x6
    Overhead Press 120x8; 125x8; 135x6
    BB Curls 90x10; 100x7, 7
    Close Grip Bench 155x10; 165x9; 175x8

Thoughts: Cardio wasn't so bad yesterday. Still not my favorite, but it's not so bad. Felt DAMN strong today for upper body power. Definitely some of my best numbers and far above where I was at last time I started a contest prep. Kinda frustrated about the scale thing, but you can't fix the past. I've got a nice level surface now (apparently the ONLY level surface in the bathroom) and everything should be fine. I guess it's nice to know that I started out heavier than I thought but with the same approx body fat.
    I'm glad I saw this "level surface" issue. My weight has been all over the place in the last 3 weeks and maybe that explains it. I know there are some uneven spots in my apartment. I live in a super old building. To say the building has settled would be an understatement. I may have to weigh myself outside on the sidewalk..as if my neighbors don't already think I'm strange enough lol

12/19/12

Weight: 220.0

Lower Body Hypertrophy

Speeds Squat - 225x3; 245x3, 3; 255x3, 3; 265x3
    Hack Squats - 270x12, 12; 320x10
    Leg Press - 540x15; 630x15
    Split Squats - 15x18; 20x15
    RDL - 195x12; 205x12; 215x10
    Single Leg Curls - 30x15; 40x12
    Seated Curl - 115x16, 16

Thoughts: This leg workout went a lot better than last week...mostly because I didn't want to die halfway through. Massive snowstorm here last night. If I can still get my car out then I'll hit the gym later today. If I can't drive, I'll walk over there. It's only about a mile away. Or, I could go to the main office at the apartment complex and hop on an elliptical there. Whatever. It's just 20 minutes of MISS cardio.

I'm glad I saw this "level surface" issue. My weight has been all over the place in the last 3 weeks and maybe that explains it. I know there are some uneven spots in my apartment. I live in a super old building. To say the building has settled would be an understatement. I may have to weigh myself outside on the sidewalk..as if my neighbors don't already think I'm strange enough lol
    LOL maybe stand on a countertop? I've got to double check every morning to make sure I've got the right spot.

adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    slightly late for this party, but you know i'm in. your turn to represent the tall dudes in 2013!
    Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it. ~Plato

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143873931

12/20/12

Weight: 219.5

OFF

Thoughts: Opted against the extra cardio after talking to a good friend who is prepping along side me (different shows). He asked me why I was doing more cardio if I was already losing weight...and I couldn't answer. Good to be reminded that I don't need to fix anything if what I'm doing is already working.

Originally Posted by adamjohn32 View Post
    slightly late for this party, but you know i'm in. your turn to represent the tall dudes in 2013!
    YOU KNOW! You and Paul set the "tall guy" bar pretty high this year but I'll try to represent as best I can!