Thread: Noob needs help

apache64d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Noob needs help

Hello all,

I am not new to fitness but new to body building. I weigh 206 with 20% body fat which puts me way out of shape since my army days and I have decided I want to get HUGE but don't know if I should cardio my but off to lose the fat first or go straight to the weights? Any help is appreciated. I'm also on day 3 of the "caveman diet"

am1991 is a name known to all. (+5000) am1991 is a name known to all. (+5000) am1991 is a name known to all. (+5000) am1991 is a name known to all. (+5000) am1991 is a name known to all. (+5000) am1991 is a name known to all. (+5000) am1991 is a name known to all. (+5000) am1991 is a name known to all. (+5000) am1991 is a name known to all. (+5000) am1991 is a name known to all. (+5000) am1991 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You should be doing cardio and lifting weights.
    "A man who wants something will find a way; a man who doesn�t will find an excuse."
    -Stephen Dooley Jr

New plan

I'm on week 4 of Kris Gethins 12 week program eating chicken, fish, steak, brown rice, broccoli and sweet potatoes. Down from 206 to 200 and BF from 21% to 19%. Think I need more cardio but not sure. I do 20min cardio before workout and after.
    I take omega 3-6-9, opti-men, and hydroxy cut hardcore in the morning as well as 3 egg whites and C4 pre workout. During my workout I take Size On and right after before my cardio I drink my Combat Protien (2 scoops). I also drink a gallon or more water with Modern BCAA's during the day. Anything I should change? I want to enter golds gym 12 week body challenge but I'm unsure yet if I can make that much of a change to win in my age group of 30 to 39.

Tell me what you guys think please

DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Not sure the answer to your question, but do the challenge if you don't have to pay anything. If anything it's just good motivation.

Challenge

It costs about 60 bucks but you get a gym bag and tshirt

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Why pay when you can educate yourself for free here. Start here:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post847953543

Challenge

Paying the entry fee isn't for learning, it's a 12 week challenge and I did find Gethins body transformation so I'm doing that. I'm basically just asking for advice per my routine as in whether or not I'm doing the right things I guess. I am following Gethins guide and working out so I must be but thank you for the helpful links too, it helps

Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Stick to the basics. Heavy compound movements such as presses, rows, squats, and deadlifts. No need for isolation right now. As for cardio, try HIIT a few times a week. Sprints, hill sprints, burpees. When you're lean enough, focus more on lifting and less on HIIT.
    If life gives you AIDS, make lemonAIDS

ISSA Certified CFT

CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by apache64d View Post
    Paying the entry fee isn't for learning, it's a 12 week challenge and I did find Gethins body transformation so I'm doing that. I'm basically just asking for advice per my routine as in whether or not I'm doing the right things I guess. I am following Gethins guide and working out so I must be but thank you for the helpful links too, it helps
    I scrolled up to see what you were doing to answer your question and I stopped reading at "I'm on week 4 of Kris Gethins 12 week program". Also they hydroxycut is uneccessary.

Check out some of the links SuffolkPunch posted above.

Don't fall into the trap of buying supplements just because Mr. Gethin says so. Do you really need hyrdroxycut or could you just eat less? Do you even know how much you need to eat to stay the same weight? Do you need a pre-workout or could you have a couple cups of coffee?

I know it sounds cool to do the super-duper bicep mass gaining ultimate pump for huge traps workout, but the reality is that for a beginner, the programs in the stickies would probably be better. Check out AllPros, or Jason DB's 5x5 or SL 5x5.

Then get your nutrition in order in the Nutrition forum.

Join the transformation and steal the show.
    First, Revolution
    Then, Resolution
    Finally, Evolution

SQ [450x1] BP [285x1] DL [500x1] all @ 230 Raw, Drug Free

12 week

I'm able to do the workout and I like pre workout mix as it gives me the boost to get in gear. I'm only using the hydroxy cut because I had it laying around but once it's gone I don't plan to buy it again. As far as my intake goes I'm eating about 1900 calories total for the day with 230g carbs, 24g fat, and 200g Protien which is a little above the 179g of Protien according to the calculator. I have thought about cutting out the pre workout or even the Protien shake but I am seeing small results consistently so far. Please keep in mind that the idea is for me to get off my a$$ and get in serious shape. I was a pack a day cigarette and pot a coffee before 9 am kinda guy until I found you guys here and the gym.