Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Matt C View Post
    If he was 21 in the first picture, it would be from 1999. What year was the second picture taken?
    it says 28 so i guess it would be 2006
    Full Blown Baby
    Kevin Levrone 100 lbs in my face

Medical Student - Class of 2021 ! :)

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DavisForman View Post
    Genetics are a greater determinant than what exercises you do. Arnold was deadlifting 600+ and he never had problems with an overdeveloped core. Same thing Franco and Ed Corney.

And a more modern day example would be Kai. Lifts massive amounts on all the big 3 and has no problem with overdeveloped obliques.

Then you have Jay, who as far as I am aware of, no longer deadlifts and never does free weight squats yet has the most developed obliques I have ever seen.

It's not as simple as "avoid heavy deads and squats and your waist will stay tight" or "if you do deads and squats your waist will get out of control"
    Maybe some people have obliques that are sensitive to stimulation....and maybe *those* people should avoid squats and deads with heavy weight. Either way, the course of action would be the same but for different reason. It could be that genetics are the main determinant and that folks with those genetics should avoid those exercises that use the core a lot to stabilize the weight.