Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AdCon View Post
    Strong logic..

Having it stickied makes it easy to refer the newbies to, so that they stop asking the overdone questions.

Great thread OP, it's nice having all the info in one place.
    thx man appreciate it. took alot of time to make this thread

RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000)
    GJ on the sticky!

Now I hope my newest thread will be stuck. Head over to the sports section and check it out!

Edit: hast been stuck!
    This post is Natypes approved.
    Natypes crew

I'm also a gun snob.

Bodybuilding Success Coolcicada's Avatar
    Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't like this set-up with the stickies at all.

That is all I have to say.
    Misc Cologne Crew

Hiding from ForumNature 400Lb Gorilla's Avatar
    400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Coolcicada View Post
    I don't like this set-up with the stickies at all.

That is all I have to say.
    why is that? dont worry not going to ban you for giving an honest opinion. i am setting it up this way because this section had a lot of stickies that all hit around the same thing which is beginners training and nutrition. i saw this thread as not only a great reference for new lifters but also as a way to piggy back some of those other good threads into so the info is still there for the taking.
    You would be surprised just how much time I have to waste.

N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Personally, I think the 'supplement safety' thread should be left on its own as a sticky in this section so it stands out. Supplement safety (creatine, protein etc.) is always talked about so having it out in the open and in clear view may be a good idea, IMO.
    <<:::>> Founder, CMO, Researcher, & Writer at Spartan Supps. <<:::>>

www.********.com/spartansupps

http://spartansupplements.wordpress.com/

RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by 400Lb Gorilla View Post
    why is that? dont worry not going to ban you for giving an honest opinion. i am setting it up this way because this section had a lot of stickies that all hit around the same thing which is beginners training and nutrition. i saw this thread as not only a great reference for new lifters but also as a way to piggy back some of those other good threads into so the info is still there for the taking.
    Aw man. My weight gain thread is gone. It took me 3hrs to make that sucker.

I don't like it either. It seems more logical to edit the original weight gain sticky to say "read this before asking about weight gain" and removing the 'new' part. Then just edit the OP and place the link in and say something like "for all other questions, read this:"

I also think the supplement thread should be stuck.

Just my opinion. You're the mod so what you say goes. Thanks for keeping the stupid question thread!
    Natypes crew

I'm also a gun snob.

Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is a half assed attempt at something that could be great.

Someone needs to actually read all the useful stickies and topics listed, give summaries of what they are, then link it. Basically aggregating all the stickies into one.

Of the top of my head, even for now, parts of RollTide's thread can be copy pasted into this one.

ie:

Originally Posted by Example 1
    Regarding Nutrition:

1. Daily Macronutrient Requirements: Use the follow thread (XXXXXX.com) to determine how much p/c/f's you need for your daily intake.

2. Meal Frequency: This thread (XXXXXXX) summaries meal the current theory on meal freqnecy, a hot topic in the world of nutrition. You can find futher discussions here:

3. Bulking/Cutting Guide: XXX

4. Meal Planner: Swole.me

5. Calorie Counter: www.myfitnesspal.com
    or

Originally Posted by Example 2
    1. XXXXX.com
    Daily Macronutrient Requirements: The above thread can be used to determine what you need for your diet, use it to calculate your macro and calorie targets for the day and stick with it.
    I would do it, but I have an exam Tuesday and several more in the coming weeks.

____

A new thread needs to be formed with:

OP: Introduction and T.o.C.
    Post 1: Training and Routines.
    Post 2: Nutrition
    Post 3: Supplements

etc.,

(and my tips thread should be there, :O)
    Last edited by Coolcicada; 12-09-2012 at 07:32 PM.
    Misc Cologne Crew

Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ???

I cleary state on the bottom that if you are a beginner that you should first decide on a program. Starting strength is a good program to go to. I then say you should check out the nutrition topic on "calculating macros."

This sums everything up. Literally 99 percent of your questions can be answered just by clicking on the topic and reading it.

Also i don't think i need to write examples for each one. LMFAO

"If you want to lose fat." I think you should click on the topic of "losing fat"

its pretty self explanatory.

Depending on your goals.

Originally Posted by Whitekoala View Post
    ???

I cleary state on the bottom that if you are a beginner that you should first decide on a program. Starting strength is a good program to go to. I then say you should check out the nutrition topic on "calculating macros."

This sums everything up. Literally 99 percent of your questions can be answered just by clicking on the topic and reading it.
    Lol, "Anything regarding supplements: "Examine.org"

Oh ok-- You might as well do Anything regarding bodybuilding: www.google.com

A lot of useless (to beginners) threads are linked, when more valuable threads can be provided to beginners.
    ie: Recipes thread can be replaced with meal frequency. Basics on bulking/cutting needs to be there.
    Misc Cologne Crew

Lol, "Anything regarding supplements: "Examine.org"

Oh ok-- You might as well do Anything regarding bodybuilding: www.google.com

A lot of useless (to beginners) threads are linked, when more valuable threads can be provided to beginners.
    ie: Recipes thread can be replaced with meal frequency. Basics on bulking/cutting needs to be there.
    I think its fine.

Also with "examine.org"

Whats wrong. You click the link, it then takes you to a page, where you can click on any supplement you want. I think there are 20 there, including creatine, fish oil pills, etc. they also have a huge article on the supplement u click as well as facts, and cities to prove the information. Its good.

Originally Posted by Whitekoala View Post
    I think its fine.

Also with "examine.org"

Whats wrong. You click the link, it then takes you to a page, where you can click on any supplement you want. I think there are 20 there, including creatine, fish oil pills, etc. they also have a huge article on the supplement u click as well as facts, and cities to prove the information. Its good.
    There is a creatine FAQ that does a better job created by one of our own members.
    HG from our also created a thread about protein among other supplements.

Why the hell would you link to outside sites when our members took the time to create great threads (that were originally stickies)?

As the only sticky in this section, I find it horrible and unimpressed and as I said before, a "half-assed job." Wanna see quality Organization: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=135706021 ?
    Last edited by Coolcicada; 12-09-2012 at 07:56 PM.
    Misc Cologne Crew

I think this thread is a good source of information, but I don't feel like it is suited to be the only sticky. I stand behind coolcicada. No nuthug as always.
    Natypes crew

I'm also a gun snob.

There is a creatine FAQ that does a better job created by one of our own members.
    HG from our also created a thread about protein among other supplements.

Why the hell would you link to outside sites when our members took the time to create great threads (that were originally stickies)?

As the only sticky in this section, I find it horrible and unimpressed and as I said before, a "half-assed job." Wanna see quality Organization: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=135706021 ?
    You are entitled to your own opinion.

But i don't see how its bad, when it literally answers 99 percent of questions asked. Bulking, cutting, losing fat, powerlifting, workout routines, supplements, nutrition, exercises.

This thread has it all

It even explains to noobs where to click on and what to do. A step by step process.

OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000)
    I like the idea of having one thread stickied that contains links to a bunch of information, however, I think you could still have other stickies that pertain to certain topics.

Originally Posted by OmegaMurray View Post
    I like the idea of having one thread stickied that contains links to a bunch of information, however, I think you could still have other stickies that pertain to certain topics.
    I disagree. Having one thread to take care of all topics is asking for trouble IMO. That's like having one single section for people to post in. I think there should be one major sticky per subject. One for weight gain, one for loss, one for supplements, etc. That way, the user can click on whatever thread they need, depending on the information they seek out. I mean, why would you have a guy who is asking about supplements read a huge thread that encompasses everything from training to diet to supplements? Just my 2cents.
    Natypes crew

I'm also a gun snob.

OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000)
    True that. I get what you're saying. Honestly I think either idea would work. One thread I guess is nice to hold everything in, but I see how It could be annoying/confusing to beginners. I guess I just visioned one thread as being a glossary of sorts but now that I think about it if they see the threads stickied with headings there's no real need for another thread. Only major benefits to one thread I suppose is having it all in one place and less stickies cluttering the first page.

Hiding from ForumNature 400Lb Gorilla's Avatar
    400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz
    This is a half assed attempt at something that could be great.

Someone needs to actually read all the useful stickies and topics listed, give summaries of what they are, then link it. Basically aggregating all the stickies into one.

Of the top of my head, even for now, parts of RollTide's thread can be copy pasted into this one.

ie:

or

I would do it, but I have an exam Tuesday and several more in the coming weeks.

____

A new thread needs to be formed with:

OP: Introduction and T.o.C.
    Post 1: Training and Routines.
    Post 2: Nutrition
    Post 3: Supplements

etc.,

(and my tips thread should be there, :O)
    Good points. Who CAN do this? I was not looking to make this and end all be all thread just a jumping off point. But yeah it is half assed lol and needs fixing.
    You would be surprised just how much time I have to waste.

Originally Posted by OmegaMurray View Post
    True that. I get what you're saying. Honestly I think either idea would work. One thread I guess is nice to hold everything in, but I see how It could be annoying/confusing to beginners. I guess I just visioned one thread as being a glossary of sorts but now that I think about it if they see the threads stickied with headings there's no real need for another thread. Only major benefits to one thread I suppose is having it all in one place and less stickies cluttering the first page.
    Bullseye.

It's not a bad idea per se, but the old layout is better IMO.
    Natypes crew

I'm also a gun snob.

Good points. Who CAN do this? I was not looking to make this and end all be all thread just a jumping off point. But yeah it is half assed lol and needs fixing.
    My laptop is currently unavailable, but I can probably do it when it's fixed. Not sure when but I'm willing to do it.
    Natypes crew

I'm also a gun snob.

N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I could do it. (srs). If anyone is interested that is. I'd keep it pretty basic and succinct though since this section is mainly concerned with new lifters and as a result, a wall of text probably won't be read. Basically laymans terms for issues such as supplements. May take a while but I have some free time so I don't mind having a stab...

Originally Posted by N4J4R View Post
    I could do it. (srs). If anyone is interested that is. I'd keep it pretty basic and succinct though since this section is mainly concerned with new lifters and as a result, a wall of text probably won't be read. Basically laymans terms for issues such as supplements. May take a while but I have some free time so I don't mind having a stab...
    Ahem 9.3k rep power let those with less take care of it

I can't do it until the computer is fixed so feel free if you're up to it brah
    Natypes crew

I'm also a gun snob.

Originally Posted by RollTideNation View Post
    Ahem 9.3k rep power let those with less take care of it
    Was not looking for reps, though.

Yeah I gotchu. Just being facetious.

I literally can't do it yet. So if you are up to it, go on brah. Not typing all this stuff on a phone. Ain't gonna happen
    Natypes crew

I'm also a gun snob.

N4J4R is a wonderful man, and great at organizing things.

Originally Posted by RollTideNation View Post
    Yeah I gotchu. Just being facetious.

I literally can't do it yet. So if you are up to it, go on brah. Not typing all this stuff on a phone. Ain't gonna happen
    Lol I'm already working on the second edition of the Spartan Supps + GSF e-book so I'm typing a lot as it is (should hit 2k+ pages in this new edition; pepper your angus GSF bros). I really don't mind, but again, it will be succinct. Walls of text do not get read here.

Lol I'm already working on the second edition of the Spartan Supps + GSF e-book so I'm typing a lot as it is (should hit 2k+ pages in this new edition; pepper your angus GSF bros). I really don't mind, but again, it will be succinct. Walls of text do not get read here.
    Omg I'll just call you iron fingers. There is no freaking way I could type 2,000 pages.

I'm unsure as to why we even have stickies...? Noobs don't read them. They expect to be spoon fed the same information over and over again. What we really need is a lock where new members can't post for 48hrs. That might cut back on multiaccounts and could force them to actually read the damn stickes. Or just make a thread that says "Please PM N4J4R, Coolcicada, or RollTideNation with questions".

/rant over
    Natypes crew

I'm also a gun snob.

Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Personally, I think the 'supplement safety' thread should be left on its own as a sticky in this section so it stands out. Supplement safety (creatine, protein etc.) is always talked about so having it out in the open and in clear view may be a good idea, IMO.
    still not sure why mine was mixed with the creatine thread when they werent even remotely identical at all lol... if it even mentioned dosing or anything in it fine but it didnt, its an apples to oranges comparison. if they have to be mixed fine but I dont see how it makes sense to keep my title but then have the creatine dosing int he op LOL. Im fine with cutting em down, I just think if were gonna do it we def need to make this a bit more organized.

also edit: if yall want me to I can make a huge thread of supplement stuff with general info as well over a variety of em and I can always update it like every week or so... I think we should split up or make a "team" of people who can do this for every major topic of course being training, nutrition, and supplements. And each 3 have their own sticky. My finals end this week but if yall want that to be done I dont mind making a huge supplement info thread to go with the supp safety guide

edit 2: do you know by any chance Gorilla who you would talk to to see about writing articles for bb.com?
    Last edited by Hyruliangoat; 12-09-2012 at 11:29 PM.
    Instagram: hyruliangoat_

BEST LOOKING MISCER
    CUTEST POSTER OF ALL TIME
    PEOPLE ASK FOR MY AUTOGRAPH AND PICTURE EVERYDAY CREW

Originally Posted by Hyruliangoat View Post
    still not sure why mine was mixed with the creatine thread when they werent even remotely identical at all lol... if it even mentioned dosing or anything in it fine but it didnt, its an apples to oranges comparison. if they have to be mixed fine but I dont see how it makes sense to keep my title but then have the creatine dosing int he op LOL
    Lol when I saw yours was added into the creatine thread, I was like 'lol wot?'. Definitely think yours should be removed from that thread as a standalone thread as you had before. My 2 cents. Was a very good write up, btw

EDIT:

400Lb Gorilla: Please let me know if this is what you had in mind!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post991718473
    Last edited by N4J4R; 12-10-2012 at 06:10 AM.

RAKJR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First off, thanks for all of the information.

Would you suggest the starting strength for any 'newbie' getting into bodybuilding routine? Also, I noticed it hasn't been updated since 2007. Do you know of anything else that's more up-to-date, or does that topic still hold its own?

Thanks.

Jstar11 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I am 15 years old. I want to start bulking up and taking off fat so I can play linebacker for my high school. But i really don't know anything about body building. I lost like 40 pounds already but i with that 40 pounds came loss of muscle mass. So now I am 190 pounds 5'9 and around 22% body fat. I have 6 months to get in really good shape so i can fight for at least backup on varsity. So here are my questions.
    1. Should I cut weight before I start trying to build muscle mass?
    2.If I start going to the gym 5 times a week and do muscle exercises but also do cardio, will i gain muscle mass but lose weight?
    3.What is a good meal plan?
    4. With hard work and dedication will I be able to get to 15% body fat before the season?
    5. What is the best protein supplements?
    6. Should I get protein powder or protein bars or protein shakes?
    7.(most people wont know this) How much do you think I should weigh to play linebacker for high school football?
    Those are my questions. It would be appreciated even if you only answered one.
    The meal plan question is the most important to me.
    Thanks in advance