Registered User BuildingBlocks5's Avatar
    BuildingBlocks5 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Trying to build an aesthetic body but no results - (Slow progressive overload)

I am an 18 year old male and have been lifting for about a year. During that time, I have probably only gained 1-2 kg of muscle. I am currently 60kg and I am a skinny fat ectomorph about 20% body fat.
    Over the past few months, I have taken training more seriously, I now track my macros, track my lifts and I have seen almost 0 progress since September 2022 (I weighed 57kg). My deadlift went from 50kg to 60kg, my bench 40kg to 45kg and my squat from 30kg to 35kg. I have been eating around 3000 calories a day, eating 110 grams of protein and try to progressively overload every session. I also eat relatively clean. I can't seem to get the newbie gains everyone talks about. It is very hard for me to progressively overload anything. I can maybe add an extra rep to one set every week, sometimes I perform even worse than last session.

My routine looks something like this (Mon - Fri)

Upper
    3 x incline dumbbell press
    3 x pull up
    2 x lat raises
    2 x rear delt fly
    2 x seated dip
    2 x preacher curl machine
    2 x forearm curls

Lower
    3x Squat
    2x Leg extension
    2 x hip adduction
    2 x hip abduction
    2 x calf raises

Upper
    3 x chess press
    3 x machine row
    2 x lat raises
    2 x overhead press
    2 x seated dip
    2 x hammer curl
    2 x forearm curls

Lower
    3 x Squat
    3 x deadlift
    2 x leg curls
    2 x calf raises
    Plank

Upper
    3 x incline dumbbell press
    3 x lat pull down
    2 x lat raises
    2 x chest dip
    2 x tricep extension
    2 x Preacher curl machine
    2 x forearm curls

Recently I have decided to eat a little bit more, about 3200 calories, in case that was the limiting factor. I was 58kg 2 weeks ago, and now I am 60kg. I think I just gained fat instead as my lifts haven't progressed much. Am I not training hard enough? Am I not doing enough volume? Is my routine bad? What can I do to improve progress?

caseyxsharp63 is not very well liked. (-100) caseyxsharp63 is not very well liked. (-100) caseyxsharp63 is not very well liked. (-100) caseyxsharp63 is not very well liked. (-100) caseyxsharp63 is not very well liked. (-100) caseyxsharp63 is not very well liked. (-100) caseyxsharp63 is not very well liked. (-100) caseyxsharp63 is not very well liked. (-100) caseyxsharp63 is not very well liked. (-100) caseyxsharp63 is not very well liked. (-100) caseyxsharp63 is not very well liked. (-100)
    I can only assume that you're sort of new to getting serious using this site. So, I have to break it to you, I only weight 115lbs. I gained more muscle and lost some more fat, but I typically weighed this much in high school 10 years ago. I know a lot about building muscle, things no one else would. I was the most athletic person in my school back then. I have to tell you the real way muscle is built, you don't build muscle because you're strong, you're build muscle because you're weak, some people can work out just a few months and gain tons of muscle out of it, next they start saying like if a person weighs less than them and has more work out experience that it must mean that they aren't good at building muscle, but it's all wrong and was always a lie, it's the opposite way around, having big muscles means you need way more upkeep to keep them, because they're NOT that great at building muscle, what's the point of having big muscles if all you think you can do is just move a ton of weight besides what they're really intended for that is to make you strong, it's the skinny people who are smaller because they don't need to build that much more muscle and they need less upkeep to sustain them, those are the ones that are who are great at building muscle, except it's not impossible for them to have bigger muscles either it just takes way more effort, but the point that I'm truly making right now is this, that it's because of that, those people have the actual potential of building than anyone else. Being smaller is one sign to the potential of building muscle, but there's another that's depends on how much muscle you had before ever starting to work out too. In order to grow more muscle you need to tear the muscle apart, skinny people are really stronger than those people that gain muscle like it was nothing, being stronger does help with building muscle, but tells nothing for the ability to really grow muscle, and if you have the strength that's the thing is that it does tear apart your muscles at a faster rapid rate that those other people because of the amount of effort you're still putting daily into your daily tasks. I am one of the better building persons there is, I don't have a lot of weight, and even though I've tried everything that I could for the longest time to try to change that one way or the other, I'm still stronger than anyone else at my given weight, although I can only speak for myself as of right now, see I don't know what kind of results from your strength that you've had, if you're still saying that you've tried gaining weight, then I can only assume that you're still strong just but somewhere lessor than my strength, but which would also might mean that you've still got the potential to probably grow more muscle than me given the amount of effort that I've had to be putting in. That's about as much as I'd be tell able to tell you about that. But I could tell you just what I mean when I say skinny is stronger, back in high school I weight just as much as now and after having starting working out at age seven, I could incline bench 165lbs at age 14 in just 6 months from not even the bar at first, at 16 I was able to curl 75lbs one handed, deadlift was 265lbs, and peck deck was 285lbs and couldn't add any more weight. See that's pretty strong, but it took me trying to gain weight in muscle having to spend all my time working out, it was seemingly insane, like doing 400 crunches multiple times a day, 132 push ups at once, working out for at times eight hours at a time. After trying so hard to gain weight as much I did, that's why I eventually just said time to quit, so that's what happened. But, I am now about to get back to being serious about it again very soon and that's why that I am here, I've really still been serious about it this whole time it's just that pumping those weights wasn't as it turns out the only thing that I needed to focus on to still be gaining more muscle, but here I am.