kittykatt44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kittykatt44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kittykatt44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kittykatt44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kittykatt44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kittykatt44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kittykatt44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kittykatt44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kittykatt44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kittykatt44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kittykatt44 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Holiday Nutrition

So as december has come, christmas and the holidays are coming. This is going to be my first Christmas / holiday season ive been so serious with my diet and training, and im just wondering how other people deal with the holiday food and parties.
    Being Polish i have a fairly big family, and we celebrate Christmas for the majority of the week going from house to house. My family Generally celebrates the 24th to the 26th or 27th. then on the 30th is My birthday, and of course new years is the 1st. so theres a lot of events and food going on in those couple weeks.
    What would be a good way to deal with all the food and parties? I don't want to skip out, or just sit back and watch everyone else eat (my family makes fun of me for being so strict with the fact that i count my macros lol) would it really be bad if i let loose a little for those couple weeks?
    I'm just scared i'll end up gaining too much fat. I still plan to keep my workouts in check, but theres only so much damage working out will do with all the holiday foods lol. maybe adding extra cardio? or would that be bad in terms of loosing muscle?
    Anyways whats your advice for the holidays? how do you usually deal with all the holiday and family parties and get togethers going on?

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The purpose of fitness should be to improve your quality of life rather than induce OCD.

๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ…ผ๐Ÿ…ด๐Ÿ…ถ๐Ÿ…ฐ ๐Ÿ††๐Ÿ…ด๐Ÿ…ฐ๐Ÿ…ฟ๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ…ฝ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My birthday is the week before Christmas, I have the similar week of endless food with relatives.

Stop worrying about loosing muscle doing cardio, assuming your enjoying a ton of holiday food that is ridiculous.

I plan to do the same I did for Thanksgiving, enjoy everything and the time with the family. If you gain a pound big deal. All loaded up on good food is a great time to get a workout in if you can find the time.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Glutes... they are back Cumulonimbus's Avatar
    Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    #yolo
    Just a weight lifter

texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by kittykatt44 View Post
    So as december has come, christmas and the holidays are coming. This is going to be my first Christmas / holiday season ive been so serious with my diet and training, and im just wondering how other people deal with the holiday food and parties.
    Being Polish i have a fairly big family, and we celebrate Christmas for the majority of the week going from house to house. My family Generally celebrates the 24th to the 26th or 27th. then on the 30th is My birthday, and of course new years is the 1st. so theres a lot of events and food going on in those couple weeks.
    What would be a good way to deal with all the food and parties? I don't want to skip out, or just sit back and watch everyone else eat (my family makes fun of me for being so strict with the fact that i count my macros lol) would it really be bad if i let loose a little for those couple weeks?
    I'm just scared i'll end up gaining too much fat. I still plan to keep my workouts in check, but theres only so much damage working out will do with all the holiday foods lol. maybe adding extra cardio? or would that be bad in terms of loosing muscle?
    Anyways whats your advice for the holidays? how do you usually deal with all the holiday and family parties and get togethers going on?
    this is always the guide i refer to cuz

http://www.leangains.com/2010/11/che...-hedonist.html
    Johns Hopkins '16

benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Be flexibile with your diet, learn to eyeball macros, drink a protein shake before big meals to get full, fast on days with big feasts and don't be a pig (eat like 5000 calories). But really, unless you're getting on stage in the short run, a little extra fat won't kill you, so enjoy the holidays and use the good food as motivation to work out even harder.

sjansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjansen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i have the same problem as u except ill be with my family from the 22 to the 29th and i can guarantee theres not gunna be much on the healthy side of food while im with them, and sucks cause im planning on doing a show in april, so im gunna have to try and hold back to the best of my ability

fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I will be on vacation from December 24th until January 2nd. My plan is to enjoy the week to its fullest. It's a special time with family with delicious foods that I rarely if ever eat most of the rest of the year. For this week, I just eat what I want, when I want - a slice of pie or two if I feel like. I never eat until the point of stuffed, but definitely will have several nights when I am very full from eating more food than I am used to (a few plates of dinner + slice of pie and cake with ice cream for example) but at the same time not a quantity that would be considered outrageous. Also, I focus on the foods that I really like. For example, many years I am tempted to reach for a slice of pecan pie but remind myself that I don't even like it and to enjoy some other treat which I really do like instead of just grabbing it all because it's there. While I eat whatever, I usually keep up my workouts on the non-holiday days but don't do extra to compensate. I figure it's 1 week out of the year, I am diligent at least 50 of the other 52 weeks of the year and even with much higher calories than usual, if I'm not binging what's the worst damage that can be done? Worst comes to worst I gain a few pounds and get back to my routine on the 2nd and shed it. For me, it's worth it to relax and enjoy the holidays.

Also remind yourself that a lot of the food at the holidays has a much more salt and carbs than you are probably used to and so expect a good amount of water weight. I have always been extremely carb and salt sensitive and now that I am primarily low carb I pick up a TON of water weight. After a reasonable 4 days of just a bit over maintenance at Thanksgiving I literally gained 17 lbs. I peed like a race horse for 3 days and by day 4 back to pre-Thanksgiving weight. You might feel uncomfortable from it but know that if your body suddenly changed overnight, that's obviously water and not fat and it falls off as soon as you go back to your usual plan.

Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    just be rational and enjoy yourself....you wont get fat in a couple days.
    "Voracious Overeaters Crew" (JasonDB) lol

Starting weight 235 lbs(April 2012) - Oct 29/12 159.1 lbs (FAIL)

Starting weight again 230 -235 lbs May 2015 - Nov 2015.. 211.9

Bulking

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Cumulonimbus View Post
    #yolo
    Where you been
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

kittykatt44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kittykatt44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kittykatt44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kittykatt44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kittykatt44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kittykatt44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kittykatt44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kittykatt44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kittykatt44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kittykatt44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kittykatt44 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by fldhkybnva View Post
    I will be on vacation from December 24th until January 2nd. My plan is to enjoy the week to its fullest. It's a special time with family with delicious foods that I rarely if ever eat most of the rest of the year. For this week, I just eat what I want, when I want - a slice of pie or two if I feel like. I never eat until the point of stuffed, but definitely will have several nights when I am very full from eating more food than I am used to (a few plates of dinner + slice of pie and cake with ice cream for example) but at the same time not a quantity that would be considered outrageous. Also, I focus on the foods that I really like. For example, many years I am tempted to reach for a slice of pecan pie but remind myself that I don't even like it and to enjoy some other treat which I really do like instead of just grabbing it all because it's there. While I eat whatever, I usually keep up my workouts on the non-holiday days but don't do extra to compensate. I figure it's 1 week out of the year, I am diligent at least 50 of the other 52 weeks of the year and even with much higher calories than usual, if I'm not binging what's the worst damage that can be done? Worst comes to worst I gain a few pounds and get back to my routine on the 2nd and shed it. For me, it's worth it to relax and enjoy the holidays.

Also remind yourself that a lot of the food at the holidays has a much more salt and carbs than you are probably used to and so expect a good amount of water weight. I have always been extremely carb and salt sensitive and now that I am primarily low carb I pick up a TON of water weight. After a reasonable 4 days of just a bit over maintenance at Thanksgiving I literally gained 17 lbs. I peed like a race horse for 3 days and by day 4 back to pre-Thanksgiving weight. You might feel uncomfortable from it but know that if your body suddenly changed overnight, that's obviously water and not fat and it falls off as soon as you go back to your usual plan.

This seems legit. I plan to focus more on the foods that are my favorites and treat myself with those rather than the foods i may not like as much.
    i also have problems with gaining water weight after eating salt and carbs. my body just cant handle it anymore lol.
    i know i will most likely feel like crap after eating all the non-healthy foods but like you said its one week, i just have to make sure i get back into my regular eating habits once the week is up. I'm sure I'll be fine, its just a bit worrisome when you work so hard to get where you're at lol.
    have a good holidays

Originally Posted by sjansen1 View Post
    i have the same problem as u except ill be with my family from the 22 to the 29th and i can guarantee theres not gunna be much on the healthy side of food while im with them, and sucks cause im planning on doing a show in april, so im gunna have to try and hold back to the best of my ability

oh no. i hope you do well on your show in April.

KierenM067 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KierenM067 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KierenM067 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KierenM067 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KierenM067 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KierenM067 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KierenM067 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KierenM067 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KierenM067 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KierenM067 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KierenM067 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    same birth date
    Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    My birthday is the week before Christmas, I have the similar week of endless food with relatives.

Stop worrying about loosing muscle doing cardio, assuming your enjoying a ton of holiday food that is ridiculous.

I plan to do the same I did for Thanksgiving, enjoy everything and the time with the family. If you gain a pound big deal. All loaded up on good food is a great time to get a workout in if you can find the time.

Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by KierenM067 View Post
    same birth date
    Strong flirt LOL.......Probably neg you like she did me for giving her advice lol, but srs
    "Voracious Overeaters Crew" (JasonDB) lol

Starting weight 235 lbs(April 2012) - Oct 29/12 159.1 lbs (FAIL)

Starting weight again 230 -235 lbs May 2015 - Nov 2015.. 211.9

Bulking

Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Tdiguy View Post
    Strong flirt LOL.......Probably neg you like she did me for giving her advice lol, but srs
    She negged you for your comment?
    Damn son.