Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by JaxLifter View Post
    Not sure what kind of jewelery I should get her, but she got me a GUN! haha! She's a keeper for sure!
    immediate 10/10 status my man,

my lil lady wants to go get a steak and watch the new die hard movie.... SCORE!!!
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Cowmustard View Post
    immediate 10/10 status my man,

my lil lady wants to go get a steak and watch the new die hard movie.... SCORE!!!
    Yessir! Sounds like you scored yourself a winner too! #KEEPERS

Last night was a big food night. Had 3 pulled BBQ pork sammiches, a protein bar and (finally!) dat homemade CAKE! Just one piece, but it was sooooooo good! Back was super sore and the doms today are almost unreal! Doing much better as the days' progressed however...

***TRAINING UPDATE***

Bench Day

Warm Up
    105x8
    140x5
    165x3

Work Sets
    190x5
    210x5
    235x5 <---Went up with little resistance. Sharp shoulder pains are still hanging around and I didn't want to further strain that joint. I had a 6th rep in me, but didn't want to risk injury to my shoulder by pushing more than necessary.

BBB - INCLINE BARBELL BENCH PRESS

5x135x10 <---Increasing this by 5lbs each week untill I hit a wall. This was easy...

DUMBBELL ROW (Was supposed to be Bent Over Barbell Row, but back is too sore for that nonsense)
    5x95x10

Overall a good workout today! We didnt' push the pace and took more rest than usual between sets, but by the end of the rows, I was sweating pretty nicely! Tonight will be more BBQ pork AND cake! LeanGains FTW???? Story is still being written...because I have a few 1800cal low carb days coming up. My success on those days will dictate my overall success with doing LG. Point blank period. I only have 3 low carb days so I have to do them right!
    Current Lifts:

Incline Bench: 205x3
    DeadLift: 405x1
    Box Squat: 325x4

Goals by July 1:
    Incline Bench: 235
    Deadlift: 450
    Box Squat:375

JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    First off, Happy Valentine's Day to all my peeps on BB.com (no homo)! I hope you find a loved one and hold them close today, but after you've gotten your workout in and hit your macro's for the day! lol

No workout today as I am in DIRE need of a rest day. I may try and get some cardio in after work, but have a dinner date with the Mrs. this evening and don't want to mess that up!

Today is going to be good! It's a LONG fast followed by a shared V-Day FEAST this evening! I'm going to do my best to keep the carb count as low as possible today, but no promises on dinner tonight!

Tomorrow is a BIG day! I have an interview for a big promotion at 10am so, naturally, I'm going to get my workout done before so I'm feeling like a BOSS when I go interview! Nothing improves confidence like squat day! amiright???

Weight was 242.8lbs this am after a heavy eating night. Not 100% sure I hit my protein intake (WAY short), but I did have more of dat cake and a bowl of Golden Grahams! Also had a bunch of left over BBQ pulled pork. Lunch was a double turkey burger and a Supreme Protein bar (totaled 100g pro at lunch alone). Goal today is to keep calorie intake as low as possible, fast all day and break it likely with a pre-dinner protein shake, hopefully following a cardio workout. My back is still hella sore from those 5x5 deads on Tuesday but I'll survive! Keep after it y'all!
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Good luck on the interview MAN!!! I do the same thing before an interview, really enjoy doing low paced counter work to to just feel like a caged beast purading in a suit and tie.

I bet I beat you on v-day dinner dude, 6k worth of carbs(after fasting all day), and only 2lbs water weight to show for it. BOOM, I love me some intermittent fasting!!!
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

Good luck on the interview MAN!!! I do the same thing before an interview, really enjoy doing low paced counter work to to just feel like a caged beast purading in a suit and tie.

I bet I beat you on v-day dinner dude, 6k worth of carbs(after fasting all day), and only 2lbs water weight to show for it. BOOM, I love me some intermittent fasting!!!
    Thanks boss! Interview went well so I've got my fingers crossed!

Did my squat workout on Saturday, top set was 280x8 which was very nice indeed! Diet was crap all weekend, but oh well....

Did my OHP's on Monday, top set was 175x3. I've been having a significant amount of shoulder discomfort, so much that I've scheduled an ortho appointment to have it checked out. It's CRAZY!!! At times, it feels like my shoulder is going to explode while pulling the covers up, but then I can press 175x3 with ZERO discomfort! WTF!?

Deadlifted yesterday and hit 355x3, then followed it up with 5x315x5. MUCH easier than last weeks's first go-round with the 5x5 assistance and MUCH less DOMS today than last week! So there's some good news!

Bad news time: Weight is up still. Hovering in the mid-upper 240's so I gotta get that cardio going. Plan is to hit it today after work for a good 45-60 mins of LISS/MISS. Tomorrow is bench day. Going to focus on getting my shoulder nice a loose and then hit my reps and move on.

Wife and I are going on a weekend get-away, so squats will be early on Friday as squats don't even care if I need this time away with my wife. They require my individual attention in a similar manner as my wife does! lulz
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

220's seems to be my stick point man, Keto was amazing from 260s down but this just seems like a wall.

i've been thinking about an IIFYM+IF route for a couple weeks if the next couple weeks keto won't make the fat mass budge.
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

220's seems to be my stick point man, Keto was amazing from 260s down but this just seems like a wall.

i've been thinking about an IIFYM+IF route for a couple weeks if the next couple weeks keto won't make the fat mass budge.
    Make it happen bro! You have the drive and determination to overcome this wall! To BUST this plateau! Keep after it!

Yesterday was a "Rest" day, but I still got some work in. I did my first yoga workout in years yesterday. I'm finding that I feel stiff and inflexible all the time as a result of my weight lifting. I'd really like to change that! So the wife and I hit up a local MovieStop (think GameStop but for movies if you've never heard of it) and they had a whole section dedicated to fitness/wellness. I saw these yoga DVD's and picked up a few as they're only $2-3. Did the first one yesterday and I think I'm hooked! I was sweating BUCKETS on the beginner's DVD. I found that I am much MUCH more stable in the poses now as compared to years ago when I was in worse shape. I attribute this to the weight lifting. So now it's all about building stamina, improving flexibility and just plain old feeling better! It's a darn good workout too! So the plan is to do yoga on all days that I don't have a lower body centric workout (deadlift and squat days). So aiming for 4-5 yoga days/week which will be my cardio workout for that day. I'll keep things mixed up by using the DVD's to learn the correct poses etc., and then start to do my own thing based on what feels best. I visited this site and I'm going to write down the sequence, memorize it, then do it on my own every morning!

http://www.menshealth.com/yoga/basic...es_for_men.php

It's as basic as it gets as far as yoga is concerned, it's geared towards men AND it's going to help me shed lbs like WOAH!

Down to 243.6lbs this am I have bench day today so I'm going to protect the shoulder as best I can. 250lbsX3 reps is the plan, followed by assistance work. Heavy DB rows today. Probably grab the 110's and rep that out like a B.O.S.S.
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

***TRAINING UPDATE***

Bench Day
    Warm Ups

125x8
    150x5
    165x3

Work Sets
    195x3
    225x3
    250x3 <---EXTREME left shoulder discomfort...still did 3 reps...had more in tank but cut the set at the 3 I needed.

BBB
    Incline Bench
    140x10 <---Felt WAY too easy
    4x150x10 <---Still too easy. Will bump up to 155lbs next week

Gym was crowded so we did our rows on the Hammer Strength upright, chest supported iso-lateral rower.

I'm never sure how to measure the total weight on the HS equipment...so I'll record what I had on each side...

Set 1: 2 45lb plates <---WAY WAY WAY to light
    Set 2: 2 45's and a 25lb plate <---Still not enough
    Sets 3-5: 3 45's and a 25 <---JUST RIGHT!

Good work out, back feels tight still from deads on Tuesday. Squats tomorrow morning!
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

***TRAINING UPDATES***

Had the day off last Friday, which meant that the ONLY thing I need to do was squat! OHHHH YEEEAAAHHHHHH!

BOX SQUATZZZ
    Warm Ups
    135x8
    165x5
    200x3

Work Sets
    230x3
    265x3
    300x5!!! <---PR IN THE HIZ-OUSE!!! Also, March 1 goal met/exceeded a week early boieeeeeee!

BBB
    To make this a deeper squat, we put 45lb plates on the floor and squated down to the box off of them. It made all the difference

225x10 <----HOLY SQUAT DEPTH BATMAN THAT WAS HARD
    4x185x10 <---Since we dropped it down to just below parallel, we dropped the weight also. DEEP BURN is DEEP.

SUPERSET

Leg Curls
    5x105x12

WITH

Leg Extensions
    5x110x15

Totally spent after this work out. I was hobbling my way downstairs after it all was done, and one of the ladies that works there took one look at me and simply asked "Leg day?". I replied with "How'd ya guess?" Then we laughed and laughed then I cried.

***OHP 5/3/1 DAY***

Double your pleasure, double your fun day! TWO logged workouts for the price of one...just pay separate shipping and handling...

WARM UPS
    85x8 (OUCH shoulder)
    105x5 (not as bad)
    120x3 (LET'S DO THIS)

Work Sets
    150x5
    165x3
    185x2 <---Little bit of a push press action, but I don't even care. Pushed 185lbs up over my head twice to full lock out. BOOM. Goal met. PR made. #GAINZ

BBB
    3x125x10
    125x8
    125x7 <---Wanted x10's on all sets....just not happening today

Followed by Pull Downs

Close Grip Chin Up style Pull downs
    4x150x10
    170x10

Wide Grip Pull Downs
    5x120x10

DONE!

Good sesh today, hit a big milestone. Next will be 200lbs in 3 months (5lb progress each month), so by 1 June, 200lbs over head. Simple enough? lulz

***YOGA UPDATE*** lulz

Hit the yoga at home with the spousal unit on Saturday. We had a Die Hard movie marathon from Friday through Sunday, culminating with seeing the new one out in theaters last night. Weight was 245.8lbs this am, so not significant damage from the week before. I'm going to try and reduce my cals some this week by eating a lighter lunch. Dinner will still be as hearty as ever, but my lunches will be much more structured, and much less from a fast food window. lulz. Hit it again this morning and it feels amazing! I do about 30-45 mins of yoga followed by foam rolling and my back feels great! Which is good cuz I've got 375lbs that want to kill me tomorrow, and I am NOT about to let that happen! NOT TOMORROW!
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

Heck yea on the pr's my man!!!! Awesome job as always!!!
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

Heck yea on the pr's my man!!!! Awesome job as always!!!
    Thanks for the positive vibes my man! They WORKED!!! See below...

***TRAINING UPDATE***

DEADLIFT DAYYYYYY

Warm UPs
    160x5 (sumo style)
    205x5 (regular from here on)
    235x3

Work Sets
    295x5 <---Focus was on exploding off the floor with the weight.
    335x3 <---Same as above
    375x1 <---Picked it up then put it down. NEW PR BABYEEEEEE

BBB
    5x315x5 <---Used wrist straps for the first time doing these and it felt good! I think I'll continue to do that because it helps reduce the strain on my lower back (bad kind) by worrying/messing with my grip mid set like I have been.

Ab Crunch Machine
    4x70x20 <---Started with these because the area that we do hanging leg raises was busy but freed up halfway through

Hanging Leg Raises
    3x15

Fin.

So I've met all of my 1 March goals! WOOT! feelsgoodman.jpg Time to re-evaluate, and establish new lifting goals for 1 July!
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

I need to get better at goal management!!!

Two questions for ya my man,

1. What are your thoughts on test boosts?

2. What are your thoughts on deadlift vs RDL vs SLD??? Trying to hit the hammies but not build a j-lo booty.
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

I need to get better at goal management!!!

Two questions for ya my man,

1. What are your thoughts on test boosts?

2. What are your thoughts on deadlift vs RDL vs SLD??? Trying to hit the hammies but not build a j-lo booty.
    Ok, tboosters are kind of a crock of crap, for the most part. From everything I've read, natty tboosters won't get you up and over what your body could produce on its own, but they CAN help optimize your body's production. So, if an optimal level of production is 500, natty tboosters will get you closer to that level. Steroids will take you well OVER that level, and that's why they're so darn effective! FWIW, NOT on steroids, only taking DAA by SNS. Sold in the BB.com store for dirt cheap. I don't have any additional rage or aggression, but I do find that I recover a little bit faster WITH than without.

For hammies, do SLDLs. Another alternative are good mornings, but the weight will HAVE to be about halved to make it safe to start out with and they will aid in your squat strength BIG time! However, if you're still doing All Pro, stick with the SLDLs and just go as heavy as possible within the confines of the program. Get some wrist straps so you're not fidgiting with your grip and lose focus on keeping the back tight, arse out, and hams engaged! Hope this helps!

Weight was back down to 243lbs this am. Wife is on board with healthier eating so we're going to be able to make big changes at home! She's also at a 2 week low today as well! Happy folks this morning!
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

***TRAINING UPDATE***

Today was to be our 5/3/1 bench test-out day...however, due to extreme shoulder discomfort, it was replaced with incline bench program setting instead! So going forward, we will be doing 5/3/1 incline benching instead of flat. Simple as that. NO discomfort during exercise. So we needed to find out what our rep max is, so that was what was accomplished today. Set it up for 3 rep maxes. I hit 205. I COULD have gone for 215, but why risk further injury? I could tell on my last rep at 205 that my form would have been wasted at 215, so that's when I pulled the plug. It looked like this:

Warm up
    95x8
    115x5
    135x3
    145x3
    155x3
    165x3
    175x3
    185x3
    195x3
    205x3

BBB
    135x10 <---Too light
    4x145x10 <---probably still too light, but whatever...Trying to not really harm myself. Dr's appt on 8 March for the shoulder...

Hammer Strength Iso-Row
    3x115 (2 45's and a 25)x 15
    90x20
    70x20

Done. Felt good in the gym, and still doesn't hurt about an hour afterward. So all in all a good day. I'm learning how to program/progress my strength training around an injury. It's important because it's not a matter of IF you'll experience a set back, but WHEN. I just hope my shoulder (which has been an issue on and off for over 13 years, so this isn't a new injury) isn't beyond repair.
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

Weigh in this morning was 242.2lbs, so I'm back to trending in the right direction! Focus this week has been on limiting calorie/carb intake until dinner time. Lunches have been frozen Atkins meals (they're actually REALLY tasty!), 2 scoops of ON Gold standard and a 20gPro/35gCho/14gFiber, 220cal protein bar. Lunches HAD been either a fast food double turkey burger or a burrito or something along those lines. Wallet won't allow for more fast food lunches, so brining these frozen meals is a necessary evil. Dinner is also accompanied by a 2 scoop shake but carbs are permitted. I'm not even counting calories, but just being mindful of what I'm eating and the scale is moving. I also have done a few yoga sessions this week to aid with flexibility and muscle endurance. IF'ing all the way with a feeding window of 1200-2000 or noon-8pm. My goal is to work out both days this weekend with either yoga or traditional cardio. The wife has been hinting a LOT lately that she wants to go work out, but I'm not going to push the issue. When she wants to she will, and she knows I'll go with her!

Today is box squat day! So I'll have a training update later on. Going to hit 315lbs, THREE WHEELS BABY!!!
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

***TRAINING UPDATE***

Box Squat Day

Warm Ups
    135x8
    165x5
    200x3

Work Sets
    255x5
    295x3
    315x4! <---PR IN DA HOUSE!!!! First three were nice and tight form wise, #4 was a grit your teeth and stand the eff up any way you can

BBB
    5x190x10 <---SURPRISE!!!! I'm using progressive overload to get stronger and build mass in my thighs! Who'da thunk'd it!? Up 5lbs per squat day until I can't go any higher...

Leg Curls
    5x105x12

SUPERSET WITH

Leg Extensions
    5x115x15

Again, with these accessory movements, going to use progressive overload and slowly increase the weight week by week. Very Starting Strength-ish in nature. Weekend of rest and relaxation ahead! Not much on tap, just watching movies, sitting on the couch and eating! Going to get some work in cardio wise, but other than that, my butt and my couch shall become one.
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

Thanks for answering my questions man, you are awesome as always!!!

Big congrats on the box squat PR brother!!!!
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

Anytime bud! I'll always give you my honest opinion. When it comes to supplements, the stuff that works the best is always the cheapest. You can buy in bulk creatine, whey, fish oil, tribulus, DAA, caffeine, etc...the list goes on. Where people get sucked in, is where our logical/illogical minds rationalize that "MOAR is better" and combine ALL the things into one super pill...doesn't work that way. If you want a natty T booster, get some Tribulus and DAA. You can acquire darn near 2 months worth of both for less than $35. Easy as that! Then lift heavy, eat for strength/recovery, rest, rinse, repeat. Simple simple stuff!

Had a good weekend diet wise. Didn't over do it and the scale showed it for the first time in a while! 242.8lbs this am! Got some good things done around the house to help with our finances and did some grocery shopping to get set up for success this week! Looking forward to breaking below 240lbs (again) this week!

Also, simple change to my OHP days: I'm dropping the weight back down. The strain on my shoulders isn't good and it's bothering me in other aspects of my life (sleep being a major challenge at times). So I'm going to cut back so that my 5/3/1 day is 150lbs (was 185 last cycle) to help with reducing the strain on my joints. That's about it! Everything else feels pretty good and I can see subtle changes in the mirror in my upper body and my legs look much more muscluar than they did this time last year! Slow and steady boys, slow and steady!
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

***TRAINING UPDATE***

Military Press

Warm Ups
    65x8
    85x5
    95x3 <---Worked in some rotator cuff stuff too, in between sets

Work Sets - VERY STRICT FORM. ZERO LOWER BODY MOVEMENT WHATSOEVER

100x5
    115x5
    135x8

BBB
    2x110x10
    3x95x10

VBAR Pull Downs
    2x170x10
    3x150x10

Wide Grip Pull Downs
    4x100x10

All done. Not a bad workout, but nothing like it used to be. I'm going to start over basically with these OHP's and let whatever is going on with my shoulder get better. I have a DRs appointment on Friday to have it checked out, but I figure backing off from max weights on OHPs can only help!
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

242.8lbs again this morning. So held steady over night which isn't a bad thing IMO. Made an AMAZING meatloaf for dinner which even the wife loved! Asked me to not take it to work for lunch so she could have it for dinner again tonight! Lol! Deadlifts today, and I feel dead. Totally lacking energy today, so something better kick in soon. Gonna actually NEED the pre-workout today!

I signed up for the BSN Summer Shred Challenge. I signed up for the one at the start of the New Year, but didn't really keep after it. I know in my head, that I need to commit to doing more cardio. My convienent excuse is logistical: I don't have 40 minutes transit time between my house, gym and work before 7am. I WOULD if I got up at 430 every morning, but that's not happening any time soon. So, until the weather improves and I can go outside for some cardio, I'm left to do my yoga in the am. Another option is to do my cardio in the afternoon/evening after work, which could be very doable. I'll work on the logistics this week and start up next week!
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

***TRAINING UPDATE***

Deadlift Day

I felt SUPER flat before this workout started but my pre-workout Assault REALLY helped! First time I ever felt like I got more than just a caffeine rush, this REALLY got me going! I was HUNGRY for the iron!

Warm Ups
    165x5
    205x5
    245x3

Work Sets (No Straps)
    265x5
    305x5
    345x5 <---Good weight here. Form on the last rep or two was "Less than Optimal" read: horrible. LoL! BUT I did lock it out at that top so woot to me

BBB
    4x325x5 <---These were brutal. 'Nuff said. Cut it off a set early as explained below

SUPERSET THE BBB WITH

High Speed/Explosive Box Squats
    4x135x10

So I had my gallbladder removed back in 2004 and every now and then I get a very upset stomach. This can be triggered by an acidic beverage (such as Assault or Mt. Dew or whatever really...tomoato sauce...) and it's extremely uncomfortable and it zaps me dead. This happened after the third set, but I powered through a fourth and called it quits. I can make it go away with either bread or milk, but I had neither at the gym, so I was kind of stuck. Also, my gym partner said his knee was tender after the last set of deads (locked it out, litterally) so we just hung it up.

Good workout today! I had sweat drippin, my heart was thumpin and I FELT like I had worked out, even though I felt like garbage by the end of it all! Tomorrow will be Incline Bench day because my bro will be out of town Thurs and Friday and he wants to get in as much work as possible before his trip. Lucky SOB is going to Florida...in OTHER news, Virginia is getting a massive snow storm tonight!!! (Lucky SOB...)

Nice work man,

I used to live in Ohio, moved to Georgia, man let me tell ya these people freak out at the slightest chance of snow!!!
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

Nice work man,

I used to live in Ohio, moved to Georgia, man let me tell ya these people freak out at the slightest chance of snow!!!
    Thanks boss sauce! Our area of VA (tidewater/VA Beach area) got some rain...that's it. My parents who live west of DC got nearly a foot! lol!

Did our incline bench yesterday, and today is a rest day. I'm not going to do a full blown training update, but what I WILL provide is my top 5+ set was 175x12 reps! Felt GOOD! NO soreness or discomfort at all in my shoulder which is a VERY good thing considering I have that DR appointment tomorrow. Today, my plan is to hit the gym after work for some HIIT. I managed to get set up with an internal job transfer in a couple few weeks which will require me to dress a little nicer than I do now (trading jeans for slacks). Problem is, I need to be about 10lbs smaller to FIT into all of my dress clothes comfortably. Otherwise, it'll look like 10lbs in a 5lb bag, IF you know what it mean! So I will be seriously ramping up the cardio. HARD. It'll be like a crash diet of sorts, but with cardio...praying I don't, um, die...
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

Lulz, no death mate!!!

I got a shirt I bought when I was previously ripped, I keep it in my closet as motivation that I will wear it again!!!
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

Today is the first day of the REST of my LIFE!!! Going to get after it hard (again) bros! Weighed in at 244.8lbs this am after a heft eating weekend! Took a nice walk yesterday as it was the most beautiful day of the year so far yesterday! I did, however, wake up yesterday with a sinus thing happning which usually corresponds with the changing of the seasons. I get these regularly and all I hope is that it doesn't interfere with my training all that much.

Today is presses. Given that I just got a steroid injection in my shoulder on Friday, I'll be taking it LIGHT today and just working it out, focusing on form, and not over-doing it weight wise. Also will be doing some HIIT on the bike as that will be my preferred cardio of choice for the time efficiency.

I figure I've got at the MOST, 3 weeks to drop enough weight to comfortably fit into my dress clothes. So it's on like donkey kong!

Ok....I have a major problem with my gym...sure it's a free military installation gym, so what! They are aggressively making renovations/improvements to the facilities AND equipment (sounds good so far, right!?), BUT....on Friday, they took apart BOTH squat racks...BOTH OF THEM....and the only alternative was leg presses. They claim they're replacing them, but the new equipment isn't here yet....SO WHY DID YOU BREAK DOWN ALL THE OLD STUFF IF THE NEW STUFF WASN'T HERE YET!?!?

Anyway, got in my 3+ day on 5/3/1 Military Presses and did 4 very strict reps at 140lbs. Could have tried for more, but didn't want to put any added strain on my shoulder. I mean, those 4 were cake walk easy. Finished out the workout with some chins and dips, some arm work and spin bike HIIT. That's my new muse! Since the spin bikes are manually controlled, I can do 10 second bursts of all out sprinting on the highest resistance possible, followed by 50 seconds of rest. 8-10 reps of that, and I'm covered in sweat and feeling rather nausous! This is my game plan for getting these lbs off! Add to it further tightening of my diet and I should get where I need to be. I'd like to be at 230lbs by the end of the month. We shall see!
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

Leave it to military intelligence to take apart a fully functioning rack with no replacement in site.

I am so with ya on these three weeks!!! Hitting my 220 platuea!!!!
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

Leave it to military intelligence to take apart a fully functioning rack with no replacement in site.

I am so with ya on these three weeks!!! Hitting my 220 platuea!!!!
    Get after it bro! We CAN do this! We WILL do this!!!!!

242.8lbs this morning, so I'm REALLY hoping that I'll break that 240lb mark this week! Adding in that HIIT as often as possible!

Today is deadlift day so I'm SUPER PUMPED about that!

Shoulder feels good today. I can tell the medicine they injected is doing some good things. As I rotate my arm the usual ways that make it pop and crack, it isn't popping or cracking the same way or at all! Feels pretty good actually! My arms are sore from yesterday's workout as the assistance work was all chins and dips. Haven't done chins in a while and it showed. Also, my head still feels like a hot air balloon from these allergies. I really hope that goes away by the weekend and that it doesn't morph into a full on sinus infection (which is what USUALLY happens).

About to make a supplement order today: Amino Energy for my pre-workout, some ZMA and some Vit D 10K IU's. Still taking the DAA, creatine EE, multi and fish oil daily.
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1:

***TRAINING UPDATE***

Deadlift Day like WOAH!

Warm Ups
    165x5 (sumo)
    205x5
    245x3

Work Sets
    285x3
    325x3
    365x3

To contrast this, my previous best was 375x1....let that sink in....

BBB = 5x5

5x315x5 <----These were ALL strong and fast. Felt good to feel beastly like that in the gym! Especially after I felt so weak yesterday...

Hanging Leg Raises
    5x15

Done! Drippin sweat after all that! Going to go back this afternoon and get my HIIT on on the spin bike then some LISS for about 30 or so...New progress photos tonight in the BodySpace (I hope). Gotta load my before pics for the BSN Summer Shred Challange!
    Current Lifts:

Goals by July 1: