SuperStorm96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up newbie need advice -BULK or cut-

Been working out for a couple of months now and wanted to know if I should bulk or cut?

My stats:
    Height 5'.7"
    Weight 160 lbs

Kinda confused on what to do cause coworkers/friends tell me I look skinny, but I see a lot of fat on me.
    If possible guide me to a webpage that helps with either bulking or cutting..
    Attached Images

Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by SuperStorm96 View Post
    Been working out for a couple of months now and wanted to know if I should bulk or cut?

My stats:
    Height 5'.7"
    Weight 160 lbs

Kinda confused on what to do cause coworkers/friends tell me I look skinny, but I see a lot of fat on me.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-n...tion-or-is-it/

Good article ^

My recommendation is eating slightly above maintenance and lifting intensely.

How intense your training/routine is will minimum accruing fatS!!!!!!!

BTW -> screw your co-worker/friends opinion, do what you want!

JayyC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayyC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayyC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayyC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayyC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayyC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayyC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayyC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayyC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayyC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayyC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Cut then clean bulk.

LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Definitely cut, bulking off of that base will result in you ending up quite fat. As your a newbie, you'll probably need time to get used to solid weight training, diet and cardio. Better off doing that whilst cutting, rather than bulking, making a mess and getting fatter.
    My routine:

Mon - Biceps
    Tues - Triceps
    Wed - Biceps
    Thurs - Triceps
    Fri - Biceps
    Sat - Triceps
    Sun - Rest

You can't see back and legs, don't waste your time with that nonsense!

dchartier034 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dchartier034 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dchartier034 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dchartier034 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dchartier034 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dchartier034 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dchartier034 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dchartier034 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dchartier034 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dchartier034 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dchartier034 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    cut down by eating a deficit of around 300-500 calories untill your happy with your weight then slowly bump your calorie intake up till your 300-400 above.

nothings going to change overnight.

eat right.sleep right. and lift heavy. and youll love the results
    [The weak do what they can, the strong do what they want.]

Registered User Roidsmakeyoubig's Avatar
    Roidsmakeyoubig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    cut for sure

diy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) diy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) diy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) diy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) diy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) diy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) diy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) diy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) diy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) diy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) diy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

cycle

definitely start by cutting. my advice try cycles of a month for cutting than a month for clean bulking.

Originally Posted by dchartier034 View Post
    cut down by eating a deficit of around 300-500 calories untill your happy with your weight then slowly bump your calorie intake up till your 300-400 above.

nothings going to change overnight.

eat right.sleep right. and lift heavy. and youll love the results
    So cutting only involves eating less?

Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    So cutting only involves eating less?
    Being in deficit is cutting, cardio & eating less will help.

Do you even know your maintenance to maintain current weight with calories?

Originally Posted by Vietgoboi View Post
    Being in deficit is cutting, cardio & eating less will help.

Do you even know your maintenance to maintain current weight with calories?
    Actually no, I just have been eating healthy for the past year, about 6 times a day, not counting calories. A year from today I use to be skinny 145 pounds at 5'7"

Originally Posted by Roidsmakeyoubig View Post
    cut for sure
    Do you still eat healthy fat, such as peanut butter and flax seeds when cutting?

WANTitBAD will become famous soon enough. (+50) WANTitBAD will become famous soon enough. (+50) WANTitBAD will become famous soon enough. (+50) WANTitBAD will become famous soon enough. (+50) WANTitBAD will become famous soon enough. (+50) WANTitBAD will become famous soon enough. (+50) WANTitBAD will become famous soon enough. (+50) WANTitBAD will become famous soon enough. (+50) WANTitBAD will become famous soon enough. (+50) WANTitBAD will become famous soon enough. (+50) WANTitBAD will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Exclamation

i say cut till the hips are gone

Eloquent is not very helpful. (-500) Eloquent is not very helpful. (-500) Eloquent is not very helpful. (-500) Eloquent is not very helpful. (-500) Eloquent is not very helpful. (-500) Eloquent is not very helpful. (-500) Eloquent is not very helpful. (-500) Eloquent is not very helpful. (-500) Eloquent is not very helpful. (-500) Eloquent is not very helpful. (-500) Eloquent is not very helpful. (-500)
    Lift 4 days/week
    Don't do cardio.
    Focus on lifting performance, that will give you the body.
    Eat 2200 calories, high protein and you will look better in little time.

So 2200, lift hard, good food selections.

I know this because 3 months ago I weighed 160 at 5'7 just like you, right now I weigh about 164, but look a loooooooot better.
    I ate 2700 and lifted hard, if you eat 2200 you will shed fat with noobie muscle gains.
    But know that you will end up plateauing on your lifts which is fine since your goal is muscle with definition not lifting gym gains.

learner1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My stats:
    Height 5'.7"
    Weight 160 lbs

I too have similar sort of physique, just curious to know body fat % ? Looking at the pics what do you think what's his body fat % ?

Regards

Learner

Originally Posted by learner1 View Post
    I too have similar sort of physique, just curious to know body fat % ? Looking at the pics what do you think what's his body fat % ?

Regards

Learner
    Would also like to know my body fat %

Jakelab06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jakelab06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jakelab06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jakelab06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jakelab06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jakelab06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jakelab06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jakelab06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jakelab06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jakelab06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jakelab06 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    imo, cut, you got 15 lbs of fat on your stomach alone

ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Would also like to know my body fat %
    Originally Posted by learner1 View Post

Regards

Learner
    hes like 20-22%

learner1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question

Originally Posted by ShayZ View Post
    hes like 20-22%
    ok, thanks a lot for the info, generally how does one measure body fat % ... is it more of a guess work by looking at the physique ? or is there a formula / method to do so ?

Regards

Learner

Originally Posted by ShayZ View Post
    hes like 20-22%
    So what is the ideal body fat %?
    what I mean is what is healthy body fat % for the average non pro home body builder

fareedH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cut for sure