maxrep1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bowel movement issue, need suggestions.

Background, I was taking whey protein shakes in the morning, whey shakes in the afternoon and casein before bed. I would add a whey shake after my work out on days I lifted. Then I got sick with a cold, stopped lifting for a week and this is the last time I can trace back to when this started. After I got sick I went back to my routine but was having horrible time going to the bathroom, hard stools, larger then normal ect... I started to add more fiber and watch my water intake, I drink about a half a gallon to a gallon a water a day, I also take fiber pills and consume more fiber products, my fiber intake is usually around 30 grams if not more. I'm not counting any other food besides what I know has fiber, I start the morning with oatmeal ( 8g ) , then I have a fiber bar either in the morning or afternoon ( 8g) , and I take 6 fiber pills in the morning which is the recommended dosage on the bottle and that has just a tad under 16g of fiber. Since all of this has been going on, I cut out my mid day whey shake. Any ideas on whats going on or what I can to stop it ?

joeyddi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joeyddi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joeyddi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joeyddi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joeyddi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joeyddi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joeyddi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joeyddi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joeyddi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joeyddi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joeyddi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    oatmeal always works for me. not the packaged crap loaded with sugar but the straight stuff...just pour in some artificial milk sweetener

Yeah I'm eating the packet stuff, I'll try the plain kind.

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    30 g of fiber is nothing
    0 veggies may be a problem
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

PTenergy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PTenergy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PTenergy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PTenergy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PTenergy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PTenergy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PTenergy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PTenergy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PTenergy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are you eating any real food? Like... spinach and broccoli?

Broccoli is always my stool-fixer. I eat it raw in spinach grilled chicken salads. Add some sprouts, avocado, olive oil, and a dash of balsamic. Stool domination.

It's all about diet, but you gotta post what you're eating.

Enjoying the lamentations Ed_Hitchens's Avatar
    Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000) Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000) Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000) Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000) Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000) Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000) Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000) Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000) Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000) Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000) Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000)
    Why are you taking so much fiber supplementation? A few servings per day of fruits and veggies is plenty adequate. Best thing for your regularity and digestion is real food. The main reason people feel they need fiber supplementation is due to a lack of quality foods in their diet. Gut flora loves natural whole foods and is your best ally in the poop wars.

You are possibly also overdoing it on the protein shakes. Get a few balanced meals into you, back off on all the supps, and see if that gets things back on track.
    Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now.

Your prayers have been answered. The answer is NO.

Never give up on your dreams. They provide so much joy to your friends and family who laugh about them behind your back.

Remember when you were a kid and dreamed of working in a cubicle all day? Mission accomplished.

LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

On top of the fiber rich foods whenever I have problems going I add a little extra fats into the day. Olive oil, avocado oil. It loosens everything up. or a good stool softener... Good luck!
    Started at 350 pounds and 65% body fat
    Natural Women's Physique Competitor
    Future Ms. Natural Olympia

Motivadian and Lifestyle Coach

*NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE*

Follow my shenanigans on Instagram: Fabulyss88

cbates79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cbates79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cbates79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cbates79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cbates79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cbates79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cbates79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cbates79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cbates79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cbates79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cbates79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by maxrep1 View Post
    Background, I was taking whey protein shakes in the morning, whey shakes in the afternoon and casein before bed. I would add a whey shake after my work out on days I lifted. Then I got sick with a cold, stopped lifting for a week and this is the last time I can trace back to when this started. After I got sick I went back to my routine but was having horrible time going to the bathroom, hard stools, larger then normal ect... I started to add more fiber and watch my water intake, I drink about a half a gallon to a gallon a water a day, I also take fiber pills and consume more fiber products, my fiber intake is usually around 30 grams if not more. I'm not counting any other food besides what I know has fiber, I start the morning with oatmeal ( 8g ) , then I have a fiber bar either in the morning or afternoon ( 8g) , and I take 6 fiber pills in the morning which is the recommended dosage on the bottle and that has just a tad under 16g of fiber. Since all of this has been going on, I cut out my mid day whey shake. Any ideas on whats going on or what I can to stop it ?
    I know everyone's body is different and processes dairy differently, but that much whey would constipate me. It didn't constipate me right off the bat, but after a few weeks I was lucky to go once a week. I removed all the protein shakes my from my diet and now don't have any problems going. If eating more veggies/fruit doesn't help, try going off the protein shakes for a few days. As far as fiber supplements go, I've found Metamucil to work pretty well whenever I do get the occasional constipation.

jnycs is just really nice. (+1000) jnycs is just really nice. (+1000) jnycs is just really nice. (+1000) jnycs is just really nice. (+1000) jnycs is just really nice. (+1000) jnycs is just really nice. (+1000) jnycs is just really nice. (+1000) jnycs is just really nice. (+1000) jnycs is just really nice. (+1000) jnycs is just really nice. (+1000) jnycs is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    30 g of fiber is nothing
    0 veggies may be a problem
    This, you gotta eat them greens man.

A cup of coffee always sends me to the bathroom.

PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Greasy foods.. chili, burgers, bacon.

Better yet, go get a big chili bacon burger. Srs

Obscene has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Obscene has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Obscene has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Obscene has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Obscene has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Obscene has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Obscene has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Obscene has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Obscene has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Obscene has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Obscene has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    A big bowl of all bran will sort you out

danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Screw fiber supps, get Psyllium. Prevents hard stool, prevents runs, works every damn time.

I promise you wont regret getting it. Inexpensive also.

gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just got over what you are currently going through. Things that helped me.... 1) more fruits and veggies I personally like raw green beans but you need to get as much of your fiber in as naturally as possible 2) cut back just a little bit on caloric intake and on the whey shakes... i too took a few shakes a day and noticed how brick like my stools were, NOT FUN! 3) take 2 FiberCon tablets before bed.... this can be purchased at Walgreens, CVS etc... definitely helped with increasing the frequency of bowel movements 4) SEE YOUR DOCTOR!!! mine put me on Proctozone which has helped tremendously 5) drink a ton of water... trust me you want to keep your stools as moist as possible and you should already be drinking a ton of water 6) avoid alcohol in mass quanitites, its fine to have a couple beers but remember that alcohol dehydrates you and this could pull water out of your stool which leads to hard stools.... again man I just got over this problem a couple days ago however you must really evaluate your habits and make some changes, this is a problem you are going to deal with over the rest of your life but YOU CAN CONTROL IT! Hope this helped, pm me if you have any other questions!!!

Feed me weights

Menschie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Menschie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Menschie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Menschie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Menschie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Menschie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Menschie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Menschie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Menschie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Menschie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Menschie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'll 3rd psyllium... I find Metamucil is the best. I take the artificially sweetened version and the dose is 1 teaspoon up to 3 times a day. I find that what works the best is one heaping teaspoon once a day first thing in the AM. By heaping I mean as heaping as you can possibly make it. Mix it in and drink it quick before all that psyllium starts to expand. Keeps your stools soft, you regular, and clean as a whistle... you'll save money on TP

Thanks for all the feedback guys

I barely eat vegetables, its something I know I need to intake more of. I've been taking more fiber supplements because I felt I wasn't getting enough fiber in the diet and this was causing it. As for the psyllium, are we talking about the psyllium husk ?

gspratley thank you, I don't drink a lot, barely at all. I'll take everything else into consideration though, I'm just worried if I stop taking protein shakes I won't be getting enough protein I need for my muscles, any comments about that ?

danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I barely eat vegetables, its something I know I need to intake more of. I've been taking more fiber supplements because I felt I wasn't getting enough fiber in the diet and this was causing it. As for the psyllium, are we talking about the psyllium husk ?

gspratley thank you, I don't drink a lot, barely at all. I'll take everything else into consideration though, I'm just worried if I stop taking protein shakes I won't be getting enough protein I need for my muscles, any comments about that ?
    Yep, psyllium husk powder

Menschie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Menschie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Menschie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Menschie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Menschie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Menschie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Menschie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Menschie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Menschie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Menschie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Menschie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm just worried if I stop taking protein shakes I won't be getting enough protein I need for my muscles, any comments about that ?
    only one way to find out... track your diet (or at least your protein intake)

Keep up with the shakes, I use them a LOT. Every day I take weight gainer equivalent to 1020 cals, 14g fat, 170 carbs, and 56 protein. I also have some gold standard whey I take sometimes if I'm short on my protein in addition to the weight gainer. I havent seen any downside to it yet, still making gains every week and no bowel movement problems now that I take the psyllium powder.

gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    your fine, i would go on a limb and bet that your body is wasting a lot of that protein... i'd cut down to one shake and save that one for immediately post workout... i cannot stress the importance of water and fruits and veggies though that would be the one area I shoot to improve first... and i feel your pain man its no fun dealing with h'roids, fissures and just pain in general around that area... make sure you breathe regularly during your workouts keep straining to a minimum... HAPPY TRAINING!!!

Feed me weights

no problems with h'roids or fissures? nice cut too bro!!! thats doing work

Originally Posted by danhaney View Post
    Keep up with the shakes, I use them a LOT. Every day I take weight gainer equivalent to 1020 cals, 14g fat, 170 carbs, and 56 protein. I also have some gold standard whey I take sometimes if I'm short on my protein in addition to the weight gainer. I havent seen any downside to it yet, still making gains every week and no bowel movement problems now that I take the psyllium powder.
    Feed me weights

Originally Posted by Menschie View Post
    only one way to find out... track your diet (or at least your protein intake)
    ^^ This ^^ highly recommend a food diary to EVERYONE!!! great comment
    Feed me weights

Originally Posted by gspratley View Post
    no problems with h'roids or fissures? nice cut too bro!!! thats doing work
    Havent ever had any problems like that. Only when I try to cook chicken :P

Can anyone give me an idea of how many vegatables I should be consuming ?

Can anyone give me an idea of how many vegatables I should be consuming ?
    How ever many you want. I personally, dont have any veggies in my regular diet plan but I do eat them on occasion. If you arent having them I recommend a multi though

I've always been taking a multi, and I also take fish oil.

MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    As soon as I up my protein intake issues begin. I eat plenty of veggies and fruits and fiber is good too.

It take Nature's Secret Multi-Fiber Cleanse. 2 pills a day, 1-2 poops a day without gut rot or bloating.
    Vikings--Wolves-Gophers
    ***United----MNUFC***
    *****Celiac Bruh*****

Both of those are essential.... i personally try to get 7 servings in a day... raw green beans are good, good source of fiber and protein without too many carbs to upset your macros if you are following any.... HIGHLY recommend them

I've always been taking a multi, and I also take fish oil.
    Feed me weights

I forgot to add... not sure if it matters but I udually have one bowel movement a day, usually at night but sometimes it can be every other day and at times it does feel hard but its really large. Looks normal but the overal girth really seems abnormal. Ill be picking up some of the products mentioned above.

Azyth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Azyth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Azyth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Azyth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Azyth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Azyth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Azyth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Azyth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Azyth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Azyth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Azyth is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I bought Enzymes supplement. Drink 2 of those pills with each meal. My ****ting is flawless ever since I drink those... Our body produces only that much of them, so if you supplement, the food gets digested much easier...
    “Vision creates faith and faith creates willpower. With faith there is no anxiety and no doubt – just absolute confidence in yourself.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

“The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That’s what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they’ll go through the pain no matter what happens.”-Arnold Schwarzenegger