lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Calculating Calories and Macros?

I've read the sticky, but oh my God I'm useless with numbers.
    I get confused ridiculously easy, I'm not exactly the brightest spark when it comes to maths.

I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to give me a hand? I'm joining a new gym next week and starting All Pros, so I want to start eating right too.

Here's what I'm guessing you'll need:
    6ft 2
    183lbs
    20% Body Fat
    Gym 3x per week (Hour and a half roughly)
    Football/Soccer 2x per week (90 mins each)

Anything else, let me know.

Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You're lucky I'm feeling extra nice today.

I got ~2900 as a TDEE, so try eating that for two weeks and assess your weight. If it goes up or down then adjust accordingly. the fat and Protein I'm leaving up to you since they are much simpler, also don't expect this in the future, better to learn to fish.

BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What do you do when you're not playing gym/soccer/football? This is very important as well.. there's a huge difference if you have a desk job and if you're a heavy laborer.

Balddude is just really nice. (+1000) Balddude is just really nice. (+1000) Balddude is just really nice. (+1000) Balddude is just really nice. (+1000) Balddude is just really nice. (+1000) Balddude is just really nice. (+1000) Balddude is just really nice. (+1000) Balddude is just really nice. (+1000) Balddude is just really nice. (+1000) Balddude is just really nice. (+1000) Balddude is just really nice. (+1000)
    According to the "Calculating Calorie & Macronutrient Needs" sticky by Emma-Leigh, and the Katch-McArdle formula quoted inside, as well as assuming that you are leading a moderately active lifestyle, your TDEE would work out to be [370 + (21.6 x LBM)] x 1.5 = 2700~

So basically you're looking at an APPROXIMATED maintenance level of 2700 calories.

If you want to bulk, start with 3200 calories daily. If a cut, 2200 calories daily.

Note that the value given by the formula is an approximate, and that if you find you are gaining/losing too quickly/slowly, change calorie intake accordingly.

Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Balddude View Post
    According to the "Calculating Calorie & Macronutrient Needs" sticky by Emma-Leigh, and the Katch-McArdle formula quoted inside, as well as assuming that you are leading a moderately active lifestyle, your TDEE would work out to be [370 + (21.6 x LBM)] x 1.5 = 2700~

So basically you're looking at an APPROXIMATED maintenance level of 2700 calories.

If you want to bulk, start with 3200 calories daily. If a cut, 2200 calories daily.

Note that the value given by the formula is an approximate, and that if you find you are gaining/losing too quickly/slowly, change calorie intake accordingly.
    Great example here for the point I will make in reference to the post by BeingPaid. Here 1.5 was used an activity factor, where as I used 1.6. Both would be acceptable with the description you provided. So it is important to note what was said about your daily life, you could be anywhere between these two points or even above or below them depending on your other activity. This makes it essential to assess your intake and weight.

lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Dujin77 View Post
    You're lucky I'm feeling extra nice today.

I got ~2900 as a TDEE, so try eating that for two weeks and assess your weight. If it goes up or down then adjust accordingly. the fat and Protein I'm leaving up to you since they are much simpler, also don't expect this in the future, better to learn to fish.
    Huge help.
    Cheers buddy!
    Repped.

Originally Posted by BeingPaid View Post
    What do you do when you're not playing gym/soccer/football? This is very important as well.. there's a huge difference if you have a desk job and if you're a heavy laborer.
    Not a lot.
    I'm usually studying when I'm not active.

Originally Posted by Balddude View Post

Again, this is a huge help and the answer I was looking for!
    Thanks a lot dude.
    Repped!

Originally Posted by Dujin77 View Post
    Great example here for the point I will make in reference to the post by BeingPaid. Here 1.5 was used an activity factor, where as I used 1.6. Both would be acceptable with the description you provided. So it is important to note what was said about your daily life, you could be anywhere between these two points or even above or below them depending on your other activity. This makes it essential to assess your intake and weight.
    Ah right okay. Did wonder why I had two different answers but that's clear now. Thank you