Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Good stuff mr spoto. listened to your interview on vegas powerhour.

I'm more excited about what happens after you break it. It would be good to see you and mendy go head to head in a few meets after you get the 716, before you go to the darkside and hit 1000.
    Recovering fatass

bulldogs702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bulldogs702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bulldogs702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bulldogs702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bulldogs702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bulldogs702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bulldogs702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bulldogs702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bulldogs702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bulldogs702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bulldogs702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ShotCalluh View Post
    is there any particular power lifting routines u like/would recommend for an intermediate lifter?
    I think for beginner,intermediate or advance lifters power lifting routines should all be very similar. Its all based around compound movements low reps and heavy weight and consistency. 5/3/1 5x5 Should be great for almost all lifters.

(<300 bench, <400 squat, <500 deadlift raw natural)?
    Originally Posted by ShotCalluh View Post
    I struggle at the bottom; wuts the best way to improve the sticking point off the chest? (IN your opinion)
    What I do for strength out the bottom is pretty simple. I like to us a weight I can get between 3-6 reps now go down to your chest but don't touch it try to come as close as you can to touching without actually touching so there is no let off of tension or no rebound now drive it up about 2/3 of the way up and repeat for whatever amount of reps you can. It will be tough at first but you will adapt and I promise your bench will increase.

Originally Posted by Pazienxa View Post
    Wow, this is unreal.

For someone who does not have any access to bands or chains and can only use straight weight, how beneficial do you feel DE Benching would be?
    It can be effective with me I don't like to not use bands because it jacks my elbows up but if it doesn't bother you, you can still get the benefits of learning to be more explosive. Chains are expensive and a pain in the ass to transport but for like 25$ you should be able to score a band and just bring it in your gym bag when you go to gym.

I NEED to bench twice a week to improve my bench as I have found in the past that no matter what type of workout or volume I do on my bench once won't do it for my stubborn bench. How would you program these two days? One for volume, other intensity? Speed work, etc?
    I am the exact way I need two bench days per week too. I have trained some athletes that where capable of two heavy bench days a week but like me most people are not able to recover. There are a couple ways you can split bench days up I always do Monday heavy and Thursday other. The Thursday will consist of either speed bench or rep work. I will also hit shoulder press sometimes on Thursday to pre exhaust my shoulders before some rep days not before speed days.

Thanks in advance, I feel so honoured to have someone of your stature to answer my question.

P.s. who is claymore1 irl?
    I think he is some crazy stalker dude. Claymore is my good friend and training partner/lift off guy/motivational speaker all in one. He looks like a Bodybuilder but is close to a 2000lb raw total in the gym we need to get this guy on the stage or the platform.

Originally Posted by Willz View Post
    I have really bad rotator cuffs, do u do any rotator cuff work? if so what do u do to strengthen it and keep it from getting injured? thanks!!
    Great question rotator cuff is the forgotten muscle. Back to my theory on your bench is only as strong as your weakest link, well are weakest link is our rotator cuffs. A couple things I learned about rotator cuffs is they will get alot stronger extremely quick, I have tranied guys who have doubled the weight they can do on Cuban Rotations after just 4-5 weeks of training them. Basically you either doing internal rotation or external rotation. If your gym has rotator cuff machine I like those but you can use the cables to get a very similar feel. If you bend your wrist backwards on internal rotation you should feel more direct tension on rotator cuff. Now before I bench I like to losen my rotators up with bands or very light plates but I would not recommend more than that before bench. I do my rotator cuffs on thursday after speed or light bench.

Originally Posted by InspecktaDeck View Post
    Heres a serious question: How does it feel being so damn big? Does it effect your day-to-day life? Second, I know you currently focus on bench(because your bench is so freakish). At what point did your bench get so out of hand to where you were like "lets see how far we can take this"?
    I dont like being over 315 at all. At 275 I feel a lot better but with my thick bones and frame I end up getting over 300 when I am training hard and eating good. I use to be able to Slam dunk a basketball at 220 so when I last went to the court I couldn't even grab the rim its kinda humbling, but its part of what it takes to bench over 700. I was always a good bencher and squatter ever since I was a kid. I trained for years more bodybuilding style 10 reps I would usually go to the gym by myself so I didnt try to go to heavy. I would rep 500 for like 10 but had no idea what I could do for triples or singles. Four or Five years ago I had a spotter and hit a 600. At that time I thought I should focus on heavy weights and really see what I am capable of benching.

Originally Posted by ridge_forrester View Post
    Hey Eric, just reposting my question from the other thread:

What are your thoughts on how things change the more advanced you become? Like comparing a 300lb to a 700lb+ bench. Are the principles for managing volume/intensity/recovery similar?

Also, what in your mind, separates you from the other top bench pressers. Routine/strength base/size/genetic freakiness?
    I really dont think it changes that much of course the gains slow down when you start getting closer to your maximum genetic potenial but besides that I dont see to much of a difference. It is all based on are 1rm so If I am at 95% for a triple for 6 sets and you are at 95% for triple 6 sets it should be almost exactly the same. The biggest problem with getting stronger is the wear on the joints for me to grow and get stronger if I have to use 675 for a triple and you can use 405 for a triple in general your joints will not get as banged up as mine.
    I would say that if you are a top raw bencher say 650+ you are going to have some similar traits. Big boned thick framed you are extremely dedicated to lifting,good genetics for strength training. I feel I was gifted with a good genetics and I work hard at the gym and love to lift. We all have our little secrets that help a little here and there but genetics, nutrition, training is what determines 90% of the equation.

Originally Posted by SPFjudge View Post
    Why did you open so high?
    Well decided to open with 716 for a couple reasons. I had already hit a 700 in competition so the next benchmark in my eyes is 716. I know from training that touch and go's take very little out of me. Paused benches take a little more out of me. So I figured I would do 675 in the warm up room touch and go instead of pausing it and possibly using a little energy. Anything less than a 716 that day would have been a failure to me so If I would have opened 675 smoked that and then missed the 716 it would still been a very disappointing performance. Looking back now I should have hit the 675 on the platform to get some of the nerves out of me and loosen up, it was a learning experience that was just 1 of about 10 things I did wrong at the meet and leading up to that meet.

When is the next meet? We are thinking March the redemption At ST GYM but it is not set in stone yet.

What changes will you make towards training for the next on and what changes will you make on the day of the meet?
    I will make a good amount of changes I will not take near as time off before the meet and I will adjust my training cycle, I peaked about 2 weeks before the kings of bench. So four weeks before ST meet it was my first 2 meets so I know a lot more the next go around.

Also, who is the one, true, vanilla gorilla, you or Blaine Sumner???
    Why is there some type of Trademark violation going on.

Originally Posted by Arkwright View Post
    When you first started lifting what routine did you use?
    I was thinking about stronglifts but I don't know much about Pl routines.
    When I first started lifting I used some lame bodybuilding workout I probably read in musclemag so you definitely don't want to follow that. I was lucky that i always liked to do compound movements like Bench,pullups,squats,dips so I got strong. I going to be honest with you there is no magical PL routine its pretty simple compound movements heavy weight so try one stick to it and you will get strong.

Originally Posted by yummy22 View Post
    once you break the raw record do you plan to finally try out geared lifting? Geared lifting right now has a higher level of competition in terms of # of athletes.
    Thank you for the vote of confidence. I plan on being stronger than I have ever been for this next meet so if I break the raw record I will start doing some geared lifting I dont know if it would be single or multi but I would like to hit a 1000 lb bench.

ThemAesthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThemAesthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThemAesthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThemAesthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThemAesthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThemAesthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThemAesthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThemAesthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThemAesthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThemAesthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThemAesthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have started following a non-linear periodization program recentely, whereby I would integrate both low-rep and high-rep sets within my predominantly bb-style routine, and although I've seen improvements in the strength area, my body weight sort of plateaued. Is it because PL-style training is not as effective to build mass as BB-style training, or is it simply because I chose to adapt my routine coincidently at a time where my "newbie" gains were fading away ? (added 22 pounds in 8 months, btw) Thanks for your help !

Resolutions has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Resolutions has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Resolutions has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Resolutions has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Resolutions has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Resolutions has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Resolutions has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Resolutions has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Resolutions has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Resolutions has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Resolutions has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    700 raw bench, holy shiit
    Even though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death, i will fear no evil. Psalm 23:4

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to succeed as bad as you want to breath, then you will be successful. - idgaf, this is just motivating

bulldogs702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bulldogs702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bulldogs702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bulldogs702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bulldogs702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bulldogs702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bulldogs702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bulldogs702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bulldogs702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bulldogs702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bulldogs702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ThemAesthetics View Post
    I have started following a non-linear periodization program recentely, whereby I would integrate both low-rep and high-rep sets within my predominantly bb-style routine, and although I've seen improvements in the strength area, my body weight sort of plateaued. Is it because PL-style training is not as effective to build mass as BB-style training, or is it simply because I chose to adapt my routine coincidently at a time where my "newbie" gains were fading away ? (added 22 pounds in 8 months, btw) Thanks for your help !
    You are most likely right about your newbie gains fading at around the same time that you incorporated the power lifting style routine. I have seen people grow with BB style and PL style routines although some people respond better to BB routines for putting on size. If your getting stronger it will allow you to get bigger anyway because when you do the BB style routine you will be able to use heavier weights which will eventually increase muscle hypertrophy.

Shanehunt225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shanehunt225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shanehunt225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shanehunt225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shanehunt225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shanehunt225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shanehunt225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shanehunt225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shanehunt225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shanehunt225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shanehunt225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what do you think the best movement for the middle of the bench is? i can get it off my chest and lock it out but the middle is very difficuklt for me, tips?

gj with the WR itll be yours very soon i think

venom93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) venom93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What is the most you've hit in the gym?

What do you think of the reverse grip bench press?

Do you ever do incline bench press?

BigPunisher92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPunisher92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPunisher92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPunisher92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPunisher92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPunisher92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPunisher92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPunisher92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPunisher92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPunisher92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPunisher92 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Eric what is your diet like?

How many calories?

When someone asked about bottom portion of bench press strength I forgot to mention wide grip dips. As long as it doesn't hurt your shoulders it should definitely help.

Originally Posted by Shanehunt225 View Post
    what do you think the best movement for the middle of the bench is? i can get it off my chest and lock it out but the middle is very difficuklt for me, tips?

gj with the WR itll be yours very soon i think

There are two things that should help you. First when people struggle in middle portion of bench it could mean you need to get your shoulders stronger. By adding shoulder strength that will help, a specific exercise I would recommend besides shoulder work is a pin press. Get in a rack and put the pins where you start at you weakest point. Focus on triples

Originally Posted by venom93 View Post
    What is the most you've hit in the gym?

What do you think of the reverse grip bench press?

Do you ever do incline bench press?

Without the aid of elbow wraps or sling shot I have paused 705 in the Gym.

Reverse grip bench press is a good movement as long as your specific body mechanics are able to do it without pain. I feel it focus on triceps more plus you are forced to touch much lower and tuck your elbows so I like it for those reasons. I have a tough time getting my hands in that position so I am not comfortable to go heavy I just do it on light days for a pump. I have seen people with shoulder issues on conventional bench press able to reverse bench press with no pain. So it could be used as an alternate to conventional bench press if shoulder pain is a issue.

I have not done incline bench press for a while for some reason it bothers my left shoulder so the risk doesn't outweigh the benefit. I would recommend incline dumbbell presses after flat barbell bench since you get the added benefit of working stabilizers.

Originally Posted by BigPunisher92 View Post
    Eric what is your diet like?

How many calories?
    I dont count calories I only track protein. I want at least 1 gram of protein per LB of weight so I need minimum 310 right now. I try to eat fresh fruit and fresh vegetables as much as possible and of course good quality meat and eggs. I would guess I take in less calories than the average power lifter, I have tried heavy calorie diets and didn't notice increase in strength I just get fatter. Now I have trained ectomorphs and I know for sure that high calorie diets are a must for them to put on strength and size.

simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Eric I was at the ST meet and was Claymore the other huge white guy with you? I think he gave you your lift offs on your bench attempts.

Also, inb4 Eric puts up huge 3bd numbers in preparation for multiply benching.
    Total's = Jan. 2012 - 1036 @ 198's
    Jan. 2013 - 1184 @ 220's
    Jul. 2013 - 1251 @ 220's
    Jan. 2014 - 1355 @ 242's

ladytough has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ladytough has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hi,
    Im new to powerlifting, ive lifted a couple of times with my friends who actually train powerlifting. but that was 3 onths ago before I moved.
    Now in the new town, IDK anyone else who powerlifts so im very lost on how i should start
    I DL-170 max
    Squat 105 max
    and i havent benched more than 55 ever.

Could you tell me what routine i should start with etc etc? i have the form down since ive worked out before i starter power lifintg.
    Thank you
    I can't, I have to go to the gym

ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Great bench press sage, equal of heaven (no nuthug) - I have a few more questions please!

Countless people have torn their pecs with weights half of what you handle routinely, how do you keep your pecs safe?

What are your thoughts on optimal grip width? For example, if a person benches raw with a wide grip and is weak off the chest, how do you tell if the grip is too wide, or he needs more chest/shoulder strength?

Lastly, about descent speed. Does a faster descent speed (under control) always mean a stronger reversal effect out of the bottom?

Thanks again!

Originally Posted by simp3204 View Post
    Eric I was at the ST meet and was Claymore the other huge white guy with you? I think he gave you your lift offs on your bench attempts.

Also, inb4 Eric puts up huge 3bd numbers in preparation for multiply benching.

Yea thats him he lifts off for Stan and me. According to Mark Bell he is the #4 ranked spotter in the world, I said he has to be at least top 3.

Originally Posted by ladytough View Post
    Hi,
    Im new to powerlifting, ive lifted a couple of times with my friends who actually train powerlifting. but that was 3 onths ago before I moved.
    Now in the new town, IDK anyone else who powerlifts so im very lost on how i should start
    I DL-170 max
    Squat 105 max
    and i havent benched more than 55 ever.

Could you tell me what routine i should start with etc etc? i have the form down since ive worked out before i starter power lifintg.
    Thank you
    I would choose either Bill Starr 5x5 or Mark Rippetoe starting strength, there is a ton of information out there on both programs. They are both proven beginner programs so you cant go wrong with either one. I know you said you have the form down but there is always something new to learn. As far as techniques on doing the particular exercises I would check out Elitefts on youtube, probably the best instructional videos on the internet.

Great bench press sage, equal of heaven (no nuthug) - I have a few more questions please!

Countless people have torn their pecs with weights half of what you handle routinely, how do you keep your pecs safe?

What are your thoughts on optimal grip width? For example, if a person benches raw with a wide grip and is weak off the chest, how do you tell if the grip is too wide, or he needs more chest/shoulder strength?

Lastly, about descent speed. Does a faster descent speed (under control) always mean a stronger reversal effect out of the bottom?

Thanks again!

When you lift heavy there is always going to be a chance of a muscle tear but there are a few things that you can do to help minimize the risk of a tear or injury. The number one thing is hydration, you are more likely to pull or tear something if your not fully hydrated. Talk to any bodybuilder when they are cutting sodium and are ultra dry close to a show they can tweak,tear,pull a muscle with half the weight they do in off season. The next step is to be warm if your gym is cold wear a sweatshirt and some sweatpants. Its always better to be hot than cold. Proper warm ups will help reduce the chance of injury too, make sure you pyramid up. One technique I use in warm up is to bench some of the lighter weights with a flat back, that increases my range of motion so I get more of a stretch at the bottom. Now when I get towards the heavier weights I add in a arch so it cuts 2-3 inches of depth. You can use this technique on Squats by going ass to the floor on warm ups and on dead lifts by warming up using 25lbs plates for the first couple warm up sets. You can never fully prevent your chance of injury but with smart training and proper nutrition I think you can greatly reduce your chance of an injury.

Bench grip width is sometimes tricky in general the bigger and taller a guy is the wider the grip he is able to utilize, but that is not always the case. Your natural born body mechanics and levers will sometimes dictate what is optimal width for you. In general if someone is weak off the chest I will try bringing in his hands a bit and seeing if that helps. If they are weak at lockout I would do the opposite and see if that helps. I can do more reps with lets say 80% 1rm with wide grip but my 1rm would be lower with that grip than a slightly narrower grip. So the grip that you get the most reps with might not be the same as the grip where you are at your strongest 1rm. The best way to find your optimal grip is start pretty narrow maybe a little wider than shoulder width each week more it out half inch and you will find your sweet spot.

To a certain extent yes and no. If all things being equal and you could fully engage your lats and hit the right spot at the bottom and control the weight enough for the pause that it doesn't sink in then yes. But that's a lot of ifs, so in training you want to find the right descent speed where you can coil up and get as explosive as possible for the concentric portion of the lift.
    Last edited by bulldogs702; 12-05-2012 at 06:16 AM.

zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    When you and Creed make Macaroni art, do you use elbow macaroni? And if you do, is it whole wheat or plain? I personally find that the whole wheat sticks to the paper better.
    1708 total @220 Raw
    Improve my total every time I step on the platform.

Being a male is a matter of birth. However, being a "man" is a matter of choice.

Photo in Avi is not current, I'm way fatter now.

Sweat Blood, Bleed Iron! TheStreetKing's Avatar
    TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000)
    Eric when you break Mendelsons Record i think its only fitting that you break Kennellys Record as well. Good luck!
    My Gym is my Church, My Sweat is my Prayers, My Strength is my Salvation, I Am Animal.

Loyalty above all else, Except Honor!

Claymore1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Claymore1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Claymore1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Claymore1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Claymore1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Claymore1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Claymore1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Claymore1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Claymore1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Claymore1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Claymore1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by zmcdole View Post
    When you and Creed make Macaroni art, do you use elbow macaroni? And if you do, is it whole wheat or plain? I personally find that the whole wheat sticks to the paper better.
    Tri-Color is the way to go Zack !!!, plus the variety of colors help with the overall picture.

Djcdm21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Djcdm21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Djcdm21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Djcdm21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Djcdm21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Djcdm21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Djcdm21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Djcdm21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Djcdm21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Djcdm21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Djcdm21 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    When are you making some new videos?
    The Bar never stays on my chest!

Claymore1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Claymore1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Claymore1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Claymore1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Claymore1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Claymore1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Claymore1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Claymore1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Claymore1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Claymore1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Claymore1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Djcdm21 View Post
    When are you making some new videos?
    We'll start shooting some videos in the next few days for sure !!! We took a little break, but starting Jan. 1st it's on and crackin again !!!!!

InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Spoto in a bench shirt....Are they going to make a custom bar to acomodate they weight your going to put up?
    My Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149612633

Crew Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157295413&p=1141543273#post1141543273

Da Utubez: http://www.youtube.com/user/Inspeckdadeck

ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000) ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000) ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000) ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000) ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000) ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000) ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000) ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000) ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000) ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000) ink81 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Claymore1 View Post
    We'll start shooting some videos in the next few days for sure !!! We took a little break, but starting Jan. 1st it's on and crackin again !!!!!
    Can't Wait. Been deprived over the last month without any Spoto vids!
    227.5kg(502lb) Bench - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSng_nGiKw4

2015 Goals - 750kg/1650lb Total...done......new goal 800kg/1763lb

Lifting Vids - http://www.youtube.com/user/dillguth/

BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What are your Squat and Deadlift PRs? - wouldnt mind seeing some videos of those too!!
    RAW ELITE OR DIE

1603 @ 242, raw (4-16-16)

"You can be 175 pounds SHREDDED, but with a T shirt on you just look like a skinny *******" - Mark Ripptoe

1500 raw will be wrecked baxtej44's Avatar
    baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Any suggestions for off the floor strength on sumo deads? I was going to be trying out deficit and speed deads, just didn't know if i could try anything else.

tried them for the first time (ish... i had done them before, but never gone above 350) and got up to 455 for a single after about 6 or 7 singles before that. still going to be working on my form, but it feels really promising to me and i'm loving the fact that i got it. i get it up fine, no body shaking, it's just a little slow. i realize that max efforts may be a little slow, but i always wanna get better at it. my squat is up there with my sumo dead, so there shouldn't be a big inbalance such as quads, etc...

anyway, now i'm rambling... thanks for doing this thread!

muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000)
    Do you bench once or twice a week? If twice what do you do on each day?
    Best lifts
    615sq/450bp/500dl Multi ply
    550sq/400bp/510dl Single ply
    425sq/305bp/485dl Raw

ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What does it feel like to have 700+ lbs in your hands?
    Eternal Gym Rat, Student Physical Therapist. None of my post content should be taken as medical advice. Ask your doctor/PT.

Best Gym Lifts: 585/390/675 440 FS 265 OHP @203 No longer competing

I lift weights for fun

PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How do you incorporate dips in your training? (moment, volume, intensity, etc)
    Best total: 1715 (600-415-700) raw with wraps.
    A method behind madness....

WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ERIC WHERE ARE THESE VIDEOS????!!!

Your videos are crack, I'm addicted. Please post more. Even watching you warm up is jaw dropping.
    You lifting>pron
    Bench 402 (ace)/ 385 (440 in slingshot)
    Squat 600 (predators + frantz canvas) / 441lbs
    Dead lift 551 (super centurion+ predators) /578lbs
    Power Clean 100kg x 8
    Vertical 29in

ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Great one (again, no nuthug)

What kind of programming/progression has worked best for you? Periodisation/Westside/crazy advanced Russian stuff? Cubing?

What are your thoughts on the importance of volume? Relating to Mike T's article here. Do you complete a godawful amount of training volume at your level?

When are you planning on competing next?

Thanks again.

chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Not sure if these questions have been answered before so I am going to ask them.

1.) Do you Deadlift and Squat? If so, what are your numbers?
    2.) What is your opinion on Wendlers 5/3/1
    3.) What do you think of Goldie Locks Dan Green
    Mobilize,Strengthen,Breakdown,Repeat

Originally Posted by TheStreetKing View Post
    Eric when you break Mendelsons Record i think its only fitting that you break Kennellys Record as well. Good luck!
    Thanks for the vote of confidence, but benching close to 1100 pounds is just insane. That must require absolute mutant strength plus flawless technique and the perfectly fitted shirt. I got out of grove with 716 and it was crazy I cant even imagine getting out of grove with 1100.

Originally Posted by BigLarge View Post
    What are your Squat and Deadlift PRs? - wouldnt mind seeing some videos of those too!!
    I haven't hit a big Squat or Dead lift in several years. I was able to train at 60-70% a year or so back but now I haven't been able to train either movement for almost year. When I get a MRI on my lower back I will find out what my situation is.

Originally Posted by baxtej44 View Post
    Any suggestions for off the floor strength on sumo deads? I was going to be trying out deficit and speed deads, just didn't know if i could try anything else.
    tried them for the first time (ish... i had done them before, but never gone above 350) and got up to 455 for a single after about 6 or 7 singles before that. still going to be working on my form, but it feels really promising to me and i'm loving the fact that i got it. i get it up fine, no body shaking, it's just a little slow. i realize that max efforts may be a little slow, but i always wanna get better at it. my squat is up there with my sumo dead, so there shouldn't be a big in balance such as quads, etc...
    anyway, now i'm rambling... thanks for doing this thread!
    I gotta admit, I have maybe done sumo deadlifts 5x in my life. I am a conventional style dead lifter, but being weak out of the bottom of any pull should be pretty similar. I think your deficit idea is your best bet its what always worked for me. I usually use 25lbs plates for the deficit. Speed deads should help too, both the techniques you named are exactly what I used in the past with good results.

Originally Posted by muscle_g View Post
    Do you bench once or twice a week? If twice what do you do on each day?
    I do ME bench on Monday and Speed or rep work on Thursday. On Thursday I do a heavy shoulder press before I do my bench work.

Originally Posted by ChecksandGiggles View Post
    What does it feel like to have 700+ lbs in your hands?
    It feels pretty heavy. The tip for making a max or near max weight feel more comfortable is to get used to holding heavy weights. That can be accomplished by rack lockouts with 10-15% over your 1rm or you can get under a rack and have two spotters lift it up and hold a weight that is 20+% over your max. Try to hold that weight at lock out for at least 5 seconds and after a while your max wont feel as heavy.

Originally Posted by PanzeR- View Post
    How do you incorporate dips in your training? (moment, volume, intensity, etc)
    Dips are one of those exercise people either love or hate. Some people mechanics and body's levers aren't built to dip and cause shoulder pain. On Monday if I dip I will use a weight belt and put on 135-225 pounds and rep 8-15 reps I dont do singles or triples with dips. I pyramid up just like every other exercise I do. I prefer wide grip dips and I like to lean forward. Now Thursday when I do dips I focus on going deeper more of a stretch and I use no added weight just try to flush the muscles and get as deep as stretch as possible.

Great one (again, no nuthug)

What kind of programming/progression has worked best for you? Periodisation/Westside/crazy advanced Russian stuff? Cubing?

What are your thoughts on the importance of volume? Relating to Mike T's article here. Do you complete a godawful amount of training volume at your level?

When are you planning on competing next?

I have never followed any program, I just kinda take bits in piecs of things I have read throught the years and then it combined it with trial and error. I haven't had the chance to read Brandon Lillys cube method yet but a friend who read it says its pretty similar to how I train. The basis of any good training program is going to involve heavy compound movements mix in with some accessory work.

I love volume I truly believe the progressive volume is one of the single most important factors in getting stronger. You want to slowly build up your workout volume during the course of your training cycle so as your body is adapting to the current work load you are continuously increasing it. I mean if you talk to any top Olympic weight lifting coach and here the volume they put there lifters under it would put are training to shame.

As of right now I am planning on competing in March

Thanks again.
    Originally Posted by chrisimundo View Post
    Not sure if these questions have been answered before so I am going to ask them.

1.) Do you Deadlift and Squat? If so, what are your numbers?
    2.) What is your opinion on Wendlers 5/3/1
    3.) What do you think of Goldie Locks Dan Green

1. Haven't been able to Dead lift or Squat for a while, I honestly have no idea what I could do. I cant risk it till I get this lower back fixed last time I squatted I couldn't bench right for a couple weeks.

2. I have never ran 5/3/1 I have heard good stuff about it. I am sure you cant go wrong giving it a try seeing how you respond.

3. Dan Green is a absolute savage I have met him a few times real nice guy and absolute monster. Creed told me a story he was dead lifting with him and he ripped his hammy. So he figured well I guess he is done for the day. Nope Dan comes back and smokes the weight he just missed with a torn hamstring. Dan is going to be dominating the 220 and 242 for a long time.