wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Growing frustrated with lack of expected results

Since starting keto on October 1st, I've lost 12 lbs.

That's not a lot. Not compared to what others have achieved. I consider 10 lbs/month the goal, but I've only achieved about 4 lbs a month... I lost 6 lbs the first week, then stalled for 3. Then lost another 6 lbs. I'm on 4 weeks now of not seeing a single pound go away.

5'11", 230 lbs. Started at 241. I just started counting calories last Monday (though I sincerely doubt I've gone over maintenance since starting, keto controls my appetite wonderfully) and I usually hit anywhere from 1500-1800. I've also just started measuring my waist (naval) so I can see if that goes down. And yes, I have noticed a definite decrease in BF since Oct 1st.

Not lifting atm, but may incorporate later.

Edit: Looking over what I've been doing for the past 2 months, it seems a little more clear. Of course, not lifting+not counting=not ideal results (if any results)... I'm sick of using my job as an excuse and will try to make it to the gym and start a routine soon as well as continue counting cals.
    Last edited by wings_unhinged; 12-02-2012 at 03:36 PM.

sleep- work- lift- bacon resilience5241's Avatar
    resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by wings_unhinged View Post
    Edit: Looking over what I've been doing for the past 2 months, it seems a little more clear. Of course, not lifting+not counting=not ideal results (if any results)... I'm sick of using my job as an excuse and will try to make it to the gym and start a routine soon as well as continue counting cals.
    Pretty much everything I was about to say. What did you use to calculate your maintenance cals?

Also, don't worry so much about the scale. If you're noticeably losing bf by checking with measuring tape, who cares how many lbs you lose a month? I'd much rather look good in the mirror than on the scale. Just my two cents.
    If it is important to you, you will find a way.
    If it's not, you will find an excuse.

STRONGMAN TRAINING/KETO LOG:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158537933

IG: willflex4cookies

KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by wings_unhinged View Post
    Since starting keto on October 1st, I've lost 12 lbs.

That's not a lot. Not compared to what others have achieved. I consider 10 lbs/month the goal, but I've only achieved about 4 lbs a month... I lost 6 lbs the first week, then stalled for 3. Then lost another 6 lbs. I'm on 4 weeks now of not seeing a single pound go away.

5'11", 230 lbs. Started at 241. I just started counting calories last Monday (though I sincerely doubt I've gone over maintenance since starting, keto controls my appetite wonderfully) and I usually hit anywhere from 1500-1800. I've also just started measuring my waist (naval) so I can see if that goes down. And yes, I have noticed a definite decrease in BF since Oct 1st.

Not lifting atm, but may incorporate later.

Your progress is reasonable, for the amount of time. There are many reasons that fat loss doesn't show on the scale, (dieter's edema, etc.) so you really don't know how much fat you've lost so far. Between one to two pounds per week is good, (average over time) it allows your body to adjust slowly, tighten skin, etc. Myself, it was always a matter of a drop and then a temporary plateau.
    I'll take arrogance and the inevitable hubris over self-doubt and lack of confidence, anyday.......

wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by resilience5241 View Post
    Pretty much everything I was about to say. What did you use to calculate your maintenance cals?
    http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

Just a basic calculator. Counting cals with Livestrong.com

Maintenance 2457
    Fat Loss 1966
    Extreme Fat Loss 1840

Thx for your input. Need to buckle down if I want to go into 2013 strong.