Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Deathdealer28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just checked for u. The value in the uk is mmol/l whatever that means lol aww rite I sorta understand that. So your saying there is still build ups of glycogen in my muscles that means I'm able to work with no real difference? And that shouldn't b happening when I'm in keto from your experience? I'm now confused lol everything is pointing that I am but your saying I'm not? I am going to do a full depletion work out tomorrow before my carb up so ill b able to say tomorrow better how I feel. I take if I'm shattered then its working and if not then no? One thing I will add though I have been resting longer in between sets. Used to be 45 seconds. Now it's 1 minute and a half and a full 2/3 minute break before moving to a new exercise

Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Deathdealer28 View Post
    Just checked for u. The value in the uk is mmol/l whatever that means lol aww rite I sorta understand that. So your saying there is still build ups of glycogen in my muscles that means I'm able to work with no real difference? And that shouldn't b happening when I'm in keto from your experience? I'm now confused lol everything is pointing that I am but your saying I'm not? I am going to do a full depletion work out tomorrow before my carb up so ill b able to say tomorrow better how I feel. I take if I'm shattered then its working and if not then no? One thing I will add though I have been resting longer in between sets. Used to be 45 seconds. Now it's 1 minute and a half and a full 2/3 minute break before moving to a new exercise
    Okay, just did the conversion. 3.2 mmol/l = 57 mg/dl. I would try to calibrate your machine, as that is pretty hypoglycemic. If it is still correct, eat something.

Muscles contain glycogen normally. They pull glucose from circulating blood stream and store it to be used later. During high intensity exercise, glycogen gets used. Normally the muscle will pull glucose from the bloodstream and make more glycogen. Because you are in ketosis, there is not a lot of extra glucose floating around in your blood. So your muscles have lower concentrations of glycogen.

Because of the lower concentrations of glycogen, your workouts may suffer. Mostly, the body cannot use fat to power your muscles to lift weights.

IF you do a depletion workout AND do a carb up correctly, the body will do something called "glycogen supercompensation" where the body stores more glycogen than normal in the muscles.

You have stated that your workouts are feeling pretty good now. If your glycogen concentrations were low, this would not be the case. Likely, your body has adapted to fat metabolism AND your liver is releasing sugar into the bloodstream to compensate for not having it in your diet.

Your liver will run out of sugar soon, and your workouts will start to get poorer as your glycogen levels are getting lower - THEN is the time to carb up.
    www.squidoo.com/keto-diet

Was 300+ lbs.
    Logs
    90 day XAT-7 and Cardio Igniter forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146779723
    TEST-PEAK http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149177173
    2013 BB.com challenge log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150876933

Sugar Alcohols...Explained http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151110953

Metabolic advantage of keto diet: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153834101

Deathdealer28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Update for this. Carb up completed over the 1.5 days and I have to say I can see y people stay clear of them. Atomic sh*ts, sleepiness, groggyness, bloated and just a general feeling of crap. Started back on keto today and I feel really terrible. Lesson learned though. I'm not one of the lucky ones that can eat what he likes on a carb up so the next time I'm going to have to carefully measure it out and do it properly with a mixture of high and low gi carbs being taken. Plus I have developed an old injury of tennis elbow so ill have to take it easy in the gym so won't even be able to judge if the carb up has affected me really. Suppose with everything this diet is a learning curve and as stated I need to be able to see what works and doesn't for me. All trial an error. Ill keep u all updated. I don't even want to go near the scales or calipers at the mo