peprika129 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peprika129 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peprika129 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peprika129 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Best fighting style with Knee tendonitis

Hey guys i was wondering what you guys suggest for a fighting style for someone who has chronic knee tendonitis, basically can only bend knees to 90 degrees without too much pain, i am thinking boxing or muai thai thanks for the advice!

China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Gun fighting

grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by peprika129 View Post
    Hey guys i was wondering what you guys suggest for a fighting style for someone who has chronic knee tendonitis, basically can only bend knees to 90 degrees without too much pain, i am thinking boxing or muai thai thanks for the advice!
    The real question here is treating the tendonitis. What are you doing for it?

peprika129 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peprika129 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peprika129 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peprika129 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by grace_ou View Post
    The real question here is treating the tendonitis. What are you doing for it?
    theres nothing i can do ive had it for over 5 years, seen many physios and doctors it goes away if i stretch, ice , strength for like 4-6 months with no basketball comes back with 2 weeks of playing basketball...

grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    theres nothing i can do ive had it for over 5 years, seen many physios and doctors it goes away if i stretch, ice , strength for like 4-6 months with no basketball comes back with 2 weeks of playing basketball...
    Have you tried the cortisone shots? or surgery?

Obviously the best fighting style is going to be the one the least amount of kicking, but regardless of that it's going to be an issue that you'll need to treat properly. That means a good prehab/rehab combo and medical treatment if that's what you need.

Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000)
    How is it with impact? if impact bothers it you will not want to do muay thai considering the high use of knees. Also you would be surprised how much of boxing is about the legs and footwork. That goes for any fighting style actually.

I found that with my elbow tendonitis I just had to reduce the stimulus causing it. In this case it was climbing. So I would suggest you stop playing basketball until your pain free, and then go another 6 to 9 months without pain until you attempt playing again. Also consult an orthopedist on this since I am not a doctor.

thanks guys and yea ive done some research on the surgery most people are out of commision for a while and once they return the tenonitis returns... ive learned to live with the pain because well how much basketball do i have left in my life lol i want to enjoy it while i can...

hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks guys and yea ive done some research on the surgery most people are out of commision for a while and once they return the tenonitis returns... ive learned to live with the pain because well how much basketball do i have left in my life lol i want to enjoy it while i can...
    Try doing negatives for quads (perform concentric contraction with both legs and eccentric with the bad leg). Use moderately low weight. work on strengthening your hip muscles especially hip abductors and external rotators. be consistent with stretching. If all that doesnt help in 6wks consider PRP injections. The research behind them isn't very strong but it likely wont hurt. hope this helps
    ===================================
    Dr. Halid Shokunbi, DPT | Online Fitness Coach | Fitness Transformation Blogger
    ==> www.DrHalidFit.com

www.********.com/DrHalidS | instagram.com/DrHalidFit | youtube.com/DrHalidFit

#TeamDHFit