Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000) Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000) Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000) Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000) Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000) Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000) Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000) Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000) Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000) Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000) Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Ajthemeso View Post
    like i told pharmamarketer these guys changed my mind and gave me hope.
    lol notsureifsrs on 'gave me hope.' everyone has different tastes. the only near constant rule is low bodyfat is more appealing to everyone. no matter how much muscle you have, a leaner you is a more attractive you.

now stop making life more complicated than it has to be and go hit on some ladies

Larfleeze is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Larfleeze is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Larfleeze is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Larfleeze is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Larfleeze is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Larfleeze is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Larfleeze is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Larfleeze is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Larfleeze is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Larfleeze is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Larfleeze is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Rod looks pretty jacked too..can just imagine the two of them in a bar or club together getting hit on by ****loads of women haha..

Team Schwarzenegger Tony_Ulibarri's Avatar
    Tony_Ulibarri is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tony_Ulibarri is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tony_Ulibarri is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tony_Ulibarri is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tony_Ulibarri is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tony_Ulibarri is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tony_Ulibarri is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tony_Ulibarri is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tony_Ulibarri is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tony_Ulibarri is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tony_Ulibarri is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Bob Paris is or was the modern day Steve Reeves. Right now he could look better than what we see in the photos.
    "Optimum Nutrition fan and endorser."

If Arnold Schwarzenegger is the heart of bodybuilding, Joe Weider is the soul. If Arnold Schwarzenegger is the king of bodybuilding, Joe Weider is the God.

Been into bodybuilding since 1991, non-stop and constant.

I looked 10 years younger for my age the day I turned 33. The pattern remains the same every year. But I want to look 80 like Sean Connery.

I practice science, art, sport and philosophy, therefore, I'm a bodybuilder.

hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000)
    If Bob had stuck around for the next evolution of supplements i bet we would have seen a great 90's version at 240 or so...
    It is universally well known, that in digesting our common food, there is created or produced in the bowels of human creatures, a great quantity of wind. That the permitting this air to escape and mix with the atmosphere, is usually offensive to the company, from the fetid smell that accompanies it. That all well-bred people therefore, to avoid giving such offence, forcibly restrain the efforts of nature to discharge that wind.
    Ben Franklin Essay about "Trouser Coughs" 1781-

usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DPNZ View Post
    My favourite physique of all time. No joke.

I even did a couple of sketches of him last year as a test for a new tablet.
    mirin tablet skillz

jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000) jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000) jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000) jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000) jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000) jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000) jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000) jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000) jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000) jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000) jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000)
    There is an Australian bodybuilder that looks allot like Bob Paris

His name is Steve Jones, and is the founder of Natural Bodz magazine.
    -80 kgs in 15 months.

Follow my journey on
    http://www.********.com/half175

✪ Fandango Crew ✪

sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by hfce354 View Post
    If Bob had stuck around for the next evolution of supplements i bet we would have seen a great 90's version at 240 or so...
    He didn't want to push that far. One of his books were called Gorilla Suit.

alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by nsxmatt View Post
    You're a 195lb male. I doubt you're an expert on the subject.
    Needless flaming. Learn some respect & please keep that mess out of here.

On topic, here's Bob's latest take on bodybuilding, from his blog:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So, What Happened?

I've recently received several emails asking the same essential question, "What happened to bodybuilding?"

Many of these messages refer to the sport itself, with the common upshot being: "What the hell happened to the sport we used to love; why has it grown so thoroughly corrupt and unrecognizable over the past twenty-five or so years?"

The other version of this question is directed toward me, as in: "Since you were once a champion, why doesn't your life still revolve around the sport?"

First, I'd like to focus on the personal aspects of this.

The shorthand answer is that, when I was still involved in bodybuilding, back before I retired more than twenty years ago, I wasn't ever really what one might call a "lifestyle bodybuilder." In other words, bodybuilding was simply a sport at which I excelled. It wasn't my core identity. In fact, I often found myself (as I wrote in GORILLA SUIT) desperately wishing I could leave the by-product of my hard training (i.e. that massive and generally uncomfortable physique) in the gym, as a baseball player leaves behind his bat, a track athlete her cleats.

Look, I've written this so many times before it's become something of a personal cliché: Back when I was 19 and wholly adrift, bodybuilding saved my life. But not because of the muscles. Rather, bodybuilding saved me because of the discipline, direction and focus it engendered. It provided both a physical and metaphorical path forward.

I've also often written of having combined my athletic and artistic sides as I pursued bodybuilding, but there was a third part to this intertwined structure: A strong, over-riding philosophy, a chunk of which went something like this: Do the work, do it well, and get on with it. So that's what I'd do: Invest my time in the gym with absolute focus and intensity and then let it go, heading off to pursue my real life; one composed of a dozen other wide-ranging interests from theatre to books to backpacking.

It’s this diversity of interests that eventually led me away from a strict focus on hard-core weight training as a central part of my life. Don’t misread that, though. I'm the fittest and healthiest I've ever been; and certainly the happiest and most authentic. I love my intense yoga practice, my cycling, my hikes and trail runs - and yes, my regular, moderate resistance training.

In an ironic way, I have the time spent in bodybuilding to thank for leading me toward this eclectic yet focused path, where exercise is merely one part of a fulfilling life.

One of the initial reasons I was first drawn to bodybuilding was the notion that this was what many of us back then were after: Yes, our efforts in the gym would sculpt the best possible physique. But more than that: We were striving to build a life. A real, well-rounded, amazing life. That was the bodybuilding of Arnold, of Zane, of Reeves.

That was my bodybuilding.

It is exactly this concept that completely evaporated from elite-level bodybuilding twenty-odd years ago, leading me (and many others like me) out of the sport along an inverse, carnival-side-show mirror of the road on which we had entered.

However, I don’t want this post to sound even slightly bitter. I am profoundly grateful for my path—successes, regrets and all. And in this spirit, I find myself obliged to share (once again) the core concepts I learned from my years in bodybuilding; the underlying fundamentals I have taken with me into both my work and personal life:

- The patient application of craft;
    - The beauty of deep inside/out, outside/in personal transformation;
    - The active search for authenticity;
    - The development of a balanced approach toward life and work;
    - A real feeling of focus and dedication;
    - The profound blending of the athletic with the artistic (and the philosophical).
    - And, if I had to add one more fundamental into this mix it would have to be:
    - A willingness to look unmitigated corruption right in the face and speak the unvarnished truth, damn the tor****es.

So then, to the more general question posed at the top of this piece:

Well, I suppose I’ll have to leave that one with the fans of bodybuilding (including the writers and publishers covering it), all of whom I hope will, one day very soon, find the courage to stand up en-mass, turn directly toward those who have run the IFBB Pro Division for the past twenty-five years and finally demand a clear, honest and propaganda-free answer: “What happened to bodybuilding?”

In the meantime, I truly wish you and yours peace, health and happiness,

Bob

u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    he looks a lot younger than many current IFBB competitors
    props to him for knowing when it was time to move onto better things
    "Like those in the valley behind us, most people stand in sight of the spiritual mountains all their lives and never enter them, being content to listen to others who have been there and thus avoid the hardships."

alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by u5711 View Post
    he looks a lot younger than many current IFBB competitors
    props to him for knowing when it was time to move onto better things
    Yeah, Bob looks great at 52. Reminds me of how Kevin Levrone looks way younger than 47.

sandyifbb2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sandyifbb2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sandyifbb2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sandyifbb2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sandyifbb2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sandyifbb2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sandyifbb2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sandyifbb2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sandyifbb2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sandyifbb2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sandyifbb2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by orderoutofchaos View Post
    its too bad he doesnt want any woman in the world :/
    i agree to that, he was definitely a good looking hunk of an athlete, great look for this sport

golfpunk1985 is a complete loser! (-2000) golfpunk1985 is a complete loser! (-2000) golfpunk1985 is a complete loser! (-2000) golfpunk1985 is a complete loser! (-2000) golfpunk1985 is a complete loser! (-2000) golfpunk1985 is a complete loser! (-2000) golfpunk1985 is a complete loser! (-2000) golfpunk1985 is a complete loser! (-2000) golfpunk1985 is a complete loser! (-2000) golfpunk1985 is a complete loser! (-2000) golfpunk1985 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by orderoutofchaos View Post
    women love confidence. If bodybuilding brings you immense confidence then you will have a large array of types of women seeking you out, stareing at you and wanting to meet you and own you. If you cannot attain a bit of confidence from bodybuilding then you will not get laid or meet women period.

Do what you do as long as what you do is raising your confidence. There are very muscular ripped men who dominate the bar/club/party scene and there are muscular ripped men who shy away in the corner at the bar/club/party scene. There are engineers that dominate the club scene and there are engineers that shy away into the corner.

Attaining self worth charisma and confidence are the very objectives of young male adult life, regardless of how it's attained. Whether it's from holding a steady job as a janitor or becoming the youngest senator in history.
    That was a good post until the last paragraph, now I just think you're a *******. srs. How do you think you can speak on behalf of all men in the world, ie "this is the objective of young male adult life". Some people like to sit around getting stoned all day, drunk all day, etc. stupid *******. Not everyone shares the same objectives in life as you.

Registered User transformerchad's Avatar
    transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000)
    much respect for this man , follow your heart peepz

DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by golfpunk1985 View Post
    That was a good post until the last paragraph, now I just think you're a *******. srs. How do you think you can speak on behalf of all men in the world, ie "this is the objective of young male adult life". Some people like to sit around getting stoned all day, drunk all day, etc. stupid *******. Not everyone shares the same objectives in life as you.
    When you say "some people", do you mean you?
    Novice Athletic Tall winner and Overall Athletic winner
    at the 2014 NABBA Waikato Champs.

"Or it could prove that IIFYM is a complete waste of time if you are a serious competitor." - KCTonyG 2014
    From the mouths of bros.

Dantop has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dantop has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dantop has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dantop has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dantop has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dantop has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dantop has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dantop has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dantop has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dantop has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dantop has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Bob Paris is a great man in all departments, and of course one of the best physique ever.

golfpunk1985 is a complete loser! (-2000) golfpunk1985 is a complete loser! (-2000) golfpunk1985 is a complete loser! (-2000) golfpunk1985 is a complete loser! (-2000) golfpunk1985 is a complete loser! (-2000) golfpunk1985 is a complete loser! (-2000) golfpunk1985 is a complete loser! (-2000) golfpunk1985 is a complete loser! (-2000) golfpunk1985 is a complete loser! (-2000) golfpunk1985 is a complete loser! (-2000) golfpunk1985 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by Ajthemeso View Post
    plus women don't like guys that big even if he was one of the smallest competitors in the 80's.

Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by alan aragon View Post
    Needless flaming. Learn some respect & please keep that mess out of here.

On topic, here's Bob's latest take on bodybuilding, from his blog:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So, What Happened?

I've recently received several emails asking the same essential question, "What happened to bodybuilding?"

Many of these messages refer to the sport itself, with the common upshot being: "What the hell happened to the sport we used to love; why has it grown so thoroughly corrupt and unrecognizable over the past twenty-five or so years?"

The other version of this question is directed toward me, as in: "Since you were once a champion, why doesn't your life still revolve around the sport?"

First, I'd like to focus on the personal aspects of this.

The shorthand answer is that, when I was still involved in bodybuilding, back before I retired more than twenty years ago, I wasn't ever really what one might call a "lifestyle bodybuilder." In other words, bodybuilding was simply a sport at which I excelled. It wasn't my core identity. In fact, I often found myself (as I wrote in GORILLA SUIT) desperately wishing I could leave the by-product of my hard training (i.e. that massive and generally uncomfortable physique) in the gym, as a baseball player leaves behind his bat, a track athlete her cleats.

Look, I've written this so many times before it's become something of a personal cliché: Back when I was 19 and wholly adrift, bodybuilding saved my life. But not because of the muscles. Rather, bodybuilding saved me because of the discipline, direction and focus it engendered. It provided both a physical and metaphorical path forward.

I've also often written of having combined my athletic and artistic sides as I pursued bodybuilding, but there was a third part to this intertwined structure: A strong, over-riding philosophy, a chunk of which went something like this: Do the work, do it well, and get on with it. So that's what I'd do: Invest my time in the gym with absolute focus and intensity and then let it go, heading off to pursue my real life; one composed of a dozen other wide-ranging interests from theatre to books to backpacking.

It’s this diversity of interests that eventually led me away from a strict focus on hard-core weight training as a central part of my life. Don’t misread that, though. I'm the fittest and healthiest I've ever been; and certainly the happiest and most authentic. I love my intense yoga practice, my cycling, my hikes and trail runs - and yes, my regular, moderate resistance training.

In an ironic way, I have the time spent in bodybuilding to thank for leading me toward this eclectic yet focused path, where exercise is merely one part of a fulfilling life.

One of the initial reasons I was first drawn to bodybuilding was the notion that this was what many of us back then were after: Yes, our efforts in the gym would sculpt the best possible physique. But more than that: We were striving to build a life. A real, well-rounded, amazing life. That was the bodybuilding of Arnold, of Zane, of Reeves.

That was my bodybuilding.

It is exactly this concept that completely evaporated from elite-level bodybuilding twenty-odd years ago, leading me (and many others like me) out of the sport along an inverse, carnival-side-show mirror of the road on which we had entered.

However, I don’t want this post to sound even slightly bitter. I am profoundly grateful for my path—successes, regrets and all. And in this spirit, I find myself obliged to share (once again) the core concepts I learned from my years in bodybuilding; the underlying fundamentals I have taken with me into both my work and personal life:

- The patient application of craft;
    - The beauty of deep inside/out, outside/in personal transformation;
    - The active search for authenticity;
    - The development of a balanced approach toward life and work;
    - A real feeling of focus and dedication;
    - The profound blending of the athletic with the artistic (and the philosophical).
    - And, if I had to add one more fundamental into this mix it would have to be:
    - A willingness to look unmitigated corruption right in the face and speak the unvarnished truth, damn the tor****es.

So then, to the more general question posed at the top of this piece:

Well, I suppose I’ll have to leave that one with the fans of bodybuilding (including the writers and publishers covering it), all of whom I hope will, one day very soon, find the courage to stand up en-mass, turn directly toward those who have run the IFBB Pro Division for the past twenty-five years and finally demand a clear, honest and propaganda-free answer: “What happened to bodybuilding?”

In the meantime, I truly wish you and yours peace, health and happiness,

Bob
    thanks man! much appreciated!
    Kai Greene, Phil Heath, Cedric McMillan, Lionel Beyeke, Shawn Rhoden

"Looking up at goals once only found in my dreams can only make me think of those who looked down upon those dreams. The only time you should ever look down upon another person, is when you are extending a hand to lift them up." - kai greene

wolfpilp is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfpilp is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfpilp is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfpilp is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfpilp is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfpilp is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfpilp is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfpilp is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfpilp is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfpilp is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfpilp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    he was one of the first Openly gay famous athletes.You gotta give him credit for that also.
    "The art of living well and the art of dying well are one."
    —Επίκουρος (Epicurus )

)))))))))Wolfpilp enjoys interacting with brahs all over the world(((((((((

sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My favorite bodybuilder of all time.

And to all the people saying "his calves look the same", calves are 110% genetics, you may develop them A LITTLE, but you are either born with big calves or you don't.
    300 Forever

adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000)