RodS94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RodS94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RodS94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RodS94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RodS94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RodS94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RodS94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What Should I Do? Please help!

Hey, everyone!

I've been training my physical condition with bodyweight only for the past 2 months, which has brought me lots of results in endurance, which I'm happy with.

However, now I feel a bit skinny (in fact, I can actually feel some bones in my shoulders) so I decided to change my workout program for some time with the goal of BUILDING MUSCLE. I googled for some time and came across this program. Found it interesting, but please, give me your opinion on it: muscleandperformancemag.com/training/2010/7/the-three-month-mass-gain-plan

Despite searching for nutrition tips, I couldn't understand what would be better for me, so I humbly came to you to ask for help.

Considering I'm 18 years old, 165lbs (75kg), 6'1'' (185cm), have around 20% body fat and my goal is to have this kind of body:

hotmandiet.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/n329400827_36690_3459.jpg
    i1.cdnds.net/12/40/618x946/dscf5636.jpg
    media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcvj7oHWkV1qcu1rv.jpg

(Muscular, but not huge)

I ask you:

1. Is that workout program good enough for starting or do you recommend a different one?

2. What about my diet? Should I eat more calories than needed in order to build muscle?

3. I notice they have muscle size and some definition, but not much fat. What's the most efficient cardiovascular training I can do to lower my body fat % and how often should I do it?

4. What about protein shakes? Are they a good help for achieving my goal body?

Thank you for your help and time!

I'm sorry I couldn't post a direct link to the pictures and workout plan, but I don't have the needed amount of posts yet.

Again, thank you!

Cheers,

Rod
    Last edited by RodS94; 11-23-2012 at 04:53 PM.

RodS94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RodS94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RodS94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RodS94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RodS94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RodS94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RodS94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Little help?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Here is basic starter info.

Very briefly, you should be eating a small caloric surplus, adequate protein and busting ass in the gym (and not worrying about "overtraining")

For more detail:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post847953543

Answers:

1. Don't do routines from mags, do the one I linked
    2. Yes, 2-300 calories over maintenance is good
    3. Don't try to lose fat at the same time - this should be done a separate phase. Cardio is optional when losing fat.
    4. A lot of people use them because the required amount of protein is difficult to get from whole foods. You should be eating a minimum of 150g per day.

ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000)
    This^^

I wish I could rep Suffolk..
    my workout log -> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147657213
    my blog about weight lifting -> http://jsaarelainen.wordpress.com/
    "May the sun illuminate thy path!"

my currents : sq 319 - dl 419 - bp - 231 - ohp 143
    my goals 2014 : sq 341 - dl 440 - bp 242 - ohp 154

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Here is basic starter info.

Very briefly, you should be eating a small caloric surplus, adequate protein and busting ass in the gym (and not worrying about "overtraining")

For more detail:
    forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143125293&p=847953543&viewfull=1# post847953543

Answers:

1. Don't do routines from mags, do the one I linked
    2. Yes, 2-300 calories over maintenance is good
    3. Don't try to lose fat at the same time - this should be done a separate phase. Cardio is optional when losing fat.
    4. A lot of people use them because the required amount of protein is difficult to get from whole foods. You should be eating a minimum of 150g per day.
    I loved your reply, man. Simple, compact, essential information. I will definitely follow the workout plan you linked and eat a calorie surplus. Thank you so much for the help! Do you think I'm on the right track to building a Daniel Craig or Hugh Jackman like body?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    No problem. Everyone just needs to lose bodyfat and gain muscle in varying amounts. The type of workout required doesn't actually vary that much from one persons goals to another.

Here is a tongue in cheek article about chasing celebrity ideals

http://snipurl.com/25ot13c

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    No problem. Everyone just needs to lose bodyfat and gain muscle in varying amounts. The type of workout required doesn't actually vary that much from one persons goals to another.

Here is a tongue in cheek article about chasing celebrity ideals

snipurl.com/25ot13c
    Haha, great article! I have to disagree on some cases, though. Daniel Craig is way more than just traps and shoulders! His body is my ideal, it's that manly muscular big framed body women love and which I will proudly have. He's not HUGE, but he's big. Agree?