Gijsss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gijsss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gijsss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gijsss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gijsss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gijsss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gijsss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gijsss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gijsss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gijsss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gijsss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Is wide grip pullup harder then a close grip pullup?

Title. thanks

superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yup

Gijsss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gijsss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gijsss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gijsss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gijsss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gijsss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gijsss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gijsss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gijsss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gijsss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gijsss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by superstylr View Post
    Yup

Is it much harder? or isn't there many of a difference?

Ewys is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ewys is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ewys is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ewys is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ewys is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ewys is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ewys is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ewys is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ewys is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ewys is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ewys is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    close grip has more bicep contractions whilst wide grip is more isolated on the lats.

Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Gijsss View Post
    Is it much harder? or isn't there many of a difference?
    rofl

Why not just try it and see for yourself?

For me, it's definitely harder.

Originally Posted by Freshdou View Post
    rofl

Why not just try it and see for yourself?

For me, it's definitely harder.
    I will, just got that question cause i was struggling with filling up my back routine.

DuhGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) DuhGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) DuhGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) DuhGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) DuhGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) DuhGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) DuhGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) DuhGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) DuhGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) DuhGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) DuhGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yes OP, requires you to utilize your lats a crap ton more which alot of people don't put much work into anyways.

JAMES140haha has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAMES140haha has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAMES140haha has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAMES140haha has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAMES140haha has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAMES140haha has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAMES140haha has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAMES140haha has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAMES140haha has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAMES140haha has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAMES140haha has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You should add both close grip and wide into yoru routine!!!

Withclose grip you really have to focus on pulling with your back or your biceps will burn out VERY fast!!!

Samhinks1994 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

No no no no

If you read up on this one, a HUGE misinterpretation on which pull ups are the best has always been present in the modern day bodybuilding, although if you take LEGENDS such as Dorian Yates, 6x Mr Olympia of which some people say his back was one of his many best features, he will tell you in his whole professional career he never did one set of wide grip pull down or pull ups!!!

If you take your arms and complete the movement of each of the exercises and whilst doing this squeeze your lats, you will feel A HELL of a lot MORE contraction with the close grip movement. Imagine this with tons of weight on??

Further to this, regarding filling your back session up, do yo put Bent Over Rows in? This exercise is an absolute MUST!! it works your lower back, upper centre back and the whole lat!!

Also another mistake TOO MANY people make is when they perform deadlift, this should ALWAYS be done at the END of the session, if this is done at the beginning you WILL NOT be able to work the rest of your back sufficiently in order to BUILD!!

Hope this helps

JAMES140haha has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAMES140haha has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAMES140haha has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAMES140haha has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAMES140haha has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAMES140haha has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAMES140haha has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAMES140haha has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAMES140haha has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAMES140haha has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAMES140haha has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Samhinks1994 View Post
    If you read up on this one, a HUGE misinterpretation on which pull ups are the best has always been present in the modern day bodybuilding, although if you take LEGENDS such as Dorian Yates, 6x Mr Olympia of which some people say his back was one of his many best features, he will tell you in his whole professional career he never did one set of wide grip pull down or pull ups!!!

If you take your arms and complete the movement of each of the exercises and whilst doing this squeeze your lats, you will feel A HELL of a lot MORE contraction with the close grip movement. Imagine this with tons of weight on??

Further to this, regarding filling your back session up, do yo put Bent Over Rows in? This exercise is an absolute MUST!! it works your lower back, upper centre back and the whole lat!!

Also another mistake TOO MANY people make is when they perform deadlift, this should ALWAYS be done at the END of the session, if this is done at the beginning you WILL NOT be able to work the rest of your back sufficiently in order to BUILD!!

Hope this helps
    I feel it more with close grip IF DONE RIGHT!!!
    BUT
    Wide grip DEF has its place as well.
    Just because yates says something doesnt mean anything, Dont get me wrong the man knows what hes talking about but without wide grip pullups I wouldn't have half the back I do today....And thats my stand out bodypart.

Originally Posted by JAMES140haha View Post
    I feel it more with close grip IF DONE RIGHT!!!
    BUT
    Wide grip DEF has its place as well.
    Just because yates says something doesnt mean anything, Dont get me wrong the man knows what hes talking about but without wide grip pullups I wouldn't have half the back I do today....And thats my stand out bodypart.
    Yup! i definitely agree!

Wide grip does have its place although, as you said my best feature is my back! I NEVER do wide grip.... i know sooo many people I've told about yates and they have tried it out, stopping wide and concentrating narrow, they said they've never had so much lat development and so much strength growth.

But again as you say, wide grip has its place but in my opinion its last, as a superset something like that

Originally Posted by Samhinks1994 View Post
    Yup! i definitely agree!

Wide grip does have its place although, as you said my best feature is my back! I NEVER do wide grip.... i know sooo many people I've told about yates and they have tried it out, stopping wide and concentrating narrow, they said they've never had so much lat development and so much strength growth.

But again as you say, wide grip has its place but in my opinion its last, as a superset something like that
    Im going to have to try CGpullups for all my sets then....I'll stiill hit it wide on the pulldowns but I'll give it a try.

I usually do 6 sets 3 close 3 wide.

Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Meh, I barely do wide grips and if I do it is for a burn out set at the end., normal grip and closegrip gives me the best contraction and most weight and my lats have blown up since. I think a lot of people really lose out by thinking that wide is the only way to build lats and end up stalling on the lift due the awkward leverages to pull decent loads (weighted pull ups).
    "Do not subordinate fundamental principles to minor details."

Physiotherapy instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/dayyan.physio/

Hallelujah!!!!