Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 1805
    Orhantwo is not very well liked. (-100) Orhantwo is not very well liked. (-100) Orhantwo is not very well liked. (-100) Orhantwo is not very well liked. (-100) Orhantwo is not very well liked. (-100) Orhantwo is not very well liked. (-100) Orhantwo is not very well liked. (-100) Orhantwo is not very well liked. (-100) Orhantwo is not very well liked. (-100) Orhantwo is not very well liked. (-100) Orhantwo is not very well liked. (-100)

Progress

How do i progress on this ? like add weight every workout or every week ??

Mackiavelli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys, I am doing hammer grip pull-ups instead of pull downs. Should I do 3 sets of close grip barbell curls and 3 sets of wide/regular grip barbell curls instead? Or 3 sets of spider curls and incline curls? Or do you recommend keeping the bicep work the same?

Albatror is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    thx for the routine ! Is there any exercice that i can do to replace the barbell curl ? concentration curl?

JohnFR is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnFR is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnFR is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnFR is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnFR is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnFR is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnFR is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnFR is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnFR is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnFR is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnFR is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Albatror View Post
    thx for the routine ! Is there any exercice that i can do to replace the barbell curl ? concentration curl?
    Is there a reason you want to replace it, say an injury or do you now own a barbell? If the latter, you could do seated dumbbell curls perhaps.

I've given myself forearm splints (I think) from progressing my barbell curl past what my forearms are capable of, so I'm doing chin-ups instead of barbell/dumbbell curls until they heal.

JohnFR is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnFR is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnFR is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnFR is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnFR is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnFR is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnFR is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnFR is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnFR is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnFR is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnFR is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Orhantwo View Post
    How do i progress on this ? like add weight every workout or every week ??
    When you can do an exercise twice in a row (on separate days) at the same weight, then you add weight next time e.g. on Push day you do 100kg bench press for all reps/sets on Monday, and the same again on Thursday, then the following Monday you increase to 102.5kg.

Registered User solasguitarra12's Avatar
    solasguitarra12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can/should I increase the reps for chest exercises since I am aiming weight gain not strength at the first place ?

Thank you.

Bodybuilding Success Coolcicada's Avatar
    Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by solasguitarra12 View Post
    Can/should I increase the reps for chest exercises since I am aiming weight gain not strength at the first place ?

Thank you.
    Please read the first post in full. I feel this is an intermediate routine and not for someone that is starting. You can start with Lyle McDonald’s Generic Bulking Routine and then move onto this routine later. There is a link in the first post.
    Misc Cologne Crew

angelomolina24 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What percentage of my 1 rep max should i be doing in each exercise?

Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Coolcicada, thanks for the routine, it looks fantastic.

However, due to time constraints and sheer stubborness, I am hell bent on doing this workout, except just three times a week. My workout days consist of Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday so I am unable to find a fullbody workout routine to compliment these days.

If I am doing this programme, do you reckon adding more volume etc? Or can I be pointed to a more suitable programme?

Thanks, your posts have been very helpful.

Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Zoop View Post
    Coolcicada, thanks for the routine, it looks fantastic.

However, due to time constraints and sheer stubborness, I am hell bent on doing this workout, except just three times a week. My workout days consist of Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday so I am unable to find a fullbody workout routine to compliment these days.

If I am doing this programme, do you reckon adding more volume etc? Or can I be pointed to a more suitable programme?

Thanks, your posts have been very helpful.
    Hi. Thanks for the kind comment. If you are set on going to the gym on those specific days, you might want to do a full body on Tuesday, and then upper on sat, lower on Sunday.

You can probably find a suitable full body that you like in the workouts section. For the Upper/ Lower, you can try Lyle’s Generic Bulking Routine.

Then when you have more time and experience, you can move into my routine. Hope that helps.
    Misc Cologne Crew

Big_Pumpa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_Pumpa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_Pumpa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_Pumpa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_Pumpa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_Pumpa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_Pumpa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_Pumpa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_Pumpa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_Pumpa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_Pumpa is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This thread is still going.

What a legend... top PPL split

Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoop will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Big_Pumpa View Post
    This thread is still going.

What a legend... top PPL split
    That's why I had no issue bumping it haha. I remember this thread specifically from 2012 when I used to lurk.

Lurker since 2009 crew checking in

unicorn1997 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Is it ok to follow Coolcicada's P/P/L while cutting down? Or PPL is best for during bulk season?

Nolan1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nolan1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nolan1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nolan1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nolan1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nolan1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nolan1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nolan1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nolan1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nolan1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nolan1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by unicorn1997 View Post
    Is it ok to follow Coolcicada's P/P/L while cutting down? Or PPL is best for during bulk season?
    Most people recommend you to do same plan while cutting as while bulking. The calories change but the workout doesn't have to

marinecore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marinecore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marinecore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marinecore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marinecore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marinecore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marinecore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marinecore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marinecore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marinecore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marinecore has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Comeback routine

Hi

I did this routine a few years ago and lost about 15kg of fat in 3 months, with limited cardio just 20 min cycle to gym and back, and 20 mins of skipping daily. Was probably at my best shape.

I've just started lifting again, university was a crazy time...

have been going for about 2 months, with the goal to get sub 10% bodyfat to lean bulk up. currently dropped from 18% to 16% but only lost around 2kg. (I've had a few bad weekends)

Have been doing a full body split 3x a week which I feel isn't enough for me personally, so i'm going to give this routine another go.

I've changed a few things to make it slightly harder which is simmilair to what i used a few years ago.

Stats are 85kg 6 foot.

I'll be following this:
    Push (Chest/Triceps/Shoulders):

Flat Barbell Bench Press: 5x5
    Seated (or Standing) Barbell Shoulder/Overhead Press: 3x10
    Incline dumbell Bench Press (heavy) : 3x5
    Dumbbell Side Lateral Raise: 3x10-12
    Rope Pushdowns (circuit machine): 3x10-12
    Overhead Dumbbell Extension / one arm dumbell row : 3x10-12
    Shrugs(circuit machine or dumbbells): 3x10-12
    Abbs
    20mins of boxing

Pull (Back/Biceps):

Deadlifts 3x10/5x5
    Barbell Rows: 3x10
    Lat Pulldowns with (Long Bar or V-bar) (circuit machine): 4x10
    Face-pulls: 3x-10-12
    Barbell Bicep Curls (Alternate between close and normal grip): 4x-10-12
    Choice of one other bicep exercise (typically Hammer Curls): 3x10-12
    Abbs
    20mins of boxing

Legs (Quad/Ham/Calves):

Barbell Squats: 5x5-6
    Leg Press : 4x10
    Leg Extensions (circuit machine): 3x10
    Hamstring Curls (circuit machine): 3x10
    Standing Calf Raises (circuit machine): 4x10
    Big Abb session
    20 mins of boxing
    20 lenghts swimming

Last time i got to about 8% bodyfat and 73kg but my abbs weren't prominent enough so i'm determined to thrash my core everyday. If i get to busy and can't make the gym 6 times i will do this for 3 days and any other day i can get in do a full body workout.

Any reccomendations, comments, tips welcome.

I've moved to Australia and everyone here is 10/10 ripped. So time to get back on board..

Thanks
    Only misc on incognito mode crew

theparadox1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    is it feasible to do some hiit for cardio in addition to this routine? what days would be best for this?

suntorytime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question about the second days of ppl

So was wondering how to get past plateaus and also wondering but I usually always feel weaker on the second work out for the same push pull leg days. Is there something that can help with this? Like I go in and kill it the first three days and then when I go in for the next three days I feel like utter **** or just feel like the **** i killed the first three days are just too heavy now. Help!! Lol

Originally Posted by suntorytime View Post
    So was wondering how to get past plateaus and also wondering but I usually always feel weaker on the second work out for the same push pull leg days. Is there something that can help with this? Like I go in and kill it the first three days and then when I go in for the next three days I feel like utter **** or just feel like the **** i killed the first three days are just too heavy now. Help!! Lol
    Have you tried PPLRPPLR? That's kinda what I do now, but I just turned 40!

xzythe is a complete loser! (-2000) xzythe is a complete loser! (-2000) xzythe is a complete loser! (-2000) xzythe is a complete loser! (-2000) xzythe is a complete loser! (-2000) xzythe is a complete loser! (-2000) xzythe is a complete loser! (-2000) xzythe is a complete loser! (-2000) xzythe is a complete loser! (-2000) xzythe is a complete loser! (-2000) xzythe is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Hey man, I've ran KS98's PPL which seems to have derived from your program awhile back..

I noticed you use 3x5 for most the compound exercises (more specifically flat & incline bench). Would 3x5 even be much help in terms of hypertrophy? My upper chest is really lacking and I was wondering if there could be some sort of adjustment for a high rep incline bb bench set..

Cheers

eyal256 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Looking solid, surely will give it a try.
    Anyway,you think doing same exercises in each training session is better than having push1 and push 2 days for example for more veraity of exercises for each mucle group but still keep the training volume not too high ?

Thanks in advance, really looking for your opinion.

RaduGVR is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi everyone,

Now i am on the Lyle Mcdonald UD 2.0 diet and after maintenance period that follows it, i want to try this PPL routine for gaining some quality mass (for me is really hard to stay lean on bulk period). For this i think a solution could be carbohydrate cycling, but i don't have any idea how to adapt this on P/P/L/rest/P/P/L routine. I would be grateful if you would give me some advice. Thanks!

Question about chest iso

Was wondering why there are no chest isolations. Will my chest get bigger by just hitting it 3*5?

Question about chest iso

Was wondering why there are no chest isolations. Will my chest get bigger by just hitting it 3*5?

StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What's the weight progression of this workout?

And why it is in the teen bodybuilding section?
    I got this

Originally Posted by StainlesSon View Post
    What's the weight progression of this workout?

And why it is in the teen bodybuilding section?
    It's hard to say the weight progression because it depends how long you have been training. If you are intermediate, try to stick continue +5lb a week on compounds, you can decide on the isolations, but weekly or biweekly increases.

I spent a lot of time in this section and this routine was my way of giving back to the community. At the time I posted the routine, I was in the last year of my teens. The routine is definitely not only for teenagers though.

Hope that helps.
    Misc Cologne Crew

StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Coolcicada View Post
    It's hard to say the weight progression because it depends how long you have been training. If you are intermediate, try to stick continue +5lb a week on compounds, you can decide on the isolations, but weekly or biweekly increases.

I spent a lot of time in this section and this routine was my way of giving back to the community. At the time I posted the routine, I was in the last year of my teens. The routine is definitely not only for teenagers though.

Hope that helps.
    Messed up in my rep message pressed enter by mistake, it does help, thank you very much, I've looked around for PPL routines and this looks great, I am excited to start it tomorrow!
    Last edited by StainlesSon; 06-03-2018 at 04:06 PM.
    I got this

pw007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Been doing this programme for the last couple of weeks and really enjoying it. I do have one question; can add a front delt exercise or replace side delt with one?

runuali will become famous soon enough. (+50) runuali will become famous soon enough. (+50) runuali will become famous soon enough. (+50) runuali will become famous soon enough. (+50) runuali will become famous soon enough. (+50) runuali will become famous soon enough. (+50) runuali will become famous soon enough. (+50) runuali will become famous soon enough. (+50) runuali will become famous soon enough. (+50) runuali will become famous soon enough. (+50) runuali will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Been doing this for a week now, really like it, I added rack pulls to back day. Kept the rest the same and adding around 2.5kgs per week on the compounds. It is also a nice and short workout so I am not in the gym all day !

Thanks !

Jorn1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I`ve been in the gym for 1,5 years almost. Skinny guy, but in the last year i`ve made some ok progress, but not totally satisfied with it due to bad eating habits.
    I`m 27 years old, and did not really worked out before or play any sports, so the last year has been a major improvement and this has become my hobby.

Today i`ve been guided to this by a dude. I currently train in the morning, due to work schedule in the afternoon.
    Not really having a breakfest in the morning, only some fruits / small sandwich and sometimes preworkout with creatine 30 mins before gym.
    Is this program ok to hit on an empty stomach? I had no problem with training early in the morning with other programs.

anothergymer1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anothergymer1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anothergymer1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anothergymer1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anothergymer1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anothergymer1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anothergymer1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anothergymer1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anothergymer1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anothergymer1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anothergymer1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Loving the routine so far, was just wondering is Seated Press on the Smith machine fine?

Also, can I add cable flys on the push days?( it's just one of my favourite exercises to Do!)

Thanks again for the great work!