flickx1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Supplements and Intermittent Fasting

Hello all, I'm a beginner to intermittent fasting, and wanted to give it a try to see if it works for myself. Anyways the supplements i take now are BCAA's, Whey Protein, Creatine Monohydrate, a preworkout drink (whatever one im taking at the time), a multivitamin (2x daily) that comes with glutamine in pill form, and omega fish oil pills.

Anyways i was curious if im going to fast (16-8) from 8:30 pm to 12:30 pm the next day then eat for those eight hours. Is it okay to take my morning vitamins and fish oil on an empty stomach? Also I know the fish oil pills im taking have 30 calories? I dont think thats enough to break the fast in the morning but thoughts? Would it be better to take both the multi and fish oil for the first time with lunch so Ill have it with food or is it okay in the morning?

also, BCAAs, i never actually train fasted since with work and school it's not convenient but should i just drink my bcaas right away in the morning? or just only on the days i workout while i work out? and i know bcaas are derived from protein so how many calories do BCAAS have and would drinking it with fish oil also kill the fast?

last but not least, does creatine monohydrate have calories? i dont believe so and the nutrition label doesnt list any calories but i would just like to make sure

The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by flickx1 View Post
    Hello all, I'm a beginner to intermittent fasting, and wanted to give it a try to see if it works for myself. Anyways the supplements i take now are BCAA's, Whey Protein, Creatine Monohydrate, a preworkout drink (whatever one im taking at the time), a multivitamin (2x daily) that comes with glutamine in pill form, and omega fish oil pills.

Anyways i was curious if im going to fast (16-8) from 8:30 pm to 12:30 pm the next day then eat for those eight hours. Is it okay to take my morning vitamins and fish oil on an empty stomach? Also I know the fish oil pills im taking have 30 calories? I dont think thats enough to break the fast in the morning but thoughts? Would it be better to take both the multi and fish oil for the first time with lunch so Ill have it with food or is it okay in the morning?

also, BCAAs, i never actually train fasted since with work and school it's not convenient but should i just drink my bcaas right away in the morning? or just only on the days i workout while i work out? and i know bcaas are derived from protein so how many calories do BCAAS have and would drinking it with fish oil also kill the fast?

last but not least, does creatine monohydrate have calories? i dont believe so and the nutrition label doesnt list any calories but i would just like to make sure
    I do IF and you should take your multi with food because it increases absorption. Fish oil you can take when you wake up. I usually drink my BCAAs a little before my fasted workout but you can drink them in the morning if you choose to do so.

Originally Posted by The_Metal View Post
    I do IF and you should take your multi with food because it increases absorption. Fish oil you can take when you wake up. I usually drink my BCAAs a little before my fasted workout but you can drink them in the morning if you choose to do so.
    Okay so I might as well just wait til lunch when i break my fast to take the multi then? and i can take bcaas and fish oil in the morning without worrying about breaking my fast? and should bcaas be taken every day or only on days you workout

The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Okay so I might as well just wait til lunch when i break my fast to take the multi then? and i can take bcaas and fish oil in the morning without worrying about breaking my fast? and should bcaas be taken every day or only on days you workout
    BCAAs won't break the fast and I use them 5 days a week or so.

do you know by any chance how many calories it actually takes to break the fast?

therudee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) therudee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) therudee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) therudee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) therudee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) therudee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) therudee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) therudee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) therudee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) therudee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) therudee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    do you know by any chance how many calories it actually takes to break the fast?
    It's not the number of calories that breaks a fast, it's the ingestion of calories itself that kicks you out of a fasting state. Even the chewing process alone can kick you out of a fasted state, as you secrete enzymes while chewing food. In a true fasted state this enzyme production is shut down as your body goes through several biochemical changes. Even chewing a piece of gum can bring different changes in the biochemistry of the body.

Registered User Bradleypfrancis's Avatar
    Bradleypfrancis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by The_Metal View Post
    BCAAs won't break the fast and I use them 5 days a week or so.
    Bcaas break the fast, don't touch them till you've got to your first meal

Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Honestly I ran IF and took all my stuff in the AM upon waking with black coffee. Worked fine for me.
    If you not feeling the burn your not pushing hard enough.
    "Don't talk about it, be about it" MK
    Change, Challenge, Compete

cutdogg03 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cutdogg03 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cutdogg03 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cutdogg03 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cutdogg03 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cutdogg03 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cutdogg03 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cutdogg03 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cutdogg03 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cutdogg03 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cutdogg03 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

I think taking your vitamins/fish oil on an empty stomach is fine. My situation is similar to yours: I do 16/8 fasting, eating from 1 pm to 9 pm, and I've been taking my vitamins/minerals in the morning on an empty stomach for a while with no side effects.

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Man, I hope OP isn't still trying to figure this out 5 years later. If so, the good bros of the supp forums have failed.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Retired account

TheFugitive, Manwittaplan, and ILPump are all the same guy...socktastic