mastkhare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mastkhare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mastkhare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mastkhare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mastkhare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mastkhare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mastkhare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

18% Body Fat, Am i on right path? Please critique my routine+diet

Hi All,

I've been on a diet and exercise (4 days a week weight training and 3 days cardio only) since 28th August, 2012. Up til now i have lost 12 Kgs in weight (starting weight was 84 Kgs) and lost about 2 inches around waist. My strength has increase significantly as well as i am monitoring my weights on my exercises through an app and they are increasing at a good rate every week. I am changing my workout routine every 2 weeks and doing a body split program (mostly following Lee Labrada's routines on his website). I have been weight training on and off for a couple of years so i am not a newbie to bodybuilding. Though bad eating habits have ruined my body but this time i am determined and want to get back in a lean muscular shape (that is my aim, not going for bulk).

I received some very useful feedback on my previous posts and i started monitoring my calory intake on daily basis by using myfitnesspal app. As per the formula linked by someone on my previous post, my daily calory requirement is 2400 and i have set a target of 1900 and following it strictly. I am also taking good care of protein intake with lean meat and also drink whey protein shake to overcome any deficit during weight training days.

I am attaching my pics from day i started and now. Also attaching picture of my latest bodyfat check on a machine. Is the improvement good enough or do i need to push more? How much more time will it take with current routine and diet to reach 10-12% bodyfat? Is my bodyfat calculation correct by the machine (you can make a guestimate by my pictures?).

Any criticism/feedback will be appreciated. Looking forward for some good pointers on diet or exercises. Just fyi, on weight training days i am doing a 12-10-8 rep cycle with as much heavy weight as possible with good form.

Thanks in advance
    Attached Images

SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Definitely see progress being made.

My only question would be why are you changing your program every two weeks?
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160275721&pagenumber=

libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I can see a change, but i doubt you're 18%, still look over 25 to me

edit: Your calculation thing says you are 25.3% or 18.2 kgs of fat.

So no you are not 18%, you are 25%.
    ** Forever Cutting Crew**

Squat: 375lbs
    Bench: 253lbs
    Deads: 485lbs

cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    wow, I would have pegged you higher than 18%. You're definitely making progress! Stick to your 1900 calorie goal. Keep in mind, as you get leaner, you may have to adjust this goal down to continue losing weight. Stay on your weightlifting routine, but I agree with the sentiment above. You don't need to change it every two weeks.
    *LF Chat Crew
    *Misc KneeDraggers Crew
    *Misc Photography Crew
    *Misc Running Crew
    *Spring Cutters Crew
    *Misc Beard Crew
    *Child-Bearing Hips Crew

mastkhare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mastkhare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mastkhare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mastkhare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mastkhare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mastkhare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mastkhare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Yeah i have made a lot of improvement weightwise but i am still not seeing that much of a difference in my body. Probably its mainly due to the high BF percentage. Maybe once i get closer to 15% mark then i will see the changes.

The reason i change my routines every 2 weeks is because i have read it on couple of forums and learnt from friends who have been working out for long that i need to surprise my body so need to change the routine regularly. What do you guys suggest? how long should i keep using a particular routine? Any specific exercises which should always be part of my routine?

cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mastkhare View Post
    The reason i change my routines every 2 weeks is because i have read it on couple of forums and learnt from friends who have been working out for long that i need to surprise my body so need to change the routine regularly. What do you guys suggest? how long should i keep using a particular routine? Any specific exercises which should always be part of my routine?
    it's not a bad idea to change up your routine, but I think what most are getting at when they say this is not doing the exact same exercises in the exact same order for 3 years.

as far as exercises go, definitely do dead lifts, squats, bench press, and military presses. there are a million exercises out there. add others as well, but those are the basics.
    *LF Chat Crew
    *Misc KneeDraggers Crew
    *Misc Photography Crew
    *Misc Running Crew
    *Spring Cutters Crew
    *Misc Beard Crew
    *Child-Bearing Hips Crew

Seachmall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Seachmall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Seachmall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Seachmall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Seachmall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Seachmall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Seachmall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Seachmall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Seachmall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Seachmall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Seachmall is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by mastkhare View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Yeah i have made a lot of improvement weightwise but i am still not seeing that much of a difference in my body. Probably its mainly due to the high BF percentage. Maybe once i get closer to 15% mark then i will see the changes.
    I started at 100kg and it wasn't until I hit 77kgs that I noticed a major difference in how I looked (even in comparing photos side by side).

Now every few kg I lose makes a bigger and bigger difference (although truth be told I still think I look the same when I look down at my stomach, it's only when looking in mirrors and photos I notice it). Wait till your BF gets lower before you start judging your progress in the mirror.

In saying that there's definitely progress in the pics you posted so congrats on that and stick with it!
    Last edited by Seachmall; 11-20-2012 at 08:03 AM.

Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by libtolu View Post
    I can see a change, but i doubt you're 18%, still look over 25 to me

edit: Your calculation thing says you are 25.3% or 18.2 kgs of fat.

So no you are not 18%, you are 25%.
    This. You are somewhere b/t 24-26% for sure. What really matters though is that there is progress. Keep up the great work! As far as programming goes, if you are looking for more base strength, you should focus on compound movements, and try something like starting strength. It will pay off.

AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Considering OP's height and weight, 25% is very conservative. Being someone who is 3 inches taller than the OP, I can say that you have a long way to go. An optimal weight for 5'4 has to be in the 130~ range.
    If you're patient, then it will work; if you're like me, then drop those calories a bit more.
    Last edited by AllApologies; 11-20-2012 at 09:35 AM.

Originally Posted by AllApologies View Post
    Considering OP's height and weight, 25% is very conservative. Being someone who is 3 inches taller than the OP, I can say that you have a long way to go. An optimal weight for 5'4 has to be in the 130~ range.
    If you're patient, then it will work; if you're like me, then drop those calories a bit more.
    To be honest, i am aiming for 140 lbs i.e. around 65 Kg considering that i also attain a BF level of 10%. I hope this weight will be good enough to have enough muscle mass while being lean. Kind of like actors from 300 look..but i know it will be a hard and long way and i am determined not to give up until i achieve it and maintain it once achieved.