Speizach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Layne Norton's PHAT, a little clarification, please?

I've been researching some ways to incorporate both strength and hypertrophy training and came across Dr Layne Norton's PHAT program. I understand everything about the splits and nonlinear training, but I don't understand is the difference between assistance and auxiliary exercises. If I wanted to build my routine apart from the one that is plastered all over the internet from his article about the program, I need to understand the difference in the two types of exercises. What does he mean by assistance and auxiliary? what are the purposes of each? how do I properly utilize each type of exercise in building my own PHAT routines?

Thanks for the help.
    Rocco - It all comes down to discipline and dedication .

sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you want to build your own program, why do you need to clarify his

I imagine they amount to the same thing. Isolation movements moving through a single joint
    Intensity, Recovery, Nutrition, Sleep- the only things that matter.

Originally Posted by sportyaccordy View Post
    If you want to build your own program, why do you need to clarify his

I imagine they amount to the same thing. Isolation movements moving through a single joint
    I will follow the basic structure, but i might want to change some exercises with ones i'm weak with, so i can improve more. so if i understand the meaning of the two terms better, i can add in exercises that will better "assist" the power exercise, and whatever auxiliary means. I think it's just supplemental exercises to add volume

Siddon41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siddon41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siddon41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siddon41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siddon41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siddon41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siddon41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siddon41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siddon41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siddon41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siddon41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I recommend if you do this program to start eating more than you already do. Hitting each body part hard twice a week took a **** ton out of me and took a full two weeks to really get into it without wanting to die afterwards. I stopped doing it because I did not care about power lifting, yes strength is important, but I'll gradually get stronger from hypertrophy. I'm more worried about what I look like than how much I can lift.

"I will never be a weight-lifter" -Kai Greene
    Enjoy the journey. Embrace the process.

Originally Posted by Siddon41 View Post
    I recommend if you do this program to start eating more than you already do. Hitting each body part hard twice a week took a **** ton out of me and took a full two weeks to really get into it without wanting to die afterwards. I stopped doing it because I did not care about power lifting, yes strength is important, but I'll gradually get stronger from hypertrophy. I'm more worried about what I look like than how much I can lift.

"I will never be a weight-lifter" -Kai Greene
    I understand that, and honestly I am in that same boat. But my chest and leg development are seriously lagging. I hit my chest hard. I've done twice a week training on it, i've done heavy, i've done hypertrophy training, i've done high volume, low volume...nothing is working here. Maybe this will...Like Dr Norton says in his article "I've never met someone with poor leg development that does 500 lbs for reps." I'm sure if I can get my squat and bench up, my body will have no other option than to grow.