AussieAmes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Checking my Macros

Hey Guys,

just a quick question, I am 172cm tall, female and weigh around 66 kilos and I just wanted to check that my nutrition is spot on...

I am doing a mix of weight training, plyometrics, cardio etc and work out 6 days a week for roughly an 1 hour to 1.5 hours.

My macros at the moment are 1800 cal a day and I have a 40% 40% 20% split being 40 protein 40 carbs and 20 fat - I have tried running at a lower carb percentage but my body doesn't seem to like it, I end up pigging out on unhealthy stuff by the end of the week. This way I have more energy to get through my workouts too...

Is this ratio ok when trying to loose some fat and gain some muscle?

Any help would be great!

Location: London, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Hayley238 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hayley238 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hayley238 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hayley238 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hayley238 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hayley238 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hayley238 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hayley238 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hayley238 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hayley238 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hayley238 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I recommend looking at the calories and macronutrients sticky. It takes you through workout out your macros in a way that doesn't include a percentage split.

As far as loosing fat and gaining muscle, I'm still a noob and a beginner but I'm pretty sure that you can't do both at the same time (cut and bulk that is) unless you are a complete beginner at the start of your journey. I'm sure other more experienced folks will chime in here.

Go to Emma-Leighs sticky and see how it goes from there
    Programme: New Rules of Lifting. Break-In Week 1

I'm a big girl but I'm getting fitter and smaller everyday; watch this space.

AussieAmes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Hayley238 View Post
    I recommend looking at the calories and macronutrients sticky. It takes you through workout out your macros in a way that doesn't include a percentage split.

As far as loosing fat and gaining muscle, I'm still a noob and a beginner but I'm pretty sure that you can't do both at the same time (cut and bulk that is) unless you are a complete beginner at the start of your journey. I'm sure other more experienced folks will chime in here.

Go to Emma-Leighs sticky and see how it goes from there
    Thanks, I have read the sticky's but they just get so confusing after a while..

Location: London, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Hayley238 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hayley238 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hayley238 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hayley238 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hayley238 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hayley238 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hayley238 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hayley238 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hayley238 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hayley238 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hayley238 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by AussieAmes View Post
    Thanks, I have read the sticky's but they just get so confusing after a while..
    Any one in particular?

I seriously got a headache looking at the calories and macros thread, but then I got my calculator out and a blank piece of paper and got to work. It's honestly not that bad and I hate maths!
    Programme: New Rules of Lifting. Break-In Week 1

I'm a big girl but I'm getting fitter and smaller everyday; watch this space.