Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

When would you say you caught your break in life or your turning point?

I was working in a factory (Glasser Manufacturing) for 10 years (1980 - 1990) starting salary was 120 a week, after roughly 8 years there started earning $150.00 a week. Ended earning $200.00 a week and busting my ass.

I lost my job because I broke my bosses son (he became the boss then) jaw. I had 5 kids, an apartment and no job My wife's cousin then introduced me to the world of computers and got me a job as an in-house computer technician in 1990 I was out of work for no more than a month My first break

As an FYI I did not know sh!t about computers, as a matter of fact back then I thought the monitor was the computer! But my wife's cousin (I worked directly for him) got me in and allowed me to learn on the job.

I remember it like it was yesterday, when I saw my first paycheck I called Patty and told her, "You are not going to believe how much I earned!" $600 for a weeks pay!!!

When was your turning point or break in life if any?
    Last edited by bodyhard; 11-11-2012 at 12:51 PM.
    On the list for Bannukah

G500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) G500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) G500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) G500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) G500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) G500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) G500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) G500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) G500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) G500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) G500 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Excellent thread BH. Mine started 20 years ago working in what I thought was a steady job with Kraft General Foods. Worked for the Bryers ice cream division calling on stores. One beautiful day Kraft decided to sell the whole division and send product direct. We where all out of jobs. I still thank the lord for this event in my life. After loosing this cush job, I started in the vending amusement business. Now I have a small business with 23 part time and full time employees. Not rich by any means but getting laid off was the best thing that ever happen to me. If I had not lost that job 20 years ago, I would still be making an average wage at Kraft.
    Someone once said.... "The harder I work, the luckier I get" So True!

pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My turning point was when I got my first job with Gillette Shaving Co. In 1995. I bugged the sales director for 6 months. I sent letters, made phone calls and basically stalked him. One day he picked up the phone and I told him who I was. I asked if I could meet with him and he said, "sure". I went in the next day and got hired. I learned within that 6 months, a huge lesson that I stick with to this day.

Now I run a marketing department at a pharma company and those lessons are ones I still use to this day

Great thread BH
    I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Gary89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gary89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gary89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gary89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gary89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gary89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gary89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gary89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gary89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gary89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gary89 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    First one, joining the Navy. The training I received in the Navy directly prepared me for my first civilian job, and indirectly prepared me for my current job by instilling the "Nuke" mindset.

Second one, being pulled into a corporate role at my current job after we were acquired.
    "For a person who feels, life is a tragedy; for a person who thinks, it is a comedy." ― Voltaire

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” ― Albert Einstein

taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Boy, that's a tough one. I guess mine would be when I got "laid off" a few years ago.

I had gone to work for a telecom startup working for a former boss. Kind of took a position that wasn't really what I wanted to do, but it sounded like a good opportunity to get in the door (my background was marketing communications and the job was in the marketing group). To make a long story short, I was doing pretty well there--but we were eventually bought by a bigger company. I still had a job but ended up being the only marketing person from the original company still working in that function there. So that was looking a little sketchy.

One morning I got to work and saw the CEO of startup walking down the hall towards me (he was still working there at the time as part of the buyout). He had kind of a grim look on his face and he said "hey, I need to talk with you about some stuff--can we go down to my office?". Just took a deep breath. When we got into his office, he said that he had some bad news--my position had been eliminated and so I was being laid off. BUT . . . he said that some folks at the corporate office (at the company that bought us) wanted to talk to me and I was set up with a video call in 30 minutes. My CEO said to talk with them and see what happens.

I ended up talking to a couple people in sales operations . . . they said to sit tight and that they would get back to me by the end of the day. I sweated it out all day at the office and around close of business I got a phone call and got offered a job with the "mother ship". I frankly didn't have any other options at the time, obviously, so I figured it couldn't hurt to take the position and see where it went. It's worked out incredibly well! I struck up a good relationship with some very connected people at the corporate level (CEO, CFO, SVPs and the sales management team) and a couple months later my boss quit--so I got her job. I've done well there and I've been there for over 10 years now and have moved up the ladder pretty well.

What I found out later talking to a couple of the execs was that the executives from my original company (including the CEO who gave me the news, the COO and the VP of sales) found out I was being let go. And so they called a meeting with some bigwigs at the HQ and told them that they'd be losing out if they didn't try to find me something there. So after I had gone through the video calls that day, they conjured up a position for me figuring they might as well see what pans out.
    *MFC Elder Statesmen Cabinet Crew*

**Distal Bicep Rupture Crew (Feb 2013)** -- recovery log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151942933
    **Extreme Dips Crew** - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136113651

racejunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) racejunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) racejunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) racejunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) racejunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) racejunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) racejunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) racejunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) racejunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) racejunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) racejunkie has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I would say right now is the time for me. I think we have to make our own big breaks. I have a job I really don't like so I'm taking the plunge and going back to school to become a physical therapist. Will know in a few months if I've been accepted or not. Cross your fingers. I plan on working on a CPT through ace along the way too. If I have over 20 more years to work, I would rather do something more rewarding that allows more flexibility than what I currently do.

gsdhillon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When i quit my job making $25/hr this january and finished up BS in petroleum engineering from a&m in may and still unemployed. Living it up brahss!! Im 24!

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Neat story BH.

Many people have made assumptions about me when they saw I had a helicopter etc....and some think I had it handed to me, born with a silver spoon.

Nothing could be further from the truth. I moved south when I decided not to go back and finish my Sr year of college. My parents were splitting and in the midst of a nasty divorce. I was living with my mom. Very depressed, drinking and partying almost every night.

My friend had a sister who lived down south. One night we decided to move down there as she promised us a place to stay if we would put a new roof on her boyfriends house.

I had an old ford ranger (with no AC) packed up everything I had in black garbage bags and empty milk crates and left home with $375 I had saved up.

I was so poor the first year I lived there that I spent an entire summer in my first apartment, with 98+ deg days, NEVER ONCE turning on the air conditioning. (100% truth). I could not afford to pay the bill. I had a bed I had made out of 2x10's and no furniture in my apartment. I ate my breakfast off a school chair (the kind with the built in armrest) that I found by the dumpster of the apartment complex.

I was planning on going back to school after I got residency. By the time my year rolled around, I had decided to go into business for myself at 23 years old. (construction) My first big break was 3 years later where I landed a $750,000 job. By far my biggest project up to that point. For the next few years I stayed in commercial work had 70+ employees, and was very fortunate.

I made the switch to pursue my dreams. I started designing and building (and selling) my own custom homes. (bigger stuff... 8000-20,000sf) I taught myself design and self studied architecture. It was very enjoyable and lucrative. That allowed me a lot of free time to do things I never thought possible, like learning to fly helicopters...etc. That steamrolled into another business of course . I have issues of turning my passions into more forms of work!

But my single biggest break was one many might not consider a blessing. It was the day I was almost killed. Since then, I have really found what is important in life. I no longer chase the almighty dollar. I could really care less about money as long as my family is comfortable and healthy. I no longer need all the "stuff". I used to be consumed with achieving MOAR....and never really enjoyed all the blessings that life had given me. Now I have much less.....But I am truly so much happier.
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000)
    Meeting my wife.

If I hadn't found and settled down with her, I'd almost certainly have ended up in jail.
    I was a bit too much of a "Don't give a f*ck" sort of guy when I was young and single.

G500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) G500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) G500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) G500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) G500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) G500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) G500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) G500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) G500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) G500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) G500 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Outstanding stories!! Really enjoy reading them!! Bodyhard...You should put these in a book. "Bodybuilding turning points for life"

induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by G500 View Post
    Outstanding stories!! Really enjoy reading them!! Bodyhard...You should put these in a book. "Bodybuilding turning points for life"
    G500.....

Is your name inspired by the G-wagen?
    RAW lifts

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    To be very honest, the major turning point in my life for the better was when my wife left.

It was bitter sweet of course, I was fond of her after all byt in reality, not that much.

We hugged and I told her that she was one of the best friends that i ever had. We both cried a bit.

then i her reminded her that she isnt going on vacation so never call me or talk to me again.

i kissed her goodbye and shut the door.

i talked to her once since then and that was when her dad passed away. i thought it would be best if i talked to her about it.

when my dad passed she followed my giudlines and did not call, did not care basically.

of course I was bummed but i am so much better off now then I was then.

realtionships just arent for me i guess.

I have had a number of jobs since then but to be honest, i dont care much for working for the man or having millions of dollars in the bank which i obviously dont have.

i like to be left the hell alone and am doing that now.

i dont want a job other then one i create myself. they idea of working my way up the ladder and working for a bunch of idiots just doesnt appeal to me anymore.

I look at my bosses past and present and have no respect for them. they are just pretending to be leadres.

Thats why i call them "acting" managers because thats whatthey are doing, acting.

i dont have time for them anymore.

mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Professionally - I was finishing up graduate school as a chemist and not happy. I wasn't good in the lab and wasn't excited about working in the industry. My only prospects were in NJ and no offense to anyone, I'm not a NJ type of guy. It was winter break and I was cutting through several buildings to get the university bookstore and avoid the cold. One of the buildings belonged to the EE department and one of the professors happened to be in his office. On a complete whim I stuck my head in his office and asked if he'd be interested in having a new grad student with some material science knowledge. I ended up joining his group and have worked in that field ever since. In fact, he started a separate institute about 10 years after I graduated from the EE department and hired me as his first employee which is where I work now. I get to do something I love, in a field I've always loved even though I got side-tracked as a chemist, in a specialty (aerospace) I've always been interested in, and I get to live in my home town. The entirety of my professional career is based upon not wanting to be cold and now I look forward to going to work every day.

Personally, it's without a doubt meeting my wife. I was on a rather self destructive path and that all stopped when we met.
    2 + 2 = 5 (for extremely large values of 2)

Try SCE to AUX

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Some really cool stories here.

Its funny how people say meeting their wife, I don't ever remember meeting Patty she has been in my life since I was a baby.
    On the list for Bannukah

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I made my own break by quitting my blue-collar job and going back to school.

During and after highschool I worked in a distribution center for a chain of grocery stores. Made ridiculous money for the job I did (picking orders, loading and unloading trailers, and driving forklifts) but it was not very satisfying.

Quit after 8-9 years at age 26 and went back to school. Got a Bachelor of Commerce, then my MBA, then an Accounting Designation (CMA).

Got my first Financial Controller Position in 2000 for a small private company, and now I am a Site Financial Controller for an American Fortune 500 global company.

Nothing 'fell in my lap' so to speak. I worked hard to get from where I was to where I am.
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    G500.....

Is your name inspired by the G-wagen?
    Yes. I was considering buying G-wagen at one time. Bought the wife E Class instead. G-wagen is still on my list of cars to own. Cant decide on Viper or G500. Big difference I know. My play toy for now is an old Lincoln Blackwood. Take it to shows for fun.

Originally Posted by G500 View Post
    Yes. I was considering buying G-wagen at one time. Bought the wife E Class instead. G-wagen is still on my list of cars to own. Cant decide on Viper or G500. Big difference I know. My play toy for now is an old Lincoln Blackwood. Take it to shows for fun.
    Used to have one as a grocery getter. People would look at me funny when I would get out and take my daughter out of her car seat in the back. They thought some rapper was going to get out or something. Owned it for about 3 years, and then when the second child came around, got a mini-van (srs) Hey I love my mini van!

This is the only pic I could dig up of it. We had a freak snow storm. Took this pic to show how bad it was

I have another one floating around where I took it 4 wheeling and buried it up to the hood in a mud hole! Had to get pulled out with fire truck (long story). Ended up having to replace both front wheels as I spun circular scratches across the fronts of both of them spinning, trying to get out. That was an interesting one to explain to the wife

RAW lifts

not quite... domesticated justboo2u's Avatar
    justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I guess I would have to say,

Surviving consumption of an entire box of adult chewable aspirin.

I was 2 years old.

Everything after that is gravy!

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    When I finally realized that no amount of money could make me enjoy a job I was destined to be unhappy doing. I make a lot less now (never really think about the money anymore), and get up everyday excited to get to work.

Edit: And meeting my wife. Been together 24 years now.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000) mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000) mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000) mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000) mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000) mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000) mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000) mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000) mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000) mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000) mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000)
    Still waiting to make it happen, guess you could say Im a late bloomer.
    Currently going back to school for biomed engineering....we'll see how it pans out.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult...

--==2013 Meet Lifts==--
    147.5/325 | 90/198 | 202.5/446

Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Good stories here...

My first break, was winning an apprenticeship as a Fitter & Turner when I was 16 and finishing high school. Started on $123/week. My parents were so proud, as no-one in the family were tradespeople. This was in 1986; a time when the trades were looked down upon in general....most of my classmates were desperate to get into uni.

2nd..When I was 20, I was doing maintenance on a barge, at the wharf and my attitude and work caught the attention of the Chief Engineer of an International dredging company.....he offered me a job as a 2nd engineer. I was earning $2500 a week on a remote area job....12hr days/4 week shifts.
    Having a few years experience with that company and that job on my CV opened many (well paying) doors.
    Brick by brick
    "Never let the weeds get higher than the garden, always keep a diamond in your mind"

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Friday when I gave notice to both of my jobs I'll be unemployed for the first time since 13....well I'll be a stay at home dad for awhile...that's work

TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    Friday when I gave notice to both of my jobs I'll be unemployed for the first time since 13....well I'll be a stay at home dad for awhile...that's work
    I've been a stay at home dad for a while now. It is fun, but be prepared for people to call you lazy, a bum, and my personal favorite "you need your woman to take care of you" etc. Those insults hurt, especially when they come from you own family. Little do they now I'll have my Bachelors completed in about a year.

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TonyNail View Post
    I've been a stay at home dad for a while now. It is fun, but be prepared for people to call you lazy, a bum, and my personal favorite "you need your woman to take care of you" etc. Those insults hurt, especially when they come from you own family. Little do they now I'll have my Bachelors completed in about a year.
    Oh I don't care what anyone thinks. My wife took a Director job so we are moving back to New York. She can support us all so I'll stay at home for awhile and decide of I want to go back to school or something else. I have to admit I'm scared ****less not having a job though

Grats on finishing your degree

Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I stay home with the kids (17mths, 3yrs) every now and then, when they're sick, or my wife is away on business.
    It's hard work.....and no, I didn't have any time to watch days of our lives either!
    Brick by brick
    "Never let the weeds get higher than the garden, always keep a diamond in your mind"

Originally Posted by mal1ce View Post
    Still waiting to make it happen, guess you could say Im a late bloomer.
    Currently going back to school for biomed engineering....we'll see how it pans out.
    Colonel Sanders didnt get started good until he was 65.

Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    Used to have one as a grocery getter. People would look at me funny when I would get out and take my daughter out of her car seat in the back. They thought some rapper was going to get out or something. Owned it for about 3 years, and then when the second child came around, got a mini-van (srs) Hey I love my mini van!

This is the only pic I could dig up of it. We had a freak snow storm. Took this pic to show how bad it was

I have another one floating around where I took it 4 wheeling and buried it up to the hood in a mud hole! Had to get pulled out with fire truck (long story). Ended up having to replace both front wheels as I spun circular scratches across the fronts of both of them spinning, trying to get out. That was an interesting one to explain to the wife

Great machine you had there! I want one! Funny thing...We have a mini van too! Mini van is like a Swiss Army knife...It can do anything!

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Good luck and mad jelly you get that extra time with your kids.
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

Originally Posted by TonyNail View Post
    Please tell me people other than your family don't say sh!t like that to you.

Anyone who knows me knows I would never hit a family member, but f'ck if one of my friends had the balls to say sh!t like that to me, I would go 7 30 on them.
    On the list for Bannukah

TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    Please tell me people other than your family don't say sh!t like that to you.

Anyone who knows me knows I would never hit a family member, but f'ck if one of my friends had the balls to say sh!t like that to me, I would go 7 30 on them.
    I hear it second hand. No one has ever said it to my face.