DaisyNP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaisyNP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaisyNP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaisyNP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaisyNP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaisyNP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaisyNP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaisyNP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaisyNP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaisyNP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaisyNP is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

What cleanses work for you?

I'm considering doing a one week cleanse and was curious what cleanses worked for you. what was your experience during the cleanse and any other tips or things I should do or know about before starting the cleanse. Thanks so much for the help!

mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've done AdvoCare 10-day cleanses several times and have been happy with them every time. It's not extreme, it's not scary, but it is effective. I have to commit to the recommended diet guide they include with it, fresh fruits and veggies are very important, no dairy, no breads, no fried fatty foods. It's basically just a little stricter than just basic clean eating. Looking forward to my next one, actually!lol
    "Do not give away to others what you have not first given away at home." unknown
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." George Eliot, pen name of Mary Ann Evans

Proud wife and mommy.

Every saint has a past.

SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Whenever someone mentions cleanses, it reminds me of the lemon juice cleanse my dumb friend did for a couple weeks and fainted.

That is all she consumed for that time because she wanted to lose weight. Needless to say, whatever she lost was gained back twice as fast afterward.

I know there are good cleanses out there, but I just wanted to share my story.

Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    There really is no reason to do a cleanse. If your body wasn't doing that on its own you would be dead or very sick kwim?
    If this were easy, everyone would walk around ripped.

I like eating, it helps with the not dying.

Journal: Back in Black
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120569281

mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SultanaK View Post
    Whenever someone mentions cleanses, it reminds me of the lemon juice cleanse my dumb friend did for a couple weeks and fainted.

That is all she consumed for that time because she wanted to lose weight. Needless to say, whatever she lost was gained back twice as fast afterward.

I know there are good cleanses out there, but I just wanted to share my story.
    Oh yuck...yeah. Stay away from those extreme cleanses!lol I actually got to eat real food on mine and what little I do lose hasn't come back. I've seen some where the results look like your body has expelled a small animal. Horrific!

Originally Posted by Echo814 View Post
    There really is no reason to do a cleanse. If your body wasn't doing that on its own you would be dead or very sick kwim?
    I guess that does depend on your view of the foods you're eating and how you feel. If you're feeling run down all the time, despite trying to take care of yourself, it could be some other issue or you just might need a good cleanse. If you've done nothing but eat crap (I'm personally not one who can eat anything, I do much better when I "eat clean"), highly processed foods, it certainly wouldn't hurt anything to try a cleanse. I've been very happy and felt much better after the first few days of starting my cleanses.
    "Do not give away to others what you have not first given away at home." unknown
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." George Eliot, pen name of Mary Ann Evans

Proud wife and mommy.

Every saint has a past.

yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000)
    http://www.earthworkshealth.com/human-use.php

Detox Your Body
    Diatomaceous Earth health benefits reported to inlude detox! According to Kaayla T. Daniel, PhD, CCN and Galen D. Knight, PhD in their article "Mad as a Hatter" there is no better product to detox HEAVY METALS and RADIATION from your body than with Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth!
    Yetti

SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mrshester View Post
    Oh yuck...yeah. Stay away from those extreme cleanses!lol I actually got to eat real food on mine and what little I do lose hasn't come back. I've seen some where the results look like your body has expelled a small animal. Horrific!
    The only one I want to try is a colon cleanse, and it doesn't have much to do with weight.

The only one I want to try is a colon cleanse, and it doesn't have much to do with weight.
    That name alone makes me nervous, lol

Proud wife and mommy.

Every saint has a past.

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    OP, you might want to invest in a decent fruit/veggie juicer. i enjoy mine.

DaisyNP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaisyNP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaisyNP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaisyNP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaisyNP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaisyNP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaisyNP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaisyNP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaisyNP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaisyNP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaisyNP is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yeah I'm not looking for those kinda of cleanses where I drop weight as fast as possible. My purpose is strictly health I have heard it makes people feel amazing and "clean" ( go figure ) after one but the correct one hence my post.

Originally Posted by whatevergirl View Post
    OP, you might want to invest in a decent fruit/veggie juicer. i enjoy mine.
    yeah I'm thinking about stealing my moms because she never uses hers! whats your favorite juice concoction to make ?

It is also worth noting that I have to be very careful because I have very low blood pressure and blood sugar and get hypoglycemic if I don't feed my body properly and have fainted on a number of occasions.

PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've done 12 days water fast. another 8 days 2 months ago. Planning to do a 14 day coconut water fast in a month. Best I've ever felt was right after coming out of the fast. That feeling is like that most expensive drug even Bill Gates can't get a hold of .srs.

Mr Flexy's Happy Protégé LisaSkinnoble's Avatar
    LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Have you ever been for a colonoscopy? The stuffs they give you in preparation for the test will definitely cleanse your colon.

OP, my friend does a cleanse once a year, and I think it's a 10-day cleanse. Isogenix, might be the name of it? I'll ask.

I've been reading Dr Michael Mosley's "The Fast Diet", wherein one restricts calories to 500 a day for two non-consecutive days a week, and then eats at maintenance the other 5 days. I started last week, restricting calories on Monday and Wednesday. I will continue this. I like the book and I understand the science behind it.
    No drama: You know where we are.

Hello and welcome to our newest member jackbauer.

Meet stats:
    April 2017 - 235/135/270
    Aug 2017 - 245/125/285

PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DaisyNP View Post
    It is also worth noting that I have to be very careful because I have very low blood pressure and blood sugar and get hypoglycemic if I don't feed my body properly and have fainted on a number of occasions.
    drink coconut water instead of regular during your cleanse.

Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I don't understand the idea of the cleanse. How the heck can drinking your calories be a good thing? Eat clean, feed your body what it needs, drink lots of water, adequate rest, you will feel better! Help your body to function the way it was MEANT to function. On REAL, good food. Eat some celery if you want to clean your butthole, it's nature's anus toothbrush.
    Squats and Maple syrup son. Squats and Maple syrup.

*CANADIAN CREW*

Training Log- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163818831

***Sig shortened for cranky, old, mouth breathers***

Originally Posted by Fawnl View Post
    I don't understand the idea of the cleanse. How the heck can drinking your calories be a good thing? Eat clean, feed your body what it needs, drink lots of water, adequate rest, you will feel better! Help your body to function the way it was MEANT to function. On REAL, good food. Eat some celery if you want to clean your butthole, it's nature's anus toothbrush.
    LMAO!! EEEEEW! My cleanses don't have you drinking your calories. You have a fiber drink, a probiotic, and herbal cleanse tablets. and you HAVE to eat real, healthy food and drink alot of water. LOVE them I don't eat optimally all the time and can feel when it's time for me to have a cleanse...my supplements don't help as much as they did (I can actually feel the efficacy of some of them) and I start feeling like I'm "bogged" down, if you will. I get the car lubed and it's oil change, that's kinda how I look at it for myself

Proud wife and mommy.

Every saint has a past.

XeroZeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XeroZeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XeroZeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XeroZeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XeroZeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XeroZeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XeroZeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XeroZeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XeroZeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XeroZeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XeroZeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LisaSkinnoble View Post
    Have you ever been for a colonoscopy? The stuffs they give you in preparation for the test will definitely cleanse your colon.

OP, my friend does a cleanse once a year, and I think it's a 10-day cleanse. Isogenix, might be the name of it? I'll ask.

I've been reading Dr Michael Mosley's "The Fast Diet", wherein one restricts calories to 500 a day for two non-consecutive days a week, and then eats at maintenance the other 5 days. I started last week, restricting calories on Monday and Wednesday. I will continue this. I like the book and I understand the science behind it.
    This is very interesting to me. What foods are you [last week] eating to satisfy your 500 calorie requirement on Monday and Wednesday? What is your maintenance?
    "It is always easy to do right when you know ahead of time what you stand for."
    | Finance | Wrist - Watches | Audiophile | Health Care |
    Always interested in learning more about big data, analytics and KPI measurement.

Mr Flexy's Happy Protégé LisaSkinnoble's Avatar
    LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by XeroZeus View Post
    This is very interesting to me. What foods are you [last week] eating to satisfy your 500 calorie requirement on Monday and Wednesday? What is your maintenance?
    It's a form of intermittent fasting. 500 cals for women, 600 for men. I had a cold last week so I made a southwestern chicken soup with lots of spices and chiles and beans. About 190 cals per cup, so I'd have a cup of that for lunch, and some cucumbers and radishes dipped in a greek yogurt dip I made. The veg and dip snack is 20 calories. For dinner, I had 3/4 cup of chicken breast cooked and cubed with some vegetables. Plenty of water and herbal teas throughout the day too. I had more of the soup left in the freezer so I'm bringing that for lunch today, and I will have tilapia fillet with green beans and broccoli for dinner tonight. I'm going to make a spaghetti squash with a marina sauce for lunch on Wednesday.

Dr Mosley says he has a couple of eggs with a slice of ham for a late breakfast, then he has fish or other protein with a heap of vegetables for dinner.

I thought I would awaken with a voracious appetite on Tuesday and Thursday, but I didn't. And I didn't overeat on my feed days either. It's quite remarkable.

I haven't finished the book yet, but I'm enjoying it and it's a pretty fast read actually. I did watch Dr Mosley's Horizon programme, "Eat, Fast and Live Longer" and that's what prompted me to buy the book.
    No drama: You know where we are.

Hello and welcome to our newest member jackbauer.

Meet stats:
    April 2017 - 235/135/270
    Aug 2017 - 245/125/285

Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    LMAO!! EEEEEW! My cleanses don't have you drinking your calories. You have a fiber drink, a probiotic, and herbal cleanse tablets. and you HAVE to eat real, healthy food and drink alot of water. LOVE them I don't eat optimally all the time and can feel when it's time for me to have a cleanse...my supplements don't help as much as they did (I can actually feel the efficacy of some of them) and I start feeling like I'm "bogged" down, if you will. I get the car lubed and it's oil change, that's kinda how I look at it for myself
    Well, THAT actually sounds kind of nice!
    Squats and Maple syrup son. Squats and Maple syrup.

*CANADIAN CREW*

Training Log- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163818831

***Sig shortened for cranky, old, mouth breathers***

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Why would you do a colon cleanse?
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

Originally Posted by Fawnl View Post
    Well, THAT actually sounds kind of nice!
    It actually kinda is!lol Everyone expects cleansing to be scary and hard and have you running to the bathroom. But it's never been that for me or countless others. The first few days are tough, but that's my detoxing phase and I feel awesome by the end!

Proud wife and mommy.

Every saint has a past.

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DaisyNP View Post
    yeah I'm thinking about stealing my moms because she never uses hers! whats your favorite juice concoction to make ?
    carrots, apples and a bit of parsley... Sounds weird but its good. Only downside to juicers is the cleanup. Lol

Originally Posted by LisaSkinnoble View Post
    It's a form of intermittent fasting. 500 cals for women, 600 for men. I had a cold last week so I made a southwestern chicken soup with lots of spices and chiles and beans. About 190 cals per cup, so I'd have a cup of that for lunch, and some cucumbers and radishes dipped in a greek yogurt dip I made. The veg and dip snack is 20 calories. For dinner, I had 3/4 cup of chicken breast cooked and cubed with some vegetables. Plenty of water and herbal teas throughout the day too. I had more of the soup left in the freezer so I'm bringing that for lunch today, and I will have tilapia fillet with green beans and broccoli for dinner tonight. I'm going to make a spaghetti squash with a marina sauce for lunch on Wednesday.

Dr Mosley says he has a couple of eggs with a slice of ham for a late breakfast, then he has fish or other protein with a heap of vegetables for dinner.

I thought I would awaken with a voracious appetite on Tuesday and Thursday, but I didn't. And I didn't overeat on my feed days either. It's quite remarkable.

I haven't finished the book yet, but I'm enjoying it and it's a pretty fast read actually. I did watch Dr Mosley's Horizon programme, "Eat, Fast and Live Longer" and that's what prompted me to buy the book.
    that does sound interesting and i get the whole not waking up starving the next day either because im the same way on my low cal days.

It actually kinda is!lol Everyone expects cleansing to be scary and hard and have you running to the bathroom. But it's never been that for me or countless others. The first few days are tough, but that's my detoxing phase and I feel awesome by the end!
    thats the kind of feeling im looking for

Originally Posted by whatevergirl View Post
    carrots, apples and a bit of parsley... Sounds weird but its good. Only downside to juicers is the cleanup. Lol
    I know all about clean up lol living with two boys is nothing but clean up but im used to it by now