Page 76 of 105 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,280 of 3123
    CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks for the answers Ryan.

So, I'm half way through micro 4, which means I'm starting to plan out my next macro. For my first three macro's, I've kept everything essentially the same. For macro 4 I'm planning to change things up a little bit.
    I've been running a this setup - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1410702823

I'm planning to change to a setup that focuses completely on one part of the body each day. So on squat day, for example, rather than adding in a 'lift' supplement, I'll be focusing entirely on my legs. My core lifts will all stay the same, aside from the OHP core, which I'm going to drop for now. I haven't made any progress on it, so I'm not going to continue doing the same thing. I'll try building up shoulder strength through supplemental lifts by focusing on more vertical pushing & pulling exercises (I'm not sure if that's a good approach?).

Enough talk for now. Here's the program setup I currently have. I'd love to get anyone's feedback on exercise selection/balance, and/or order.

Lift
    Core: Conventional Deadlift
    Supp 1: Sumo Deadlift
    Supp 2: Hyperextension (should I change the order of Supp 1 & 2?)
    Supp 3: Leg Curl

Press
    Core: Incline Barbell Press
    Supp 1: Push Press
    Supp 2: Flat DB Press
    Supp 3: Dips (tried these in my first micro and had to ditch them because of wrist pain. Gonna try again and hope wrist wraps help...)

Squat
    Core: Barbell Back Squat
    Supp 1: Front Squat
    Supp 2: Reverse Lunge (should I change the order of Supp 1 & 2?)
    Supp 3: Low & Close Stance Leg Press

Pull
    Core: Bent Barbell Row
    Supp 1: Pullup
    Supp 2: Cable Row
    Supp 3: Lat Pulldown

During this next macro, I'm also going to be testing out some modifications that I mentioned earlier in this thread.
    - On my Core lifts during Micro's 1 & 2, instead of doing an AMRAP set I'll be repeating sets until I fail to hit the prescribed number of reps.
    - On Supplemental lifts, I'll do the minimum number of sets and try to hit the maximum number of reps. If I hit 90% of my reps, then I'm done and I'll increase the weight next time through. If I do less than 90% of the reps, I'll add another set and do as many reps as possible.
    The Flywheel Effect - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172103043

nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    what leg sup excersise can i do instead of lunges and step up? i dont like both, and great program i actualy feel like im gaining weight!

CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Single Leg Press, Split Squat, or Bulgarian Split Squat should be good alternatives.
    Video demonstrations are in the spoiler.
    Spoiler!

mpacaldo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpacaldo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpacaldo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpacaldo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpacaldo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpacaldo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpacaldo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpacaldo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpacaldo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpacaldo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpacaldo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by nford824 View Post
    what leg sup excersise can i do instead of lunges and step up? i dont like both, and great program i actualy feel like im gaining weight!
    I feel you man about the lunges, they are hella taxing to do at high reps. Just doing the motion alone takes the living juice out of me already. But I like it so far in my experience since it gives me balancing control while doing lunges especially when you're almost out of juice.
    My GST Log:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172235263&pagenumber=

2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well, here is my general list of possible Squat Day supplement exercises:

High Bar Squat
    Low Bar Squat
    Front Squat
    Leg Press
    Single Legged Leg Press
    BB or DB Walking Lunge
    BB or DB Stationary Lunge
    BB or DB Reverse Lunge
    Bulgarian Split Squat
    Hack Squat
    BB or DB Step Up
    Squat Machine
    Leg Extension
    Smith Machine Squat Variations
    Smith Machine Unilateral Leg Exercise Variations

As you can see, there are multiple lunge variations in there to choose from, single legged leg pressing, split squats, etc.

Is the problem that you just don't like lunges or is the problem that they actually can't be done due to an injury? If you just don't like them, I'd say you should learn to like them because they're valuable as hell for lower body growth and balance! But I did point out some other options for you too. But really, nobody is going to enjoy every single exercise of a program that is good for them. Most of the time, if you really don't like doing something, you should probably do a little more of it.
    trainingwithryan.substack.com

2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CW47 View Post
    Thanks for the answers Ryan.

So, I'm half way through micro 4, which means I'm starting to plan out my next macro. For my first three macro's, I've kept everything essentially the same. For macro 4 I'm planning to change things up a little bit.
    I've been running a this setup - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1410702823

I'm planning to change to a setup that focuses completely on one part of the body each day. So on squat day, for example, rather than adding in a 'lift' supplement, I'll be focusing entirely on my legs. My core lifts will all stay the same, aside from the OHP core, which I'm going to drop for now. I haven't made any progress on it, so I'm not going to continue doing the same thing. I'll try building up shoulder strength through supplemental lifts by focusing on more vertical pushing & pulling exercises (I'm not sure if that's a good approach?).

Enough talk for now. Here's the program setup I currently have. I'd love to get anyone's feedback on exercise selection/balance, and/or order.

Lift
    Core: Conventional Deadlift
    Supp 1: Sumo Deadlift
    Supp 2: Hyperextension (should I change the order of Supp 1 & 2?)
    I would personally add in either calf work, some upper back work, or both. Also, conventional and sumo aren't as well rounded of a combo as conventional and romanian or sumo and romanian, IMO.

Press
    Supp 3: Dips (tried these in my first micro and had to ditch them because of wrist pain. Gonna try again and hope wrist wraps help...)
    I'd at least have one isolation exercise for one of the pressing muscle groups here (pecs, shoulders, or triceps).

Squat
    Supp 1: Front Squat
    Supp 2: Reverse Lunge (should I change the order of Supp 1 & 2?)
    Supp 3: Low & Close Stance Leg Press
    I was also going to say that you should switch the positioning of supplements 1 & 2. Also, you really don't need to be doing four compound leg exercises in a row. I'd ditch either the front squats or leg presses and then take that added availability to get some isolation work going on the quads or calves. Again, getting some upper back work squeezed in at the end isn't a bad idea at all. Upper back work at the end of the lower body days works well.

Pull
    Supp 3: Lat Pulldown
    This is just like the advice above. Four compound rowing movements in a row is quite a bit. I'd ditch the lat pulldown for some bicep isolation and other things you want to work on.

During this next macro, I'm also going to be testing out some modifications that I mentioned earlier in this thread.
    - On my Core lifts during Micro's 1 & 2, instead of doing an AMRAP set I'll be repeating sets until I fail to hit the prescribed number of reps.
    - On Supplemental lifts, I'll do the minimum number of sets and try to hit the maximum number of reps. If I hit 90% of my reps, then I'm done and I'll increase the weight next time through. If I do less than 90% of the reps, I'll add another set and do as many reps as possible.
    We've talked about the first change and the second change is basically a standard method, so no need to make any changes there at all.

Consider adding in some ab work throughout the week too though. Hitting them twice per week with one exercise that you can progressively overload each time is a good idea.
    Thanks again!

Originally Posted by 2020Wellness View Post
    I would personally add in either calf work, some upper back work, or both. Also, conventional and sumo aren't as well rounded of a combo as conventional and romanian or sumo and romanian, IMO.
    I assume the reasoning behind that is that conventional and sumo work essentially the same muscles, while rdl's focus more on the hamstrings? I was planning to try sumo as a supplemental lift to learn it and see if I like it, then potentially have it take over as my core lift down the road. What's the difference between conventional and sumo? I know the differences in how they're performed, but I don't really know why you'd choose one or the other. Is it just a matter of preference, or are there some differences in which muscles they work that may make one better than the other in certain circumstances?

I'd at least have one isolation exercise for one of the pressing muscle groups here (pecs, shoulders, or triceps).
    I was also going to say that you should switch the positioning of supplements 1 & 2. Also, you really don't need to be doing four compound leg exercises in a row. I'd ditch either the front squats or leg presses and then take that added availability to get some isolation work going on the quads or calves. Again, getting some upper back work squeezed in at the end isn't a bad idea at all. Upper back work at the end of the lower body days works well.
    This is just like the advice above. Four compound rowing movements in a row is quite a bit. I'd ditch the lat pulldown for some bicep isolation and other things you want to work on.
    Consider adding in some ab work throughout the week too though. Hitting them twice per week with one exercise that you can progressively overload each time is a good idea.
    Thanks for the advice Ryan. Understanding why I'm doing something (or not doing something) is just as important to me as having a solid training program to follow, so I really appreciate the time you've taken to respond to my questions and offer advice.

I'm cutting back on the compound movements, exchanging them for isolation movements, and adding in some ab, upper back, and calf work.
    You mentioned that it would be good to hit abs twice per week with one exercise. Would it be okay if I do the same thing for the extra upper back work you suggested adding on lower body days, and do pullups on both days? I would then remove it from my Pull Day and leave in Lat Pulldowns on that day.
    Can I do extra calf work on two days instead of one?
    I added 2 isolation lifts on Press and Pull day instead of 1, so that I have 6 exercises each day. Is that okay, or should I just choose 1 on those days?

Assuming it's okay to add everything I asked about above, here's what I have right now:

Lift
    Core: Conventional Deadlift (I may still switch this out for sumo. Not sure yet.)
    Supp 1: Romanian Deadlift
    Supp 2: Hyperextension
    Supp 4: Calf Raises
    Supp 5: Pullups

Press
    Supp 3: Tricep Pressdown
    Supp 4: Front Lateral DB Raises
    Supp 5: Decline Crunches

Squat
    Supp 1: Reverse Lunge
    Supp 2: Front Squat
    Supp 3: Leg Extensions

Pull
    Supp 1: Lat Pulldown
    Supp 3: Hammer Curls
    Supp 4: Reverse Flies

I assume the reasoning behind that is that conventional and sumo work essentially the same muscles, while rdl's focus more on the hamstrings?
    Yes!

I was planning to try sumo as a supplemental lift to learn it and see if I like it, then potentially have it take over as my core lift down the road. What's the difference between conventional and sumo?
    There honestly isn't a ton of difference between them being done by the same person with the same overall mechanics. Honestly, sumo is riskier for most people, simply because they aren't mobile enough in the hips and it ups the risk of injury. Overall, they work the same muscle groups for all intensive purposes. The choice to do sumo versus conventional comes down to personal preference and comfort/feel for the individual. One doesn't have big growth advantages over the other though.

I know the differences in how they're performed, but I don't really know why you'd choose one or the other. Is it just a matter of preference, or are there some differences in which muscles they work that may make one better than the other in certain circumstances?
    It's mainly a matter of preference and feel. One thing that works very well for many people is what I call a hybrid. Check this video out of me using that form (not too wide stanced, but not a conventional either).

Thanks for the advice Ryan. Understanding why I'm doing something (or not doing something) is just as important to me as having a solid training program to follow, so I really appreciate the time you've taken to respond to my questions and offer advice.
    This is what I do everyday! You're welcome.

I'm cutting back on the compound movements, exchanging them for isolation movements, and adding in some ab, upper back, and calf work.
    You mentioned that it would be good to hit abs twice per week with one exercise.
    I mentioned twice per week with one exercise each time. That means two different exercises, one per time.

Would it be okay if I do the same thing for the extra upper back work you suggested adding on lower body days, and do pullups on both days? I would then remove it from my Pull Day and leave in Lat Pulldowns on that day.
    That is incorrect for two reasons:

1. I want you doing two different exercises instead of just one.
    2. Pullups are not an exercise that focuses on the upper back. Think cable face pulls, rear delt flyes, and shrugs.

Can I do extra calf work on two days instead of one?
    Yes, most definitely.

I added 2 isolation lifts on Press and Pull day instead of 1, so that I have 6 exercises each day. Is that okay, or should I just choose 1 on those days?
    I see zero problems with 6 exercises per day.

Assuming it's okay to add everything I asked about above, here's what I have right now:

Lift
    Core: Conventional Deadlift (I may still switch this out for sumo. Not sure yet.)

Press

Squat

Pull
    Supp 1: Lat Pulldown
    Look over my comments above, modify, and report back.
    Talk to you soon,

Ryan

Lift
    Core: Sumo Deadlift
    Supp 4: Seated Calf Raises
    Supp 5: Face Pulls

Press

Squat
    Supp 4: Leg Press Calf Presses
    Supp 5: Shrugs

Pull
    Supp 5: Hanging Leg Raises

Better?

I want to try Sumo Deadlift and see how that goes. My hip mobility is actually excellent, so I don't foresee any issues there.
    My calf, upper back, and ab exercises may end up different than what I've listed. I haven't even checked out what's available for those at my gym, so I'll have to take a look.

Doing 6 exercises per day is going to be a challenge for me given my time constraints. I'm currently doing 4 exercises, and cutting it close a lot of times. It will be good motivation for me to pick up the pace, which is something I wanted to focus on in this next Macro anyway. I'm looking forward to starting it up in a few days.

Lift
    Core: Sumo Deadlift
    Supp 4: Seated Calf Raises
    Supp 5: Face Pulls

Press

Squat
    Supp 4: Leg Press Calf Presses
    Supp 5: Shrugs

Pull
    Supp 5: Hanging Leg Raises

Better?

I want to try Sumo Deadlift and see how that goes. My hip mobility is actually excellent, so I don't foresee any issues there.
    My calf, upper back, and ab exercises may end up different than what I've listed. I haven't even checked out what's available for those at my gym, so I'll have to take a look.

Doing 6 exercises per day is going to be a challenge for me given my time constraints. I'm currently doing 4 exercises, and cutting it close a lot of times. It will be good motivation for me to pick up the pace, which is something I wanted to focus on in this next Macro anyway. I'm looking forward to starting it up in a few days.
    Looks good! And ya, you'll be pushed to hit those next sets, which is likely a good thing.

Ryan

mpacaldo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpacaldo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpacaldo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpacaldo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpacaldo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpacaldo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpacaldo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpacaldo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpacaldo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpacaldo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpacaldo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    By the way when it comes to ab workout, what exercise can you suggest that can be loaded with weights? I only knew some like Decline Crunches while holding a plate, or DB Oblique Crunches. I tried Hanging Leg Crunches while holding a DB between my feet but my feet endurance gives up early than my core lol. Any suggestions?

Currently I do the following:

Hanging Leg Raises & Crunches
    Decline Crunches
    Oblique Crunches
    Lying Leg Raises

offtopic: people in my gym are obsessed with dropsets and supersets and some wondered why my routines finished fast (about an hour or lesser). Its like im the only one not doing dropsets in my gym lol but I'm glad im seeing changes in myself with GST imho
    Last edited by mpacaldo; 09-07-2016 at 10:06 AM.
    My GST Log:

Originally Posted by mpacaldo View Post
    By the way when it comes to ab workout, what exercise can you suggest that can be loaded with weights?
    I don't know if these are better options than what you're already doing, but kneeling cable crunches and planks can also be weighted.

I completed Lift #1 of my new Macro today. I like the new exercise selection. The faster pace kicked my ass today, but felt good. I finished in less than an hour.

I was very surprised by how different Sumo Deadlifts felt compared to the conventional style. My poor shins got pretty torn up doing them, so I'll have to find some way to protect them in the future. I'm definitely going to continue with the Sumo style for a while though. I feel like it allows less margin for error when it comes to technique, which I think is probably a good thing for me at this point. I could see it improving my conventional deadlift whenever I switch back to it.

If anyone cares to read the details of this training session, I log everything regularly in the Journal section. Here are my notes from today - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1461350293

ikgikg will become famous soon enough. (+50) ikgikg will become famous soon enough. (+50) ikgikg will become famous soon enough. (+50) ikgikg will become famous soon enough. (+50) ikgikg will become famous soon enough. (+50) ikgikg will become famous soon enough. (+50) ikgikg will become famous soon enough. (+50) ikgikg will become famous soon enough. (+50) ikgikg will become famous soon enough. (+50) ikgikg will become famous soon enough. (+50) ikgikg will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just thought I'd share my progress and thoughts after the first four weeks of following this program. Everything has been tracked on my workout journal incase anyone is interested: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=172161863

1RM for Corelifts (lbs)
    -Back Squat-- Starting 1RM=212 lbs.....end of Macro 4 (aka week 4) 1RM=280lbs
    -Bent BB Row-- Starting 1RM=186 lbs.....end of Macro 4 (aka week 4) 1RM=210lbs
    -Conventional BB Deadlift-- Starting 1RM=268 lbs.....end of Macro 4 (aka week 4) 1RM=315lbs
    -Flat BB Bench Press-- Starting 1RM ?? (Switched from Incline to Flat on week 3 so no real starting point tracked).....end of Macro 4 (aka week 4) 1RM=240

Notes: Definitely enjoying following this program, never really tried following any type of progressive overloading like this before, using percentages of 1rep max to calculate how much to lift that week. It makes me feel confident that I should be able to lift the weight according to plan and so far I've been doing well when it comes to following the program. This program really keeps me looking forward to each of my workouts since it's always a bit different as far as weight and reps are concerned. I'm going to keep going for another 8 weeks and see how it goes.
    Thanks again Ryan! This is a great program!

Also, something I should mention about the squat and bench stats: A lot of that is regained strength from when I used to squat more often about a year or two ago. My previous squat max for reps was at 230lbs x 12. Although, my form is better than ever now and I'm at a lower weight than before so I consider it a success. I also had a max bench of 230 x 3 with horrible form. Everything else is a PR for me.
    Last edited by ikgikg; 09-08-2016 at 05:40 PM.
    Oct 2016 - 250.8
    Current (2/19/17) - 214.0

Originally Posted by mpacaldo View Post
    By the way when it comes to ab workout, what exercise can you suggest that can be loaded with weights? I only knew some like Decline Crunches while holding a plate, or DB Oblique Crunches. I tried Hanging Leg Crunches while holding a DB between my feet but my feet endurance gives up early than my core lol. Any suggestions?

Currently I do the following:

Hanging Leg Raises & Crunches
    Decline Crunches
    Oblique Crunches
    Lying Leg Raises

offtopic: people in my gym are obsessed with dropsets and supersets and some wondered why my routines finished fast (about an hour or lesser). Its like im the only one not doing dropsets in my gym lol but I'm glad im seeing changes in myself with GST imho
    I would also consider kneeling cable crunches, ab machines, and planks to be ab exercises you can progressively overload.

As far as dropsets and stuff like that, it isn't necessary for progress. It's cool that you're the one being different and you're also making gains!

I would also consider kneeling cable crunches, ab machines, and planks to be ab exercises you can progressively overload.

As far as dropsets and stuff like that, it isn't necessary for progress. It's cool that you're the one being different and you're also making gains!
    Thanks Ryan, i'll try do the Kneeling Cable Crunches and the Weighted Planks, sadly we don't have ab machines in my gym though. I'm happy with my progress so far, taking little steps, one at a time.
    My GST Log:

Originally Posted by Bogadi View Post
    Hey everyone,

Follow and subscribe to my youtube channel as I will be doing a series called 'Journey to 90kgs'
    Please subscribe, like and comment

Youtube channel is called Kristian Bogadi
    Best of luck on your transformation.

Registered User Captain Barbell's Avatar
    Captain Barbell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Captain Barbell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Captain Barbell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Captain Barbell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Captain Barbell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Captain Barbell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Captain Barbell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Captain Barbell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Captain Barbell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Captain Barbell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Captain Barbell has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks for putting together my program, Ryan. I'll be calculating my 1RM's tomorrow morning and hopefully start as soon as next week.

As for supplements... Other than whey protein, is there anything else you'd highly recommend I take for this program?

Originally Posted by Captain Barbell View Post
    Thanks for putting together my program, Ryan. I'll be calculating my 1RM's tomorrow morning and hopefully start as soon as next week.

As for supplements... Other than whey protein, is there anything else you'd highly recommend I take for this program?
    Creatine for one. and its cheap too. Though I suggest not relying on supplements heavily. I enjoy making my homemade shakes actually post workout. Anyone else suggest more?
    My GST Log:

Here's a REALLY old post from Ryan on this subject. Just be aware that it's probably outdated.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post534052733

Captain Barbell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Captain Barbell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Captain Barbell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Captain Barbell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Captain Barbell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Captain Barbell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Captain Barbell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Captain Barbell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Captain Barbell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Captain Barbell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Captain Barbell has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I created a new workout log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1462157123

And as far as equipment goes, is there anything else you guys would recommend that I invest in besides a good pair of lifting shoes (looking into the Nike Metcon shoes), a foam roller, and maybe some chalk?

I created a new workout log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1462157123

And as far as equipment goes, is there anything else you guys would recommend that I invest in besides a good pair of lifting shoes (looking into the Nike Metcon shoes), a foam roller, and maybe some chalk?
    Maybe some crutches, for the day after Squat day.

Here's a REALLY old post from Ryan on this subject. Just be aware that it's probably outdated.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post534052733
    This is actually still a pretty solid list.

If you replace the Scivation whey with one that you like, that's totally fine.

Creatine should be in the mix.

A multivitamin should be in the mix.

I'm still a fan of ZMA for it's sleep benefits, which are important for the best recovery.

I'm also a fan of Jet Alert caffeine pills (100mg ones) because I like to take on before going to train.

To keep things simple, stick to the above.

As far as shoes, these are on sale and I ordered them yesterday:

Adizero training shoes 70% off. This is a sweet deal if you like these colors.

Shipping is under $4.00 too.

http://www.6pm.com/adidas-adizero-di...dium=affiliate

I would recommend a pair of lifting straps to use when needed. Don't use them if you don't need them, as you don't want to start relying on them.

nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well, here is my general list of possible Squat Day supplement exercises:

High Bar Squat
    Low Bar Squat
    Front Squat
    Leg Press
    Single Legged Leg Press
    BB or DB Walking Lunge
    BB or DB Stationary Lunge
    BB or DB Reverse Lunge
    Bulgarian Split Squat
    Hack Squat
    BB or DB Step Up
    Squat Machine
    Leg Extension
    Smith Machine Squat Variations
    Smith Machine Unilateral Leg Exercise Variations

As you can see, there are multiple lunge variations in there to choose from, single legged leg pressing, split squats, etc.

Is the problem that you just don't like lunges or is the problem that they actually can't be done due to an injury? If you just don't like them, I'd say you should learn to like them because they're valuable as hell for lower body growth and balance! But I did point out some other options for you too. But really, nobody is going to enjoy every single exercise of a program that is good for them. Most of the time, if you really don't like doing something, you should probably do a little more of it.
    thanks for the advice ryan, ive stopped lifting temporarily becouse i think a bolt came loose in my forearm plate, the doc never told me if i could lift or not, im getting xrays and hopefully getting the hardware removed so my arm can heal fully.

thanks for the advice ryan, ive stopped lifting temporarily becouse i think a bolt came loose in my forearm plate, the doc never told me if i could lift or not, im getting xrays and hopefully getting the hardware removed so my arm can heal fully.
    Well that's not a normal problem to have! Hopefully it's not a big problem in getting it fixed.

Ryan, I noticed in the program that you sent me that for some exercises you have me do AMRAP on the third set, but then you have me do a couple more sets of "3+". This is something new compared to the former model of GST. I'd imagine that I'll be pretty burnt out after my AMRAP set... Would I use the same weight for the sets used after that AMRAP set?

Ryan, I noticed in the program that you sent me that for some exercises you have me do AMRAP on the third set, but then you have me do a couple more sets of "3+". This is something new compared to the former model of GST. I'd imagine that I'll be pretty burnt out after my AMRAP set... Would I use the same weight for the sets used after that AMRAP set?
    Yes, all three core lift working sets should be at the same weight.

Hervee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hervee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hervee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hervee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hervee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hervee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hervee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hervee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hervee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hervee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hervee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Helpful topic !

Originally Posted by Hervee View Post
    Helpful topic !
    If you were looking for reps, you got em. Thanks for reading. Any questions on GST?

fokus2k3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fokus2k3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fokus2k3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fokus2k3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fokus2k3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fokus2k3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fokus2k3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fokus2k3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fokus2k3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fokus2k3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fokus2k3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've had a few shoulder surgeries and am finding that my core bench press and my sup close grip bench press really aggravates it. It seems to be better with dumbbells, however. Do you have any recommendations to replace these two parts of my routine with something that would be easier on my shoulder?

Thanks