Brotherinarms1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking Rate my weight lifting routine!

Day 1

. Overhead Press 3x5

. Bench press 3x5

. Bent over barbell row 3x8

. Bicep Curls 3x8

. Skull crushers 3x8

. Pull ups AMRAP

Day 2

. Squat 3x5

. Deadlift 3x5

. Shoulder shrug 3x8

. Calf raise AMRAP

Day 3 REST

Day 4

. Overhead Press 3x5

. Bench press 3x5

. Bicep Curls 3x8

. Skull crushers 3x8

. Pull ups AMRAP

Day 5

. Squat 3x5

. Deadlift 3x5

. Shoulder shrug 3x8

. Calf raise AMRAP

Day 6 REST

Day 7

. Overhead Press 3x5

. Bench press 3x5

. Bicep Curls 3x8

. Skull crushers 3x8

. Pull ups AMRAP

the 7th day rotates every week obviously. I am a complete beginner and don't have access to a full gym. all I have is an adjustable bench, a basic rack, and a barbell with some concrete weights. Any advice would be much appreciated!

air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Brotherinarms1 View Post
    the 7th day rotates every week obviously.
    Every day rotates every week obviously.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Every day rotates every week obviously.
    I meant each week will have 1 extra lower or one extra upper lol

itskade is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Day 1

. Overhead Press 3x5

. Bench press 3x5

. Bicep Curls 3x8

. Skull crushers 3x8

. Pull ups AMRAP

Day 2

. Squat 3x5

. Deadlift 3x5

. Shoulder shrug 3x8

. Calf raise AMRAP

Day 3 REST

Day 4

. Overhead Press 3x5

. Bench press 3x5

. Bicep Curls 3x8

. Skull crushers 3x8

. Pull ups AMRAP

Day 5

. Squat 3x5

. Deadlift 3x5

. Shoulder shrug 3x8

. Calf raise AMRAP

Day 6 REST

Day 7

. Overhead Press 3x5

. Bench press 3x5

. Bicep Curls 3x8

. Skull crushers 3x8

. Pull ups AMRAP

the 7th day rotates every week obviously. I am a complete beginner and don't have access to a full gym. all I have is an adjustable bench, a basic rack, and a barbell with some concrete weights. Any advice would be much appreciated!
    looks good to me but tbh looks a bit hard for a beginner to stay strict with this routine. also do you have a pic of your concrete weights? sounds interesting

coachcalande is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coachcalande is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coachcalande is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coachcalande is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coachcalande is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coachcalande is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coachcalande is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coachcalande is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coachcalande is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coachcalande is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coachcalande is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Some good exercise choices.

Questions I have are about the order of exercises.

This is a common issue with beginners- my advice is to train the larger muscles early in the workout. For example on your upper days, train chest and back prior to shoulders, train shoulders prior to arms.

Next point has to do with recovery- deadlift is quite taxing on the back, legs and hips and also on the CNS. Deadlift only on Friday, take the weekend to recover.

Monday- upper
    Tuesday - lower
    Wednesday rest
    Thursday upper
    Friday lower
    Weekend-rest

Or an every other day model allows for even better recovery

Upper
    Off
    Lower
    Off
    Upper
    Off
    Lower off

Etc
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Fat ol man with 21.5 inch arms pushing for that 1500 pound club mark.

Originally Posted by itskade View Post
    looks good to me but tbh looks a bit hard for a beginner to stay strict with this routine. also, do you have a pic of your concrete weights? sounds interesting
    Currently, I don't but Id be happy to gather some pictures of them on a scale for you! As for the strict, I assume you mean taxing? I have been at this routine for about 3 weeks now and have noticed some nice strength gain in my daily life. I'm not sure it's too strict or how I should feel if it is but maybe it's just me being only 20 and feeling invincible thinking I can workout 5 days a week?

Originally Posted by coachcalande View Post
    Some good exercise choices.

Questions I have are about the order of exercises.

This is a common issue with beginners- my advice is to train the larger muscles early in the workout. For example on your upper days, train chest and back prior to shoulders, train shoulders prior to arms.

Next point has to do with recovery- deadlift is quite taxing on the back, legs and hips and also on the CNS. Deadlift only on Friday, take the weekend to recover.

Monday- upper
    Tuesday - lower
    Wednesday rest
    Thursday upper
    Friday lower
    Weekend-rest

Or an every other day model allows for even better recovery

Upper
    Off
    Lower
    Off
    Upper
    Off
    Lower off

Etc
    Hey thank you so much for the advice! I have to ask if a routine is too taxing on me how should I feel? I'm 3 weeks in and I don't feel any back problems or anything but it could be me just being 20 and thinking I can do anything. On working certain muscle groups first you are right I should do benchpress first on upper days, I also learned to do Squats before deadlifts. If I start to feel problems within my body ill deffinitly add another rest day and also Nice deadlift sir!

coachcalande is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coachcalande is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coachcalande is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coachcalande is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coachcalande is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coachcalande is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coachcalande is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coachcalande is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coachcalande is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coachcalande is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coachcalande is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey thank you so much for the advice! I have to ask if a routine is too taxing on me how should I feel? I'm 3 weeks in and I don't feel any back problems or anything but it could be me just being 20 and thinking I can do anything. On working certain muscle groups first you are right I should do benchpress first on upper days, I also learned to do Squats before deadlifts. If I start to feel problems within my body ill deffinitly add another rest day and also Nice deadlift sir!
    Have fun! Eat big, lift big and live large and in charge!
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Fat ol man with 21.5 inch arms pushing for that 1500 pound club mark.